Thread: My thanks

Default My thanks

There was talk on another thread about heroes. I'm going to agree with Bane, for probably the first time ever: I am no hero. Nor did I ever claim to be one.

The heroes this round, in my opinion, are those I am about to list. These are the people I would like to thank, for not only making this round fun but for excelling in their respective niches:

Summer

I cannot say enough about you, Summer. I know you took the reins as leader reluctantly, but you know what? You were a true leader. You recognized that your teammates weren't being treated properly. You, and the others in WWBD, acted. You revolted, and formed your own group...and in doing so changed the storyline of the server. Once formed, you continued to advocate for your teammates. You stepped up when no on else would, and you led them to the safety and stability of a larger team. You were an absolute star, and it was an honour watching you grow and gain confidence. Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back

Digger/SusanFrench

SO many late nights and early risings because of you guys. Your ops were REALLY, really good. Most importantly, though, you were always good sports. All of those who spoke with you came away with only nice things to say, and I thank you greatly for that. I would like to tip my hat to you all, both for your planning and for your sportsmanship. Shah, your sense of humour was also appreciated greatly. Well played, all of you

The Druid

The people on this account acted with complete grace and sportsmanship. It was an honour playing against you. Oh....and NI!

Zuniper

Same as The Druid. You guys are simply awesome, and I am NEVER playing against you again

Warraxx

Lookie you, sitting up in another quad by yourself simming an EGH with no support from anyone. You blew me away, sir. I am so glad to have met you, and thank you for your contribution to our team

Jarwa

Get a screen grab before I erase what I'm about to write.

You're #1

There. You know what, though? You deserve that. You gave everything you had so that the 'puppies' you adopted would have a chance to win. Even when it got too much, you would pipe up with 'I really have to do this, for them'. I've watched you go from a hothead kid to a true leader, and I am SO honoured to have stood by your side this round. You did really, really good.

Justinian

What more can I say about you that I have not already said over the years? Your out of the box thinking, objective and fair opinions, and constant support to the leadership team has always been one of our secret weapons. When you're on, we're all on. I'm buying you another round of drinks, next time we meet in Vegas

Excel

You sat up all night with me helping with plan and arti drops, listening to me swear and laugh, laugh and swear. Your offence ideas were, as always, brilliant. This year, for me personally: you realized, somehow, that I needed a pep talk every now and then. I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciated the surprise messages of encouragement I would wake up to, waiting for me in skype. That meant the world to me. Thank you, my friend. For everything.

Lanie & Khan

Defence/Scouting. You were KEY to everything we did. Almost every success we had started with one of you.

TLDRDTX Leadership (Excel, Pax, Ducky, Bilbo, Justinian, Jarwa, Aero, Meg, Yeezus and 'late add' Lanie)

NO drama. None. For that alone, you guys rock. You worked your ***** off, ALL for our members. Your selflessness, dedication and willingness to get your hands dirty were just ridiculous. To our newbies: Congrats. You just graduated Leader School with honours

Our Wonder teams: Jarwa, Crixus, Meg, Optik, Anna, Aero, Grimm, Ducky

You know you had the job NO ONE wants. You did it anyway, with no complaint. You motivated people better than I have ever seen. To the Aero team in particular: You guys were all new, running a WW by yourself. You learned fast, and you did SO well. Be proud of the job you did

Yeezus

We're a comedy of errors, you and I, and that was SO much fun. You were brilliant this round, and if I play again I am dragging you out of retirement. Maybe we can be boneheads together on one account

DTX

I am SO glad you joined us. All of you have my deepest thanks, and my complete awe at your op effectiveness. And Lost, you cranky bugger: I would be honoured to play with you again, anytime, anywhere.

All Opposition Wonder teams

It's a thankless, tiring and hard job. Congrats on all of the work you put in, all the stress you went through. Anyone who takes on that responsibility deserves a nod of respect.

ALL EGHs, both sides

EGH simming sucks. But you all did it, for your teams, to give them a chance. On my side, a special thanks to the working hammers who agreed to park it and change course. I know that was not your plan. I know it wasn't as fun. And that is why you are on the hero list: you did it anyway, for your team.

And finally: the members of TLDRDTX

SO many of you were new. SO many of you had never seen an endgame. You went from not knowing much to putting over 6 million defenders in our Wonder. That alone is impressive. What blew me away, though, was that you FED IT. Not one troop starved (not including Jarwa's brainfart that cost us the lives of 3 brave souls). You logged in multiple times a day. You set up trade routes. You listened to our pleas. EVERY time we asked for defence, you sent. EVERY TIME we asked for TCs, or wheat, or clears, you delivered...and then asked 'WHAT CAN I DO NEXT? My god, did you deliver. BE PROUD of what you did. You were superstars. Heroes, all. As I said in my MM, I am proud and humbled to call you all teammates. Thank you for everything, guys, and for making the game fun...which is, after all, the whole point.

Oh....and Ducky: TO WAR!!!!

Kerri

Next round, we vote between Tab and Ducky as our new mascot. Enjoy your Christmas 'truce', all
    Last edited by Kerzi; 12-20-2015 at 10:34 PM.
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    Warraxx

Lookie you, sitting up in another quad by yourself simming an EGH with no support from anyone. You blew me away, sir. I am so glad to have met you, and thank you for your contribution to our team

Jarwa
    To be fair, I tried joining WTF? but was ignored by pebbles. Then I applied to NVF, but Fairy stopped talking to me when I wanted to kill Jarwa. That was an op hammer in the makes originally. I am glad Jarwa and I set aside our differences (one of his duals was just missing a screw) . It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and Yeezus...If I ever get brain damage and play T4.4 again, I'd play for Kerzi ANY day.

It's very apparent this server had good people in all quads, so again, hats off to all.

I'm going to agree with Bane, for probably the first time ever:
    We're making progress you and I.
    Two sides of the same coin.

Lanie & Khan

You! Here with those unsolicited taunting messages I thought it was Vain on that account. Lanie. Lanie. Lanie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vain View Post
    If I ever get brain damage and play T4.4 again, I'd play for Kerzi ANY day..
    There you are! Thank you for naming the alliance after me. I screen shotted it so I can print it and add it too my collection of clippings and narcissistic triumphs.

I hope you play with Kerzi again. I'll be there...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post

You! Here with those unsolicited taunting messages I thought it was Vain on that account. Lanie. Lanie. Lanie.
    Lanie only sat the Khan! account.
    NI!

I was sitter, I love scout accounts. So you still don't know who owned it lol

*I even thanked Khan for letting me use his scouting account in one of my posts.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse
    us6r3 - Puzzle TR/RTA Puzzle Hammer
    us3r4 - GOB (another massive Gaul anvil) - Winners
    us6r4 - Satans Choice - THC http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1905565bba5
    us7r3 - Chuckles - Stooges http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2106816d1bd
    us2r6 - Bonzi - Tueton anvil, not recommended if you like to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Verlanie View Post
    So you still don't know who owned it lol
    Still don't care. The only things this server I cared about were helping Val/Summer/Sam, having an EGH for Val/Summer/Sam and trolling you and JD in defense of Val/Summe/Sam. Priorities Lanie. Nothing else is or was a priority.

Still don't care. The only things this server I cared about were helping Val/Summer/Sam, having an EGH for Val/Summer/Sam and trolling you and JD in defense of Val/Summe/Sam. Priorities Lanie. Nothing else is or was a priority.
    Trolling me had nothing to do with Val/Summer or Sam, you just cant help yourself, but it did lose you a friend because I cant separate the feelings you gave me by taunting me in front of people who don't even know me and making me defend myself here for absolutely no reason. Then in private you are all nicey nice. You didn't hurt my game play at all by trolling me, but it will take a long time before I call you friend again if I ever do. I didn't deserve your taunts and I wont pretend they didn't happen.

*Cant believe you just used my name and JD in the same sentence....thats really the lowest blow of all.
    us8 Lanie - Lanie
    us3r3 - Horse
    us6r3 - Puzzle TR/RTA Puzzle Hammer
    us3r4 - GOB (another massive Gaul anvil) - Winners
    us6r4 - Satans Choice - THC http://travian-reports.net/us/report/1905565bba5
    us7r3 - Chuckles - Stooges http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2106816d1bd
    us2r6 - Bonzi - Tueton anvil, not recommended if you like to raid.

but it did lose you a friend
    I'm sorry you feel that way Lanie but I still wouldn't do anything differently because...

Trolling me had nothing to do with Val/Summer or Sam,
    It had EVERYTHING to do with Val and Summer. As we have well established in these forums I felt you betrayed them.

you just cant help yourself,
    I could troll you and Kerzi`s victory. I'm choosing not to. My trolling is altruistic in nature. AKA. Altrollism.

I didn't deserve your taunts and I wont pretend they didn't happen.
    I never taunted you and I never made a personal attack. What happened you brought upon your self.
    • When we brought up a NAP you said we were liars.
    • When we brought up joint Ops you said we were liars.
    • When we brought up TLDR defending against Sim City you said we were liars.

I messaged you in private to tell you who to talk to and who to verify things with. You chose not to. This is no different than S6 when I told you what dforn was up to and you said I was a liar. You ignored the screen shots then and now.

To disagree about something is not a personal attack especially when you are talking publicly about something you don't understand.

Can we not just let a 'thank you great job to all sides' thread stand as is? Bane, you've got 50 other threads to choose from to continue your trolling on.
    NI!

Can we not just let a 'thank you great job to all sides' thread stand as is?
    I did here:
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...11#post2762011
    I did here:
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...=1#post2761933

Bane, you've got 50 other threads to choose from to continue your trolling on.
    Who is trolling?

Trolling: "I'm sorry your friendship is so conditional especially after I defended you in public and private for five years..."
    Not trolling: "I'm sorry you feel that way Lanie but I still wouldn't do anything differently because..."

See? I'm not trolling. Lanie posted to me and it would be rude not to respond. We're having a conversation.

You are trolling her. Why? Because you know she had nothing to do with Summer or Sam.

I did. And I admitted the mistake, and I apologized. In public. You are aware that there was no intentional betrayal. To continue on the betrayal line, on a thread where the first person I congratulated was Summer? Trolling.
    NI!

I felt you betrayed them.
    Past tense. Felt. Not did. In the context of the conversation it's answering and not accusatory. Not trolling.

Yeezus

We're a comedy of errors, you and I, and that was SO much fun. You were brilliant this round, and if I play again I am dragging you out of retirement. Maybe we can be boneheads together on one account
    The amount of times we had to change Ops on the fly due to random errors you and I did (ok mostly me but still) was ridiculous. Never again will i depend on the small fool effects while running an Op lol.
    I still laugh at the time we kept confusing Rasmus and Rastus and you being confused thinking Rasmus was going to launch at our wonder. Nevertheless you were one of the best leaders I've ever encountered and it was a pleasure playing alongside you.

While I'm at it, I'd like give my thanks to everyone else that I worked with this server:

NeoGeo, Dominion, & Cormac
    Thank you guys for providing me with defense for much of the server. I can't even begin to count the amount of times I pissed someone off and you guys came in to save my butt. I would've deleted a long time ago if it wasn't for you guys.

Emm
    You also saved my butt countless times with defense, but on top of that you were more than willing to join me on suicide runs on undefended artis, send hero fakes to help out on OPs or just pick up artis from me if i needed you too.
    I remember fighting with DTX leadership for days to get you into DTX and I'm so glad I finally convinced them. Thank you so much for dealing with all my requests and killing your troops and hero countless times

To all the hammer players in DTX (Rocky, Noidea, New & Improved, Rasmus, Lost_Soul, Erin, Cormac, Tehkis, Optik) & TL;DR (SiNNer, Stangy, Aer0wood, Sir Willam)
    A huge thank you to all of you who participated in the OPs that I ran this server. It meant a lot to me for you guys to trust your hammers with me, especially since this was the first time I had ever coordinated OPs before. Thank you to all of you guys for participating in my overambitious ops for most of the server and then converting your working hammers into small EGHs when we needed you guys to.
    When it was all said and done we managed to steal 10 artis (7 small, 2 large & 1 unique) and ruined a good handful of enemy capitals/hammers over the course of the server and I couldn't have done it without you guys.

** Special Shout out to Rocky, Noidea, New&Improved & Rasmus **
    You guys were MVPs this round. Whether it was racing Kerzi to see who ghost the most Cats, raiding PS members to annoy them, or just being ready on a moment's notice to send hammers you guys were amazing to work with and I'd play with you guys anytime.

To all of DTX
    You guys were the most elite group of players I've ever played with, we constantly went after meta's 4-5 times our size and managed to hold our own quite well. Our Hammers were amazing and our anvils were even more impressive. Throughout the entire server we only ever had one capital ever get damaged.
    I'm so grateful, I got to be a part of such a talented group of players.

To our halfbaked endgame ideas group (Kerzi, Excel, Jarwa, Justinian, Sir William
    What started off as just a sounding board for advice for my DTX ops turned into the planning room for all our EGH hits. I've learned so much from each of you through our planning process (and trial and error lol)
    Thank you guys for putting up with my mistakes as well as letting me know when my ideas were a bit too overambitious and being outstanding leaders and teachers as well.

Summer
    Summer i was beyond impressed with what you guys managed to pull together in the NE, I originally spawned in the NE and ran away as fast as i could thinking the NE would be irrelevant but you managed to get your team together to have a chance at endgame. You were always fun to talk to and was able to laugh at both your teams victories as well as defeats and I would love to play with you on a future server.
    One day you will have to teach me how to juggle and bake cookies though, we never got around to it this round :P

Finally, thank you to everyone for making this a fun server to be a part of. I had a blast running around organizing things and I couldn't have asked for a better team.

- Yeezus

(To save everyone some time... TL.DR )

my collection of clippings and narcissistic triumphs.

I hope you play with Kerzi again. I'll be there...
    Joker2.jpg

You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Admitting your ailment is the first step to recovery...good job!

No love for LD
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S2R7 ~ MaTaJuAnEs - Loss! / S2R8 ~ iIRiTAtOr
    S3R8 ~ LordDeath - Win! / S3R9 ~ LordDeath
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!
    S19R1 ~ Goosebumps - Win! / S19R2 ~ Hulk - Win!
    Travian Tourny Qualifier ~ Ganja Gang

Quote Originally Posted by Spider01 View Post
    And just to be clear, I don't care how many servers you delete on. It's just not that important to me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vain View Post
    You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

Last edited by Lord Bane; 12-21-2015 at 02:20 PM.

This thread was started as a thank you by Kerzi, and it should stay that way.

I have played on a lot of teams, good and bad. This team, while smaller than almost any other I've been on, was stellar and focused. I am immeasurably proud of what they did. I'm certain that our opponents in the north had equally impressive accomplishments. I have no doubt they overcame things we did not (and vice versa) and I offer a very sincere congratulations to them for a hard-fought, well-played game. In the age of shrinking servers and less competitive overall server politics, this ended up being a fairly balanced matchup between two tough competitors that never gave up. I am visiting family far from home right now, and yesterday drove through Hartford, where I stopped to mail a package. Even though I never met her in person, I was reminded, standing in line at the post office, that one of our "opponents" was Norine Helene Moore, Nohemo, someone who might have easily been the person smiling at me across the counter if not for her illness. In the end, this silly wargame of digital troops and armies and whatever is really about real people.

Other real people: From my selfless and humble dual whose long work hours and tough schedule never got in the way of his in-game obligations, to our goofy but indefatigable "down under" Mudguard workhorse team of ONE who played like an army of ten, to the many "old" KoN and new BR/DR and DTX who turned our loose-knit band into a TEAM, I have nothing but praise. Listing them all by name would be pointless. You know who you are, and you earned this. Lanie, you did NOT ruin Christmas, despite my many exclamations to the contrary! And all of you were kind enough to welcome an 11-year-old into your game, patiently teaching him while remaining humorous and friendly despite his mistakes. Letting him queue up L100 was meaningful to him, and I am grateful.

Most important, though, is to recognize leadership. Jarwa was a kid -- a 14-year-old imp -- who was playing on a computer in 2008 or so without his parents' permission, and he was a colossal pain in the butt, both brilliant and reckless. He grew up, and is now an accomplished player and a good leader. Most of all, he's no longer a kid, but a friend, and all of us have enjoyed seeing him grow.

In addition to the US servers I've played, I have played full games on several international or overseas servers, under all sorts of leadership teams and structures, with different philosophies and style. I have never, ever seen a better leader and player than Kerzi. She is not perfect, and makes many mistakes, but I've never met a player who is more dedicated to her team winning, to respecting her players, to giving them the credit (rather than taking it herself), to learning new things, and to making everyone on the team feel valued and appreciated. Despite the completely inappropriate narrative on this forum about integrity, I have never played with or against anyone with more integrity and respect for the game than Kerzi. I would rather play and lose alongside her than win with anyone else. She is the teammate (or in this case team captain) that you remember forever, that you use as a role model, and that you hold up as the paradigm and standard for others to follow forever. She is the best Travian player I have ever met, hands down, even if she puts her buildings in the wrong places.

tl;dr: Congrats and happy holidays to all. Kerzi > me
    us5r1: Justinian (BS)
    us7r1: Domitian (CM-BS)
    us5r2: Justinian (KoN-FUSE) *win
    us4r3: Trajan (RC) *win
    us5r3: Justinian (KoN) *win
    us2r4: Buzz Lightyear (PD) *WW
    us5r4: Justinian (KoN) *win
    us5r5: Justinian (Bacon)
    us3r7: ??? (TL;DR) *win, #1 account
    us19: Atom Ant (H&V) *win

Huh? Is that server ended? Gotta be, all those hugs and kisses lol. I see praises for DTX.... I feel like a father that left his family and found out after many years that they are doing great (let me wipe the tear from the corner of my eye). Funtards influence over S3- me like it

Many servers. Since s4r1

Tom likes to stare in a mirror too...Sorry Kerzi, this is like what Orome would do.

nicholson vs ledger joker comparison

Where Ledger’s Joker painted his Joker face on to look less human, Nicholson’s Joker has a permanent Joker face, and tried to make himself look like a normal man by wearing make-up. Nicholson’s Joker was like the many fictional gangsters out there, trying to make a name for himself whilst getting revenge on those that have done wrong by him. Even though he’s totally crazy and likes to go around completing his criminal activities by dancing to Prince, you can see why he wouldn’t be the biggest fan of Batman.
    Compared to Ledger’s Joker, Nicholson’s Joker was a lot more human.

When you take a look at Ledger’s Joker, Nolan is using the Joker’s character as a physical manifestation of a philosophy, the philosophy of an Absurdist (which you can read more about in my Joker the Absurdist: A character analysis post). In Burton’s film we got a clear idea of who the Joker was, however in the Nolan films the Joker is set up as this ambiguous character. The criminals have heard of him but they all have crazy theories about him. Ledger’s Joker is not driven by revenge like Nicholson’s Joker, he’s driven by a need to prove his worldview, that the world is completely chaotic, and the only way to live life is by stop pretending there is order and justice, and just be chaotic with it. And because of that chaotic belief he doesn’t believe in the goodness of other people.

Sounds a bit narcissistic to me.

Digger/SusanFrench[/U]

SO many late nights and early risings because of you guys. Your ops were REALLY, really good. Most importantly, though, you were always good sports. All of those who spoke with you came away with only nice things to say, and I thank you greatly for that. I would like to tip my hat to you all, both for your planning and for your sportsmanship. Shah, your sense of humour was also appreciated greatly. Well played, all of you

Thank you for the kind words and congratulations to you and your team on the server win. The players from your team that reached out to our account were all class. Your post confirms much of what I have heard about you. All of it good. It was a pleasure to play against you. This was a small server, but with many excellent players. Its nice to see you dishing out credit to those that deserved it, but feel free to take a moment for yourself. Our chances of winning went up in smoke with your ghostings. Well played.