Thread: Travian 4 Hero Defense

Villager

Default Travian 4 Hero Defense

Travian 4: Heroes have a known Fighting Strength, and they attack as either Infantry of Cavalry.

But how about when they defend? Their Fighting Strength counts as defense as well as offense, but how is it figured against attacking Infantry and Cavalry? I've searched and cannot find the answer.

Hero defense is both infantry and cavalry. So if your hero has 1000 fighting strength that's the equivalent of a 1000/1000 unit.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Villager

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    Hero defense is both infantry and cavalry. So if your hero has 1000 fighting strength that's the equivalent of a 1000/1000 unit.
    Thanks, Tineren. So, that's quite an advantage as a defender.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkLoin View Post
    Thanks, Tineren. So, that's quite an advantage as a defender.
    In the initial part of the game, yes. A wall of heroes can even effectively defend any "major" attacks that may come your way in the first 2-3 weeks of a server.

Villager

Having figured out how to use the Combat Simulator http://travian.kirilloid.ru/warsim2.php ....

(It does not work if you put troop numbers in the little boxes for upgrade level )

I had a Hero with 1220 Fighting Strength be attacked by 30 Clubswingers (1200 Attack), and 8 TKs (1200 Attack). The Hero lost 100% of health, while 37% of the attackers died. This is consistent with there being roughly twice as much Attack as Defense.

This suggests that the Hero's Fighting Strength is split against attacking forces, i.e. it's not the full FS against attacking Infantry as well as against attacking Cavalry.

To confirm that, I tried the same Hero being attacked by 11 TKs (1650 Attack) and 19 Clubswingers (760 Attack). Total Attack was 2410, so again almost exactly twice the Defense, and 36% of attackers died, equally proportioned among the infantry and cavalry.

Thus, it appears that indeed the Hero's Fighting Strength is split against the attackers, and applied proportionally to them, Infantry and Cavalry.

That's how all defense works. When you look at the defense numbers for a unit, think of it as a range. So a phalanx is worth 40 defense against a full infantry attack, 50 defense against a full cavalry attack, and for a mixed attack it would be somewhere in between depending how much infantry and cavalry is attacking.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Villager

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    That's how all defense works.

Yes, I guess so. At first I was thinking "great advantage as a defender" due to having 1000 Fighting Strength against both infantry and cavalry, but now I see that it's a maximum of 1000, split between the two.