Thread: Guess Pope Francis isn't that great

Default Guess Pope Francis isn't that great

Or he's far more liberal them anyone wants. It's ironic that Christians claimed gay marriage is a slippery slope to paedophilia. Yet the biggest advocates are a denomination of Christianity.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7498431.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

It's the vaticans national sport
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

old virgin -at least supposed to be due to priesthood- men would go pedophile, since it is the easiest prey. Or maybe gay, but that would be a secret!

In the early 11th century Pope Benedict VIII responded to the decline in priestly morality by issuing a rule prohibiting the children of priests from inheriting property. A few decades later Pope Gregory VII issued a decree against clerical marriages.
    link

Can the current pope bring back the clerical marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

You people are sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

You people are sick.
    No, the Catholics are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    No, the Catholics are.
    That's not true, some Catholics are though.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

It's hardly just Catholics. In Canada, investigations into abuses at residential schools run by a number of different brands of Christianity have uncovered massive and systemic sexual and physical abuse of children, many of them indigenous.

It seems likely to me that such behaviour would be widespread in just about any such institution.

There are people for who power is an invitation to commit abuses of many kinds, including sexual abuse. Such people, if they can, ususlly try to rise to positions of power.

School teachers and administrators hold positions of power toward children in any case - if they are also religious figures, that adds to their power, for now they are not just in loco parentis, but in loco dei. Those who are susceptible to the corrupting influence of power have ample opportunity to abuse. And because if their position of power and their association with positive images of divinity, they are less likely to be suspected, and more likely to have their denials believed. Particularly if their victims are disadvantaged children.

Nor is it surprising when the churches involved try to ignore, conceal, cover up, and if they are forced to accept the truth, try to deal with the problem internally. No organisation wants to admit there is corruption within, that in fact it arises from the structural basis of the organisation, snd that any member of the organisation, given the right conditions, could be vulnerable.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

It's not just Christians either. The Jews are answering to our institutional abuse royal commission too. And the Salvos. On the face of it, anywhere men have exclusive power over children seems likely to be a problem. All the deviants know what to join. And know they get away with it. The religious groups are, of course, to blame for not stopping it. That doesn't mean the religions are, but it sure means those who run them and have the power over those deviants are. No matter which religion (or organisation).

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    It's not just Christians either. The Jews are answering to our institutional abuse royal commission too. And the Salvos. On the face of it, anywhere men have exclusive power over children seems likely to be a problem. All the deviants know what to join. And know they get away with it. The religious groups are, of course, to blame for not stopping it. That doesn't mean the religions are, but it sure means those who run them and have the power over those deviants are. No matter which religion (or organisation).
    And it is not just men. Women can be and are abusers. Power can corrupt anyone.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

It's not christians, it is also (cover your eyes Rok) muslims as well. The Rotherham incident, where Roks refused to turn the muslims in for sexually assaulting 1,400 children because they believed that muslims do not have "power," and it is racist to point out crimes by muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    It's not christians, it is also (cover your eyes Rok) muslims as well. The Rotherham incident, where Roks refused to turn the muslims in for sexually assaulting 1,400 children because they believed that muslims do not have "power," and it is racist to point out crimes by muslims.
    Totally wrong. I have always said you should punish those who commit the crimes. So, as in my previous post, it's not the religion, it's the abusers and the institutions that enable the abuse that should be punished. Just like I don't think floss should be punished for what a deviant catholic or Jewish priest did in Australia, I don't think any other Muslims should be blamed for what those criminals do. It's not a difficult concept, I don't know why you have so much trouble with it.

it's the abusers and the institutions that enable the abuse that should be punished.
    Hate speech laws and muslim apologists are the institutions that enabled these muslims to sexually assault 1,400 children for years.

Hate speech laws and muslim apologists are the institutions that enabled these muslims to sexually assault 1,400 children for years.
    Dumbing it right down now eh? Enabling means knowing about it happening and doing nothing, even though you have the power to do so. It means moving the abusers from congregation to congregation without having them arrested. If there is anyone in the muslim faith (of any version) doing that, I'm all for having them locked up too. In fact the inciting imams here are getting locked up, and you haven't heard me objecting to that. It's the ones preaching against the abuse and violence I think should have their rights respected. Because I'm NOT the one who is hypocritical here. That would be the ones who think for just one faith, you should prosecute the offending ones and also blame the members of completely different congregations who knew nothing and had no power to do anything about it. Who think you should kick them out of your country because priests in the vatican, australia or some completely different state did something awful.
    I would have locked all the abusing priests, rabis and imams up years ago.

And yes, Mehr it can be women. But usually they are enabling only by silence. Where they have power they might abuse it like anyone else, but in all these institutional structures investigated so far here, they don't really have much power. Which is why I think they are mostly equally archaic.

Enabling means knowing about it happening and doing nothing

it can be women. But usually they are enabling only by silence.
    You specifically know that apologizing for muslims and pushing for hate speech laws, in this case, causes this to not be reported when known. You can lose your job and get thrown in jail for pointing out crimes by people who are so weak and worthless they need to be protected classes.

False. Women are them most common child abuser, whereas men are the most common sexually-based child abuser.

And yes, Mehr it can be women. But usually they are enabling only by silence. Where they have power they might abuse it like anyone else, but in all these institutional structures investigated so far here, they don't really have much power. Which is why I think they are mostly equally archaic.
    Are you familiar with the history of the church-run Magdalene Laundries in Ireland?

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Are you familiar with the history of the church-run Magdalene Laundries in Ireland?
    I am. But this was about sexual abuse. Although that was included in the litany of abuse in those places, it too was usually inflicted by priests.

Rok, you said only men **** before, I'm not sure you should be in this conversation.

I am. But this was about sexual abuse. Although that was included in the litany of abuse in those places, it too was usually inflicted by priests.
    Some semantic confusion, I think. In my original post, I had broadened the topic from sexual abuse by members of religious organisations to abuse in general by such persons.

Women are less likely to abuse children sexually, but some do, and it is not unheard of in religious institutions operated by women.

Women abuse children a lot. You and Rok are sexist and it's disgusting.

Rok, you said only men **** before, I'm not sure you should be in this conversation.
    I've never said only men. But certainly mostly. And yes women do abuse children physically and emotionally. I won't deny that, and given how much time they spend with them, probably as much as or more than men.

But this was about clergy sexually abusing kids. That's massively mostly by men. And covered up by more senior men.

I've never said only men. But certainly mostly. And yes women do abuse children physically and emotionally. I won't deny that, and given how much time they spend with them, probably as much as or more than men.

But this was about clergy sexually abusing kids. That's massively mostly by men. And covered up by more senior men.
    You are right, you said all men ****., I stand corrected.

You are right, you said all men ****., I stand corrected.
    Good heavens, I think you need to ltr.
    Since I live with a few who certainly wouldn't you know that is rubbish. I have said far more than is healthy would, and that teaching them not to have power issues is important matters. So when you post stupid and demeaning comments about swedish women or girls needing to attract men, you add to the problem. Just start treating women like people and you'll be getting there.

Are you denying saying that? Because you have, and while I rarely take you seriously, I didn't take you for an outright liar.

Are you denying saying that? Because you have, and while I rarely take you seriously, I didn't take you for an outright liar.
    Well if the **** means what I assume, of course I didn't say that. Unless it was as a sarcastic response, but even you would recognise that. Why would I say that about my sons?

So since that distraction won't work, let's try another eh? Or would you like to show me some evidence for all those pedo nuns? Of course there were some. Probably in all girl religious schools. But the number won't come close to the men. Now, in case you think I'm relating this to you, unless you are someone in a power position in a religious group with access to kiddies, or have tried to be....step down.

Probably in all girl religious schools.
    You seem to claim it is tied more to homosexuality than it is tied to religion, or sex.

No, you said it. Go to your post history and edit it. You are a liar.

You seem to claim it is tied more to homosexuality than it is tied to religion, or sex.
    No poppet, I said it is tied to power. It has nothing to do with homosexuality.
    No, you said it. Go to your post history and edit it. You are a liar.
    Not sure what you are trying to do, but I'm not wasting my time. You make a claim, you back it up. If you are just trying to wind me up... not working I'm afraid. You say enough dumb stuff I don't need to bite baseless bait.
    Last edited by Rokchick; 01-06-2017 at 02:18 AM.

I said it is tied to power
    So gays have power now?

So gays have power now?
    That would still be "men" or are you claiming that no little girls get molested by clerics?

are you claiming that no little girls get molested by clerics?
    They get molested by nuns you said.

Hmmm, do I continue as if you really are that stupid? Nah, I'm off to the movies.

I'm off to the movies.
    What film?

What film?
    A rogueish one. but it was booked out. Next sitting in just over an hour.

A rogueish one. but it was booked out. Next sitting in just over an hour.
    It is meh.

Near the end it connects nicely with the original ones.

No poppet, I said it is tied to power. It has nothing to do with homosexuality.
    Not sure what you are trying to do, but I'm not wasting my time. You make a claim, you back it up. If you are just trying to wind me up... not working I'm afraid. You say enough dumb stuff I don't need to bite baseless bait.
    I read enough of your **** posts, I'm not reading them twice. You said it, you can deny it now, or claim it was sarcasm if you like, doesn't change the fact that you are lying your *** off about it now. At least when I say something, I stick by it.

I read enough of your **** posts, I'm not reading them twice. You said it, you can deny it now, or claim it was sarcasm if you like, doesn't change the fact that you are lying your *** off about it now. At least when I say something, I stick by it.
    Don't be any more of an idiot than you have to be. You can't even remember what you write, let alone what you think I did. I cant even remember accusing you of it (misogyny, yes), let alone all men.

Lol, like I said, deny it, doesn't change it.