Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama... Putin... Trump...

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Cali won't last long without the rest of the country to protect it. Canada or Mexico will annex the state.

Most likely the U.S. would annex California back.

We wouldnt, it's not like you guys are the south, we can do without California, and good riddance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

We wouldnt, it's not like you guys are the south, we can do without California, and good riddance.
    America disagrees with you.

I'd rather drop the South and keep California

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Move to California.
    Also, America proved just the opposite by electing Trump.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

The United States would rather drop California than the south.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Move to California.
    Also, America proved just the opposite by electing Trump.
    Well, since more people voted against him...no.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Well, since more people voted against him...no.
    The majority voted against Clinton though.......

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    The majority voted against Clinton though.......
    The majority of idiots maybe. The majority did not vote for Donnie.

The majority of idiots maybe.
    No true scotsman.

The majority voted against Clinton.

brainwashed, are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

No true scotsman.

The majority voted against Clinton.
    You need to find something to disagree with me on. I'm bored. More voted against him. Blazin was wrong.

More voted against him.
    More voted against Clinton. Like her husband, she did not get a majority of the voters. The Clinton's are 0 for 3 when it comes to getting a majority of the voters.

More voted against Clinton. Like her husband, she did not get a majority of the voters. The Clinton's are 0 for 3 when it comes to getting a majority of the voters.
    Clinton won popular vote.

If more individual people vote for 1 person than the other. The one had the most votes was the most voted for. The one that had less votes would have less votes than the one with more votes.

But yes no one had a majority. That still does not mean more people voted against Clinton compared to Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/21/politi...e-final-count/

"The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%), according to revised and certified final election results from all 50 states and the District of Columbia."

Clinton won popular vote.

If more individual people vote for 1 person than the other. The one had the most votes was the most voted for. The one that had less votes would have less votes than the one with more votes.

But yes no one had a majority. That still does not mean more people voted against Clinton compared to Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/21/politi...e-final-count/

"The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%), according to revised and certified final election results from all 50 states and the District of Columbia."
    I do want to congratulate her on winning the competition they were not having.

The United States would rather drop California than the south.
    You're not American, so your opinion on California doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    You're not American
    But I am American.

But I am American.
    Culturally you are not really American. Your views are a bit, foreign.

You're not American, so your opinion on California doesn't matter.
    Rok isn't either but you have yet to tell her to STFU, as far as that goes, you want to secede from the Union, so does your opinion matter?

Rok isn't either but you have yet to tell her to STFU, as far as that goes, you want to secede from the Union, so does your opinion matter?
    Don't like California? Maybe you just don't understand the what the word United in United States means. Don't like to live with other people from other states? You can leave too.

I do want to congratulate her on winning the competition they were not having.
    Enjoy Trump's America then.

Good luck with it.

Good luck with it.
    The best thing about the 2016 election, is that leftists will remember they suddenly support limits to executive power (which they forgot, for some reason, on January 20th, 2009), despise things such as the "nuclear option" that Harry Reid put into practice for the first time ever, and that the senate filibuster/shutting down the government, which was terrorism (as Obama and his ilk literally said) when republicans did it, is the bee's knees again.

It will be a hilarious four years.

Don't like California? Maybe you just don't understand the what the word United in United States means. Don't like to live with other people from other states? You can leave too.
    Why would I leave? I didn't threaten to, California did. Why are you so angry at me, you're the one being a hypocrite. Calm down.

We're the largest population group and economic sector in the US. If CA left the US economy would take a severe hit. We also receive less in federal funding than we provide by a very wide margin (close to 70 cents on the dollar). It would also cause complete dominance of the GOP over the US government, which would lead to a complete and total collapse both politically and economically.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    We're the largest population group and economic sector in the US. If CA left the US economy would take a severe hit. We also receive less in federal funding than we provide by a very wide margin (close to 70 cents on the dollar). It would also cause complete dominance of the GOP over the US government, which would lead to a complete and total collapse both politically and economically.
    Wishcasting.

Nope, we don't need you, the only question is will you be speaking Spanish or french, we will keep Russia from annexing you for our own safety though. However, you will be paying for that section of wall yourselves. It's going to be great.

Nope, we don't need you, the only question is will you be speaking Spanish or french, we will keep Russia from annexing you for our own safety though. However, you will be paying for that section of wall yourselves. It's going to be great.
    I've wanted to secede for quite a while actually. You are apparently on board too, so I guess it's time to go. Also, why the hell would we speak French, literally zero connection there, French is an East Coast thing. Spanish, probably not, but we might go bi-lingual like parts of Canada. Also, you realize that you basically just stated that you'd be keeping us under the protection of the US military umbrella, so that we wouldn't need an actual military. Finally, Russia doesn't have the sea lift logistical capacity to actually invade CA, even if we do have 2 of the 3 largest deep water ports on the West Coast.

French was the best I could do for the northern line on such short notice. That being said, France could probably beat you guys in a war.

It would also cause complete dominance of the GOP over the US government,
    So... status quo, then?

Spanish, probably not, but we might go bi-lingual like parts of Canada.
    So...status quo, then?
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Clinton only wins the popular vote by 2 million. The lead of Clinton in California is much more than that. If you exclude the massive democratic state, Trump leads by 1.8 million.

The electoral college was created so that those populous states can't decide elections, otherwise candidates would only campaign on the coasts and ignore the center of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Clinton only wins the popular vote by 2 million. The lead of Clinton in California is much more than that. If you exclude the massive democratic state, Trump leads by 1.8 million.

The electoral college was created so that those populous states can't decide elections, otherwise candidates would only campaign on the coasts and ignore the center of the country.
    Populous states should decide the election because that is where more people live.

Populous states should decide the election because that is where more people live.
    Don't get confused by democracy! You don't like that.

Sap, there are checks and balances in the other houses. The president should be elected by a simple majority. Your electoral college is a joke.

When legal voting is enforced, maybe we could get rid of the electoral college, but we have to have legal voting to even consider it.

French was the best I could do for the northern line on such short notice. That being said, France could probably beat you guys in a war.
    Once again, they don't have the sea lift capacity to get to us. Also, why would CA ever fight a war against France? Also, the French lost to the GERMANS, that's not exactly surprising, now if you said the Italians would beat us...

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    So... status quo, then?
    Permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    So...status quo, then?
    Not even close, true bi-lingual states teach both languages and then teach all classes in both forcing kids to know both. Whereas most white kids don't know Spanish, I know I don't.

When legal voting is enforced, maybe we could get rid of the electoral college, but we have to have legal voting to even consider it.
    I agree with this actually. When we have a voting machine that we can verify that every vote is properly recorded and counted...

Once again, they don't have the sea lift capacity to get to us. Also, why would CA ever fight a war against France? Also, the French lost to the GERMANS, that's not exactly surprising, now if you said the Italians would beat us...

Permanently.

Not even close, true bi-lingual states teach both languages and then teach all classes in both forcing kids to know both. Whereas most white kids don't know Spanish, I know I don't.

I agree with this actually. When we have a voting machine that we can verify that every vote is properly recorded and counted...
    And legal citizen.

And legal citizen.
    Stop drinking the koolaid. When you get every citizen to vote, yes, you would see a different pattern, but not the one you seem to expect. Most of the citizens who currently don't vote would not vote any form of republican. That's why the GOP work so hard at not letting them vote.

Good luck with it.
    You know, Trump's campaign has said that they tailored their campaign based on electoral votes, just as the Clinton's did. If the Clintons and Trumps were going for just popular vote, you wouldn't have seen either in Iowa or any of the Midwest states.

You can't set the goalposts and rules and when one team wins, cry that the other team achieved something that wasn't even a goal.

Also, Trump's America doesn't seem that bad. He's keeping most of Obamacare, he's not building a fence, he's not prosecuting Hillary, he's not deporting all the illegals (beyond what ICE/DHS already does), he's not banning Muslims (beyond what Obama already does). He's not draining the swamp (sad). He's not doing much of anything, besides giving tax cuts to the super rich, which we see on both sides of the aisle and continuing the status quo.

He also said he doesn't mind what bathroom transgenders use, he won't try to ban gay marriage.

The only social issue, abortion, he hasn't publicly talked about since winning. But I'm not so sure he's against it.
    Last edited by Sapient; 01-11-2017 at 02:39 AM.
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    You know, Trump's campaign has said that they tailored their campaign based on electoral votes, just as the Clinton's did. If the Clintons and Trumps were going for just popular vote, you wouldn't have seen either in Iowa or any of the Midwest states.

You can't set the goalposts and rules and when one team wins, cry that the other team achieved something that wasn't even a goal.

Also, Trump's America doesn't seem that bad. He's keeping most of Obamacare, he's not building a fence, he's not prosecuting Hillary, he's not deporting all the illegals (beyond what ICE/DHS already does), he's not banning Muslims (beyond what Obama already does). He's not draining the swamp (sad). He's not doing much of anything, besides giving tax cuts to the super rich, which we see on both sides of the aisle and continuing the status quo.

He also said he doesn't mind what bathroom transgenders use, he won't try to ban gay marriage.

The only social issue, abortion, he hasn't publicly talked about since winning. But I'm not so sure he's against it.
    So you just elected the biggest liar in history? Yay for you.

So you just elected the biggest liar in history? Yay for you.
    Lol. I said I don't havea horse in that race. You have selective reading comprehension. Also, the leaked emails showed the other candidate as quite the fibber too.

And I'd rather his truths be liberal rather than his lies.
    I'm not very bright.