Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Bands (Mafia Game Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    A) This is still anyone's game.
    B) There were no mistakes in any KPs. If anyone has any specific questions about game rules, please ask them specifically.
    C) Game rules weighted the game in favor of the Cult, which lost due to misplay, not because of an unbalanced round.

I will not further comment unless I am asked a specific host-relevant question.
    Why did Ozzy and the Drug Dealer both get a kill? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Why did Ozzy and the Drug Dealer both get a kill? Am I missing something?
    Kills made by Ozzy Osbourne directly are delayed one KP, as per role description in the OP.

Kills made by other members of the metalheads are not delayed by a KP.

Ergo, Ozzy's kill was sent in yesterday. The "second" kill this KP was sent to me tonight, but was not delayed a KP because it was not made directly by Ozzy.

Kills made by Ozzy Osbourne directly are delayed one KP, as per role description in the OP.

Kills made by other members of the metalheads are not delayed by a KP.

Ergo, Ozzy's kill was sent in yesterday. The "second" kill this KP was sent to me tonight, but was not delayed a KP because it was not made directly by Ozzy.
    Yep. I missed that. Thank you.

Vote: Valy

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

So last night, at least one mafia voted to lynch their own. Flossie did not vote.

I don't know if that is significant or not. I do know that I want to hear from both Flossie and Carni before I commit a vote anywhere today, because they have not said much one way or another.
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Oh come... now you're just being obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    So last night, at least one mafia voted to lynch their own. Flossie did not vote.

I don't know if that is significant or not. I do know that I want to hear from both Flossie and Carni before I commit a vote anywhere today, because they have not said much one way or another.
    So here's the deal. I can't hard claim my role, but I can talk about how I'm currently playing my third role this round. I can claim that we haven't lost Eric's role yet. Think about it, he can't possibly have known about last night being mama cass, someone had to have switched that on him right before the KP. Because of this I have a lot of info to share. It's going to get me killed I imagine but it could win the game for town.

Valy I'm trusting your soft claim as tie breaker. No one disputed you or counter claimed and if it's true I've saved the game. If it's not true at least others will have the info.

Flossie and Valy: the three of us are the last non-maf in the game. Flossie I know because of my role switching around the first time and Valy I'm trusting you. That leaves Kerzi and SC as the two maf left.

So without further ado:

Vote: Scarecrow
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Half a pound of tupenny rice,
    Half a pound of treacle.
    That’s the way the money goes,
    Pop! goes the weasel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Sorry about missing the vote last night, I got caught up in stuff.

I am going to follow Carni's lead on this. I know Carni and I are non-mafia....I am not as sure as he is aoubt Valy.

Scare's speak has been bothering me all round, now it makes sense.

Vote: Scare

Kerzi speaking babble one day doesn't mean much. She can easily have jsut decided on her own to act like she was drugged or the metal heads could have told the drug dealer to use his special on Kerzi to give her cover....it has happened.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Sorry about missing the vote last night, I got caught up in stuff.

I am going to follow Carni's lead on this. I know Carni and I are non-mafia....I am not as sure as he is aoubt Valy.

Scare's speak has been bothering me all round, now it makes sense.

Kerzi speaking babble one day doesn't mean much. She can easily have jsut decided on her own to act like she was drugged or the metal heads could have told the drug dealer to use his special on Kerzi to give her cover....it has happened.
    Scare would know well enough to do that. But it could also be you and Carni. Or Carni and Kerzi. But I dont see that. I need to think.

The reason Eric got offed as Cass is because Carni guessed Eric's original role correctly (this switch takes place before all other actions, I asked Burnie about the order when I was Cass, the reason I know Carni did this is because I guessed Carni's role correctly. Carni now knows what role I have, because he was told it was I that switched him, thus if he had been a metal head before I switched him....he would finger me as metal head.

I am not as sure of your non metalness as Carni is, but I am certain of Scare's metaldom.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

I spent all day trying to weigh Valy vs. SC, because I was certain one of them was mafia. But now, after catching up, I see it is NOT one or the other. It is Flossie and Carni, or it is Valy and SC.

Valy and SC: their spitting match COULD be planned so that if one dies, the other is not obvious. Valy made the comment 'the driug dealer is the coolest role' comment right after roles were released.

Carni and Flossie: the whole Cass switch thing doesn't make sense. It implies that there was a correct role guess EVERY night since the start. Eric was a no brainer guess...but Carni spoke very little. And yesterday, Flossie didn't post or vote. Today? No one is under the effect of the drug dealer.

I also need to think. And I need a beer. Or 4.
    NI!

[QUOTE=Kerzi;2786327]Carni and Flossie: the whole Cass switch thing doesn't make sense. It implies that there was a correct role guess EVERY night since the start. Eric was a no brainer guess...but Carni spoke very little. And yesterday, Flossie didn't post or vote. Today? No one is under the effect of the drug dealer. /QUOTE]

There wasn't a correct guess every night. There have been 2 switches and 4 nights. Flossie had the role the first night and then guessed me and switched me the second night. I then guessed at SC incorrectly night 3 and got Eric night 4, switching him and saving his role before he was lynched.

S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

But how did she guess you first night?

22 possible roles. I can see NOTHING said by you that hinted at a role.
    NI!

But how did she guess you first night?

22 possible roles. I can see NOTHING said by you that hinted at a role.
    13 roles. We get a role list when we get the role. And she guessed me night 2 not night 1. How I was playing doesn't necessarily give away my role but it did hint at it. I'm not overly surprised she got it. I can't give it away because it's Flossie's roll now.

S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

I spent all day trying to weigh Valy vs. SC, because I was certain one of them was mafia. But now, after catching up, I see it is NOT one or the other. It is Flossie and Carni, or it is Valy and SC.

Valy and SC: their spitting match COULD be planned so that if one dies, the other is not obvious. Valy made the comment 'the driug dealer is the coolest role' comment right after roles were released.

Carni and Flossie: the whole Cass switch thing doesn't make sense. It implies that there was a correct role guess EVERY night since the start. Eric was a no brainer guess...but Carni spoke very little. And yesterday, Flossie didn't post or vote. Today? No one is under the effect of the drug dealer.

I also need to think. And I need a beer. Or 4.
    All SC did today was vote. Its possible he's been drugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    13 roles. We get a role list when we get the role. And she guessed me night 2 not night 1. How I was playing doesn't necessarily give away my role but it did hint at it. I'm not overly surprised she got it. I can't give it away because it's Flossie's roll now.
    Wait a minute, something isn't adding up. You know what roles are in play. If you guess someones role, you switch with them. How then would Eric have known someone was a mafia member if he wasn't former mafia? That's the assumption I've been under here. Or am I looking at this wrong?

I've been engaged in firefighting activities so I've not had much chance to read or post since KP and won't have much chance to do so as I head back out again shortly.

I stuck with Valy at kp due to the experience claim and I thought him most capable of what the mafia had achieved. It was only the only chance I had to read during a lull.

The new developments require thinking but I doubt I'll get the chance to go through them.

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    All SC did today was vote. Its possible he's been drugged.
    I didn't even think of that. Good point.
    NI!

EBWODP

Never mind. He's clearly sober
    NI!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I've been engaged in firefighting activities so I've not had much chance to read or post since KP and won't have much chance to do so as I head back out again shortly.

I stuck with Valy at kp due to the experience claim and I thought him most capable of what the mafia had achieved. It was only the only chance I had to read during a lull.

The new developments require thinking but I doubt I'll get the chance to go through them.

D'awww. If you're not mafia, I'll be so flattered.

I'll try and check in around kp but can't make guarantee.
    Off to smell like smoke again...

I need an answer to the Eric switching question before I can consider a vote.

There are three roles in the game that are town that could get set info like Eric did: detective, faulty detective, and tracker. I guessed right of those 3. Honestly, because of someones death being Jefferson Starship it was down to 1 in 2 roles.

S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    There are three roles in the game that are town that could get set info like Eric did: detective, faulty detective, and tracker. I guessed right of those 3. Honestly, because of someones death being Jefferson Starship it was down to 1 in 2 roles.
    Okay. I'll bite. I was seeing it from a different angle. Should probably stick to my list anyway...

That answer is basically taken from the role list.

I see Val actively trying to figure this out, too. As a result:

Vote: Carni
    NI!

Have a brief moment but doesn't look like it is of much worth anyhow.

GG mafia. Well played.

Twilight mode initiated.

KP incoming.

KP #5

Today, a man kept having to put out fires.

Like, a strange number of fires.

How were there so many fires?

(Seriously it's like 30 seconds long you won't be disappointed.)

Anyway, Scarecrow did deny everything deny everything, but it wasn't a setup and he wasn't being framed. You see, he was, in fact, Iron Man. People think he's insane cause he is frowning all the time. Etc. etc.

Put a smile on, dude. If I wanted a black sabbath, I'd have taken a red Sabbath and painted it black.
    Scarecrow was removed from the Battle of the Bands by popular vote and was Ozzy Osbourne.

But although the Battle of the Bands moved more towards favoring the Rockers, there was yet another action to have occurred that night. One of our bravest, Newest Waviest warriors has fallen.

I mean, you don't have to put on the red light or anything... I don't care if it's wrong or if it's right.

ROOOOOXANNE!!!!

Carni was removed from the Battle of the Bands by the Drug Dealer and was Sting.

The worst part is that if Carni haunts, it'll be Sting in his worse, more solo ghostly form. Everyone knows that he was better when he had the Police.
    Last edited by The Burninator; 11-10-2016 at 02:25 AM.

Aaaaaaaand GO.

(This round can end early by petition -- if all 3 remaining players agree that the round is over, just gimme a nudge in the thread and I'll close 'er out.)

Vote: Kerzi

Vote: Kerzi

I am going to follow Carni's hunch

Every night when I get home
    The monkey’s on the table,
    Take a stick and knock it off,
    Pop! goes the weasel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

NI!

Is this pending further discussion or are all 3 of you set where you are?

My vote will not change, as per my argument yesterday.

On the other two to change vote or say final answer' now
    NI!

Yeah I think I'm set in mine.

The country with the world's longest official name

Put a smile on, dude. If I wanted a black sabbath, I'd have taken a red Sabbath and painted it black.
    Is that a Stones reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Is that a Stones reference?
    Don't make my references obvious! Have some sympathy, and some taste.

Pleased to meet you!
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend