Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Mafia Game Thread

Default Classic Mafia Game Thread

The sun rose over the mountains, starting a new day in a small remote mountain village; far away from any cities. The village was home to many people, most of which were peaceful people who wished only to go about their daily lives. Others strove to fulfill their duties to their citizens. But even here, there were those waiting for some adventure to come.
    But on this day like any other, strange happenings were taking place just a few miles to the West. In a series of eerie events, a cryptic mystery would unravel. And the villagers lives were about to be changed forever...

PLEASE READ THROUGH THE ENTIRE RULES. THEY ARE SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ROUNDS.

Game basics:

Mafia is a game of logic and deceit where 3 opposing teams; the Villagers, independents and mafia all try to kill each other off. The mafia are killers whose goal is to take over the town by outnumbering the Villagers, by placing votes for lynches and killing off a member each night.

The Rules for the Game:

1. --- Mafia is divided into rounds, or ‘days.’ Each round lasts for 24 hours and will begin/end at 9:00 EST. The KP should come at ROUGHLY 10:00 EST. The reason I say roughly is because I will have detailed KP's to help further the story. And yes, for those of you who don't care, there will be a summary at the bottom.

2. --- In that amount of time, the players of the game decide who as a group they want to Lynch by voting. To vote, you must state that it is a vote, and make the vote Bold. The player who receives the most votes will be killed at the end of that day, unless he is saved. Players MAY vote No Lynch.

3. ---The Mafia has the power to kill a player once each day by messaging me, the host, the players name. That player will die unless they are saved. The Mafia also must tell me which of their players they will send to do the job. Any member of the mafia may send in the kill, but I will only take the kill from the highest ranking member.

4. ---Most players have a special power that they can use once per day. Within that day, the player must message me how they are going to use their power, even if it is to abstain from using it.

5. ---Specials are made void if they are killed before getting the chance to use it.

6. ---If you wish to show suspicion for someone, but do not want to vote for them, use the same format as if you were to vote, but instead, call it a FoS (Finger of Suspicion.) I will keep track of all FoS and votes. I will post a vote count at 10:00 EST so I can be corrected if wrong.

7. ---Betraying your group, or otherwise not "playing to win" (such as voting for yourselves) is taboo. If I catch you doing so, you will be permanently blacklisted from my games, no exceptions. Even if things seem hopeless, or you dislike your teammates, keep trying; if you give up (or worse, betray your team), you ruin the fun for everyone.

9. ---The dead may not talk ever. Not even one post after they are dead or I will ask a mod to delete it. The. Dead. May. Not. Talk.

10.--- I am omnipotent. I can do whatever I want. So suck it.

Rules and Requirements

1. Once the game has started, keep the spamming to a moderate amount. I'll give you a warning if I think you are spamming too much. You get two warnings, and after that I will kill you.
    2. Stay active on the thread. Inactives get auto-killed. And I'm strict on this as you know if you've played previous rounds of mine. After 3 days you will get auto-killed. All you have to do to be active is post or PM me. You don't have to vote. There ARE exceptions to this rule. If I know someone should be active (say, Hidden Sage for example) then I will likely turn the other cheek for an extra day or two as I know sometimes you have problems getting access to a computer. You may also let me know in advance. Just do me a favor. If you aren't going to be available for longer than 4 days, don't sign up.
    4. Voting is done publicly.
    4-1. Abstaining is, of course, allowed, and you can vote for a "no lynch" as well.
    4-2. As of now, you may change your votes as much as you like, but if it becomes an issue, a rule disabling changing votes will be made.
    5. Posting private messages is NOT allowed. It is a game of deceit and intellect, after all. It’s up to the players to decide who to believe.
    6. No screen shots can be posted or sent to other players! If somebody sends you one, please report it to me and they will be auto-killed. Thank you.
    7. NO ROLE-CLAIMING PUBLICLY! And I would prefer you keep it to a minimum in PM's, but I'm lenient on this if I hear about it.
    8. Investigations will be PMed at the KP, so as to allow roleblockers the chance to block them.
    9. Don't challenge me. I don't put up with it. I'm a nice person, but if you get out of line, I will report you to a mod. I've done it before. Don't test me on this one.
    10. I reserve the right to refuse someones application to join the game. I most likely will not do this, but there are certain people who are not allowed to join because they are inactive every time they sign up.
    11. There will likely be enough roles for everyone to have one, unless there are too many people and it would become complicated.
    12. The game is meant to be fun, and while there are a lot of rules, just remember, I'm a laid back host. I like to have fun, and I want you to have fun. The rules are mainly here to explain what you can and can't do, and they aren't sugarcoated. Many of them I am very relaxed with.

ORDER OF ROLES
    Ties between factions are solved by my dart board.
    Roleblocks
    Governor
    Investigations
    Saves
    Bodyguards
    Mafia/Vigil/SK

The Schizo's place in the order is determined by what happens. Saves and roleblocks go in the same spot on the board, while kills go with the Mafia/vigil/sk kill.

How to Win

* The villagers win when all mafia and independents are dead.
    * The mafia win when they outnumber the villagers and independents.
    * The independents win when they are the last ones standing.
    * Note: If all the mafia are dead, the village still has to get rid of the independents. From experience I've learned that killing off all the villagers while still outnumber the mafia is not an easy thing to do.
    Last edited by Valynor; 10-10-2016 at 03:25 AM.

The Roles:

The Village:

Vigilante- Can kill a player of their choosing.

Detective- Can investigate someone for their innocence by reading their mind. Mafia Leader and Independents except Serial Killer appear innocent.

Insane Detective– Told they are the Detective, but gets false readings on his investigations.

Rookie Detective– Told they are the Detective, but always gets innocent readings.

Jaded Detective– Told they are the Detective, but always gets guilty readings.

Forensic Investigator– Able to investigate a dead body every night, learning who has targeted them through the game.

Doctor- Can use their power to save one person that night.

Door-to-door Salesman- Can freeze one person, stopping them from using their power for a round.

Surgeon– May protect another player each night. If the player is not attacked, they have a 50% chance of being killed.

Neighborhood Watch– May watch one person each night, finding out who targeted them that night.

Stalker– Able to watch one person each night, finding out who they targeted that night.

Militiaman– Has a 50% chance to survive an attack against him. May kill one person per game.

Miller- Appears guilty to investigations.

Bodyguard– May protect one person per night, dying in their place if they are attacked.

Elite Bodyguard– May protect one person per night, dying in their place if they are attacked, and killing the attacker. This works on anyone except the Godfather.

Town Lunatic– Able to resurrect a player. May only resurrect one player per game.

Old Granny– Kills anyone who tries to kill her. The Godfather is the only one that can kill her at 50% chance. Cannot be role blocked, but will still appear as so in KP. (Able to be lynched.)

Counselor- Decides whether or not the Vigilante can kill that night. On the Village Side.

Snitch– If Assassinated, becomes a mafia. May take on one of the Mafia's missing roles. Appears in the KP as saved.

Antidote Maker- Can target one person per night. That person is cured of any poison in their systems. Comes before the poison kill.

Lynchee- Told they are a civilian or miller, but if they are lynched while the Lyncher is alive, the Lyncher wins.

Governor– Can stop a lynching for anyone except themselves once per game.

Lie Detector- Chooses one post from a person every day and sends it to the Host to check if what is said is true.

Psychiatrist- Targets one person per day. If they target the Psychopath, the Psychopath becomes a townie.

Immobilizer- Can choose one person every other night to stop for the next day. This person can not do anything the next day. They may not PM others, vote, send in their special, or even post until they receive a message from the host telling them they are unblocked. The immobilizer can't pick the same person twice in a row.

Priest- If lynched, the people are horrified and instead, lynch the first person to accuse the Priest. The Priest's role then becomes known to all. Can be killed at night.

Schizo- Can target someone each night. They randomly either kill, protect, or investigate them.

Inventor- Can create a list of items to hand out to whoever they want other than themselves. They will be given the list when given their role. May only use their role once every other round.

Bulletproof Vest- Can not be killed by assassination, unless targeted by the Serial Killer or Hit-man.

Mute Soldier- Can protect, kill, and investigate all in the same night, but may never post or PM, except to vote.

Motivator- Upgrades one person's role every 2 nights. Upgrades very depending on the original role. Does not work on Mafia, Independents, or certain villagers.

Mayor- Can vote twice by PMing me their second vote.

Town Drunk- Is told they are the Mayor, but their two votes actually take one away from who they are voting for. (If they vote for two people, the second one takes a vote away.)

Politician- May steal one person's vote per day. They gain two votes instead of one.

Truth Serum- Can make one person speak nothing but the truth the next day. May use your ability once every 2 turns. May not target the same person twice.

Comparison Cop - Each night, you may select two players other than yourself who are currently alive. You will then be told if those two players are the same alignment or of different alignments. You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Good brother- Brother or sister to a mafia member, knows who that mafia member is. If the bad brother dies, the good brother kills themselves. Protection can't stop the suicide.

Citizen- A normal member of the community.

The Mafia

Godfather/Mother- Leader of the Mafia. He sends in the kill each day. If he for some reason does not, the kill order is as follows: Godfather/Mother, Lawyer, Mafia Doctor, Poisoner, Hitman, Fence, Goon. I will assign a Godfather/Mother to take over if the current one dies.

Janitor- Prevents the town from knowing the role of the mafia's kill. Janitor is not told.

Lawyer- Can tie someone up all night with legal issues role blocking them.

Mafia Doctor- Can heal one person per round. May only heal a Mafia member once every 2 rounds.

Poisoner– If sent as the Mafia’s Killer, the person targeted will die the next night. This person may not be saved. If the last mafia, may kill like normal.

Hit-man– If sent as the Mafia’s killer, if the Doctor tried to save the target, there is a 50% chance they will still die..

Assassin- Can not be role blocked.

Fence– Shows up as innocent in investigations.

Mafia Terrorist- During the night of your choice, you may choose to kill yourself to recruit someone to the Mafia. They keep their power. You win when the Mafia win, even if you are dead.

Mafia Usurper- You are told to the other Mafia that you are just a normal Mafia, but you are after a different goal. If the mafia win, you win. But if the Godfather is still alive, you lose. You have a more challenging goal. The mafia must win, AND the Godfather must die. When the Godfather dies, you become the Godfather. You must then survive. The rest of the mafia thinks you're just a goon. Serious props if you can pull this off.

Bad brother- Brother or sister to a villager, knows who they are. If the Good brother dies, the bad brother kills themselves. Protection can't stop suicide.

Goon- A normal member of the Brotherhood.

Independents

Bus Driver- Can switch the fates of two people. May not choose himself more than once every three nights, and may not choose the person being lynched.

Serial Killer- Can kill someone of their choice. Wins if they are the last one left. Appears Guilty after they have killed someone.

Avenger- If lynched, they can use their ability to kill one person of their choosing.

Psycopath- Like the Serial Killer but they only get 2 kills per game.

Cult Leader- The Cult Leader has the ability to recruit one person into the cult every other round. The new recruits keep their powers. If the CL tries to recruit a Mafia member, he is killed. If the Cult Leader is killed, the most powerful cultist in line (by my standards) becomes leader. If they are killed, the Cult is left leaderless. The Cult wins if they outnumber the Village AND have killed off all the mafia.

Mentor- Chooses one person in a day. This person becomes the Prodigy. If the Mentor is killed, the Prodigy commits suicide. If the Prodigy is killed, the Mentor chooses another Prodigy. If a Mentor has a Prodigy, he may kill one person a day. The Mentor may only have one Prodigy at a time. The Mentor and Prodigy win by outnumbering the Village and the Mafia. If the Mafia and Village both have one person each, the Mentor and Prodigy win, even if their is no current Prodigy. If the Mentor chooses the Serial Killer or a Mafia member, he is killed. Prodigy's lose their powers.

Jester- Wins if they are lynched. Has a specific post limit PMed to them when given their role.

Lyncher- Wins if the lynchee is lynched while he is still alive.

Traitor- The traitor knows who the Mafia is, but they don't know who he is. His goal is to win the game with the Mafia. He is not allowed to tell the Mafia who he is.

Fisherman- May fish for an item each night. Each item has a percentage chance to get it, but only one can be caught a night. If the fisherman catches an item, they may use it like a normal role. Each item may be used once, whenever they want. Multiple items can be held at the same time.

Secret Role- The player has an ability that changes every day. The ability is usually passive such as extra votes, always guilty, etc. They may even have strange abilities...

Dreaming God- Given a list of random words. Each of these words has a different effect, but the Dreaming God doesn't know what any of the words do. Each word works once, and he must use a word at least once every other round. What are the possible effects? Who knows. They may be game changing like you've never seen.... They may even alter game rules. If so, an edit to this page will be made as well as along with the KP. They also must speak the words publically in this thread.

Abductor- Every other night you can choose someone to ‘kidnap.’ They are taken out of the game but their role is not revealed. If you die, they come back to the game.

Hateful killer- At the beginning of the game, selects three people to get killed. Is told their exact role. Wins if all three die before he does.

Other

Accident Victim- Told they are a random no power role. At the end of the third night, they "awaken." This person is chosen randomly from the major roles but can not be an independent. So either the Village or Mafia will be missing a crucial player until the third night.

Players: 7/10

Burninator

Luisss

Rokchick

Mbstokem

Scarecrow

Eric Rasputin - ?

Gebne

Mod Deadpool - Doctor

Carni

Mouse-Keyboard - Lie Detector

KPs:

KP 1

KP 2
    Last edited by Valynor; 10-12-2016 at 03:50 AM.

Roles are out. Good luck.

Can we get a player list Valy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Dangit! I was in a hurry today. Called in to work. I'll do that when I get home

The country with the world's longest official name

Vote: Scarecrow
    Reason:
    Can't be bothered to check the other thread to see who else is playing.

Vote: MK
    Get at me.

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

EBWODP: A plan in case the truth serum is in the game: Everyone must claim to be town every day.

I am town and not Mafia or independent.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Oh.. my.. lawd. I'll read the whole lot at some stage. In the meantime,
    vote: Burn (cos there's no blazin to vote for...

I am town

MK, this is a bit dangerous, what if someone is late posting and forgets, do we auto kill? I vaguely remember someone saying this is a bad idea in one of the early rounds I played, but I can't remember why. Is there a way that maf or indies can use it to their advantage?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

So much reading.

I guess I should vote sometime today.

Vote: Rok

Reason: Last one to post before me.

There is a way that the mafia can use claims of being town to their advantage and that is if the godfather appears as innocent.

At least I think it works that way.

Oh, and I am Town.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Oh.. my.. lawd. I'll read the whole lot at some stage. In the meantime,
    vote: Burn (cos there's no blazin to vote for...

I am town

MK, this is a bit dangerous, what if someone is late posting and forgets, do we auto kill? I vaguely remember someone saying this is a bad idea in one of the early rounds I played, but I can't remember why. Is there a way that maf or indies can use it to their advantage?
    Im not quite sure how this works either, but since its N1 we obviously shouldn't test it.

Vote: No lynch

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    EBWODP: A plan in case the truth serum is in the game: Everyone must claim to be town every day.

I am town and not Mafia or independent.
    Didnt notice this. Good thinking!

I am town, and not Mafia or independent.

Vote: No Lynch

Would be useful to have a player list ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

I am town.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Alright folks ... What is EBWODP ?
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Edit by way of double post.

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

Vote: Eric for not doing his homework

You sure ... Im just an innocent townie
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    You sure ... Im just an innocent townie
    Editing mafia is generally considered suspicious. Usually you double post instead of editing. It's allowed in the mafia section.

Vote: gebne
    Tradition
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

unvote:No Lynch
    Vote: mbstokem

Its a challenge remember ...
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Player list posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Player list posted.
    Thank you
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)

Before I forget, Unvote: Vote: No lynch

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    There is a way that the mafia can use claims of being town to their advantage and that is if the godfather appears as innocent.
    That's for the detective. The truth serum can prevent someone telling any lies for a day.

Everyone except Burn, stokem, Scarecrow and Deadpool have declared themselves to be town.

I am town, not mafia or independent.

I did not do it after gebne said:

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Deadpool View Post
    I am town, not mafia or independent.

I did not do it after gebne said:
    Sorry. I am a bit out of practice with this.

Unvote: Scarecrow
    Vote: No lynch

Everyone except Burn, stokem, Scarecrow and Deadpool have declared themselves to be town.
    Well I refuse to do that.

I'm town.

As far as useless statements go. Ten players. Not gonna be a role like that in use.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post

As far as useless statements go. Ten players. Not gonna be a role like that in use.
    Yes. Highly unlikely that the host will introduce that role.

This is the only thing I dislike about having a role list that lists more than is in the game. There are entirely too many possibilities especially if the roles are randomed in.

We should get a better idea after the first KP provided used roles are written in.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    We should get a better idea after the first KP provided used roles are written in.
    This was what I assumed, but some still won't show up in tbe kp. It wouldn't kill things to tell you what's in the game I believe if you wanted. I can tell you this, there's 8 normal roles and two unusual ones in play.

As a side note, I'm going to extend the first night since we started less than 24 hours ago, and I'm missing a fair few specials. Gonna give everyone a day to regroup and catch up to the game.

Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Le sigh.
    Trust me, if we didn't extend the night, we'd basically have a second night 1.

I'm sighing at my fellow players who haven't done as I have by submitting their roles rather than sighing at you Valy.