Thread: Game Changing Update

Default Game Changing Update

So what do you think about this new update ?

Unless it suddenly brings a batch of new players I doubt it would have much effect on me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kyrill View Post
    So what do you think about this new update ?
    OMG... It's awesome!!!

what update?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

"Hi everyone,

Some news about recent new features in Scattered Empire. We have some details about the cauldron and the new feature to relocate and forward troops.

Due to the feedback from the community the cauldron will not be rolled out on regular servers or new scenario's. Player in general did not like it and did not consider it a positive effect.

The relocating and forwarding of troops was very much liked by the players and therefore these two features will be implemented on normal servers starting from May.

Your feedback is very valuable to improve the gameplay and make adjustments. Read the full article here.

Kind regards,
    Your Travian: Legends Team"

Looks kind of crazy to me... so we can build off troops everywhere then switch the village they attack out of?
    O_O
    Changes the game no?

Edit: is it only in scattered empire?

"therefore these two features will be implemented on normal servers starting from May"
    Last edited by Battle; 04-27-2016 at 06:11 PM. Reason: I'm a NUB

Game play will be drastically effected and will likely cause more players to leave. The more Travian takes away the need to strategize and the need for long range planning the more the players who initially came to play and love the game because it required long range planning and stick-to-it-ness will leave. Will they attract enough new gold buyers who will spend a few weeks playing intensely and then leave when they are bored with it remains to be seen.

PS On a personal level, I doubt Travian really had rank and file members trying out these features, it most likely was a pool of selected staff members who used to play and Travian was looking for the features that would sell the most gold, not the features that improved game play.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

The country with the world's longest official name

What's to stop people putting all of their troops into one hammer?

I never popped back in b/c I figured someone would of corrected me but I'm pretty sure it was all normal scattered empire b/c they do X2 speed of SE?

I hope anywho

These were the features that were tested on dozens of Scattered Empires servers. They are now rolling them out to the other servers. This is not the crazy gold features from the cauldron (buy resources, buy troops, etc). The troop integration feature can use some gold but in my experience most people did not.
    Troop forwarding is a defensive coordinator's dream. Once you get defense to the target area, it can easily move around between villages. It's much easier to catch hammers. Integrating offensive troops from multiple villages is really just the offensive counter balance to that. Travian has always moved towards faster build times, this is just another step.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Customer Service Team Dark Tower's Avatar

Moved thread from Talk & Play section, as that area is not Travian related.