Thread: More social media stupidity.

Default More social media stupidity.

So, Twitter has taken another step backwards this week. To further coddle people on their site they have unveiled a new Trust and Safety Council which is largely made up of opponents of free speech. Already some of the members of the counsel have claimed that they will be trying to change the rules so comments like "You're a liar" are bannable.
    With this on already on the table it means people who wish to call Donald Trump out for his lies, or criticize him for crying over a reporter who verbally *****-slapped him will have their accounts banned or temporary locked due to it being 'harassment'. It could also mean parody images mocking Trump
    (as in this: ) will also be against the said guidelines, if we take that comment into consideration.
    This also means the cringeworthy comments he makes on his twitter account would also be against community guidelines and he, too should be removed.

Anyone wanna weigh in on this idiocy?

He won't get banned. He's famous. His critics will though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    He won't get banned. He's famous. His critics will though.
    And that is what will really happen. People who call him out or talk **** about his dumb comments will be banned while he is allowed to call women 'bimbo' and 'lightweight' (whatever the **** that means). I can see this idea just entirely backfiring and crushing the site. Which means I'll be forced to rely in *shudder* reddit to keep up with Starcraft.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Twitter killing itself like this.

An hero twitter/Rok.

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind Twitter killing itself like this.
    Sadly it's the only way I can keep tabs on SC2 tournaments, pro gamers, SC2 news and whatnot. I guess I could force myself to join Reddit but they're a ll a bunch of balance whining *******. It's like a forum full of Avilo.

Also: Twitter at its worst is still better than Facebook at its best.
    Last edited by 5m4llP0X; 02-12-2016 at 02:53 AM.

You guys get worked up by the darndest things!

We get worked up over: Racists, sexist people, homophobic people, and pedophiles. Trump takes credit for the first three.

We get worked up over: Racists, sexist people, homophobic people, and pedophiles. Trump takes credit for the first three.
    This is why we can't beat our kids in public anymore and participation medals were created.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Well, all 4 are intolerable and we should not have to tolerate their presence.

Reader's Note: Michelob Ultra isn't even worth drinking. It tastes like piss and won't even get you drunk. I drank a forty and nothing.

It's like 2% ABV. Makes me wonder whose beer I'm drinking.
    Last edited by Dark Tower; 02-16-2016 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Double Post

Reader's Note: Michelob Ultra isn't even worth drinking. It tastes like piss and won't even get you drunk. I drank a forty and nothing.
    It's like 2% ABV. Makes me wonder whose beer I'm drinking.
    Maybe it's recycled beer, if you get my drift?

This is why we can't beat our kids in public anymore and participation medals were created.
    How is this homophobic? Just curious. Child abuse maybe, but homophobic?

As for the...whatever it is between sap and toucan at least sap molested people old enough to have hit puberty...and at least he was able to be discharged from the military, until you strap up and sign that line it's laughable to try to make fun of someone for being kicked out of something you couldn't join.
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

So, Twitter's new 'Trust and Safety counsel' is proving to be just as detrimental as it sounds. This account was banned for criticizing one of the board members:

This is reigniting the #gamersgate issue.

This is all I have to say to you:

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

No Sapient, I will not bang you no matter how many Day9 gifs you use.

Well, seeing as there was only one on your bucket..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    So, Twitter's new 'Trust and Safety counsel' is proving to be just as detrimental as it sounds. This account was banned for criticizing one of the board members:

This is reigniting the #gamersgate issue.
    Which bit caused the ban? And what do think is reigniting the issue? Is any post by one of "the girls" considered totally outrageous to you now?
    #dontpickthescabkiddies
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Which bit caused the ban?
    His correcting her about who the 'abuser' is.
    And what do think is reigniting the issue?
    Considering this whole fiasco ignited gamersgate, with Zoe being absolute proof of bribing people for positive reviews, Kotaku spinning this about sexism, and Anita attaching herself to the drama to leech popularity...
    Is any post by one of "the girls" considered totally outrageous to you now?
    #dontpickthescabkiddies
    It doesn't 'outrage' it more or less depresses me. I liked Twitter because it is an easy way to keep tabs on and even chat with SC2 players & casters while filtering out all **** and drama I don't want to pay attention to. It was also a fun outlet to join troll conversations. But if this is going to be the new avenue I'm afraid I'll be left in the dark.

His correcting her about who the 'abuser' is.

Considering this whole fiasco ignited gamersgate, with Zoe being absolute proof of bribing people for positive reviews, Kotaku spinning this about sexism, and Anita attaching herself to the drama to leech popularity...

It doesn't 'outrage' it more or less depresses me. I liked Twitter because it is an easy way to keep tabs on and even chat with SC2 players & casters while filtering out all **** and drama I don't want to pay attention to. It was also a fun outlet to join troll conversations. But if this is going to be the new avenue I'm afraid I'll be left in the dark.
    Ah, so what you are saying is only block stuff I think is offensive. Got it. I guess you can't even go back to reddit, since that seems to be looking more grown up now too.

PS. I have read far too much on that stupid GG saga, and really, you should be more aware of your tendency to only believe what supports your current views. All together now, this is know as........
    Last edited by Rokchick; 02-22-2016 at 02:58 AM.

Ah, so what you are saying is only block stuff I think is offensive. Got it. I guess you can't even go back to reddit, since that seems to be looking more grown up now too.
    I don't block stuff on Twitter. I just don't follow the things that annoy me. Reddit, however, is ripe with balance whine, ******* flame posts and other lameness. Also: most of the pros do not post on there because of it so keeping tabs on them is a bit more difficult.
    PS. I have read far too much on that stupid GG saga, and really, you should be more aware of your tendency to only believe what supports your current views. All together now, this is know as........
    You honestly think it's all about 'dem boiz h8 wominz'?

You honestly think it's all about 'dem boiz h8 wominz'?
    No, but it certainly NOT only about ethics in game journalism. In what world do you live where you think every journalist has no social interaction with anyone in the industry they report on? Even if what the GG kiddies say is all true (and it IS NOT) then so what? She slept with someone to get a good review. Like no one has ever done that, ever. No doctor ever prescribed anything 'cos a pretty rep gave him the come on? That is far worse than what this blew up about. No one bonked an academy voter for a chance at the big gong? No dinners were ever bought for any politician ever?

You will happily pretend that the propaganda you get fed about (guns, medicines, defense, oil, energy, whatever) is only a result of pure unvarnished hearts? All of those things affect the actual real world in which non digital avatars die and suffer. Get a grip.

No, but it certainly NOT only about ethics in game journalism. In what world do you live where you think every journalist has no social interaction with anyone in the industry they report on? Even if what the GG kiddies say is all true (and it IS NOT) then so what? She slept with someone to get a good review. Like no one has ever done that, ever. No doctor ever prescribed anything 'cos a pretty rep gave him the come on? That is far worse than what this blew up about. No one bonked an academy voter for a chance at the big gong? No dinners were ever bought for any politician ever?

You will happily pretend that the propaganda you get fed about (guns, medicines, defense, oil, energy, whatever) is only a result of pure unvarnished hearts? All of those things affect the actual real world in which non digital avatars die and suffer. Get a grip.
    And yet totally missed the point.
    Movie critics are constantly scrutinized for their objective bias and integrity--buying a positive review from a movie critic is almost taboo. They are asking for the same thing. Also: the first traces of GG can be brought back to when Jeff Gerstmann was fired from Gamestop in 2007 for giving Kane and Lynch a bad review. They claimed it was "creative differences" but it was because he gave a major developer a bad review. It wasn't called GG back then, but it began a complete mistrust with Kotaku, Gamestop, IGN and even Escapist began to form.

And yet totally missed the point.
    Movie critics are constantly scrutinized for their objective bias and integrity--buying a positive review from a movie critic is almost taboo. They are asking for the same thing. Also: the first traces of GG can be brought back to when Jeff Gerstmann was fired from Gamestop in 2007 for giving Kane and Lynch a bad review. They claimed it was "creative differences" but it was because he gave a major developer a bad review. It wasn't called GG back then, but it began a complete mistrust with Kotaku, Gamestop, IGN and even Escapist began to form.
    What? Movie critics might be scrutinized (a little bit, some of them) but most are pretty openly biased! How many totally crap movies get nice little buzz quotes on their posters from reviewers? Why do you think that is? How many reviewers get junkets abroad for reviews? How many reviewers get to bonk the starlets? But more importantly how many film reviewers have been subject to the sort of attacks GG has lead? You live in a weird world where you think that something like an ethical misstep (which by the way, is mostly a beat up, but even if it weren't) is worthy of the sort of vitriol and madness that GG let rip. GG is a prime example of totally losing sight of the wood because your nose is so far into the woodpeckers nest.

Edit: If it was anything to do with ethics in journalism, there would be no GG "movement". No threats on life, no bomb threats, no fame lifts, nothing for silly little boys and bigger dorks to vent their spleen at. No one cares enough. Really, they don't. If it didn't have the feminist/misogynist overtones, it would have stayed bubbling along where it belongs. Out of sight to everyone except those who need to be involved..
    Last edited by Rokchick; 02-23-2016 at 03:52 AM.

What? Movie critics might be scrutinized (a little bit, some of them) but most are pretty openly biased! How many totally crap movies get nice little buzz quotes on their posters from reviewers?
    Those 'buzz words' are taken out of contest. 'Worst movie of the year' can be turned into '... Movie of the year'
    Why do you think that is? How many reviewers get junkets abroad for reviews? How many reviewers get to bonk the starlets? But more importantly how many film reviewers have been subject to the sort of attacks GG has lead?
    You talking about the doxxing? Because even GG has condemned the attacks and claimed no responsibility. In fact....
    Quote Originally Posted by http://howtonotsuck.com/viewarticle.php?id=95
    1. The supposed doxing included a claim of responsibility by 4CHAN.ORG/V/ - except there are two things wrong with that:
      1. 4chan doesn't capitalize like that - it's always /v/, never /V/
      2. 4chan doesn't claim responsibility for anything; they deflect to a place like 9gag or reddit

Additionally, the members of /v/ adamantly denied that they had anything to do with it, and had an entire discussion about how they were being framed, and pleading with each other not to use any of the contact information released in the doxxing because it had to be a honeypot. 4chan had nothing to do with it.
    2. The hacked accounts, namely her Twitter and Tumblr, were recovered within minutes. There was just enough time for her to draw attention to the fact that it happened, and then it was all undone, back to its original state. Tumblr in particular has a security feature where if someone tries to log in while being logged in elsewhere, the other login is disconnected. So if Zoe Quinn and a doxxer were both trying to use her Tumblr at the same time, they both would have been locked in an endless cycle of having to log in again, and the information would never have been successfully posted.
    3. The released information did not include any passwords or login information for anything. When a hacker enters your account and doxxes you, they make sure to spit out as many passwords as possible in order to cause as much chaos as possible. That didn't happen. Additionally, they didn't change any passwords to lock Quinn out and keep the information up for longer. If she'd really been doxxed, it would have lasted for more than a few minutes, and passwords would have been revealed.
    4. The information that got released was fake. The phone number was centred in Hawaii; Zoe Quinn lives in Massacheussets.

You live in a weird world where you think that something like an ethical misstep (which by the way, is mostly a beat up, but even if it weren't) is worthy of the sort of vitriol and madness that GG let rip.
    It was more than just one 'misstep'. You're forgetting when she tried to claim Wizardchan was organizing the doxxing and trying to find ways to get her to commit suicide. They then released the chat logs proving the people who said such things where quickly banned and the chat was refocused into how they could keep the movement on track--Integrity in reviews. Or the accusations of GG members stalking her house when no contact to the local PD was made.
    GG is a prime example of totally losing sight of the wood because your nose is so far into the woodpeckers nest.
    Currently, yes. 99% of it is focused on the other liar Anita and her wildly inaccurate and outlandish claims instead of continuing to attack Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot and Escapist for being such ****** to advertising.

Those 'buzz words' are taken out of contest. 'Worst movie of the year' can be turned into '... Movie of the year'

Currently, yes. 99% of it is focused on the other liar Anita and her wildly inaccurate and outlandish claims instead of continuing to attack Kotaku, IGN, Gamespot and Escapist for being such ****** to advertising.
    And yet you​ keep it going, even here!. And even here, where you are saying "yes" to my "it's a silly focus", you can't help yourself but continue the insults. See the problem?

PS - I'm leaving that top one in so you can see how dumb it is later. As if, as if, as if! You really don't live in the real world.

But more importantly how many film reviewers have been subject to the sort of attacks GG has lead?
    Big names in pretty much anything get death threats, including film reviewers. Moreso when they take a controversial position or go out of their way to goad people (and there have definitely been a few documented cases of Anita Sarawhatever goading groups into negatively responding to her). Just like there have been death threats against GG activists, MRAs, and the other groups that you would prefer to just write off as "baddies"; the difference is, there isn't the automatic jump-to-conclusions where the threats against them are assumed, without evidence, to be from the people they were most recently arguing with.

You live in a weird world where you think that something like an ethical misstep (which by the way, is mostly a beat up, but even if it weren't) is worthy of the sort of vitriol and madness that GG let rip.
    No. You (and the other ultra-far-left overly-PC tumblr nimrods like you) are the only ones even making the claim that anybody thinks the death threats etc. are justified -- hell, from everything I can see, the GG community has done more to actually report threat-makers to the authorities than the Feminists have.

Is this aboot facebook new punish system (dislike option)?

This is my safe space, stop triggering me
    http://tallraz.com/wp-content/upload...6042070689.png
    http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_mtifihupun1rfbp0oo1.mp3#_=_
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    See what you've done, modern day Republicans? You've made things so bad that I'm having to agree with Rokchick about something.

Quote Originally Posted by papillion View Post
    this is my safe space, stop triggering me
    your safe spaaaaaaaaceeee
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.