Thread: Traditional Mafia Signups

Default Traditional Mafia Signups

Signup here for a game! As is usual for my rounds, I'll have a ridiculous amount of available roles, determine which are in the game mostly randomly, and then handpick for the best possible game I believe I can run.

The Village:

Vigilante- Can kill a player of their choosing.

Detective- Can investigate someone for their innocence by reading their mind. Mafia Leader and Independents except Serial Killer appear innocent.

Insane Detective– Told they are the Detective, but gets false readings on his investigations.

Rookie Detective– Told they are the Detective, but always gets innocent readings.

Jaded Detective– Told they are the Detective, but always gets guilty readings.

Forensic Investigator– Able to investigate a dead body every night, learning who has targeted them through the game.

Doctor- Can use their power to save one person that night.

Door-to-door Salesman- Can freeze one person, stopping them from using their power for a round.

Surgeon– May protect another player each night. If the player is not attacked, they have a 50% chance of being killed.

Neighborhood Watch– May watch one person each night, finding out who targeted them that night.

Stalker– Able to watch one person each night, finding out who they targeted that night.

Militiaman– Has a 50% chance to survive an attack against him. May kill one person per game.

Miller- Appears guilty to investigations.

Bodyguard– May protect one person per night, dying in their place if they are attacked.

Elite Bodyguard– May protect one person per night, dying in their place if they are attacked, and killing the attacker. This works on anyone except the Godfather.

Town Lunatic– Able to resurrect a player. May only ressurect one player per game.

Old Granny– Kills anyone who tries to kill her. The Godfather is the only one that can kill her. Cannot be roleblocked, but will still appear as so in KP. (Able to be lynched.)

Counselor- Decides whether or not the Vigilante can kill that night. On the Village Side.

Snitch– If Assassinated, becomes a mafia. May take on one of the Mafia's missing roles. Appears in the KP as saved.

Antidote Maker- Can target one person per night. That person is cured of any poison in their systems. Comes before the poison kill.

Lynchee- Told they are a civilian or miller, but if they are lynched while the Lyncher is alive, the Lyncher wins.

Governor– Can stop a lynching for anyone except themselves once per game.

Lie Detector- Chooses one post from a person every day and sends it to the Host to check if what is said is true.

Psychiatrist- Targets one person per day. If they target the Psycopath, the Psycopath becomes a townie.

Immobilizer- Can choose one person every other night to stop for the next day. This person can not do anything the next day. They may not PM others, vote, send in their special, or even post until they recieve a message from the host telling them they are unblocked. The immobilizer can't pick the same person twice in a row.

Priest- If lynched, the people are horrified and instead, lynch the first person to accuse the Priest. The Priest's role then becomes known to all. Can be killed at night.

Schizo- Can target someone each night. They randomly either kill, protect, or investigate them.

Inventor- Can create a list of items to hand out to whoever they want other than themselves. They will be given the list when given their role. May only use their role once every other round.

Bulletproof Vest- Can not be killed by assassination, unless targeted by the Serial Killer or Hitman.

Mute Soldier- Can protect, kill, and investigate all in the same night, but may never post or PM, except to vote.

Motivator- Upgrades one person's role every 2 nights. Upgrades very depending on the original role. Does not work on Mafia, Independants, or certain villagers.

Mayor- Can vote twice by PMing me their second vote.

Town Drunk- Is told they are the Mayor, but their two votes actually take one away from who they are voting for. (If they vote for two people, the second one takes a vote away.)

Bus Driver- Can switch the fates of two people. May not choose himself, and may not choose the person being lynched.

Politician- May steal one person's vote per day. They gain two votes instead of one.

Truth Serum- Can make one person speak nothing but the truth the next day. May use your ability once every 2 turns. May not target the same person twice.

Comparison Cop - Each night, you may select two players other than yourself who are currently alive. You will then be told if those two players are the same alignment or of different alignments. You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Good brother- Brother or sister to a mafia member, knows who that mafia member is. If the bad brother dies, the good brother kills themself. Protection can't stop the suicide.

Citizen- A normal member of the community.

The Mafia

Godfather/Mother- Leader of the Mafia. He sends in the kill each day. If he for some reason does not, the kill order is as follows: Godfather/Mother, Lawyer, Mafia Doctor, Poisoner, Hitman, Fence, Goon. I will assign a Godfather/Mother to take over if the current one dies.

Janitor- Prevents the town from knowing the role of the mafia's kill. Janitor is not told.

Lawyer- Can tie someone up all night with legal issues role blocking them.

Mafia Doctor- Can heal one person per round. May only heal a Mafia member once every 2 rounds.

Poisoner– If sent as the Mafia’s Killer, the person targeted will die the next night. This person may not be saved. If the last mafia, may kill like normal.

Hitman– If sent as the Mafia’s killer, if the Doctor tried to save the target, there is a 50% chance they will still die..

Assassin- Can not be roleblocked.

Fence– Shows up as innocent in investigations.

Mafia Terrorist- During the night of your choice, you may choose to kill yourself to recruit someone to the Mafia. They keep their power. You win when the Mafia win, even if you are dead.

Mafia Usurper- You are told to the other Mafia that you are just a normal Mafia, but you are after a different goal. If the mafia win, you win. But if the Godfather is still alive, you lose. You have a more challenging goal. The mafia must win, AND the Godfather must die. When the Godfather dies, you become the Godfather. You must then survive. The rest of the mafia thinks you're just a goon. Serious props if you can pull this off.

Bad brother- Brother or sister to a villager, knows who they are. If the Good brother dies, the bad brother kills themself. Protection can't stop suicide.

Goon- A normal member of the Brotherhood.

Independents

Serial Killer- Can kill someone of their choice. Wins if they are the last one left. Appears Guilty after they have killed someone.

Avenger- If lynched, they can use their ability to kill one person of their choosing.

Psycopath- Like the Serial Killer but they only get 2 kills per game.

Cult Leader- The Cult Leader has the ability to recruit one person into the cult every other round. The new recruits keep their powers. If the CL tries to recruit a Mafia member, he is killed. If the Cult Leader is killed, the most powerful cultist in line (by my standards) becomes leader. If they are killed, the Cult is left leaderless. The Cult wins if they outnumber the Village AND have killed off all the mafia.

Mentor- Chooses one person in a day. This person becomes the Prodigy. If the Mentor is killed, the Prodigy commits suicide. If the Prodigy is killed, the Mentor chooses another Prodigy. If a Mentor has a Prodigy, he may kill one person a day. The Mentor may only have one Prodigy at a time. The Mentor and Prodigy win by outnumbering the Village and the Mafia. If the Mafia and Village both have one person each, the Mentor and Prodigy win, even if their is no current Prodigy. If the Mentor chooses the Serial Killer or a Mafia member, he is killed. Prodigy's lose their powers.

Jester- Wins if they are lynched. Has a specific post limit PMed to them when given their role.

Lyncher- Wins if the lynchee is lynched while he is still alive.

Traitor- The traitor knows who the Mafia is, but they don't know who he is. His goal is to win the game with the Mafia. He is not allowed to tell the Mafia who he is.

Fisherman- May fish for an item each night. Each item has a percentage chance to get it, but only one can be caught a night. If the fisherman catches an item, they may use it like a normal role. Each item may be used once, whenever they want. Multiple items can be held at the same time.

Secret Role- The player has an ability that changes every day. The ability is usually passive such as extra votes, always guilty, etc. They may even have strange abilities...

Dreaming God- Given a list of random words. Each of these words has a different effect, but the Dreaming God doesn't know what any of the words do. Each word works once, and he must use a word at least once every other round. What are the possible effects? Who knows. They may be game changing like you've never seen.... They may even alter game rules. If so, an edit to this page will be made as well as along with the KP. They also must speak the words publically in this thread.

Abductor- Every other night you can choose someone to ‘kidnap.’ They are taken out of the game but their role is not revealed. If you die, they come back to the game.

Hateful killer- At the beginning of the game, selects three people to get killed. Is told their exact role. Wins if all three die before he does.

Other

Accident Victim- Told they are a random no power role. At the end of the third night, they "awaken." This person is chosen randomly from the major roles but can not be an independant. So either the Village or Mafia will be missing a crucial player until the third night.
    Last edited by Valynor; 10-06-2016 at 06:50 AM.

I'm in.

Im in!

Side note. Holy crap. I'm ripping the rules from some of my previous games, and do you guys realize we used to have over THIRTY players in a game?

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Inskie
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Side note. Holy crap. I'm ripping the rules from some of my previous games, and do you guys realize we used to have over THIRTY players in a game?
    Yes.

Do you realize we used to have over THIRTY posters on the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Yes.

Do you realize we used to have over THIRTY posters on the forums?

Dude I forgot the games used to be that big. I've had it in my head it was always around 15ish.

I'm in
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Dude I forgot the games used to be that big. I've had it in my head it was always around 15ish.
    Newp the rounds used to take like 2 weeks per, so if you died first... Hence all the mini-mafia rounds
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Newp the rounds used to take like 2 weeks per, so if you died first... Hence all the mini-mafia rounds

I have like 50 potential rolls. I couldn't figure out why I had needed so many.

I remembered the days.
    Hosting was alot more difficult back then.

Also, in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Just for fun, I thought I'd post my old master list of every possible role. Many of them can't be used, whether for lack 9f people or other obvious reasons, and some of them are just silly. But I remember alot of the unique ones were fun. I'll cut out the unusable ones and determine what's in the game from there. In case anyone was interested, the list is in the OP.

I'm in , if you don't mind lol ... pretty sure valy will put me up as a citizen ... after what happened last round
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Okay. Updated the roles to clean it up a bit, and take out some of the weaker ones. Some of these just won't make it past the vetting stage for a game this size, but are fun to look at. Over 60 roles in there. Geez.
    Last edited by Valynor; 10-06-2016 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    I'm in , if you don't mind lol ... pretty sure valy will put me up as a citizen ... after what happened last round
    Nah man. I want to see you improve. There will be no basic citizens on the village side.

You get 5 rounds of doing the dumb before I will snap at you.... and by then you will know not to get upset about it since no one takes any notice of me!

Count me in please
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    Count me in please
    Yay! Bring Flossie too and/or kabbie? Offer them a pineapple party. Could work.

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    Count me in please
    Geb! Glad to have you around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    You get 5 rounds of doing the dumb before I will snap at you.... and by then you will know not to get upset about it since no one takes any notice of me!
    You could always say no to me if I tried to join. Don't need to be a CUTE FLUFFY KITTENabout it.
    Last edited by Mod Polecat; 10-06-2016 at 08:22 PM. Reason: no name calling please
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

You could always say no to me if I tried to join. Don't need to be a CUTE FLUFFY KITTEN about it.
    Rok can't help it.
    Last edited by Mod Polecat; 10-06-2016 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

I'm back so I might as well play mafia, honestly the best part of the forums.

In.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

We're up to 9 ins. And Carni and Gebne are back

Valy, your opening post is a disaster. It's really long.

And that's coming from me

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Valy, your opening post is a disaster. It's really long.
    I would tend to disagree. I find it fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

The country with the world's longest official name

/In.

I'll put everything together tomorrow and we'll start on Saturday.

I'll put everything together tomorrow and we'll start on Saturday.
    Yay a weekend start is good for me
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)

In I guess.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Well, since participation dropped when I called in, I will say I'm out so I don't spoil the game. Carry on.

Well, since participation dropped when I called in, I will say I'm out so I don't spoil the game. Carry on.
    Nooooooo stay in!

Come back and play! I want you to play!
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

This is silly. Of course play.

You're in. Deal with it.

You're in. Deal with it.
    The Valy has spoken. Thus mayst it be.

Negative, have some real life issues. Nephew killed himself. In next time.

Oh my. That's a pretty legitimate excuse.

Do what you need to do Blaze. Sorry to hear about this.