Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Huggly alliances

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    The group I play with is what keeps me coming back. I'm pretty terrible at this game anyways.
    That would be the other part. I've made some really good friends here and I like playing with them.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Know anyone who can teach me?

I have bad luck being a hammer, lol. So far I'm just keeping phalanx and TTs qued nonstop (to farm with).
    I told you. Flower and Meherrin

Has any one else noticed TRA is trying to sell Tupperware in-game?

On the topic of huggling alliances, I heard a rumor that S.W.A.T., TRA, and Easy are actually ALL intending to work together come midgame. What is up with this server?

Mind you, I dont expect it to last with Easy having members in all four quads and none of the alliances following their entry requirements for members, but still. Have they no shame? Anyone else hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Has anything changed in the profile?/Do you have a screenshot?
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

Has anything changed in the profile?
    Yes it has. The right side used to have a link to buy his Tupperware. I guess we know that they read the forums after all.

Yes it has. The right side used to have a link to buy his Tupperware. I guess we know that they read the forums after all.
    I can confirm the tupperware link. It was like /mcrawlings71 but I cant remember the URL.

I can confirm the tupperware link. It was like /mcrawlings71 but I cant remember the URL.

I saw it too..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    I saw it too..
    Did you guys follow the link? I remembered it but did not want to blow up the guy's spot... lol.

Lmaaoo, when your leader is trying to make a living from his travian profile it's time to leave the alliance..
    S1-R7: Kizmet ~ Care - #1 Attacker (Terse is a b***h)
    S2-R6: Symphony ~ FEAR - WW 75 to 0 http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2351573f0f7
    S1: Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    You're actually in an alliance, that right there means I know what huggling is

Im determined not to make it predetermined!

Also, stick around. You're taking everything too seriously.
    I thank you for that. I guess I was taking this game very seriously. Admittedly, I felt really down when those large alliances rejected me. Though, I guess I shouldn't say large alliances, that was their complaint afterall, they're small locally sourced alliances. Well, I'm shuckin and jivin trying to avoid the constant raids, but the settlers are on their way for villa 2, fingers crossed for a brighter tomorrow.

I thank you for that. I guess I was taking this game very seriously. Admittedly, I felt really down when those large alliances rejected me. Though, I guess I shouldn't say large alliances, that was their complaint afterall, they're small locally sourced alliances. Well, I'm shuckin and jivin trying to avoid the constant raids, but the settlers are on their way for villa 2, fingers crossed for a brighter tomorrow.
    Good for you, bud. Now beat 'em to village 3 and they may reconsider!

When you are dealing with an alliance formed of people who have often played together, you need to realise that they are likely going to want to get their core members sorted out and a general strategy developed first before they look around to recruit people they don't know. If you develop a good account, it's highly likely that an alliance in your area will be interested in you once things get going. Right now, there's really not a lot happening. Minor skirmishes, etc. by the time artefacts are looming, attitudes toward recruiting will change.

Also, attitude is important. Many of us are veteran players on this server. We've seen many players come and go, and have found that words are not always a good indicator of ability.

In all sincerity, I do hope you have a good game that satisfies your ideas of what the game should be like.
    Last edited by Meherrin; 09-07-2016 at 07:07 PM.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Lmaaoo, when your leader is trying to make a living from his travian profile it's time to leave the alliance..
    Yeah probably. BIGDOG I know you're reading this buddy. You're a good guy. I mean I am going to nuke your cap due to your loyalty to JD but you're more or less alright in my book. Seriously... sorry for calling you out. I just couldn't resist sharing.

but the settlers are on their way for villa 2
    All that trash talk and you weren't even to V2 yet? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    If you develop a good account, it's highly likely that an alliance in your area will be interested in you once things get going.
    I agree. This is a long game and slow methodical accounts outlast the flash in the pan.

Splash in the pants.
    Fix'd that fer ya..lol

That's how I run my accounts anyway..lol
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Why didn't I think of this for my Jamberry nails?!?!?!??!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Why didn't I think of this for my Jamberry nails?!?!?!??!?
    Probably too busy dealing with the players in your alliance violating a confed I hope..
    S2-R6: Symphony ~ FEAR - WW 75 to 0 http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2351573f0f7

Probably too busy dealing with the players in your alliance violating a confed I hope..
    What's a confed?

Senator

Something that makes people feel they have the right to ***** and moan when they are too slow on the draw grabbing an oasis for their cap.
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

[6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide

Quote Originally Posted by Old MacDonald View Post
    Something that makes people feel they have the right to ***** and moan when they are too slow on the draw grabbing an oasis for their cap.
    Orly?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Why would I be dealing with something like that? I'm in a 2 player alliance and MY alliance doesn't have this issue. Besides which, I would think grown adults could work that out amongst themseves

Why would I be dealing with something like that? I'm in a 2 player alliance and MY alliance doesn't have this issue. Besides which, I would think grown adults could work that out amongst themseves
    You'd think so, wouldn't you

You'd think so, wouldn't you
    Yeah well, if the ACTUAL two players discussed it, maybe it would. Sometimes though, people react without tact and diplomacy and the next thing you know....boom! All blown up out of proportion. Also, like I said, not everyone is aware of what's going on around them. That's why I'm glad I only have 2 cranky old men to deal with!

Yeah well, if the ACTUAL two players discussed it, maybe it would. Sometimes though, people react without tact and diplomacy and the next thing you know....boom! All blown up out of proportion. Also, like I said, not everyone is aware of what's going on around them. That's why I'm glad I only have 2 cranky old men to deal with!
    Why is the assumption that they didn't discuss it?

Why is the assumption that they didn't discuss it?
    because nobody tells anybody jack ****

I disagree. This might possibly be the most discussed 15c 50% in the history of Travian.

Quote Originally Posted by Old MacDonald View Post
    Oh, ok then by that thought process, an anvil should have no right to ***** and moan when the hammer takes the oasis from her.. Glad we got that settled..

Yeah well, if the ACTUAL two players discussed it, maybe it would. Sometimes though, people react without tact and diplomacy and the next thing you know....boom! All blown up out of proportion!

Sometimes they do talk about it, but it goes no where, so someone steps in to try to sort it before "Boom".. But when that fails too, then yeah..."boom"..

If allies can settle next to each other and sim up HMs to 10 with the sole purpose of stealing that oasis from their ally, I guess no one will have any objections when we start rolling cats. Fortune so many of us are close, right Greg?
    Last edited by Mozart; 09-09-2016 at 07:34 AM.

because nobody tells anybody jack ****
    I disagree. This might possibly be the most discussed 15c 50% in the history of Travian.
    NOW it is. After the fact.

If allies can settle next to each other and sim up HMs to 10 with the sole purpose of stealing that oasis from their ally, I guess no one will have any objections when we start rolling cats. Fortune so many of us are close, right Greg?
    I got dragged in, if not screaming, then kicking. I made my thoughts/position perfectly clear, even if I didn't voice ALL my opinions. In the long run, what I think has no affect on the outcome. I still maintain that this is what happens when people don't know poop. You gotta know poop to know when avoid it, because if you don't, and that poop gets stepped in, then said poop gets spread all over until everyone is covered in it. I myself, don't like the smell of poop and avoid it at all costs. Now look what's happened! We ALL have poop on us! Now we just have to see which side the turd rolls. I personally am not saying anything else on the matter currently because I don't want a mouthful of it (poop that is)
    Last edited by Cisalpine; 09-09-2016 at 12:19 PM.

All that trash talk and you weren't even to V2 yet? Wow.

My stupid settlers kept dying on raids. It's alright, now. Got the spot I wanted. Sweet 150% 7C.

Not sure if kidding or......

Not sure if kidding or......
    What would I be kidding about? It takes much patience to find a 7c with that type of bonus, they just don't hand it to you with their gold tools.

Got the spot I wanted. Sweet 150% 7C.
    You're going to fit right in with TRA. Message Bigdog for both your sit check and Tupperware needs.

You're going to fit right in with TRA. Message Bigdog for both your sit check and Tupperware needs.
    I've used Rubbermaid products, I hope that isn't a conflict of interest. I am curious to know what alliances you're all from, since I've been rejected by each quad so far?

I just want constructive feedback on what I need to do to improve. It feels kind of bad when you apply to an alliance, they sit check you, reject you, and then constantly raid 24/7. It's been very tough but I got through it. Thank god they upped the cranny amounts many moons ago.

I just want constructive feedback on what I need to do to improve.
    Don't settle a 7C as your capital.
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

Don't settle a 7C as your capital.
    For the moment it looks like I can't because I went with a palace instead of a residence on my first village. What's wrong with going with a 7C capital? It has a high bonus.

For the moment it looks like I can't because I went with a palace instead of a residence on my first village. What's wrong with going with a 7C capital? It has a high bonus.
    There are villages with 9 wheat fields and 15 wheat fields that will provide much more wheat per hour than a 7c, even with 150% bonus.

There are villages with 9 wheat fields and 15 wheat fields that will provide much more wheat per hour than a 7c, even with 150% bonus.
    Well, the 7c isn't set as the capital yet. I don't know why, I saw when I started my village was listed as a capital and it said to place your palace in the capital. It made sense. I guess I should search for a 9c or a 15c then?

Yes. I will pm you in a few minutes. Let me get a fresh pot of coffee