Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the real problem with racism in America

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    An 85 year old women shouldn't need to buy insurance.
    The law is you have to buy insurance, or you pay a fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    The law is you have to buy insurance, or you pay a fine.
    Not for people that qualify for medicare.

Not for people that qualify for medicare.
    Everyone.

Everyone.
    You're wrong. People who qualify for medicare do not need to buy insurance. An 85 year old woman would likely be covered.

You're wrong. People who qualify for medicare do not need to buy insurance. An 85 year old woman would likely be covered.
    "likely"

"likely"
    The affordable care act expanded medicare, and helps seniors by requiring younger, healthier people to buy insurance. This increases revenue into the insurance pool allowing older Americans access to lower premiums.

Affordable healthcare, is a joke and it hasn't helped anyone, it did a lot more harm then good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Affordable healthcare, is a joke and it hasn't helped anyone, it did a lot more harm then good.
    It expanded and made healthcare accessible to millions of Americans. Without it, more will be uninsured and not only does that mean that millions would lack healthcare, but that also means that less people pay in and makes insurance costs higher.

It also cost a lot of people to lose their insurance, the premiums are set to skyrocket. The poor people already had access to medicaid, and the people who make to much to qualify now have to choose between ****** policies or pay almost a 1000 dollars in fines. Obamacare, not even once.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

It also cost a lot of people to lose their insurance, the premiums are set to skyrocket. The poor people already had access to medicaid, and the people who make to much to qualify now have to choose between ****** policies or pay almost a 1000 dollars in fines. Obamacare, not even once.
    That's actually the fault of the insurance companies, as those old policies were grandfathered in to the law and did not need changing, however the insurance companies decided to dump all those plans and reformulate because they thought they could make more money. Also, if you qualify for the medicaid expansion, you're not required to pay any fine because you are under the income cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    That's actually the fault of the insurance companies
    The insurance companies wrote and passed the democrat-only law?

That's actually the fault of the insurance companies, as those old policies were grandfathered in to the law and did not need changing, however the insurance companies decided to dump all those plans and reformulate because they thought they could make more money. Also, if you qualify for the medicaid expansion, you're not required to pay any fine because you are under the income cap.
    Um, no its the fault of the affordable healthcare being put into place and allowing them to toss policies and people to the trash.

I already said that about medicaid, I was talking about the people who just barely make too much.

Um, no its the fault of the affordable healthcare being put into place and allowing them to toss policies and people to the trash.

I already said that about medicaid, I was talking about the people who just barely make too much.
    Except that they could already do that. They could also refuse coverage for pre-existing conditions (which ACA stopped), it also put a profit cap of 20% on the insurance companies.

OK, except that with the subsidies from the exchange you could get a basic bronze plan for about 10$/mo, also the fines capped out at the yearly national average for a bronze plan premium, finally there aren't any criminal penalties, liens, or levies that are issued, they just take it out of your tax return.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Wow. The bias is strong. I've just had a look at half a dozen sites. Both of you are partly right. Blazin is right in that it seems there is a very small minority (and really, it looks like just anecdotal) low income earners who are worse off. Most are better off, assuming their employers are not evil overlords.

The main things you should be pushing trump to maintain are the ones he seems to agree with anyway. so, as long as he gets his way, and congress doesn't become the evil overlords instead, you might be OK.

Of course, you should really have a proper single pay health system, but you won't get that. Too much rampant market capitalism. Well, you wont until the revolution. And that is where societies that don't fix their economic divide end up. Hopefully not a violent one, but it will be a surprise to some anyway.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Wow. The bias is strong. I've just had a look at half a dozen sites. Both of you are partly right. Blazin is right in that it seems there is a very small minority (and really, it looks like just anecdotal) low income earners who are worse off.
    The big problem is actually that many GOP controlled states refused to expand medicaid coverage, created a donut hole gap that dropped millions of people out of coverage. You also have a lot of really stupid people in this country, like from Kentucky where everyone loved Kynect and hated Obamacare.

The big problem is actually that many GOP controlled states refused to expand medicaid coverage, created a donut hole gap that dropped millions of people out of coverage. You also have a lot of really stupid people in this country, like from Kentucky where everyone loved Kynect and hated Obamacare.
    And the most bizarre thing about all the coverage is how the bias really won't go away. You give people in those states the facts and still they think their pollies are not screwing them.

What is sad, is that you and others believe this. All hail Obama and the DNC.

So which parts of this are wrong?

Just because I believe this (it has the benefit of actually being true), doesn't mean that I somehow approve of everything that Obama has done, or that I have any respect at all for the DNC. Which is the problem with politics in America today, it has become a sport competition, team red versus team blue, one is always wrong and the other is always right. Reality is more complex than that.

Just because I believe this (it has the benefit of actually being true), doesn't mean that I somehow approve of everything that Obama has done, or that I have any respect at all for the DNC. Which is the problem with politics in America today, it has become a sport competition, team red versus team blue, one is always wrong and the other is always right. Reality is more complex than that.
    At least you're beginning to realize you are wrong lol.

At least you're beginning to realize you are wrong lol.
    Exactly where did I say I was wrong? Everything I have said jives with my current positional view of reality.

Somewhere in another post.

Notice how you guys have gone off topic to ignore the rampant racism again?

Notice how you guys have gone off topic to ignore the rampant racism again?
    I thought we had pointed out that what you thought was racism, wasn't at all, and probably just shows the real racism (if you meant the reaction to the assault). And the assault was conducted by some nasty (racist) idiots who will get their just deserts (unlike a lot of the white perps). So, what's your problem? That not all black people are angels? Whoever said they were?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    not all black people are angels? Whoever said they were?
    This explains a lot.