Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    Oh crap!! I have a role??? Nobody has ever once told me this (not even in previous rounds). Who do I contact????
    They have well defined "rolls" from a good bakery in Italy I think.
    Especially if they attract 15 cats to start the round....
    Usx: crybaby or S.I.M.P. when I play.
    US1: no_no
    US2: crybaby

Quote Originally Posted by Enyalois View Post
    No, it's not your job to create better opponents. It's just my observation as an outside participating opponent that even having 15 cats starting a round in a quad with well defined rolls is good enough to put you in the drivers seat. I'll never be one to take an active role in leadership. I see no enjoyment factor there. Just again, giving my best wishes that I can't find a counter. As it were, I'll try to improve my account to the best of my abilities. I think I'm slightly better than I was last round. That's the best I can do.

Carry on.
    You hit the nail on the head. You play to the best of your abilites and try to improve. I think that is the goal of most of us, I think that along with our friends is why we play.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    Oh crap!! I have a role??? Nobody has ever once told me this (not even in previous rounds). Who do I contact????
    You know what I mean. Yes, in the group you'll have your people that will raid, attack, etc... that's what most want to aim for, as anything else would just be boring to people starting out. At least you know you have people coming on that know how to do that correctly. Also, in the mix is you know you have your awesome deffers. There's no better feeling when you know they're near.

Quote Originally Posted by jjpackrats View Post
    They have well defined "rolls" from a good bakery in Italy I think.
    Especially if they attract 15 cats to start the round....
    You've caught the drunkard in a spelling mishap, hats off to you, good sir.

While digesting the last 12 hours, I'm a bit numb, but double up on distractions being a good thing. That's what we''re here for after all, right?

Good deffers are the best!! Like Flossie

No, it's not your job to create better opponents. It's just my observation as an outside participating opponent that even having 15 cats starting a round in a quad with well defined rolls is good enough to put you in the drivers seat. I'll never be one to take an active role in leadership. I see no enjoyment factor there. Just again, giving my best wishes that I can't find a counter. As it were, I'll try to improve my account to the best of my abilities. I think I'm slightly better than I was last round. That's the best I can do.

Carry on.
    Leadership. It's an interesting thing. It can be very hard to find the perfect blend. See, in BTDT no one wanted to lead. LOL. So this thing called a council was set up, with a couple "advisors" if you will. We have the awesome hammers, the awesome anvil, and the lazy one that occasionally throws a few cents in. The beauty is, not a single, solitary one wants glory. Now, other alliances have leadership that lies to each other, hides things, throws temper tantrums when things don't go EXACTLY how they want it. I've been in both. BTDT is the bestest kind evah!

May I suggest in the future, if you find yourself in the wrong quadrant, talk to someone in an alliance you'd like to join. There are usually players looking for duals. Or, talk to them, delete and restart. (No, not halfway through). Make a friend or two in the alliance you like and set it up to join them in the next round they play. Don't stop playing because a couple of rounds didn't work out.
    Contact me on Skype (make sure you say you play Travian or I'll block you) and we can keep in touch for future rounds. Even if I'm not playing, I can find you the best alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Leadership. It's an interesting thing. It can be very hard to find the perfect blend. See, in BTDT no one wanted to lead. LOL. So this thing called a council was set up, with a couple "advisors" if you will. We have the awesome hammers, the awesome anvil, and the lazy one that occasionally throws a few cents in. The beauty is, not a single, solitary one wants glory. Now, other alliances have leadership that lies to each other, hides things, throws temper tantrums when things don't go EXACTLY how they want it. I've been in both. BTDT is the bestest kind evah!

May I suggest in the future, if you find yourself in the wrong quadrant, talk to someone in an alliance you'd like to join. There are usually players looking for duals. Or, talk to them, delete and restart. (No, not halfway through). Make a friend or two in the alliance you like and set it up to join them in the next round they play. Don't stop playing because a couple of rounds didn't work out.
    Contact me on Skype (make sure you say you play Travian or I'll block you) and we can keep in touch for future rounds. Even if I'm not playing, I can find you the best alliance.
    I don't think I'll stop playing. I can move away for a bit, but then the itch happens and I'll join this server or that. That being said, I'm never one to reach out to any other player, to the precludes me being able to build a solid strategy. I have a partner now, perhaps next time around we do it better. Who knows? I don't.

No need to add you. Somehow people will find me. Or not.

OK.....no whining and making up fairy tales next time time then. You'll have to take it like a man, as it will be your own fault.

JD!!! JD!!! Do you see the above post?! This is how humans act! It's how I got better. I was just reading this thing online that made me think if you and Luisss.

"If people canít recognize their own shortcomings and dismiss dissenting opinions as uninformed because they canít understand that there may be actual experts who disagree with them for good reasons, what hope do we have of getting through to them?" - [ weird things ]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    JD!!! JD!!! Do you see the above post?! This is how humans act! It's how I got better. I was just reading this thing online that made me think if you and Luisss.

"If people can’t recognize their own shortcomings and dismiss dissenting opinions as uninformed because they can’t understand that there may be actual experts who disagree with them for good reasons, what hope do we have of getting through to them?" - [ weird things ]
    That being said, I don't see this as a positive. I was a bit too out of it whenever I responded originally to the message. Just looking at the bit you quoted, that's my entire issue with the game. It's just set people ready to go in an alliance. **** that. I know people playing this round in different quads, and that's cool. I don't see an enjoyment in starting up with a set group. Perhaps if this was another server where there are large alliances that set up shop with some quickly being eliminated, that's cool. but here? I don't see the point. us servers are lacking talent. you can bull **** with your friends if they're playing on the same server, but why not just randomly go for it and try and engage a new group?

That being said, I don't see this as a positive. I was a bit too out of it whenever I responded originally to the message. Just looking at the bit you quoted, that's my entire issue with the game. It's just set people ready to go in an alliance. **** that. I know people playing this round in different quads, and that's cool. I don't see an enjoyment in starting up with a set group. Perhaps if this was another server where there are large alliances that set up shop with some quickly being eliminated, that's cool. but here? I don't see the point. us servers are lacking talent. you can bull **** with your friends if they're playing on the same server, but why not just randomly go for it and try and engage a new group?
    I think there are two things going on. When I first started playing I would randomly spawn in and play and get to know new people, some good some bad. You get with a group of folk who want to try a certain strategy, so you spawn in together the next round to try out the strategy. Frankly if the game had not changed as much as it did....was still pre arti, random WW no gray, I would still play for the love of the game. In its current form, the only reason I play is the people. I play with my friends to spend time with my friends.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

So if your friends get murdered ingame you quit?

If I'm not mistaken BTDT started off as like 10-15 people. Some of us, like myself and Burn started off in other alliances, didn't like it and moved to BTDT because we knew/played with them before and generally enjoy their company. It's not like we all started with the intentions of ending up together.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

I don't see an enjoyment in starting up with a set group.
    but why not just randomly go for it and try and engage a new group?
    Almost all of us switch groups up. Take me for example, if I remember this all correctly: US2R2 I was playing with United against Storm/BAM. United betrayed me so I joined Storm. US2R3 I was asked to lead Storm against WVF, VLR and Comrades. After that round I helped United against KON on US5R3. WVF & VLR joined me against TR on S6R3. I joined VLR against KON on US5R5. Helped WVF on US2R4 against KON & Comrades. US2R6 joined with KON and Comrades against WVF/TR. US1R8/9 (?) played with TRA and it a successor alliances against KON. Today I play alone against TRA. Why am I explaining this? Because I made a lot of friends, allies and duals along the way. Take Cis up on it and join athe group.

If I'm not mistaken BTDT started off as like 10-15 people. Some of us, like myself and Burn started off in other alliances, didn't like it and moved to BTDT because we knew/played with them before and generally enjoy their company. It's not like we all started with the intentions of ending up together.
    This.

But he accidentally put himself before me. Silly Montana. It's Burn and mbstokem, not mbstokem and Burn!

Yes. BTDT changed the name after others joined us. It was just a handful of us. There was a dispute and in the process of working it out, discovered we'd played together (or against) in the past and said, why not? It was not a preset group except for about 10 people dualing different accounts. Flossie's TBP project drew in a lot of other players who enjoy making her garden grow. Then others got disgusted with their alliance and started asking to join. It's like a small snowball rolling downhill and getting bigger as it goes.

Travian is a job. It can be stressful. You want to enjoy your team mates and have fun. Not do what you're told and suffer the consequences. Not to deal with others ego. Not to worry about getting g booted and farmed. Not being able to trust your fellow team mate, so they see us having fun and want to join. Not our fault we're fun, crazy, unpredictable and let players do what they want.

Plus we have coffee! None of these silly cookies I hear folks talking about
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    Plus we have coffee! None of these silly cookies I hear folks talking about
    And we have you, our lovely Pineh plant. And Flossie.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

you can bull **** with your friends if they're playing on the same server, but why not just randomly go for it and try and engage a new group?
    Typically that's how spawning in happens.. people are in a chat room and talking about a new server, next thing you know, someone screen shots their registration and acct name.. Then suddenly people in the room are all asking the same question.. "What quad did you spawn into..?" Voila..

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    In its current form, the only reason I play is the people. I play with my friends to spend time with my friends.
    ^^ This and then some more of this..

Yes. BTDT changed the name after others joined us. It was just a handful of us. .
    I had brought a small handful of killers with me, and came here to just smash.. Floss, Cis, Bugz and us were all already friends but didn't come here together..

So Enyalois, your cries of "why not randomly go for it" is precisely how BTDT came together..
    Your argument is invalid..

The bigger picture here that you are missing because there are too many trees blocking your view of the forest, is that when you play as long as we all have, you make friends, and those friends DO spawn randomly sometimes.. There would be NO quad we could spawn into without running into "friends" in that quad, and thus looking like it was pre-formed..

Case in point, Bugzy and I somehow end up in the same quad server after server even if we spawn in a random quad, with no idea the other is spawning in or not.. Just ask Matt(LD) hahaa..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

And I LOVE this round because of our team (and my awesome dual who talked me into it). Some I haven't played with in a long time, some I knew and had never played with, and some totally AWESOME ones I've just met . I don't even mind staying up all night or setting the alarm to be sure I'm up for something. I genuinely love the players on our team. Not a single one is a drama queen, but all are funny, nice, and will help out another player in need at the drop of a hat. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Case in point, Bugzy and I somehow end up in the same quad server after server even if we spawn in a random quad, with no idea the other is spawning in or not.. Just ask Matt(LD) hahaa..
    Wasn't kidding a month or so ago when I said that sometimes the problem is having too many friends. We weren't even sure "my" group was going to join with "Greg's" group or "flower's" group.

These are not the only teams we friends in. For various reasons we haven't worked with some.

I get that and appreciate it. I've been around the block before. I'll eventually join an alliance find out I know a few cats in there, which is cool. And on the other side I'll still talk to other friends that I'm competing against. It's all good. I just hate the concept of joining with a group (particularly on the US servers) where there's really nothing going on. If there's a group of ******** that announce they're coming back and people want to set something up, whatever. Hasn't been my experience with the US in recent years.

That being said, almost got my first artifact, so that was cool.

I get that and appreciate it. I've been around the block before. I'll eventually join an alliance find out I know a few cats in there, which is cool. And on the other side I'll still talk to other friends that I'm competing against. It's all good. I just hate the concept of joining with a group (particularly on the US servers) where there's really nothing going on. If there's a group of ******** that announce they're coming back and people want to set something up, whatever. Hasn't been my experience with the US in recent years.

That being said, almost got my first artifact, so that was cool.
    hmmm,,,,, I thought you have 2 artifact's
    Usx: crybaby or S.I.M.P. when I play.
    US1: no_no
    US2: crybaby