View Poll Results: Is the killing of this man justified?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Justified

    4 30.77%
  • Unjustified

    6 46.15%
  • Haven't decided

    3 23.08%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 193

Thread: North Carolina's outrage

  1. #81

    Default

    How do you have kids? No seriously, I'm interested. Actually, I guess I can see why you only have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Rules of engagement. 'nuff said. Verbal, hand signals, warning shot, shoot to disable, lethal. Follow those rules, these things won't happen. I'll let you two squares continue your circular *****how in piece.

    As for you blazin, you can call me whatever you want cupcake, won't make you any less of an idiot.
    Moron. 'nuff said.

  3. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Moron. 'nuff said.
    Lulzk pox. Let's just let them go out blasting people because they look funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Lulzk pox. Let's just let them go out blasting people because they look funny.
    Better than your "They're not allowed to shoot unless the perp shoots them first" idea.

  5. #85
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    How do you have kids? No seriously, I'm interested. Actually, I guess I can see why you only have one.
    Two kids actually, and I can see why you don't have any, sounds like you don't even understand reproduction let alone understand things you would need your big head for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  6. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Two kids actually, and I can see why you don't have any, sounds like you don't even understand reproduction let alone understand things you would need your big head for.
    Holy **** someone had sex with you more than once?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Better than your "They're not allowed to shoot unless the perp shoots them first" idea.
    You act like every Joe Schmoe out there is a perfect shot and that I said they needed to be actually shot to return fire. Typically if you follow the rules of engagement it won't escalate to the need of a lethal shot and you can shoot to disable with non-lethal rounds. That's my opinion, if you don't like it well then whatever bro
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  7. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    You act like every Joe Schmoe out there is a perfect shot and that I said they needed to be actually shot to return fire.
    You did.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    It's my firm belief that officers shouldn't shoot a live round unless actually fired upon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Typically if you follow the rules of engagement it won't escalate to the need of a lethal shot and you can shoot to disable with non-lethal rounds. That's my opinion, if you don't like it well then whatever bro
    You wanted to over-exaggerate my comment by going into realms of stupid so I showed you how dumb that option truly is. However, I merely just re-quoted you so I still remain intellectually superior.

  8. #88

    Default

    Fired upon not shot. Shot at, not shot. You and blazin reading buddies? Because you both suck at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Fired upon not shot. Shot at, not shot. You and blazin reading buddies? Because you both suck at it.
    Semantics.

  10. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Semantics.
    There's actually a huge difference in the two. You know like, shooting to disable and shooting to kill. One doesn't get you sent to court for manslaughter for being a dummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  11. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    There's actually a huge difference in the two. You know like, shooting to disable and shooting to kill. One doesn't get you sent to court for manslaughter for being a dummy.
    No I was referring to your "cop getting shot before returning fire" vs "cop being shot at before returning fire" when the restriction is that high it's semantics on when the cop can fire back because both ideas are equally moronic.
    As for the "shoot to disable" I'm not going to dignify it beyond these few words.

  12. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    No I was referring to your "cop getting shot before returning fire" vs "cop being shot at before returning fire" when the restriction is that high it's semantics on when the cop can fire back because both ideas are equally moronic.
    As for the "shoot to disable" I'm not going to dignify it beyond these few words.
    Again, you can shoot to disable with a non-lethal round, which oddly enough wouldn't require anyone shooting at you to use, because, you know, it's non-lethal. It's cool though, we'll just keep playing shoot-em-up until **** really pops off... Oh wait
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  13. #93
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Well MB, at least twice, which at the very least is two more times then you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  14. #94
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Also, fired upon first could easily equate to shot first. Get your head out of your ***, you need some fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  15. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Pox, what is your opinion on his sig, honestly.
    Now that he's not coming up with anything worth debating I guess I'll reply to this. It is dumb.

  16. #96
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Now that he's not coming up with anything worth debating I guess I'll reply to this. It is dumb.
    He was done ages ago. Think I need to siggy my last post. That would look sweet don't you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  17. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    He was done ages ago. Think I need to siggy my last post. That would look sweet don't you think?
    Totally. Siggying yourself is the new meta!

  18. #98
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    [QUOTE=5m4llP0X;2779631]

    Holy ****, check that siggy origin! Baron D got him lmao, trolled JDJ into thinking it was cool. I now love your siggy JDJ, don't ever change it.
    Edit: glitched
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  19. #99

    Default

    Do I need a restraining order blazin? You're becoming a bit obsessive.

    I mean this is coming from a guy getting butt hurt because someone joked about his wife and daughter. Lolololol
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  20. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Was the car running? Every report I've ever seen says the car stalled or died in the middle of the road (again, odd that he didn't push it to the side and call for emergency himself).
    That's apparently just what the media assumed, and it keeps being repeated. But when officer Shelby found the car it was sitting in the middle of the road running, doors closed, with no one in it or near it. As she was investigating it, Crutcher appeared from somewhere behind her.
    The earlier 911 call was that someone had just stopped in the middle of the road, gotten out, and then ran from the car.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  21. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    That's apparently just what the media assumed, and it keeps being repeated. But when officer Shelby found the car it was sitting in the middle of the road running, doors closed, with no one in it or near it. As she was investigating it, Crutcher appeared from somewhere behind her.
    The earlier 911 call was that someone had just stopped in the middle of the road, gotten out, and then ran from the car.
    Interesting. This does make the story of him being on something even more believable if this is the case. And if it is the case, it's also very sad. The family says he was trying to turn his life around, probably bought something to celebrate and ended up going out of his mind. Don't do drugs, Kids.
    Also:
    Thank you for taking this topic back to a level of reason.

  22. #102
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Do I need a restraining order blazin? You're becoming a bit obsessive.

    I mean this is coming from a guy getting butt hurt because someone joked about his wife and daughter. Lolololol
    I never got mad at you MB, your jokes were obviously just that, albeit bad ones which we have all come to expect so.. high five buddy, use the mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  23. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I never got mad at you MB, your jokes were obviously just that, albeit bad ones which we have all come to expect so.. high five buddy, use the mirror.
    Did I say you got mad at ME? Because you most definitely threw the biggest hissy fit that was right up there with one of Evil's.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  24. #104
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Interesting. This does make the story of him being on something even more believable if this is the case. And if it is the case, it's also very sad. The family says he was trying to turn his life around, probably bought something to celebrate and ended up going out of his mind. Don't do drugs, Kids.
    Also:
    Thank you for taking this topic back to a level of reason.
    Agreed, thanks Tin. I believe the officer spoke about it, and the guy said something about the car blowing up, but don't quote me, let me see if I can find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  25. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Agreed, thanks Tin. I believe the officer spoke about it, and the guy said something about the car blowing up, but don't quote me, let me see if I can find it.
    Wait, you're gonna post a link?!?!

  26. #106
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    I mean, not tonight, it's late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  27. #107
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    If you don't know why cops shoot to kill instead of to disable, that is a true sign of an ignoramus in any debate, any thread, anywhere.

    It at the very least implies a lack of comprehension/applied logic along with a lack of education in very, very, very basic human anatomy.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  28. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    There's actually a huge difference in the two. You know like, shooting to disable and shooting to kill. One doesn't get you sent to court for manslaughter for being a dummy.
    Officers are trained to shoot to kill, lowers the chance of them missing the target. (The chest area)

  29. #109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    If you don't know why cops shoot to kill instead of to disable, that is a true sign of an ignoramus in any debate, any thread, anywhere.

    It at the very least implies a lack of comprehension/applied logic along with a lack of education in very, very, very basic human anatomy.
    Not to forget difficulty of accuracy especially in an unpredictable moving target, tension of the moment, and countless other factors.

  30. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    If you don't know why cops shoot to kill instead of to disable, that is a true sign of an ignoramus in any debate, any thread, anywhere.

    It at the very least implies a lack of comprehension/applied logic along with a lack of education in very, very, very basic human anatomy.
    Oh here comes Lurk. Whatever you say man, what do I know right? There are no rules of engagement, just shoot to kill, that'll show them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  31. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Officers are trained to shoot to kill, lowers the chance of them missing the target. (The chest area)
    Or hitting a bystander, dying themselves by return fire due to missed shots, and other really bad scenarios that would result in shooting only to disable.

  32. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Oh here comes Lurk. Whatever you say man, what do I know right? There are no rules of engagement, just shoot to kill, that'll show them.
    Not cooperating, allegedly high on PCP.

    Heading back towards car....who knows what is in there.

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Or hitting a bystander, dying themselves by return fire due to missed shots, and other really bad scenarios that would result in shooting only to disable.
    Yes, I just didn't want to overwhelm him with too much correct information at one time.
    Last edited by Foley; 09-23-2016 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Smallpox's comment

  33. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Or hitting a bystander, dying themselves by return fire due to missed shots, and other really bad scenarios that would result in shooting only to disable.
    Lolwut? If you're shooting at all you run the risk of hitting bystanders, but let's act like that's a factor to make you seem intelligent. Shooting to disable is shooting a shoulder or the leg. Which last I checked aren't too far from center mass, so like someone who is trained to shoot should be able to hit a few inches away from center mass without any more of a risk to bystanders than aiming center. Oh! And you know what else would help those pesky bystanders getting in the way of these kill shots? A non-lethal round!
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  34. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Not cooperating, allegedly high on PCP.

    Heading back towards car....who knows what is in there.

    Yes, I just didn't want to overwhelm him with too much correct information at one time.
    With his hands up and the doors closed, the window was up too. Oh, and guess what, he was standing still. Its curious that one cop tazed while the other shot to kill, maybe one of them was using common sense.

    Also, don't hop on that train, it looks sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  35. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Not cooperating, allegedly high on PCP.

    Heading back towards car....who knows what is in there.



    Yes, I just didn't want to overwhelm him with too much correct information at one time.
    Good point. He is a simple person.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    With his hands up and the doors closed, the window was up too. Oh, and guess what, he was standing still. Its curious that one cop tazed while the other shot to kill, maybe one of them was using common sense.

    Also, don't hop on that train, it looks sad.
    Has the taser even been confirmed? The person watching the helicopter video said it sounded like it, but the cop said 'shots fired' Ihaven't seen any info on the taser outside of that.
    Also: none of us are disputing the force. We're disputing your ridiculous rules of engagement and how foolish it is for you to think aiming for legs, arms, shoulders or other areas is a good idea.
    Last edited by 5m4llP0X; 09-23-2016 at 05:32 AM.

  36. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Good point. He is a simple person.
    Because I'm not stupid to believe that cops should shoot to kill instead of using other methods? Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  37. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Because I'm not stupid to believe that cops should shoot to kill instead of using other methods? Please.
    You're dumb because you think cops have pinpoint marksmen accuracy when it comes to placing rounds into people and they're immune to stress, pressure, threats of danger, or any other numerous other thing that does lower accuracy in a pistol (an already inaccurate weapon).

  38. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    You're dumb because you think cops have pinpoint marksmen accuracy when it comes to placing rounds into people and they're immune to stress, pressure, threats of danger, or any other numerous other thing that does lower accuracy in a pistol (an already inaccurate weapon).
    And you don't?! You literally just said they could hit bystanders while aiming to disable as if they won't shooting to kill. Get outta here with that. So because these people are human and open to mistakes, we should let their judgement calls, which you're admitting are flawed, be the deciding factor on whether someone lives or dies regardless of their guilt or innocence? But I'm the dumb one?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  39. #119

    Woden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    The odds of ONE active shooter opening fire on a unit of cops and killing them all before any can return fire is absurd.
    When many of these situations start off with just one or two cops on scene? Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    if they don't stop, shoot to disable.
    That's friggin' horrible advice, as anyone who has ever even attempted to shoot a moving target should know; arms and legs are narrow and can be moving pretty damn quickly, so it's far, far harder to reliably hit them than it is to make a center-of-mass shot. Besides which, that still has a pretty high chance of killing or permanently crippling the target if it hits. And that's not even getting into the huge legal issues surrounding that idea.

    https://www.pfoa.co.uk/110/shooting-to-wound

    I have literally never seen anyone who is both trained with firearms and in any sort of position of authority advocate for shooting to wound / disable. It's a damn stupid concept.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Again, you can shoot to disable with a non-lethal round, which oddly enough wouldn't require anyone shooting at you to use, because, you know, it's non-lethal.
    The proper term is "less-lethal round," because, you know, they can still be lethal. Also, they aren't suited to all situations; for example, if you're using bean-bag rounds against somebody who is wearing heavy clothing, or who has high pain tolerance (whether naturally or from drug use), it's not going to be very effective.

  40. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    I'm the dumb.
    I'm glad you admit to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •