Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 253

Thread: Huggly alliances

  1. #1
    Merchant Mozart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,298

    Default Huggly alliances

    Because during the forums hacking my thread got deleted... the ****

    Back on topic, during the forums downtime period there's been no real change, Tra and easy still suck.
    S1-R7: Kizmet ~ Care - #1 Attacker (Terse is a b***h)
    S2-R6: Symphony ~ FEAR - WW 75 to 0 http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2351573f0f7
    S1: Al Bundy

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    You're actually in an alliance, that right there means I know what huggling is

  2. #2
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    None of them even abide by their own requirements. I dont get it.

    Also, I noticed there is literally only 1000 people on the server badically. Crazy how the game has changed.

  3. #3

    Default

    There was so much good stuff that was posted as well! Where did we leave off?
    • Half of TRA have lost seven consecutive servers
    • Easy is allying 75% of the server against TRA
    • TRA posts confederate flags and racist stuff in Skype

    Anything I'm missing?
    Also the forums being down? Suspicious.


  4. #4
    Senator Cisalpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sunshine state
    Posts
    3,483

    Default

    I believe they took the opportunity to "clean up" the forums. There are a LOT of missing threads.

    I don't agree with racist comments, but being a Southern girl my whole life, I see nothing wrong with the flags. They are after all, calling themselves The Rebel Alliance. Not everyone who owns, dsplays or posts the Rebel flag racist.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    I believe they took the opportunity to "clean up" the forums. There are a LOT of missing threads.

    I don't agree with racist comments, but being a Southern girl my whole life, I see nothing wrong with the flags. They are after all, calling themselves The Rebel Alliance. Not everyone who owns, dsplays or posts the Rebel flag racist.
    The database was rolled back by a week so all the threads made since 25th August were lost.

    Sorry to burst the conspiracy theory bubble but no posts were deleated for displaying flags or any other reason other than the fact they were made after the chosen backup was made

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    They are after all, calling themselves The Rebel Alliance.
    That's because I use a lot of Star Wars metaphors and favor the empire. JD and Bigdog imagine themselves as Luke and Leia and they're currently searching for my Death Star.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Not everyone who owns, dsplays or posts the Rebel flag racist.
    Only 90%. But I'm in the north.

    Quote Originally Posted by m.hudson View Post
    Sorry to burst the conspiracy theory bubble
    I don't think that's what she meant. Although there are some flat earthers on this server.
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 09-03-2016 at 03:01 AM.

  7. #7

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m.hudson View Post
    The database was rolled back by a week so all the threads made since 25th August were lost.

    Sorry to burst the conspiracy theory bubble but no posts were deleated for displaying flags or any other reason other than the fact they were made after the chosen backup was made
    You may not have done so, but a number of us have been around for years, both here and on the .com forums. You clearly have never been a forum which phantiss controlled. He would and did in the past clear up inconvenient matters when a rollback was made, so pardon us for being suspicious.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    That's because I use a lot of Star Wars metaphors and favor the empire. They imagine themselves as JD and Bigdog imagine themselves as Luke and Leia and they're currently searching for my Death Star.
    Is this an innuendo?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Is this an innuendo?
    Of course not.

    Last edited by Lord Bane; 09-03-2016 at 01:43 AM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Luke and Leia and they're currently searching for my Death Star.

  11. #11
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Is this an innuendo?
    This is:


  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Is this an innuendo?
    The incestuous twins in league with slavers might have been but the search for my death star war was not.

    Moving on...

    I had hope for this round. TRA is finally active on the auction block and buying CP helmets for once (they once told me those were for Noobs) and their total population is almost twice that of EASY and SWAT. Yet EASY and SWAT are each leading TRA in attack points, defending points and raiding.

  13. #13
    Senator Cisalpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sunshine state
    Posts
    3,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m.hudson View Post
    The database was rolled back by a week so all the threads made since 25th August were lost.

    Sorry to burst the conspiracy theory bubble but no posts were deleated for displaying flags or any other reason other than the fact they were made after the chosen backup was made
    Does this include pm's as well? Because I'm missing some of those as well.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Does this include pm's as well? Because I'm missing some of those as well.
    It does. That's the most frustrating thing about all of this. But it is what it is.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Does this include pm's as well? Because I'm missing some of those as well.
    Lucky you, you're only missing pm's and posts.. I'm missing a whole account..lol

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Lucky you, you're only missing pm's and posts.. I'm missing a whole account..lol
    I await your response to my PM. Once you have responded we can start security checks and get your old account back for you.
    The security process can be slow especially as its a weekend and HQ is closed but we will get it back for you

  17. #17
    Senator Cisalpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sunshine state
    Posts
    3,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Lucky you, you're only missing pm's and posts.. I'm missing a whole account..lol
    Sorry.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m.hudson View Post
    I await your response to my PM. Once you have responded we can start security checks and get your old account back for you.
    The security process can be slow especially as its a weekend and HQ is closed but we will get it back for you
    I responded in email as you asked already, but I will say this... you do seem to be on top of things thus far..!

    *Edit..
    Seems my email to you got caught in the spam filter.. I clicked the link so should be on it's way to you now..
    Last edited by odinloki; 09-03-2016 at 04:44 PM.

  19. #19

    Default

    Lost mine too. Was told on the temporary forum I should just make a new. So I did.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Also, I noticed there is literally only 1000 people on the server badically. Crazy how the game has changed.
    I don't think you can count there being any where near 1,000. I'd say 100. Maybe 200 tops if we're generous.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    I responded in email as you asked already, but I will say this... you do seem to be on top of things thus far..!

    *Edit..
    Seems my email to you got caught in the spam filter.. I clicked the link so should be on it's way to you now..
    It still doesnt seem to have reached me. might be trapped in the anti spam system for 24 hours

    Quote Originally Posted by mj°lnir2 View Post
    Lost mine too. Was told on the temporary forum I should just make a new. So I did.
    I have PM'd you with instructions on the recovery process

  22. #22
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    I don't think you can count there being any where near 1,000. I'd say 100. Maybe 200 tops if we're generous.
    This server would be perfect for letting the natar WW hit 100 before any other WW on the server. All it would take is 30-60 players committed to the goal most likely.

    And, I cede your point. Registered is of course no real measure of how many players will stick around.

  23. #23

    Default

    It might not even take that. Check out the top five alliances:
    1. TRA.: 58/436/25261
    2. Easy.: 44/387/17045
    3. S.W.A.T.: 39/403/15703
    4. Easy SE.: 26/367/9538
    5. *CBP*: 18/442/7957

    Depending upon how many accounts we lose and how many accounts get crushed in combat there might not be enough to finish.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    currently searching for my Death Star..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  25. #25
    Senator
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    "...and the rebels will pay for it.
    I hear they've already asked for the alliance wide push to get it built.
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

    s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

    [6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old MacDonald View Post
    I hear they've already asked for the alliance wide push to get it built.

    OMG I LOST IT. I love you guys. I'm glad we're all here.

  27. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    This server would be perfect for letting the natar WW hit 100 before any other WW on the server. All it would take is 30-60 players committed to the goal most likely.

    And, I cede your point. Registered is of course no real measure of how many players will stick around.
    That's already been done on this server.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    I love you guys.
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  29. #29

    Default

    Not to beat a dead horse but I really couldn't help but notice TRAs alliance page has four defensive coordinators.

    Isn't that a bit much?!

  30. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse but I really couldn't help but notice TRAs alliance page has four defensive coordinators.

    Isn't that a bit much?!
    ....and one O coord.. lol The good thing is they post right on their alliance page who to fake non stop when running an op..lol
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  31. #31
    Senator
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Your Head
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    And we know where all the defense will be going, too.
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

    s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

    [6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide

  32. #32
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    That's already been done on this server.
    Was it us1? I know they had done it, didnt know it was here.

    My overall point though was that when they did it there were likely more active players than there would be if it was done now!

  33. #33

    Default

    Figured I'd give this another shot. Spawned in the same random quadrant that I seem to do each round. Guess there's a reason this **** quad is the set default to go into. Granted, looking around, it's the same thing all around. What's the point?

    I hear this same huggly bull **** on every server. You're all the same people. You try to pretend you're strong and awesome, but yet you end up in the same old groups round after round. I can't speak to this other than calling you all out as weak. I just see the same repeating pattern. Try something new.
    Last edited by Mod CrÚ SpÚir; 09-04-2016 at 02:57 PM. Reason: double postin

  34. #34
    Merchant Mozart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    I hear this same huggly bull **** on every server. You're all the same people. You try to pretend you're strong and awesome, but yet you end up in the same old groups round after round. I can't speak to this other than calling you all out as weak. I just see the same repeating pattern. Try something new.
    Calling us weak because we're in a team that's 1/4 the size of the other huggling alliances? Interesting, and congrats, you're the first forum noob to say something dumb as **** this round
    S1-R7: Kizmet ~ Care - #1 Attacker (Terse is a b***h)
    S2-R6: Symphony ~ FEAR - WW 75 to 0 http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2351573f0f7
    S1: Al Bundy

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    You're actually in an alliance, that right there means I know what huggling is

  35. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Calling us weak because we're in a team that's 1/4 the size of the other huggling alliances? Interesting, and congrats, you're the first forum noob to say something dumb as **** this round
    The **** are you talking about? I'm here every other server. I'm not a cat that joins with everyone else. I spawn were I spawn. I don't even know what quad you're in. I'm just sorry that I've tried another round. I'm sure you know who makes up 70% of the server. I don't. All I can say is I'm not a huggler. Though, I know everyone else in these forums are allianced up. So, do what do. Wash, rinse, repeat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Calling us weak because we're in a team that's 1/4 the size of the other huggling alliances? Interesting, and congrats, you're the first forum noob to say something dumb as **** this round
    I guess you could call me a forum noob. That being said, as a Travian vet, that's the type of attitude that has ruined this game. I never cared for the forums, but the forums are a venue to attract people to follow. But the forums are dead, hence we get the same tired uffs, has anyone new joined this game?

    It's nice to meet new people, you shouldn't play with the same old tired cats every round. That being said, enjoy doing your same thing over and over again, I guess.
    Last edited by Mod CrÚ SpÚir; 09-04-2016 at 02:59 PM. Reason: double posting

  36. #36
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    I guess you could call me a forum noob. That being said, as a Travian vet, that's the type of attitude that has ruined this game. I never cared for the forums, but the forums are a venue to attract people to follow. But the forums are dead, hence we get the same tired uffs, has anyone new joined this game?

    It's nice to meet new people, you shouldn't play with the same old tired cats every round. That being said, enjoy doing your same thing over and over again, I guess.
    Tip: Edit a post if you have more to add, dont put two posts next back to back. Also, what quadrant are you in?

  37. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Tip: Edit a post if you have more to add, dont put two posts next back to back. Also, what quadrant are you in?
    If I posted two paragraphs in a row the mouth breathers here would have gotten lost. Better to break them up. That being said, it's easy to figure out where I'm at. At least much easier than me figuring out who anyone is.

  38. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    Figured I'd give this another shot. Spawned in the same random quadrant that I seem to do each round. Guess there's a reason this **** quad is the set default to go into. Granted, looking around, it's the same thing all around. What's the point?
    Correct, it's the same setup as usual. It could be fun to play the game like it was the first time, but several things makes that impossible. There is the comfort zone that makes people go into repeat and there are the alpha types that attract their usual following. Human nature. It can't be avoided. But you can try to make the outcome different.

    I chose to spawn random too - and I also ended up in the usual quad haha.


    Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    I hear this same huggly bull **** on every server. You're all the same people. You try to pretend you're strong and awesome, but yet you end up in the same old groups round after round. I can't speak to this other than calling you all out as weak. I just see the same repeating pattern. Try something new.
    'Huggly' is the same old trolling as usual. The trolls wouldn't want it any other way. Yes, that particular thing is the same as always. But it doesn't work like it used to. For one, the vicious strain of trolling (like **** jokes) have made many leave the forum (and the game unfortunately). The 'huggly' trolling is losing its impact when nobody is around to care about it. Not everything will stay the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    The **** are you talking about? I'm here every other server. I'm not a cat that joins with everyone else. I spawn were I spawn. I don't even know what quad you're in. I'm just sorry that I've tried another round. I'm sure you know who makes up 70% of the server. I don't. All I can say is I'm not a huggler. Though, I know everyone else in these forums are allianced up. So, do what do. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    Fun point there. Indeed, who are really huggling each other here.

  39. #39
    Merchant Mozart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    The **** are you talking about? I'm here every other server. I'm not a cat that joins with everyone else. I spawn were I spawn. I don't even know what quad you're in. I'm just sorry that I've tried another round. I'm sure you know who makes up 70% of the server. I don't. All I can say is I'm not a huggler. Though, I know everyone else in these forums are allianced up. So, do what do. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    Oh my god, we're in alliances with our friends!! that must make us complete noobs right and hugglers right?
    S1-R7: Kizmet ~ Care - #1 Attacker (Terse is a b***h)
    S2-R6: Symphony ~ FEAR - WW 75 to 0 http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2351573f0f7
    S1: Al Bundy

    Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    You're actually in an alliance, that right there means I know what huggling is

  40. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Oh my god, we're in alliances with our friends!! that must make us complete noobs right and hugglers right?
    You're the one that restarted this topic about huggling. Don't act like you don't do it, but with better proficiency, as you start preformed. Nothing wrong with playing with your friends, but as you're the same ones spamming the forums about alliances, what's the point?

    Again, you felt attacked on my post just calling out everyone in general on here for being sheep. I guess you know it's true. Otherwise, why get so defensive about it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •