Thread: Mod your own thread.

Default Mod your own thread.

I think any person who starts his or her own thread should be able to mod it. It helps a lot in the RPG area. If you can find the use for it in Embassies , then it can be applicable there also. Just a suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

The upper rank users have been able to lock their own threads for years now. I don't think it's a good idea give give users any other mod powers over other users. For example, just because you started this thread, why should you be able to edit or delete my reply?
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

You have a point. What if you give that right to only certain players. Like the very active ones on the forum who has good conduct and whatnot. If there has been a deletion of a post or edit, then the forum mods who mod that section can correct that doing. If anyone misuses it , then they get three warning and on the third one , they will be stripped of their power to mod. Just a suggestion.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

I agree with Eric to an extent. I believe that everyone should be able to change the title as well as some other things, however, deleting other people's posts shouldn't be allowed for normal users.
    You should also be able to close a thread down.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabChuckNorris View Post
    I agree with Eric to an extent. I believe that everyone should be able to change the title as well as some other things, however, deleting other people's posts shouldn't be allowed for normal users.
    No one cares about your opinion you snake

Senior Users already have the ability to open and close threads.

All other features such as editing threads etc are for the moderators this is due to HQ requirements for Data Protections & NDA's (anyone that can moderate can see sensitive information)

I do wish we could edit our thread titles, I've made a typo there before and been stuck with it.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Customer Service Team Dark Tower's Avatar

If you PM a mod with a kind request, there's not likely to be any mod that wouldn't edit it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    If you PM a mod with a kind request, there's not likely to be any mod that wouldn't edit it for you.
    True, but that would mean more work for mods, and often time they aren't online when you realize you made a mistake,

Anyways, what damage would a title do to the mod team? Little to none in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    I think any person who starts his or her own thread should be able to mod it. It helps a lot in the RPG area. If you can find the use for it in Embassies , then it can be applicable there also. Just a suggestion.
    ...Libertarians...
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

True, but that would mean more work for mods, and often time they aren't online when you realize you made a mistake,

Anyways, what damage would a title do to the mod team? Little to none in my opinion.
    m.hudson did say that modding can only be done by the mods. If we normal players get it , the. It will be a breach of the NDA. Plus you can see sensitive information. So, I guess this idea is not going to work.

Would any mod please close this thread before it gets all violent in here.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    m.hudson did say that modding can only be done by the mods. If we normal players get it , the. It will be a breach of the NDA. Plus you can see sensitive information. So, I guess this idea is not going to work.

Would any mod please close this thread before it gets all violent in here.
    But, but... :'(