Thread: Players I admire most - my personal hall of fame.

Default Players I admire most - my personal hall of fame.

This post is in response to Cisalpine challenge, to make 26 posts in 24 hours.
    As stupid as it obviously sounds, I decided to use it to pay tribute to all those Travian players who made me who I am now.

Please excuse me my poor English and grammar errors.

We started together in 2012 on us8. He was this bigger, smarter, stronger big brother, who figured out the game much faster than I did, and who was always looking after me.
    Yeah, high IQ shows in this game. He just nailed this game from the start.

Cyclops

He was this old, grumpy cat, playing this game longer that anyone remembers. He was a professional soccer player. Always in pain. Always unhappy. I accidently settled my 15c75% next to him, and after that I knew that my life on that server would be short and painful.
    But he let me live.
    Now, that I think of it, I am guessing, he was just waiting for me to build up villages and so that he could chief them.

Lefthanded was a Dutch player who settled his 9c100% next to my spawn and became top 10 raider.
    He was able to build 120k army on that 9c which shows that 9c are good for something. Sometimes.
    Very aggressive strategic thinker, playing this game for many years.

He thaught me that if someone attacks me, I always have to attack back. ALWAYS.

I do not think he understood, that NORMAL human beings under attack are terrified, and attacking back is the last thing on their minds, lol.

I miss him.

Are you sleeping yet? No? Ok here comes more.

Bugzy is one of those players I would rather never mention, but in all fairness - he is the one I learnt from most.

Even now, right before artifacts, when I think about the best strategy, suddenly I recall what Bugzy said many years ago - the best way to conquer an arti is to let someone else attack Natars, let Natars kill his hammer and then attack that players arti villa, before sufficient reins arrive.

Let's face it, real arti holders have rarely as many def troops as Natars. Even if it's a valuable large arti. Small arti would not be defended anyways.

LordDeath

I have learnt from LordDeath to never trust alliance leadership, as they will stab me in the back and leave for dead at the first opportunity.

Dollface was the account. He reached out to me and offered help when nobody else cared. We played on his account together, and built a big army. That was fun! He was a good dude.

That's one of the reasons why I always reach out to other, usually smaller players being "exterminated". It is a war game, but even a war game has its limits.

Yeah, I know I am boring. But at least, on topic.

To be continued... Have to go and do some work.
    Last edited by Mod Cré Spéir; 04-01-2016 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Mulit-posting

That's one good post! Unfortunately forum rules would only count that as one post. Depending on who's working, they may or may not combine them.

I'm so excited you picked up the gauntlet! Now admit it.....wasn't that fun and challenging? Now that I've posted, your next one will count towards the total. Maybe then you'll understand why some of us banter, trying to encourage posting from other players. Let's hope your post is engaging enough to bring MORE posters to the forum! If not, you'll understand the impossibility of making 26 meaningful posts, and why complaining about "worthless" posts only serve to make you look and sound like a pious ***. Hopefully one day you'll be thanking us for teaching you how to forum better!

I think it's awesome how you can remember players that influenced you. Unfortunately, I've played for so long there's no humanly possible way for me to do that....there are way too many awesome players I've worked with over the years. I'm betting they all know who they are though.......

All in good fun!

*Guffaws at the very idea of meaningful posts on today's .us Travian forums*.

Please.... do carry on. I just thought I'd have a wee look in.

You KNOW anything I post is meaningful! How could you say such a thing? I might have to sic the COL (s) on you!

But yeah......

Aunt Emma

Good old auntie Emma (TanteEmma account) had 6 villas at the end of the server. She chiefed 5 of them!

But that's not why I mention her. I was sittin for my good buddy, Walter White, who was under attack from another ally. Suddenly TanteEmma launched her cata attacks against my buddy. 5-6 fakes and one real. 6-7 random feeders targeted. She had 3 villas total and Walter White 28 or so.
    Her hammer was 2k infantry, Walter White had 67k infantry and 9k cavalry. See the difference?

It took me over a week to finally ambush her pathetic hammer with my def troops. Piece of cake. I had like 80k of it. Minor scratch. After that Walter White decided it was time to cata poor Auntie Emma cap with all his army - 67k swords and 9k infantry.

TanteEmma, an offensive player, killed it all.

Sweet Jesus, Mary Mother of God!!!

TanteEmma was the most cunning player I met in this game and nothing short of genius.

Moral of the story - NEVER, EVER ATTACK PLAYER WITH MUCH LOWER POPULATION. Villeage defense bonus will wipe you out!

Kramnik

I played against Kramnik most of the server, before he joined my ally towards the end. Before that happen, Him, Walter White and one more dude launched like 30-40 fakes against a couple of our players close to him. One was a top 10 raider and arti holder. They also had very valuable 15c nearby. It is very difficult to defend, if someone does not know, what the attacker is looking for. The arti? The cropper? Chief the non-cap hammer?

Normally, chieffing a villa from an active, semi- experienced player is almost impossible. But not for Kramnik and his crew.
    3 chief hammers, 9 Chiefs total, all landing same second.
    Poof, villa is gone.

And how I supposed to defend that, even if I have enough troops?
    Last edited by Mod Cré Spéir; 04-01-2016 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Multi-posting

Do you keep a Travian diary?

I smash you!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Just because I tell you something, doesn't make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post

Does this mean you're not being entertained?

Default Heisenberg

Heisenberg was #1 raider, Engelchen #3, together with 3 other players, they create an ally. I was one of those 3 misfits. Eventually they merged with another small group of aggressive players and created JAGERMEISTER.

They had 3-4 top 10 raiders and like 15 top-raider-wannabe. Plus 3-4 large defenders. Around 20 total.
    They were beating war drums and sending attack targets for each player TWICE a week. I got my whole, 100k+ army destroyed or almost destroyed (90%) twice. And I rebuilt twice.
    JAGERMEISTER terrorized the neighborhood and forced 2 wing meta to become a defensive support wings for JAGERMEISTER. Holy crap, 120 players want to defend 20 evil hammers. Who plays like that?

After JAGERMEISTER players deleted, in protest to one of MH decision, I was one of 2-3 who stayed. It was a German server, where NO decent ally will let you in, unless you are "exceptional".

At the start of the server nobody wanted me.
    After the JAGERMEISTER deleted, everybody wanted me.
    I was the "legendary, evil JAGERMEISTER".

Someone please chief his cap.

Quote Originally Posted by CatManDo View Post
    LordDeath

stubb me in the back and leave for dead at the first opportunity.
    I would hate to stubb someone in the back. I might stubb my finger and be unable to call you out on your grammatical errors. I don't think you have a strong basis to call me out like that but all in good fun.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S2R7 ~ MaTaJuAnEs - Loss! / S2R8 ~ iIRiTAtOr
    S3R8 ~ LordDeath - Win! / S3R9 ~ LordDeath
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!
    S19R1 ~ Goosebumps - Win! / S19R2 ~ Hulk - Win!
    Travian Tourny Qualifier ~ Ganja Gang

Quote Originally Posted by Spider01 View Post
    And just to be clear, I don't care how many servers you delete on. It's just not that important to me anymore.

Bugzy is one of those players I would rather never mention, but in all fairness - he is the one I learnt from most.

Even now, right before artifacts, when I think about the best strategy, suddenly I recall what Bugzy said many years ago - the best way to conquer an arti is to let someone else attack Natars, let Natars kill his hammer and then attack that players arti villa, before sufficient reins arrive.

Let's face it, real arti holders have rarely as many def troops as Natars. Even if it's a valuable large arti. Small arti would not be defended anyways.
    I think it was silly to mention me. The people trolling you know more about me than you do.

I do not know what the best strategy is, that is certainly one.
    Natars don't kill hammers anymore. I have seen raiding parties clear smalls for years.
    Arti holders are super stacked. Way more than Natar defenses.
    Small artis dodge.

This Bugzy guy sounds like a real idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    The people trolling you know more about me than you do.
    True, but pretty sure I recognise something....

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Now that I've posted, your next one will count towards the total.
    I think there is more than one reply to my dumb posts and the 24 hours of your "challenge" isn't over yet.

Alexander d'Gr8

So I was a happy anvil on a tournament server, playing for a meta I despised, but had no other options, when I came accross Alexander d'Gr8. He was the dude who just conquered WW next to me. Top 10 player by population (53 villas, I had 37), top 10 raider, playing solo almost all the time.

So I looked at his WW, then his cluster, like 200 fields away, than back at his WW and I realized, the dude was insane. His ego had to be so huge, that it crushed the rest of common sense he might have left.

Who builds WW solo, 200 fields from the cluster?!? No matter how "Gr8" the dude thinks he is, his merchants supplying WW will travel at the same speed as anybody else's on the server. That was crazy.

So of course I messaged him, and asked if he needed any help, cuz I had 350k anvil and 70k hammer available nearby.

He had 3 hammers in his account, main with 550k troops, and two little ones with 70-80k. He also had 2 personal defenders, with slightly bigger anvils than mine. 1.2 mln total personal defense.
    But the really interesting thing was how he run his account. He had hundreds of data statistics from his account written in his notepad. He updated it weekly. He had to be comparing actual data to what his mathematical model was indicating. Just like Terminator. His account was so advanced, that I felt like mine account was in the Stone Age.

We build WW to Lv 65 and no, we did not win the server.
    But it was worth it. Not every day I get a chance to play with peeps who are totally insane.
    People who think they are so great they can defeat the game.
    Last edited by Mod Cré Spéir; 04-01-2016 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Multi-posting

I think there is more than one reply to my dumb posts and the 24 hours of your "challenge" isn't over yet.
    Cis can you challenge him to jump off of something tall next?

Right after you. It will be best for everybody.
    Please, stop reading my posts.
    Last edited by CatManDo; 03-31-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Please, stop reading my posts.
    I thought all posts were mine, as I own the forum.

No I look things up in Archieve GT and build a story around it. All numbers i mention, are just my best guess.

Does this mean you're not being entertained?
    No, I am bored to death.
    Last edited by Mod Cré Spéir; 04-01-2016 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Multi-posting

LOL. But tell me, when was the last time the us2 forums have been so active lately?

Shine

SW leader on this server. He named his villas "Stalwart" and "Strenght". Pretty good depiction of his personality, based on limited interactions we had. I would suggest naming his other villas "Stubborn" and "Seldom-online" to make the picture complete.

The reason he is mentioned here is because of alliance he created. SW quad is more disorganized than any other quad, IMO. Yet, Shine was able to create "oasis of stability" in this mess. I tend to give people more credit than they have sometimes earned, but I do not think this is the case here.
    After GW Titanic sunk, he let in all ex- GW he could, and made NAP with the rest (SGW ally). I do not think NAP with SGW was a strategically smart move. But it was "morally" right thing to do. And he did it.

I can be critical of many decisions he made, but I believe some of his actions are remarkable and worth mentioning here.

LOL. But tell me, when was the last time the us2 forums have been so active lately?
    Despite some insulting responses here, I almost believe it is worth the pain.
    Last edited by Mod Cré Spéir; 04-01-2016 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Multi-posting

Despite some insulting responses here, I almost believe it is worth the pain.
    NOW you get it!!!! ;0). A little bit of trolling, some strife....post and they will come. But you see, it's the trolls and their silly banter that brings them out. Now the wonderful mods have things to keep them occupied! You have to face it, except for battle reports, only fussing and fighting will keep the forums active. And if I take the time to come out of retirement to play, I damn well want the forums going. I didn't know LD had ALREADY quit, or I wouldn't have asked him for farms. By the way....what alliance are you in?

YUMMY

Since on this server I am located between Rock (SW) and Hard Place (Lunatiks) I decided to look for third option. That's when YUMMY came around.

YUMMY is like that hot chick that is the total package. Friends with everybody who is somebody in the quad, almost 50k troops hot after 2 months of playing, and pursuing a noble quest of proving that SW quad are not all farms (let's be honest, we are all farms).
    So she assembled a team of 8 players with decent troop counts and sense of humor.
    What I like most about it is that there is no freaky leadership, that would tell me how to play my game. There is no structure, no rules, nothing. But there is lots of goofing around going on.
    Let's face it - I play this game to relax. Not to be lectured, scalded, insulted, left for dead. And so on.

Someone may say, this type of alliance is bad for the server, as we let in only experienced players with high troop counts. How snobbish! Where all the noobs supposed to learn the trade if we do not let them in?

I do not recall any noob that would have learnt something, simply by being a member of a good ally. They enjoy the protection they get from a strong ally tag, and continue playing same way as always.

I focus on my 20x20 only. Many inactive. Many semi-active aka future farms. However, there are 3 small accounts that I found "interesting". They settled good croppers. They crannied up. Some of them raid!

So I reached out to them and told them, that if they need anything, they can count on me.
    If I help personally three little squirrels around me become strong players, it will be worth the effort.

Yes, I know. My little ally of 8 fails LD test of "Who's got what it takes". We have got nothing.
    But I still enjoy being a part of it!

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    I would hate to stubb someone in the back. I might stubb my finger and be unable to call you out on your grammatical errors. I don't think you have a strong basis to call me out like that but all in good fun.
    I could write a lot about how I trusted you and how you assembled a bunch of bullies and used me as a practice target on us3 few year ago. However, since I am a nice person, I decided to skip all details in my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Someone please chief his cap.
    Go ahead. If you are tired of your troops and playing on this server. I can help you make decision about deleting.
    Last edited by Mod Cré Spéir; 04-01-2016 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Multi-posting

Go ahead. If you are tired of your troops and playing on this server. I can help you make decision about deleting.
    You know you can't chief a capital, right?
    I smash you!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Just because I tell you something, doesn't make it true.

You know you can't chief a capital, right?
    LOL, NO KIDDING...

I think it was silly to mention me.
    I haven't mentioned you.

You are only a shadow of the Bugzy I used to know.
    Last edited by Mod Cré Spéir; 04-01-2016 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Multi-posting

I do not recall any noob that would have learnt something, simply by being a member of a good ally. They enjoy the protection they get from a strong ally tag, and continue playing same way as always.
    I haz a very big sad from this comment. I can not tell you what it means to a "noob" to have an experienced player take the time and effort to help teach them. Not only that, helping noobs keeps the game going. Now....there are some arrogant, self important, vain noobs that never seem to learn or won't listen, but on the whole they have the potential to be a better player than the one that nutured them. Shame on you. You don't even KNOW what truly "elite" players are like.

Hahahaha omg! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bugzy again.

I could write a lot about how I trusted you and how you assembled a bunch of bullies and used me as a practice target on us3 few year ago. However, since I am a nice person, I decided to skip all details in my original post.
    Hold onto the past much? Quick sucking your thumb it will make your teeth crooked. I was no saint that round of us3 but I admit it and embrace it. I am a new player and leader since then so if you have juicy trollable facts please share! I know the bridge trolls would love to tease me about something new!
    Last edited by LordDeath; 03-31-2016 at 06:45 PM.
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!

And just to be clear, I don't care how many servers you delete on. It's just not that important to me anymore.

I haven't mentioned you.

You are only a shadow of the Bugzy I used to know.
    Anybody that knows me knows that I do not claim to be any good at this game. I never did.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    Hold onto the past much? Quick sucking your thumb it will make your teeth crooked. I was no saint that round of us3 but I admit it and embrace it. I am a new player and leader since then so if you have juicy trollable facts please share! I know the bridge trolls would love to tease me about something new!
    LD is a saint!!

Anybody that knows me knows that I do not claim to be any good at this game. I never did.
    This is true and a damn shame. Bugzy is a travian beast but way too humble. He should dual with Erik again

Haha..Like this thread alot..Not playing your server though..but I was curious to see who was everyones pet in here..And like all threads here on US forum it ends up in dirt and mudd.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Haha..Like this thread alot..Not playing your server though..but I was curious to see who was everyones pet in here..And like all threads here on US forum it ends up in dirt and mudd.
    Sometimes instead of dirt and mud it is tacos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Ronnie was right

This is actually quite an awesome thread. I could write one like this....if I could remember names.
    S5R7(AE) - Pink Panther/JOY
    USxR24 - fireball/DKR

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    LD is a saint!!
    I said the same thing. If two of us have said it I think that makes it true.

LD is a saint!!
    Did he delete yet?

This is true and a damn shame. Bugzy is a travian beast but way too humble. He should dual with Erik again
    Not playing. Won't play. I just popped on here to see what it was someone was so happy about.

Bugzy likes splatting too much to play properly.

LD is a saint!!
    Bae <3
    S1R8 ~ Kal El - Win!
    S5R8 ~ LordDeath - Win!