Thread: Sending settlers

Default Sending settlers

Here is a really difficult, hard one for you.

When ready to send settlers, can someone explain to me why the button to click to SEND them to settle a new villa is labeled "call back"?

Travian games maybe shouldn't be using google translate?

It's been brought up before, but we've never gotten an answer. It can be really confusing for new players. I don't think it's really a matter of a bad translation, but rather that the localization file is either pointed at the wrong entry or the entry for withdrawing reinforcements got copied over the "found village" text. Localization errors have previously been repairable by .us staff, but I don't know if this is still true.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    It's been brought up before, but we've never gotten an answer.
    I've found that nagging is an effective tool on Travian. They have time to change the color for players in the alliance member logs (to pastel which is horrible actually!!!) but they don't have time to fix the bugs?

I just realized this is in the Ideas section, it might get a faster response in the bugs section.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Customer Service Team Grasshopper's Avatar

Hi Quelaana.

This is a recurrent issue that has been looked in to numerous times. As Tineren stated it is some sort of an issue with the localization file. CM The Moment You Know has looked into what the issue was and made sure everything was correct, but the issue still presents itself off and on for some players. You may try clearing your cache and cookies, as it could be a cached web page causing the issue.

Clicking "Call back" will still send the settlers as they are supposed to, so please do not hesitate to hit the button to send them.

If you need further assistance, please send Support a message in game and we will try to help you further.

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    You may try clearing your cache and cookies, as it could be a cached web page causing the issue.
    Sure. I'll just do that...on all 7 different places, laptop, tablet, phones, desktop I play on. The number of times I hear teammates frustrated because they mention an issue to TG, and are told to "clear cache and cookies" is astronomical. Its actually become a joke.

"Hey, anyone noticed ..... happening?"
    "Yeah, did it to me, did you tell the MH/support/bug report?"
    "Why, they will just say to clear cookies and cache."
    "Yeah, they think we aren't smart enough to do that on our own."

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Clicking "Call back" will still send the settlers as they are supposed to, so please do not hesitate to hit the button to send them.

If you need further assistance, please send Support a message in game and we will try to help you further.
    Duh. We know this. They will tell us to "clear cache and cookies"!
    Try telling us something NEW for a change!

Customer Service Team Grasshopper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quelaana View Post
    The number of times I hear teammates frustrated because they mention an issue to TG, and are told to "clear cache and cookies" is astronomical. Its actually become a joke.
    While I can understand the frustration that may be come from often being asked, and sometimes told, to clear the cache and cookies the fact is that this is the most common troubleshooting technique to fix most issues players are experiencing in the game. From display issues, to things not reacting properly, etc.

As we do not have any way to know a person's knowledge we often ask everyone to start with clearing the cache and cookies. Many experienced players like you already know to try clearing the cache as a troubleshoot option and inform us that they have already done so, but many players who write in are unaware of this option. Beyond clearing the cache and cookies other troubleshooting techniques include trying different web browsers (determines if there is a compatibility issue in a specific browser or browser version), disabling add-ons/extensions, checking ad-blocker and anti-virus settings, etc. While exploring all these options may seem mundane, it can help pinpoint whether there is an actual issue with the game, or if the issue lies with the computer or web browser being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Quelaana View Post
    Try telling us something NEW for a change!
    Now what would be the fun in that? I wouldn't get to read anecdotal recounts of people complaining about being asked to clear the cache and cookies