Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official us3R8 WW Battle Reports

Quote Originally Posted by valtaire View Post
    Yep, this is why I figured this server was over for the NE when onetheq & spider handed this artifact over to you as a gift on a silver platter. This is also why I felt the best strategy for the NE was to align with NVF. Nice work on the builds and yes this is why you build mace, especially if you are holding a diet wheat artifact.
    You're saying the server was over because I built 2.5 EGH's? It would have been done with or without the unique wheat, honestly, but it did make my life a whole lot easier. If anything, it probably kept me from burning out sooner, which arguably was the biggest factor.

Quote Originally Posted by ???? View Post
    Most Rams: Jarwa (2) (16034) -- No Change -- +0
    Most Cats: Jarwa (3) (11889) -- Previous: Jarwa (1) (11861) -- +28
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Many achievements. 10+ year player.

Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    That being said, you are now at a point defensively that is not recoverable. You wont be able to defend at the same levels and we are not done. A little while back you guys wanted to cheer about our WW getting hit and it was an incredibly ballys move to go with one hammer and no rammer on a WW. The defense total lost was fractions comparied to what we just took out and I am making a point to why you NEVER send a catter with out a rammer. Read the troop counts and you will fully understand Offense on Offense is great but Defense has to be killed to win a server. This one is far from over and we know it.
    Sorry for the double post, but I'd just like to mention that I would do this hit every single time again. Better to hit a WW than starve my hammer.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    You get burnt out after feeding 700k troops in your account for so long (350k wheat consumption). I think I had one of the most pain in the *** accounts.
    Oh I know! I'm there with you. Last September I had 350k in wheat consumption. But I didn't have a 15c, garages, an arti, GWs, or GGs. Also had a WW. So I appreciate your struggles.

*Edit: I did get some garage help later.
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 12-07-2015 at 04:09 PM.

Wowwwwwww!! Epic stuff!! Team TLDR with a huge lead now, seems val is saying server over. Nothing better than an emotionally crippling blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    Wowwwwwww!! Epic stuff!! Team TLDR with a huge lead now, seems val is saying server over. Nothing better than an emotionally crippling blow.
    This server is far from over, you should actually read what I write before you start twisting my words.

You're saying the server was over because I built 2.5 EGH's? It would have been done with or without the unique wheat, honestly, but it did make my life a whole lot easier. If anything, it probably kept me from burning out sooner, which arguably was the biggest factor.

I'll give more details after the server is over if you like but you getting that artifact as a gift made it clear that the NE by itself at the time would of had ZERO chance in end game.

I disagree but that's for another time.

NE by itself at the time would of had ZERO chance in end game.
    Am I twisting it? To me it looks like you just posted that you felt your team had no chance unless they had a 60% size advantage. Also, the 60% size advantage is based on your math/posts.

Anyway, lets focus on the main thing here. TLDR Rocks!!

This server is far from over
    Do I have time to start building my 4th EGH?
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

Do I have time to start building my 4th EGH?
    Why only 1 new one? Make 3 new ones!!!

Am I twisting it? To me it looks like you just posted that you felt your team had no chance unless they had a 60% size advantage. Also, the 60% size advantage is based on your math/posts.

Anyway, lets focus on the main thing here. TLDR Rocks!!
    Yes as usual you are twisting words. Size of an alliance means nothing and you already know this based on what happened to NX earlier in this server. I would much rather have quality over quantity in most things in life. We've played with the cards we were dealt and we will continue to fight to the end whether we have 200 players or 20, I'm not giving up.

^^^^ this is why I like this guy.

You like the fact that he admits he would be ok with a 200 player team??? Really LB??? Despite our disagreements, I would expect more from you.

Great op. Check. We rock. Check. Server not over yet. Check.

I do want to give credit to Summer, Valtaire and the PS team. Like us, they have taken a team with a majority of new players right through end game. And have helped the newbs learn the game well enough to be in leadership positions and even to hold a WW. And the teamwork they have developed makes them the senior partner in their meta, imo. Should PS return and continue to play together, then what they have learned this round about training and valuing new players, and about how teamwork can make an alliance much more powerful than any individual member, should make them a power in their next round.

Excel

To think, 5 years ago, a 240 player team (4 full embassies) wouldn't be considered a zerg. Oh how far has travian declined, I want the 40,000 player servers back when we end with over 10,000 players left in the round and 10 legitimate WW alliances....
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

You like the fact that he admits he would be ok with a 200 player team??? Really LB??? Despite our disagreements, I would expect more from you.
    That's not what he said. I'm sure he'll follow in my foot steps and embrace the dual only model.

You seem enamored with me. Might I suggest The Lord Bane Fan Club so we can stay in touch? You'll love our newsletter and VIP meet and greet.

To think, 5 years ago, a 240 player team (4 full embassies) wouldn't be considered a zerg. Oh how far has travian declined, I want the 40,000 player servers back when we end with over 10,000 players left in the round and 10 legitimate WW alliances....
    The good old days.... Sadly, long long gone.

Fun fact. My first server I lead a NINE wing alliance. It was so traumatic that I went to the other extreme.

I still think 60 triple-run accounts, planned carefully with tribe, role, and leadership already laid out in advance, could win this game. One alliance, FTW.

(and by triple-run, I mean a N. American, an Aussie, and a European, all with lots of free time on their hands and infinite gold. Sounds like the first line of a joke....)
    us5r1: Justinian (BS)
    us7r1: Domitian (CM-BS)
    us5r2: Justinian (KoN-FUSE) *win
    us4r3: Trajan (RC) *win
    us5r3: Justinian (KoN) *win
    us2r4: Buzz Lightyear (PD) *WW
    us5r4: Justinian (KoN) *win
    us5r5: Justinian (Bacon)
    us3r7: ??? (TL;DR) *win, #1 account
    us19: Atom Ant (H&V) *win

I'm sure kerzi, Justinian, Excel and Jarwa have taught you much on Travian to make you into a better player but it's too bad you haven't learned anything from them when it comes to showing class when posting in the forums. I would suggest you take a page from them and stop being the little gnat that you have become.

If you had that kind of team on a us server, it would be almost a guaranteed win nowadays.

I'm sure kerzi, Justinian, Excel and Jarwa have taught you much on Travian to make you into a better player but it's too bad you haven't learned anything from them when it comes to showing class when posting in the forums. I would suggest you take a page from them and stop being the little gnat that you have become.
    So sad you have to resort to personal insults just because I do not agree with your excessive blobbing tactics.
    Last edited by Vicious_Machine; 12-07-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian1 View Post
    I still think 60 triple-run accounts, planned carefully with tribe, role, and leadership already laid out in advance, could win this game. One alliance, FTW.

(and by triple-run, I mean a N. American, an Aussie, and a European, all with lots of free time on their hands and infinite gold. Sounds like the first line of a joke....)
    Not quite the same, but us3r3, we came to the server to do something similar. There were 40 of us who started the round, and had leadership figured out beforehand. We also had pods figured out. 3 person pods who cross sat each other. Two as an anvil (Praet/Phal or Praet/Speer plus the respective horsies (Druid or Paladins), and the third person as a hammer. This group was HIVE.

It worked fairly well, but people get burnt out, which caused problems. But we did make many of the top hammers on this server, plus many anvils were sitting at 100k+ quiet easily.

The hammers to come out of this group were Rugger, Kaelin, FireDrake, Tehkis, among others. Each one of these hammers sat between 280,000-415,000 WPH, sitting firmly in the top 20 hammers of the server's history (More to come on this at the end of the round), and were partnered with anvil players, who combined, produced well over a 700,000 defensive troops between ~10 players for the last month of the round.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.

Wow. That sounds awesome, and extremely impressive. Do you remember out of the 40 accounts, how many ended up at end game though? You mentioned burn out, that would be my biggest worry with a 40 account team. (Although would not necessarily be just burn out; could be people just vanish, get bored, or even have falling out within the team).

Not quite the same, but us3r3, we came to the server to do something similar.
    I keep saying we NEED to do this.

Wow. That sounds awesome, and extremely impressive.

My duals and I put together what I understand to be the single most dominate early and mid game alliance in US history. It's possible with the right bodies. Ultimately though we stalled out in mid game due to post Bane drama.

Not quite the same, but us3r3, we came to the server to do something similar. There were 40 of us who started the round, and had leadership figured out beforehand. We also had pods figured out. 3 person pods who cross sat each other. Two as an anvil (Praet/Phal or Praet/Speer plus the respective horsies (Druid or Paladins), and the third person as a hammer. This group was HIVE.

It worked fairly well, but people get burnt out, which caused problems. But we did make many of the top hammers on this server, plus many anvils were sitting at 100k+ quiet easily.

The hammers to come out of this group were Rugger, Kaelin, FireDrake, Tehkis, among others. Each one of these hammers sat between 280,000-415,000 WPH, sitting firmly in the top 20 hammers of the server's history (More to come on this at the end of the round), and were partnered with anvil players, who combined, produced well over a 700,000 defensive troops between ~10 players for the last month of the round.
    lol it didnt end this way, you guys became 2 quads plus 12 accounts in the NE quad. Rugger was the game changer. Smallest alliance I've played in on a normal server was TR on us6, we had less than 80 accounts when it was over.

Us3r3 was also the first server that I seen people build accounts up so others could chief them. A few of your players did this.
    Last edited by Verlanie; 12-08-2015 at 12:24 AM.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse
    us6r3 - Puzzle TR/RTA Puzzle Hammer
    us3r4 - GOB (another massive Gaul anvil) - Winners
    us6r4 - Satans Choice - THC http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1905565bba5
    us7r3 - Chuckles - Stooges http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2106816d1bd
    us2r6 - Bonzi - Tueton anvil, not recommended if you like to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Verlanie View Post
    lol it didnt end this way, you guys became 2 quads plus 12 accounts in the NE quad. Rugger was the game changer.
    Always trying to break him and I down. Be nice Lanie. I'm sure we can make this work as long as you or Kerzi are not in leadership to zerg up the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Always trying to break him and I down. Be nice Lanie. I'm sure we can make this work as long as you or Kerzi are not in leadership to zerg up the server.
    Mem and I have played with and against each other. She knows that round as well as I do. But thank you anyway Bane.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

Wow. That sounds awesome, and extremely impressive. Do you remember out of the 40 accounts, how many ended up at end game though? You mentioned burn out, that would be my biggest worry with a 40 account team. (Although would not necessarily be just burn out; could be people just vanish, get bored, or even have falling out within the team).
    Of that original group, I believe around 30-35 of the accounts managed to finish the round out. Most of them were successful in their own right in some way, between a dedicated scouter, many anvils, and 10-12 WW hammers.

lol it didnt end this way, you guys became 2 quads plus 12 accounts in the NE quad. Rugger was the game changer. Smallest alliance I've played in on a normal server was TR on us6, we had less than 80 accounts when it was over.

Mem and I have played with and against each other. She knows that round as well as I do. But thank you anyway Bane.
    My apologies. I did not mean to insinuate that is how the server ended. It was our original intention, but yes, it did not turn out that way due to various reasons that I'd rather not get into again, but both sides ended the game with 250-300 accounts if I remember right? Just pointing out the success of the original group at the end.

Us3r3 was also the first server that I seen people build accounts up so others could chief them. A few of your players did this.
    I do not believe this is the case. I mentioned burn out earlier, and we'd lose accounts here and there to deletion. If we couldn't convince them to not delete, we did ask them to leave their accounts active long enough to let the usable villages be chiefed, where they usually would delay the deletion process by about a week to allow it. It was possible normally because of way account clusters were set. I would have much rather keep the accounts then chiefing their villages if they wish to quit.
    Last edited by ????; 12-08-2015 at 02:37 AM.

Of that original group, I believe around 30-35 of the accounts managed to finish the round out. Most of them were successful in their own right in some way, between a dedicated scouter, many anvils, and 10-12 WW hammers.
    I learned something that round. You need End Game Hammers. Some nice ones came out of that round and to this day I am still impressed at Rugger's hammer.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse

Did something like that on the AE server last year. We had a limit of 100 accounts and started with about 40. And this year we decided to start with 30 or so on the SE server. With a firm commitment to stay under 60.
    We were so dominant on the AE server that I'll never make a team that strong again. Compared to the strength of the server. But I do hope to make one even stronger for next year's Qualifying and Championship rounds. That will have MUCH better competition, though.

Excel

That AE team was epic. Completely destroyed everything in our path

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2195470cd76
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2195439bb74 <-- new winner of "most cats".. if only they launched first instead of me
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2195439bb74 <-- new winner of "most cats".. if only they launched first instead of me
    If only he was Roman. Darn simmer.

Beautiful hammer though and exactly what I projected he'd have. Well done sir.

Beautiful hammer though and exactly what I projected he'd have. Well done sir.

Don't forget about their mini as well.

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/21321426d0c

Justinian/Excel join the "multiple EGH" crew of TLDR. I think the only other person to join that crew will be valtaire, but nowhere near our level.
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

Great hits. Almost 20 level lead now.

Don't forget about their mini as well.

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/21321426d0c

Justinian/Excel join the "multiple EGH" crew of TLDR. I think the only other person to join that crew will be valtaire, but nowhere near our level.

This is true, I am usually a hamvil with just one hammer. Forgetting all the stuff that happened in the NE because I won't use that as excuse I made some mistakes early that cost me, but like I said I learn more each time I play. This server I have learned a ton and win or lose I will be a force to deal with in the future. Nice job Justinian/Excel we'll have to go to vegas now!

Reasons are not excuses. It's not your fault you inherited JDs lack of infrastructure or Crazy`s anti hammer philosophy. You've done great job Val. Almost miraculous really.

but like I said I learn more each time I play. This server I have learned a ton and win or lose I will be a force to deal with in the future. Nice job Justinian/Excel we'll have to go to vegas now!
    Me too!
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Best achievements:

"That's a beautiful hammer....and everything is happening precisely as I have foreseen."
    I raise my glass to you, sir. I see the power of the Dark Side.

It was a pretty mediocre EGH, to be honest, but on a low-pop server like this, making 2 or 3 smaller EGHs instead of 1 massive uber-hammer turns out to be better. And who says I'm done? ;-)

And yes, you're right about going roman. Nothing beats a 500K wph roman beast for pure beauty.
    us5r1: Justinian (BS)
    us7r1: Domitian (CM-BS)
    us5r2: Justinian (KoN-FUSE) *win
    us4r3: Trajan (RC) *win
    us5r3: Justinian (KoN) *win
    us2r4: Buzz Lightyear (PD) *WW
    us5r4: Justinian (KoN) *win
    us5r5: Justinian (Bacon)
    us3r7: ??? (TL;DR) *win, #1 account
    us19: Atom Ant (H&V) *win

It was a pretty mediocre EGH, to be honest, but on a low-pop server like this, making 2 or 3 smaller EGHs instead of 1 massive uber-hammer turns out to be better.
    It wasn't mediocre and I agree with you. I set out to build four. Seems to be the wise move.