Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 66

Thread: 2015 Travies discussion thread

  1. #1

    Default 2015 Travies discussion thread

    So what do you guys think of this year's awards? Are you planning on voting? (Please say yes lol).

  2. #2

    Default

    we should do open voting for travies and trollies.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    we should do open voting for travies and trollies.
    I'm willing to change stuff up for future years but I want to make sure the community is on board. Is open voting something that people would find easier?

    As far as the trollies. That is not staff based and nobody did them last year.

  4. #4

    Default

    Sure. I'm down for voting--and open voting as in we post on the forums like we do with contests or we're open to vote for anyone we want?

  5. #5

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    I don't mind one way or the other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Sure. I'm down for voting--and open voting as in we post on the forums like we do with contests or we're open to vote for anyone we want?
    Like contests, I think it might increase turnout. If users prefer to submit votes privately, then they can be encouraged to do so as well.

  7. #7

    Default

    I wonder if we could campaign for votes?

  8. #8
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    I wonder if we could campaign for votes?
    I'll be your campaign manager. You're bound to lose then :P

    I'll be one of the 7 votes for trump. Oh wait, I mean Summer.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    I wonder if we could campaign for votes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    I'll be your campaign manager. You're bound to lose then :P

    I'll be one of the 7 votes for trump. Oh wait, I mean Summer.
    It should be like mafia, a group gets nominated then forum members vote to lynch until only one is left standing.

    Vote: Rokchick

  10. #10

    Default

    These are all great ideas. I think next year we'll mix things up. But for now GO VOTE!

  11. #11

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,120

    Default

    No No
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

  12. #12

    Default

    General Chat
    This is the place to socialize and talk about just about anything not related to Travian.


    Sorry but I am reporting this thread to the mods :c

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    These are all great ideas. I think next year we'll mix things up. But for now GO VOTE!
    So, can I campaign? If so:
    Vote me for Helping hand. My handy j...er...nature is always about helping!

  14. #14

    Default

    No campaining this year but I will discuss with the team for next year.

  15. #15

    Default

    Next year
    Last edited by Sapient; 02-20-2016 at 04:53 PM.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    No No
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Next year ��������������������
    Yes, the rules this year state no campaigning. A discussion needs to happen before I go changing things willy nilly. My whole team needs a chance to have input.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    No campaigningredients this year but I will let discuss with the team for next year.
    Damn. I was seriously going to make a banner, rip off some winning slogans from previous presidents, and harass convince people into believing I am deserving of Helping Hand.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    ?


    Yes, the rules this year state no campaigning. A discussion needs to happen before I go changing things willy nilly. My whole team needs a chance to have input.
    I was saying this place will be dead next year

  19. #19

    Default

    I did got it!
    BTW are we all up to date with The Walking Dead?

  20. #20

    Woden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    Yes, the rules this year state no campaigning.
    What about if a PAC is formed to campaign on the member's behalf?

  21. #21

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    ?


    Yes, the rules this year state no campaigning. A discussion needs to happen before I go changing things willy nilly. My whole team needs a chance to have input.
    I don't see how we can have travies with maybe 7 people posting, I don't think the pool is deep enough to warrant having the travies...sadly the forum is dying.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    I don't see how we can have travies with maybe 7 people posting, I don't think the pool is deep enough to warrant having the travies...sadly the forum is dying.
    This just means my odds of getting Helping hand is that much better!

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    I was saying this place will be dead next year
    Yeah, you know because the 6 people posting now make this forum seem less dead now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    What about if a PAC is formed to campaign on the member's behalf?
    No campaigning this year but I will make sure community involvement is involved in changes for next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    I don't see how we can have travies with maybe 7 people posting, I don't think the pool is deep enough to warrant having the travies...sadly the forum is dying.
    This is also a concern of mine which is why I need all of you to vote. If I get Less than a dozen votes I won't hand out awards. Last year I didn't think we'd have enough but I was wrong. So spread the word and let's get to voting!
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Yeah, you know because the 6 people posting now make this forum seem less dead now.
    I'm all ears on how to gain and retain new members. I've been seeing new peeps from time to time but I guess what you're saying is they don't last long?

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    I'm all ears on how to gain and retain new members. I've been seeing new peeps from time to time but I guess what you're saying is they don't last long?
    The moderators can't shoot the forums in the legs, then come back 2-3 years later and suggest "I'm all ears on how to gain ambulance for the forum." It's too late, the forum was shot, and it was never taken to the hospital, it got a shoddy repair by a underground doctor, and it never got rehabilitation.

    The best it can do is hobble around on the 5 members it has left, before it finally takes a glock and ends its miserable existence.

  26. #26

    Default

    I feel special C:

  27. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    I'm all ears on how to gain and retain new members. I've been seeing new peeps from time to time but I guess what you're saying is they don't last long?
    I don't think it's quite how Sap put it, can't blame the moderating completely for the death of the forums, but the point that there's nothing that can be done to save it remains. The game itself is dying so the forums will dry out with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  28. #28

    Default

    There are plenty of forum users to host the travies. Between gen chat and the embassies. People just need to vote......

  29. #29
    Philosopher Toucan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    **** Travian.
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    I'm all ears on how to gain and retain new members. I've been seeing new peeps from time to time but I guess what you're saying is they don't last long?
    Over-modding should cease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    The moderators can't shoot the forums in the legs, then come back 2-3 years later and suggest "I'm all ears on how to gain ambulance for the forum." It's too late, the forum was shot, and it was never taken to the hospital, it got a shoddy repair by a underground doctor, and it never got rehabilitation.

    The best it can do is hobble around on the 5 members it has left, before it finally takes a glock and ends its miserable existence.
    You were part of the problem.

  30. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    No campaigning this year but I will make sure community involvement is involved in changes for next year.

    This is also a concern of mine which is why I need all of you to vote. If I get Lexx than a dozen votes I won't hand out awards. Last year I didn't think we'd have enough but I was wrong. So spread the word and let's get to voting!


    I'm all ears on how to gain and retain new members. I've been seeing new peeps from time to time but I guess what you're saying is they don't last long?
    A lot of the issue is the severe financial investment people put into this game leaves them with a severely personal attachment to it. If you have ever wondered why the embassies are full of vitriol and just frothing with hatred it is because this is more than just a game to them--it is a financial investment. This alone can scare off new users, or even casual spenders, from the forums because the people left are rooted in and have spent a few grand on this game over the last few years.

    I have spoken before about how the 'pay to win' system of this game is actually it's own biggest downfall, with people eventually getting fed up with paying so much or just realizing the repetitive nature of the game, and the forums are a reflection of that. Most people who first come here will join their embassy first then eventually find their way to the GC.

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toucan View Post
    You were part of the problem.
    I'll take that to mean that I no longer am.

  32. #32

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    I've voted. Have you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  33. #33

  34. #34
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I've voted. Have you?
    What? Where?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  35. #35

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    You vote via PM to Slippery. I'd done it a week ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  36. #36
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    I don't even remember what the categories are.....

    Edit: Found 'em.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  37. #37

  38. #38

    Default

    Still time to vote. I need votes!!!! So much so I double posted lol

  39. #39

    Woden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    Still time to vote. I need votes!!!! So much so I double posted lol

  40. #40
    Philosopher Ronnie9752's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    I'll take that to mean that I no longer am.
    When you're half of the posts of the forum it can't be a problem

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •