Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US last two presidents

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Lucky you're not a christian, because both are way, way to the right of Jesus.
    He doesn't mention government regulations often, which means you are wrong.

And this is relevant again:

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    He doesn't mention government regulations often, which means you are wrong.
    Give me one thing Jesus said that is to the right of either.

BTW using Jesus to Christians is just pointing out their hypocrisy, obviously we don't care what a mythical creature said.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Give me one thing Jesus said that is to the right of either.
    The absence of the state is right wing.

He did not say there needs to be state regulations to force people to [insert the belief here].

[insert the belief here].
    believe in science?

political views?

political correctness?

"fake real news"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

The absence of the state is right wing.He did not say there needs to be state regulations to force people to [insert the belief here].
    Tell me what these mean then:
    • “Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?” [Matthew 6:26] (hint: look after those who can't look after themselves)
    • “But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?” [1 John 3:17 KJV] (hint: Social services)
    • “Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.” [Matthew 9:35] (hint: free healthcare)
    • “But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.” [Matthew 14:16 KJV] (hint: again, why would any christian
    • “For I was an hungrey, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungry, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” [Matthew 25:34-40 KJV] (pretty obvious)
    • “Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.” [Matthew 23:28 KJV] (hint: don't sound like you)
    • “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungry, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.” [Matthew 25:41-43 KJV] (and this is what happens if you do)
    • “And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables; And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise.” [John 2:14-16 KJV] (hint: capitalism is just wrong!)
    • “And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.” [Matthew 19:24 KJV] (hint: again capitalism, profit making at the expense of others is just plain wrong)
    • “For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.” [Luke 12:48 KJV] (pretty obvious, this one)

Sorry poppet, JC, if he existed was a very long way to the left of any of your current crop of pollies. Maybe Bernie might get to heaven, the rest have no chance at all.

Where is the state regulation part?

Where is the state regulation part?
    What would you do if none of the the hungry were being fed, the poor not being seen to? If all the money men were ripping the poor off, if the rich were just getting richer? Hey! That sounds just like.....

Deal with it.

What would you do if none of the the hungry were being fed, the poor not being seen to?
    Remain not talking about state regulations.

Remain not talking about state regulations.
    Ah, so not talking about it makes it go away? Sure! You just want to ignore the bits jesus (if he was real) said that inconvenience you. Still makes you closer to satan than jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Anyone who didn't vote or wasted theirs on a third party candidate was a bigger joke, only thing worse was pulling the lever for HRC.
    COFC has foley's respect lmao.
    You mean like Hillary did?
    Because utilizing your powers of democracy is a waste. Right. When given the choice between two evils, some look for the greater good. And yet, when the media and government declare that only two candidates matter, those who form their own opinions are a joke. That's just the stupidest argument and you should be ashamed. And then you simply add on that voting for HRC is worse. So in other words, everyone who doesn't agree with you is a joke and wasting their vote. Come on man. Be better than that.

You just want to ignore the bits jesus (if he was real) said that inconvenience you.
    Nothing you provided mentioned state regulations.

Nothing you provided mentioned state regulations.
    Neither did he. He (if he existed) said what should be done and how you should act. Right wing politics goes against both of those teachings. Libertarian even more so. If you think he meant his teachings to apply only to individuals, then he only meant Palestinians as well. Since that's who he spoke to. Well Romans, Jews and Palestinians maybe. But not me. And certainly not you. He didn't envisage you ever existing. Maybe that's why he never answers your prayers.

Neither did he. He (if he existed) said what should be done and how you should act.
    The absence of the state is right wing. You keep telling me he is right wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Because utilizing your powers of democracy is a waste. Right. When given the choice between two evils, some look for the greater good. And yet, when the media and government declare that only two candidates matter, those who form their own opinions are a joke. That's just the stupidest argument and you should be ashamed. And then you simply add on that voting for HRC is worse. So in other words, everyone who doesn't agree with you is a joke and wasting their vote. Come on man. Be better than that.
    At least Trump didn't conspire to cheat any of the Republican candidates or the Republican voters out of their preferred candidate. The democrats were forced to go with HRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

At least Trump didn't conspire to cheat any of the Republican candidates or the Republican voters out of their preferred candidate. The democrats were forced to go with HRC.
    He only conspired to cheat the country out of a decent president.
    Cofcey dear, capitalism is right wing, survival of the fittest is right wing, looking after yourself is right wing. All are the antithesis of JC. If he existed. If you think he would approve of any of your anti-state bollocks, you read a different bible to me.

Who... HRC... Which stands for Hillar... wait... I mean... Her Ruthless Calamity...

Last edited by н-υ-п-т-ε-я; 12-27-2016 at 02:38 PM. Reason: change of mind

Cofcey dear, capitalism is right wing, survival of the fittest is right wing, looking after yourself is right wing. All are the antithesis of JC. If he existed. If you think he would approve of any of your anti-state bollocks, you read a different bible to me.
    He conspired to cheat the country? Link?
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Some random anonymous unknown officials from CIA and FBI accused Putin and Russia to make Trump win!

If a donkey fail miserably, it has to find some unethical excuse to lose.

Running against hillary is a criminal act according to leftists. That is very tasty wishcasting.

Rok, can you not use Jesus to try and justify your positions?

Why not just say you think it is the government's job to take care of people?

If you note, Jesus always preached to people - not to governments. He wanted people to act the way he prescribed, I do not think you will find any verses where he suggests that governments should force people to follow his teachings.
    Last edited by Luisss; 12-27-2016 at 07:03 PM.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

Well, unless you think all of his outright lies and conspiracy theory ramping was just him showing a very low IQ? I guess it could still be that.
    But he's admitted he said things just to get elected. Do you think no one else knew he was doing it? Well then, they conspired with him to get him elected. It's a more common conspiracy than the ones you want to promote. But it's also far more real. If he had said "I think there are too many lobbyists in power positions" then - hey good oh, politics! But "drain the swamp" and "lock her up" were fundamental promises that he never meant to keep. And that he outright lied to promote.

Not so random hunter. Director and Director.

Of course donnie doesn't want it to be true. But it probably is and why?
    In 2008, Trump's son, Donald Jr., told a real estate conference, "Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."
    It's called leverage.

Luisss, if someone bites, I keep feeding them. And no, Jesus didn't speak to a democratically elected government about what they should do. I wonder why? He also didn't speak to white men at all. Or americans, or people who had computers, for the very same reason. Don't be so choosy about which bits you assign to his intent and which to his opportunity. If he existed. I will keep going though, because from outside the US, it is one of the biggest hypocrisies we see. You have a conservative christian right wing. There can be no such thing except with a large dose of total hypocrisy or corruption of teachings. It is NOT christian.

But "drain the swamp" and "lock her up" were fundamental promises that he never meant to keep.
    Wishcasting.

Dances around the actual question again.

Dances around the actual question again.
    Wait, are you disputing that he's admitted lying about lock her up and drain the swamp? Surely I don't need links to THAT? Even you must have seen him and gingrich do that part of it? Or do you want me to prove that.. what? he really is that dumb? That's you that thinks that, I think he's that evil.

Wait, are you disputing that he's admitted lying about lock her up and drain the swamp? Surely I don't need links to THAT? Even you must have seen him and gingrich do that part of it? Or do you want me to prove that.. what? he really is that dumb? That's you that thinks that, I think he's that evil.
    I'm asking for a link to the conspiracy you claim. You do know what a conspiracy is don't you?

Wait, are you disputing that he's admitted lying about lock her up and drain the swamp?
    Your wishcasting is not reality though, it is just wishcasting.

Luisss, if someone bites, I keep feeding them. And no, Jesus didn't speak to a democratically elected government about what they should do. I wonder why? He also didn't speak to white men at all. Or americans, or people who had computers, for the very same reason. Don't be so choosy about which bits you assign to his intent and which to his opportunity. If he existed. I will keep going though, because from outside the US, it is one of the biggest hypocrisies we see. You have a conservative christian right wing. There can be no such thing except with a large dose of total hypocrisy or corruption of teachings. It is NOT christian.
    Many scholars, including atheists, do not argue that there was not a man in history named Jesus in that time period. What is usually debated is whether or not he was actually "The Savior" or performed any miracles.

You can argue that he would not be a Republican, but given his positions on gay rights, abortion, etc. he would not be accepted in today's Democratic Party either.

I consider myself a christian conservative, and I do not think I lack compassion and caring for those in need. I live in the South Side of Providence - our unemployment is over 10% still, our crime rate is the highest in the state, we have far too many homeless, and we've been under Democratic control for 80 years. From my perspective, it is those in power that tend to abuse those who do not have power, regardless of party - that is why I fight to help the Republican Party in Rhode Island and why I want to limit the government's role in our life rather than expand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    You can argue that he would not be a Republican, but given his positions on gay rights, abortion, etc. he would not be accepted in today's Democratic Party either.
    Are you freaking serious. Here's a hint, abortion is NEVER mentioned in the bible. Let alone mentioned by Jesus. Also, Jesus never actually says anything bad about homosexuality, and there are some who consider parts of Mathew to be accepting of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    Are you freaking serious. Here's a hint, abortion is NEVER mentioned in the bible. Let alone mentioned by Jesus. Also, Jesus never actually says anything bad about homosexuality, and there are some who consider parts of Mathew to be accepting of it.
    Are you actually going to argue that because Jesus, while he was on earth, did not say "Homosexuality is wrong and abortion is wrong" that he did not believe the teachings of the Bible? Or that Christians should only follow his exact words, not anything that came before it or after it?

And are you really going to argue that the bible doesn't argue for the right to life for those not yet born? Sheesh, I know you're liberal but at least lower your pretentiousness to a level where you don't think you know more about the bible than everyone else, especially people who actually read it daily.

Are you actually going to argue that because Jesus, while he was on earth, did not say "Homosexuality is wrong and abortion is wrong" that he did not believe the teachings of the Bible? Or that Christians should only follow his exact words, not anything that came before it or after it?

And are you really going to argue that the bible doesn't argue for the right to life for those not yet born? Sheesh, I know you're liberal but at least lower your pretentiousness to a level where you don't think you know more about the bible than everyone else, especially people who actually read it daily.
    Not only did he not say homosexuality was wrong, there is a better than average chance he was gay himself. We all read it with our own filters in place, try reading it from another perspective.

Be careful invoking earlier writings. Next you'll be saying he approved of slavery.

Not only did he not say homosexuality was wrong, there is a better than average chance he was gay himself.
    Ok, so you do not want to have a serious discussion and just want to use his sayings piecemeal for your personal benefit. Got it. I'll just be quiet now.

there is a better than average chance he was gay himself.
    what is gay for you is not for other people, unless you take culture, era ...etc your statement by itself is gay

Be careful invoking earlier writings. Next you'll be saying he approved of slavery.
    Like we the people are not mass enslaved by countries and corporates, they keep the cash, most of us live in debt the rest of our lives. [insert the following quote here]
    We all read it with our own filters in place, try reading it from another perspective.

Not only did he not say homosexuality was wrong, there is a better than average chance he was gay himself. We all read it with our own filters in place, try reading it from another perspective.

Avoiding me now because you know you were talking out of your *** about Trump conspiring against Americans. Back on ignore you go. Good day.

Ok, so you do not want to have a serious discussion and just want to use his sayings piecemeal for your personal benefit. Got it. I'll just be quiet now.
    My very point! You use piecemeal sayings to promote whatever it is that the conservative right want promoted and use it as a stick to beat the world into a shape JC would abhor.

Hunter, you may not have been around long, but I was raised a catholic, won prizes for religious study, did some university units on christianity and did quite a lot of comparative study, including of the Koran (deliberate). So I HAVE read it with various filters on.

Blazey dear, conspiracy is a very simple concept. Did he knowingly, with his pals say things that were untrue to deceive the american people and get elected? He did (or, he is just too dumb to contemplate). That's conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

My very point! You use piecemeal sayings to promote whatever it is that the conservative right want promoted and use it as a stick to beat the world into a shape JC would abhor.

Hunter, you may not have been around long, but I was raised a catholic, won prizes for religious study, did some university units on christianity and did quite a lot of comparative study, including of the Koran (deliberate). So I HAVE read it with various filters on.

Blazey dear, conspiracy is a very simple concept. Did he knowingly, with his pals say things that were untrue to deceive the american people and get elected? He did (or, he is just too dumb to contemplate). That's conspiracy.
    So every politician has conspired against Americans right?

Most have. It's a job requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    Most have. It's a job requirement.

Half of Clinton voters are literally mentally handicapped.

Half of cofc brain cells are missing]
    LOL. That is actually funny you know.
    You post a graphic showing how many people believe what the CIA and FBI says that trump disagrees with, and yet you believe what he says, in spite of multiple investigations proving him wrong.
    The wishcasting is strong in this one. (i.e. that graphic does NOT show what you think, but clearly demonstrates something else entirely!)