Thread: [Rise of Alliances] Feedback

Default [Rise of Alliances] Feedback

Hey Folks

So some of you might already have started playing RoE.

What are your first thoughts? What features do you miss from a normal T4.4 server (if any)

Have you any suggestions or ideas that i can feed back to HQ

-New Users-

Default rite on

old school rite on . the only thing I miss is adventures:

So now you have had a day to explore RoA what is your thoughts on the accelerated start. Some people on other domains have complained about over flowing res and the cost of instant building.

I love the accelerated start! In two days, I've been able to do what would take at least two MONTHS normally. It's great to jump in and quickly develop the infrastructure and research/train troops, especially for us Romans who run big resource price tags for everything. Yes, it does require a bit of gold to do the instant builds at first but long term, I think you'll end up spending less gold than in a regular version.

I do miss the adventures though.

It is kind of a pain having to insta build to keep up with income. Maybe start it off with a level 10 warehouse/granary as well. That should help without giving much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

I concur. I think the accelerated start is great, but the panic attack you have when you first get on and realize that your granary/warehouse is L zero...yikes. Even L5 would be better than nothing.
    Other than that, so far so good.
    Last edited by Trigger Finger; 09-23-2016 at 04:45 PM.

Im pretty sure the intention was to give us 50 gold to instabuild the village the way we like it. And I do appreciate the ability to choose where I put my buildings. I've also run enough world wonders to be inured to overflow panic, but I do remember how I used to react.
    One thing I noticed is that when I settled my new villages, I wasn't allowed to ship resources using a link from dorf3. I had to ship using the village name or I got a message about no shipments allowed in BP. Once I did it once though, the links worked fine.

Edit: Regeneration at 10% of T3 values seem exceedingly weak. T4 could get away with weak regen with the addition of damage absorbing armor and ointment, here we don't get those benefits and we get only 2/3 of the max T4 regen (if you spend 100 points). Now T3 regen was probably too powerful, but 1/2 of T3 values would be much more reasonable than 10%
    Last edited by Tineren; 09-23-2016 at 06:04 PM.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Question

For the tast, i facing some problem...

Main building level 5
    Main building level 5
    It's time to upgrade the main building of your second village. Doing so allows the construction of new buildings. Please remember to also take care of your resource production at the same time.
    Task:
    Upgrade the main building of the second village to level 5

the problem is, my first village is lv8, and 2nd, 3rd village is now lv13... do i need to upgrade my main building at 4th village only can complete this task?

Quote Originally Posted by Boudicca1 View Post
    I think you'll end up spending less gold than in a regular version.
    Not with troop forwarding lol

Quote Originally Posted by Boudicca1 View Post
    I do miss the adventures though.
    Agreed, I dig the changes so far except the lack of adventures.. The way I see it the only thing for the hero to do while in BP is set points to resource production and park him in one of the two expansion villages to boost hourly production..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    It is kind of a pain having to insta build to keep up with income. Maybe start it off with a level 10 warehouse/granary as well. That should help without giving much more.
    I approve this ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

thank you all for your feedback. I will send it all to HQ. I know that the start levels of warehouses and granaries has been discussed already with many agreeing that they should be created to a appropriate level when the first village is created.

Raiding is much more satisfying with all the farms having fully upgraded fields. Even if their WH is low lvl, they refill up quickly to be hit again. My troops counts are exploding which is fun. The insta-building was annoying in the beginning, but I feel like it tapered off quickly.
    US1:R3 Alliteration -oNE R10 Twist of Fate -GONE
    US3: R10 Buccaneers - TBN (dual)
    US4: R2 Eris ABT-PANTLESS R3 Fluffy MORON R4 ThePanda MORON R8 Leep
    US5: R2 Susugam - ROBR R3 Twist of Fate - NEWD

Indubitably, my good man, the raiding on this server is simply tremendous.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxCal View Post
    You (should) never wear black socks with Bermuda shorts after Labor Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritterbruder
    I came into these forums a happy go-lucky kid skipping down the street... But the flames have changed me. My once boyish charm has been replaced with contempt for poor posts and my smooth, silky face is scarred from many a propaganda war. The world is a dark place now, and I seek to bring light to this Hell.
    us3r4--Sigma(GOB)
    us3r2--Sigma(AFO)
    us3r3--Sigma(SI)
    us8--Sigma/Woe(TNT)
    "Strength and Honor!"

Yes I concur - not having enough storage space is annoying though as Tineren pointed out it is nice to build where you like so perhaps having the option of where to put a leveled up Warehouse and Granary at the start would be cool!

I think this big villages at the beggining make the raid easier, and take off strategy, in later versions the start strategy was very very important, and now i think that which really import if the time you have at the beggining to send attack, because they are almost all come back full, so you donīt have to fight with your active neighbours to take the resources. Probably, will be a lot of deleted "big" accounts when a great number of catas come to the server because this moment really need alliance and players strategy .