Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you think people should be prosecuted

Default do you think people should be prosecuted

For eating the eggs of Sea Turtles, Eagles, Sturgeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Since the animal is going to extinct and we can almost do nothing about it why do we care? The nature is responsible for extinction, not the people!

just some groups in need for donation money to help endangered species doesn't mean we have to help them live for couple more years. Let them extinct peacefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Where do they get them from? Isn't there an actual crime in there?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Poached is a crime, and buying poached/stolen goods is as well.

But God gave unto us to eat what he hath created!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    But God gave unto us to eat what he hath created!
    with rules like kosher and halal, don't know if there is more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Where do they get them from? Isn't there an actual crime in there?
    From eagles, sea turtles or sturgeon, stay with me here. Yes, it is illegal to collect them.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

From eagles, sea turtles or sturgeon, stay with me here. Yes, it is illegal to collect them.
    Then law enforcement is a must.

But they aren't animals/fish yet, just eggs. Fertilized yes, but just eggs.

But they aren't animals/fish yet, just eggs. Fertilized yes, but just eggs.
    is it a crime to take the eggs? does the act involve harming the parent/s?

it all depends on the issue and legalization. Other than that the act by itself -without the presence of legal issues- is not a problem.

How do you feel about abortion?

I like my eggs scrambled.

Humans are not an endangered species.

With a coat hanger?

With a coat hanger?
    That's awful. But that is the argument. Abortion is preventing the life of a human being from ever begining - which is denying the life of a potential human.

But there are numerous reasons why a parent may decide to have an abortion, and if that option is not available - then those wanting abortions would resort to alternative means which is worse than a clinical setting.

Customer Service Team Dark Tower's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    That's awful. But that is the argument. Abortion is preventing the life of a human being from ever begining - which is denying the life of a potential human.

But there are numerous reasons why a parent may decide to have an abortion, and if that option is not available - then those wanting abortions would resort to alternative means which is worse than a clinical setting.
    Let's keep it a bit more towards the original subject.

If you take away the possibility of new life, they are doomed to go extinct... hence it is forbidden, hence persecutors should be prosecuted.
    The reason why this topic went towards abortion, is probably to try and compare eating eggs to eating unborn foetuses...
    Which would not only make us cannibals, but it also goes against our hardwired nature: to protect our species.

If you take away the possibility of new life, they are doomed to go extinct... hence it is forbidden, hence persecutors should be prosecuted.
    The reason why this topic went towards abortion, is probably to try and compare eating eggs to eating unborn foetuses...
    Which would not only make us cannibals, but it also goes against our hardwired nature: to protect our species.
    Anyways eggs that we eat are unfertilized so they would never bring life to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Anyways eggs that we eat are unfertilized so they would never bring life to anything.
    There's balut.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(food)

Yum?

Yes.

Tell that to the Chinese.
    I'm not very bright.

We are on topic, why are you derailing my thread? If a fetus isn't alive, neither is an egg. Incidentally, I have bought eggs and found them to be fertilized, there is a small white spot in them.

We are on topic, why are you derailing my thread? If a fetus isn't alive, neither is an egg. Incidentally, I have bought eggs and found them to be fertilized, there is a small white spot in them.
    For leftists, science does not exist when the discussion turns to abortion. Life is suddenly defined as how a person feels.

Nope. Your question was about EATING the eggs. Which is, of course not actually the crime. It is collecting them from an endangered species, hence my rejoinder. If it was bait for an abortion discussion, it's pretty thin. I don't plan on eating anything human. Humans are treated differently to animals in very many ways. Some us deserve it too.

Generally no.

Before the soul enters the body I don't see a problem. If the mother would definitely die during birth, also no problem.

You see... human/mammals eggs grow from the outside, edible eggs grow from the inside. "Error 404 comparison is denied."

I don't plan on eating anything human.
    wait ... you didn't consumed your mama milk?

Nope. Your question was about EATING the eggs. Which is, of course not actually the crime. It is collecting them from an endangered species, hence my rejoinder. If it was bait for an abortion discussion, it's pretty thin. I don't plan on eating anything human. Humans are treated differently to animals in very many ways. Some us deserve it too.
    So you value the life of an animal above the life of a human. Duly noted.
    I respect your opinion.

So you're now on favor of discrimination as long as you approve of it? Yet you pretend to be naive of the Republican reasoning?
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    So you're now on favor of discrimination as long as you approve of it? Yet you pretend to be naive of the Republican reasoning?
    I'm happy to discriminate for humans. Also for earthlings when the time comes. I also discriminate for family and self. We all do.

Blazey dear I also value the life and choices of the mother. If you are so desperate to value the life of something that might one day become a person, I sure hope you spill no seed except for procreation purposes. I sure hope you mourne all the spontaneous abortions that are never recorded, discussed, or even known about. Or are their lives worthless too? How about you value the lives of those who actually make it to this world? Or are all those poor, displaced and marginalised lives not worth quite as much as those fertilised eggs you care so much about??

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    For leftists, science does not exist when the discussion turns to abortion. Life is suddenly defined as how a person feels.
    You bring up leftist a whole bunch, usually in a negative connotation. You often protray leftists as dimwitted, hypocritical yahoo ideologues that are unable to comprehend virtues of a rightist utopia. You've labelled Donald Trump as a leftist, if he's a leftist, who isn't?

It seems you define leftist as a person in favor of having a government, and that assumes a rightist, the virtuous part of your spectrum is someone who is against having a government.

That ignores that even without a government, there is still governance, areas that are beyond the control of a government are still governed by whatever entity is in control. America was founded on the principal that government is represented by the will of the people, remove the American government and you will also remove the institutions of voting - unless it is replaced with a system that offers greater public representation.

It seems you define leftist as a person in favor of having a government, and that assumes a rightist, the virtuous part of your spectrum is someone who is against having a government.
    Lack of governmental concept mean the lake of "human society". Law of the jungle would replace government by then!

You've labelled Donald Trump as a leftist, if he's a leftist, who isn't?

That ignores that even without a government, there is still governance, areas that are beyond the control of a government are still governed by whatever entity is in control. America was founded on the principal that government is represented by the will of the people, remove the American government and you will also remove the institutions of voting - unless it is replaced with a system that offers greater public representation.
    David Director Friedman?

The far side of the left is total state control, whereas the far side of the right is no state control. Leftists will then say no, both of them favor state control. If that is the case, they are both on the side of authoritarianism. Generally for that, leftists support removing economic freedom, whereas rightists, as defined by leftists, support removing social freedoms. Both groups are unaware that you need both for actual freedom.

Government and state are different. A government operates under consent of all (that is 100 percent of those who have the ability to consent), whereas a state regulates without consent (current situation). There is no "will of the people" being followed in the U.S., or any other country today.

Consent to govern, however, is not required when it comes to ownership. Actual ownership. If you go into someone's house, there is no consent, by you, required for anything they do. Any rule they have, leaves you with the ability to follow or leave. The ability to leave, also, only exists so long as you do not initiate an act of aggression against that home owner.

David Director Friedman?

The far side of the left is total state control, whereas the far side of the right is no state control. Leftists will then say no, both of them favor state control. If that is the case, they are both on the side of authoritarianism. Generally for that, leftists support removing economic freedom, whereas rightists, as defined by leftists, support removing social freedoms. Both groups are unaware that you need both for actual freedom.

Government and state are different. A government operates under consent of all (that is 100 percent of those who have the ability to consent), whereas a state regulates without consent (current situation). There is no "will of the people" being followed in the U.S., or any other country today.

Consent to govern, however, is not required when it comes to ownership. Actual ownership. If you go into someone's house, there is no consent, by you, required for anything they do. Any rule they have, leaves you with the ability to follow or leave. The ability to leave, also, only exists so long as you do not initiate an act of aggression against that home owner.
    So by your definition, leftists are for total state control. I disagree, I believe the motivation of many on the left is to use the avenue where they have an elected voice, governance, to promote a system that betters their lives and lives of others in their nation.

That is a rather extreme position cofc, the founders of America were in favor of a state government that would have checks and balences, citizen representation along with a charter and court system to prevent absolute authoritarianism.

Economic freedom carries a sort of mythical romantic beauty to it, and there is a nostalgia to return to a time of idealized tranquility when the state not dare interfere with free trade. Only, economic freedom actually led to less freedom for the majority of the population. Examples of extreme economic freedom as practiced historically and present day are societies with high levels of inequality, unregulated economic freedom becomes economic tyranny.

A government doesn't need to operate on the consent of all, governance is whatever entity that asserts control, whereas the system of governance can very greatly. States are granted the ability to regulate, and governors of states are appointed by election i.e. the will of the people. I certainly feel that America should become more democratic, if it was more democratic, predictably workers would have higher wages and Americans wouldn't need to resort to gofundme for healthcare.

Private ownership is a sort of governance, but what limits ownership to only one house? What prevents a person or entity from buying your whole community? What prevents a private owner from determining your wages and how much you pay for your accommodations? Unregulated private ownership quickly leads to actual tyranny.

So by your definition, leftists are for total state control. I disagree, I believe the motivation of many on the left is to use the avenue where they have an elected voice, governance, to promote a system that betters their lives and lives of others in their nation.

That is a rather extreme position cofc, the founders of America were in favor of a state government that would have checks and balences, citizen representation along with a charter and court system to prevent absolute authoritarianism.

Economic freedom carries a sort of mythical romantic beauty to it, and there is a nostalgia to return to a time of idealized tranquility when the state not dare interfere with free trade. Only, economic freedom actually led to less freedom for the majority of the population. Examples of extreme economic freedom as practiced historically and present day are societies with high levels of inequality, unregulated economic freedom becomes economic tyranny.

A government doesn't need to operate on the consent of all, governance is whatever entity that asserts control, whereas the system of governance can very greatly. States are granted the ability to regulate, and governors of states are appointed by election i.e. the will of the people. I certainly feel that America should become more democratic, if it was more democratic, predictably workers would have higher wages and Americans wouldn't need to resort to gofundme for healthcare.

Private ownership is a sort of governance, but what limits ownership to only one house? What prevents a person or entity from buying your whole community? What prevents a private owner from determining your wages and how much you pay for your accommodations? Unregulated private ownership quickly leads to actual tyranny.
    Generally speaking, leftists respond to all situations by saying there needs to be more state. It would "better" the lives of millions to kill criminals, but since you do not actually truly believe your claim, you will disagree.

Authoritarianism lite, is authoritarianism.

Economic freedom cannot take freedom away. Economic authoritarianism will always take away social freedom. I hate to break it to you, but your examples of "economic freedom" are all mixed economy welfare states, which can never be described as "economic freedom."

I am well aware that you, a leftist, do not value consent. What is the difference in 2 sexual assaulters and one woman deciding, by a very democratic 66 percent, that the woman will be sexually assaulted, and a smaller majority percentage picking who runs a country? A state has a monopoly on legal force, there is no granting of that. Obamacare is what leftists picked for healthcare. If you need Gofundme with it around, that is only the fault of leftists.

Ownership has no requirement of people owning only what you personally and subjectively believe they should be allowed to own. Not once have you complained about Bernard Sanders owning three homes. NOT ONCE. Therefore, I know it does not matter to you. Restrictions on ownership is literally tyranny.

I'm wondering what cofc thinks of non-state leftist positions like Anarcho-syndicalism.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I'm wondering what cofc thinks of non-state leftist positions like Anarcho-syndicalism.
    They are leftist in that they support a state, especially one that regulates ownership.

Here is how their claims always go:

1) The ideology is stateless.
    2) Here are the things that require a massive state to accomplish that are part of the ideology.
    3) The ideology is stateless.

As you can see, step one and three are not actually true.

Generally speaking, leftists respond to all situations by saying there needs to be more state. It would "better" the lives of millions to kill criminals, but since you do not actually truly believe your claim, you will disagree.

Authoritarianism lite, is authoritarianism.

Economic freedom cannot take freedom away. Economic authoritarianism will always take away social freedom. I hate to break it to you, but your examples of "economic freedom" are all mixed economy welfare states, which can never be described as "economic freedom."

I am well aware that you, a leftist, do not value consent. What is the difference in 2 sexual assaulters and one woman deciding, by a very democratic 66 percent, that the woman will be sexually assaulted, and a smaller majority percentage picking who runs a country? A state has a monopoly on legal force, there is no granting of that. Obamacare is what leftists picked for healthcare. If you need Gofundme with it around, that is only the fault of leftists.

Ownership has no requirement of people owning only what you personally and subjectively believe they should be allowed to own. Not once have you complained about Bernard Sanders owning three homes. NOT ONCE. Therefore, I know it does not matter to you. Restrictions on ownership is literally tyranny.
    On the topic of crime, the state provides for police, courts, and jails. Those accused of crimes are provided a lawyer to defend them in court, based on evidence of the case, guilt is determined by everyday citizens.

You're free to present an alternative if you feel the system is too authoritarian.

So you have a definition of economic freedom and economic authoritarianism, the former being a pure ideal form and the latter a perverse dystopia. Economic freedom by your definition is predictably no interference by the state at all and only then is there a system of pure freedom. A slight drop of government wage or safety regulations just would ruin the whole thing.

In the hypothetical of sexual assualt, it's still sexual assault, even if the two perpetrators consented to committing the illegal act.

In terms of electing officials into government, the voting population cast their votes for elected offices at local to federal levels. You're free to present an alternative, you just seem to assume that the government is evil. Healthcare in America is a big issue, many are in debt, many pay high insurance rates, and many if the affordable care act is repealed will go uninsured. What happens when that medical debt goes unpaid and the pool of insurance money dries up when millions of young healthy people drop thier plans?

In your opinion, restrictions on ownership is tyranny. Unrestricted ownership would then have no bounds, what prevents a person or entity from buying all the real estate in a city and therefore replace an elected mayor and city council form of governance with unelected family company boardroom?

Bernie Sanders has three homes because he frequents time between Vermont and Washington D.C. , I really don't care if he has three homes. The point is that replacing an elected mayor and city council form of government with an economic freedom model would mean that whoever owns the land makes the rules and the right to vote is replaced with the right to migrate - that's assuming that the owners of the place you would like to migrate to allows immigration.
    Last edited by Summer; 12-31-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Don't pander to him. He uses leftist in place of authoritarian, which is of course, not related. You are more likely to get right wing authoritarianism than left wing. But he wants to be a good little libertarian and paint "the other side" as baddies. But because there's no "other side" in the US, since both left and right want control, he's picked leftist to bait on here. I suspect if he goes onto trumps fanboy sites to troll, he's going to use "conservative" as the baddies (if he's that smart, so maybe not).

WTF are you guys doing? You are ruining my thread about the consumption of unborn babies.

WTF are you guys doing? You are ruining my thread about the consumption of unborn babies.
    human babies? animals egg?

this thread is like youtube, you start with something, then you end somewhere else!

Eggs...there is a dish in Japan called oyakodon, which literally means something along the lines of "mother and child over rice," mother being chicken and child being chicken eggs. It's quite delicious.
    "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost."

I will happily eat unborn babies of chickens, as well as tear the delicious legs of their brothers and eat all of it! Veal and Beef too. Roe and fillets (although not if endangered). Not sure about turtles. If there is ever enough farmed versions I'd try it.

Not going to eat human flesh though.