Thread: Christmas Truce Discussion

Default Christmas Truce Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by m.hudson View Post
    Due to the release imminent release of construction plans USX Will Not have a ceasefire at either Christmas or New Year

USX will continue as normal throughout this festive period to avoid interrupting the flow of the end game.

On behalf of the team, I apologise for any confusion over this change.
    Confusion? What about all the people who made plans allready? Incompetence might be a better description?
    Last edited by Hannibal100bc; 12-17-2016 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Angry yupyup

Same for me eh, i actually bought a phone so i can play travian during christmas, i told for my relatives that Id be coming around this christmas since the ceasefire was announced. clap clap clap well played travian games...

Now i guess i just sit back, cancel everything. throw the phone on wall and add some bricks ontop of virtual tower whole xmas.

I think if you used even some amount of brains to predict things, this all would have been avoided easely.

There's not much I can say other than mistakes happen. With so many domains and servers all having different endgame start dates sometimes things get missed. I can only apologise on behalf of the team and hope you still manage to enjoy your festivities.

Due to the release imminent release of construction plans USX Will Not have a ceasefire at either Christmas or New Year

USX will continue as normal throughout this festive period to avoid interrupting the flow of the end game.

I agree, people have already made plans based on your earlier announcement. Instead of Truce just pause the server for the time period. Then it won't effect endgame.
    Either that or offer us any money back that we've used for gold so far this round and delete our account.
    USx R26 - DeathNote (Knights), R25 - Saitama (Knights), R24 - roothlus (NNOF), R23 - CleverCleaver (SWAT), R22 - Empire (SCP), R21 - FairyTail (Knights), R20 - Roothlus (NNOF), R19 - Roothlus (Knights), R18 - Roothlus (Knights), R17 - Roothlus (IDTS!), R16 - Roothlus (Knights & IDTS!), R15 - Roothlus (Knights), R14 - roothlus (NNOF), R13 - CharlieSheen (NNOF), R12 - HannahMontana (zOMG!), R11 - Roo (FLGC), R10 - Roothlus (NNOF), R9 - roothlus (KORN & NNOF)

Pausing a server is not something HQ will do as there is a good chance it will break it due to the way the coding works.

Pausing a server is not something HQ will do as there is a good chance it will break it due to the way the coding works.
    Doesnt mean it has to be paused, just delay the cplan release. Your annoucement just destroyed every single plan and every single promise i had made for christmas. Either keep your promises or dont make them at all because i made mine according to yours, and since you pulled back yours, i have to pull back mine.
    This is indeed is not the service i thought i was paying for.

- Happy WW holder

Default Changing plans

I agree. Plans were made to be away from my account for the duration of the truce. Plans that I can not now break or even get a refund for airfare. I'm fine with with deleting the account and refunding money spent.

Construction plans are hard coded into the game and as such they cant be changed at this stage. Doing so would most likely cause the server to cease.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferox View Post
    This is indeed is not the service i thought i was paying for.
    You do not pay for any service, the game and all support services are free of charge.You only pay for additional features that may provide an advantage ingame and facilitate your game play.

Quote Originally Posted by brian0029 View Post
    refunding money spent.
    Please read the game TravianGames Terms and conditions.

Default tejed west

You do not pay for any service, the game and all support services are free of charge.You only pay for additional features that may provide an advantage ingame and facilitate your game play.

Thats not true and I think we both know that, this whole game wouldnt be ran if it wasnt paying out.
    Someone always has to pay, otherwise this game wouldnt simply exist anymore, not the server, not the support part. Im not paying for additional features at first place, no not at all. Im paying for my game for one simple reason, because I like it.

Keeping the customers happy and satisfied for the game is exactly how the shekels pop up into developer pockets, thats why i am always critizising if something doesnt go how its supposed to go.

Due to nature of this game, such changing plans, misleading announcements, uninformed server shutdowns, ingame bugs(like the one with daily rewards last year, being present two complete rounds due to germans thinking that it wasnt important if some players never were able to receive their 100th point reward) are interrupting the game flow just as much as this ceasefire.
    When some like to think the easy way around, game of few individuals wont matter, as long as the majority stays satisfied, sounds about right huh?

We are OK with a interruption

Quote Originally Posted by Ferox View Post
    Thats not true and I think we both know that, this whole game wouldnt be ran if it wasnt paying out.
    Someone always has to pay, otherwise this game wouldnt simply exist anymore, not the server, not the support part. Im not paying for additional features at first place, no not at all. Im paying for my game for one simple reason, because I like it.

Keeping the customers happy and satisfied for the game is exactly how the shekels pop up into developer pockets, thats why i am always critizising if something doesnt go how its supposed to go.

Due to nature of this game, such changing plans, misleading announcements, uninformed server shutdowns, ingame bugs(like the one with daily rewards last year, being present two complete rounds due to germans thinking that it wasnt important if some players never were able to receive their 100th point reward) are interrupting the game flow just as much as this ceasefire.
    When some like to think the easy way around, game of few individuals wont matter, as long as the majority stays satisfied, sounds about right huh?
    While i understand your views. HQ have carefully worded their terms and conditions to clearly state the game is provide free of charge and indeed the game can be played without buying gold, (weather you can successfully play and be competitive without gold is another matter).

I also understand and agree with your thoughts on the bugs and outages however none of these things are in the control of the domain staff, we are just the ones that have to respond to your posts with the official line.

I will of course pass your feedback to them HQ.

Construction plans are hard coded into the game and as such they cant be changed at this stage. Doing so would most likely cause the server to cease.
    Do you REALLY think anyone is going to believe that? YOU are the cause of a great unjust. Fix it. How many THOUSANDS of dollars, countless hours, and hard work will you cost people if you don't?

I'm not even playing on USX and thats pretty BS to have another screw up like this. It seems that there is constantly more mistakes and wrong information being sent around.

Everyone understands it is a free to play game. But they are saying that they are tired of being shafted by a poor quality system (game and support).

It really doesnt look like HQ is concerned about the players wishes. Be it US2 being pushed up and giving a weeks notice about it. Or saying for a week that USX will have a truce but then change that statement a week later. Didn't US4 arty drop get screwed up as well. Or what about Finals?

There is a pretty consistent amount of screw ups, no wonder why the amount of players has dropped off signifcantly.

Why not compromise since the mistake was made by the Travian Team. At least give us the 25th off if not the full 3 days.
    If you aren't willing to make this right, why even allow comments on this.
    USx R26 - DeathNote (Knights), R25 - Saitama (Knights), R24 - roothlus (NNOF), R23 - CleverCleaver (SWAT), R22 - Empire (SCP), R21 - FairyTail (Knights), R20 - Roothlus (NNOF), R19 - Roothlus (Knights), R18 - Roothlus (Knights), R17 - Roothlus (IDTS!), R16 - Roothlus (Knights & IDTS!), R15 - Roothlus (Knights), R14 - roothlus (NNOF), R13 - CharlieSheen (NNOF), R12 - HannahMontana (zOMG!), R11 - Roo (FLGC), R10 - Roothlus (NNOF), R9 - roothlus (KORN & NNOF)

I for one was highly pissed when I seen the announcement that the truce effected usx during endgame. But yes it is true people did make plans AFTER realizing that there would be a truce. Has Travian games NOT realized yet the drop of accounts and players playing the game? This is a large part of that reason.

You say things are hard coded into the system and cant be changed. Why change the truce then after it was announced?

Can't say that changes cant be made it will cease the server. The truce was changed and removed just fine, I am not noticing any type of cease or crash

Angry

I think the only fair thing to do if you can't correct the mistake you did is to give every one in the server a big amount of gold

i think you should give us a big amount of money if you can't correct the mistake you did
    Last edited by Mod Deadpool; 12-19-2016 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Merged Double Posts

-New Users-

Thumbs down

While i understand your views. HQ have carefully worded their terms and conditions to clearly state the game is provide free of charge and indeed the game can be played without buying gold, (weather you can successfully play and be competitive without gold is another matter).

I also understand and agree with your thoughts on the bugs and outages however none of these things are in the control of the domain staff, we are just the ones that have to respond to your posts with the official line.

I will of course pass your feedback to them HQ.
    Why are you still here? travian should demote you and install someone who knows what there talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pylus View Post
    I for one was highly pissed when I seen the announcement that the truce effected usx during endgame. But yes it is true people did make plans AFTER realizing that there would be a truce. Has Travian games NOT realized yet the drop of accounts and players playing the game? This is a large part of that reason.

You say things are hard coded into the system and cant be changed. Why change the truce then after it was announced?

Can't say that changes cant be made it will cease the server. The truce was changed and removed just fine, I am not noticing any type of cease or crash
    You don't really expect Travian to listen do you? They just close the thread and then the players just get ignored and lied to....... AGAIN!

@Batman Why am I still here? My job is just to pass communications between players and HQ (and vice versa) and manage the forum & moderators (Community Management) not managing the game/customer service .

The official line for this issue is that the server start, artefact release, plan release and end of a server is noted during the setup stage of each server, it is also standard practise for server with active plans to not have a truce.
    In the case of USX that information has been available since 10-07-2016 in the server information area
    I have passed all your feedback to HQ for their consideration when they reopen in January.

Like any of you had anything to do but play travian, give it a rest and send raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Like any of you had anything to do but play travian, give it a rest and send raids.
    Thats indeed true, I was much better off the whole christmas day, having a ordinary day here at the very same spot I sit atm. To be honest i was quite depressed at start when the truce was announced because there were these silly thoughts in my mind "what am i gonna do the whole friggin day" and blablabla.
    Then i remembered my relatives invited me around, even when theyre total as*holes I was like hey, free food, free time why not give it a shot?
    AND I F****IN WENT AND PROMISED THEM I DO BE AROUND.

Im not the guy who breaks promises once theyre made, but this is most likely going to be exception if i dont find any alternative options.

Happy holidays peeps cant wait to visit a certain alliance on Christmas morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida 5-0 View Post
    Happy holidays peeps cant wait to visit a certain alliance on Christmas morning.
    Make it double

The official line for this issue is that the server start, artefact release, plan release and end of a server is noted during the setup stage of each server, it is also standard practise for server with active plans to not have a truce.
    In the case of USX that information has been available since 10-07-2016 in the server information area
    Oh look, that info has been available the whole time. Too bad Travian didn't read it before they screwed all of us.......