Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama uses last few days in office

Default Obama uses last few days in office

To cause trouble and screw over immigrants. He is like a child destroying toys so the next kid can't play with them. Deploying troops on the Russian border, repealing the wet foot dry foot policy against Cuban nationals. It's disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    To cause trouble and screw over immigrants. He is like a child destroying toys so the next kid can't play with them. Deploying troops on the Russian border, repealing the wet foot dry foot policy against Cuban nationals. It's disgusting.
    Why does it matter where they come from?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Looks like it does, open border to Mexico is OK, allowing Cubans from being able stay that actually have to work to get here, bad.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Looks like it does, open border to Mexico is OK, allowing Cubans from being able stay that actually have to work to get here, bad.
    I didn't realise Mexicans were instantly legal?
    How about Syrians that have to work even harder. Should they get to stay no matter how they get there?

He is like a child destroying toys so the next kid can't play with them.
    He realized at the end of his era that he had done nothing good, so he want to make it impossible for the next one to do something good.

Obama to Trump: "I'll break all the toys, and will make them hard to fix even in 10 years"
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

I'm not for any illegal immigration, but if there are sanctuary cities that can be reached easily and with little effort where they are protected illegally. Have you ever seen the conditions Cubans arrive in? I have, but why so much pity for one group and disdain for the other? Syrians?? You kid right, unless by hard you mean by paying their travel expenses and let them in without background checks?

Why is it ok for Obama to slam the door shut on Cubans, but Not Even In office yet Trump evil for wanting people to enter legally?

Syrians??
    But you wouldn't know for sure if they are actually syrians. Because ISIS/ISIL contains many radicals mercenaries spies all kind of people who are dangerous and can become syrians by illegal means!

How easy is it to buy a fake Syrian passport?

ISIS have created an entire fake passport 'industry' using documents stolen in Iraq, Libya and Syria, warn French officials

I wish he'd done these things years ago.

He finally decided to get some work done, and he might as well, he used up half of Trump's vacation time already.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    I wish he'd done these things years ago.
    You're for the deployment of troops? Interesting....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    I'm not very bright.

Cubans are okay but Mexicans are not?

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Cubans are okay but Mexicans are not?
    Who said that? No one here, the left appears to hold Mexicans in higher regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    You're for the deployment of troops? Interesting....
    I'm for deterring Russian aggression, when it's real. You recognize that the Russians recently invaded and annexed part of a sovereign nation, right? (Ukraine.) If the deployment of troops seems likely to prevent further expansion, then I am for it.

This is entirely different from something like bombing Yemen.

But I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. Are you saying you're against putting forces on the ground where they could be useful, or are you saying something else?

I'm for deterring Russian aggression, when it's real. You recognize that the Russians recently invaded and annexed part of a sovereign nation, right? (Ukraine.) If the deployment of troops seems likely to prevent further expansion, then I am for it.

This is entirely different from something like bombing Yemen.

But I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. Are you saying you're against putting forces on the ground where they could be useful, or are you saying something else?
    The Russians were invited into Ukraine by Ukraine's president.

I'm saying you're walking a fine line. Putting troops in aggressive positioning to get a response is just as offensive as making the first move. Our military should only be used to defend our borders.
    I'm not very bright.

The Russians were invited into Ukraine by Ukraine's president.
    They were invited to annex Crimea?
    I'm saying you're walking a fine line. Putting troops in aggressive positioning to get a response is just as offensive as making the first move.
    That much is true. I wish that the hand on the tiller were going to be a steady one for the next four years, but that ship has sailed.
    Our military should only be used to defend our borders.
    Why? Use of your military to defend your own borders strikes me as a failure. Any country using its military to defend its borders has already failed to do so by all other means.

Militaries have, as far as I can tell, one use and one use only: preventing wars by their existence -- make your army big enough that no one will attack you. That's what a military is for. By extension and in this case, if, say, Lithuania, doesn't have a big enough military to prevent war with Russia, loaning them some of ours strikes me as a valid further use of the military.

But yes, your point above is well taken -- there is a dangerously fine line to walk on there.

They were invited to annex Crimea?
    Yes. https://nypost.com/2014/04/02/ex-ukr...was-wrong/amp/

Why? Use of your military to defend your own borders strikes me as a failure. Any country using its military to defend its borders has already failed to do so by all other means.

Militaries have, as far as I can tell, one use and one use only: preventing wars by their existence -- make your army big enough that no one will attack you. That's what a military is for. By extension and in this case, if, say, Lithuania, doesn't have a big enough military to prevent war with Russia, loaning them some of ours strikes me as a valid further use of the military.

But yes, your point above is well taken -- there is a dangerously fine line to walk on there.
    So by your own comparison, the military is seen just like nuclear weapons. Their image of strength is the deterrent, not their use. Yet you're completely against the use of one, but conditionally for the use of another.
    I'm not very bright.

And if the hand on the tiller were Hillary, we would be invading Afghanistan and Syria within the next few months. I abhor her belligerence.
    I'm not very bright.

Who said that? No one here, the left appears to hold Mexicans in higher regard.
    Trying to understand the comparison.

Do Mexicans get legal status once they are on US soil?

Not sure how the repealing of this policy is bad.

Does this mean that every country you have been asked to send troops to is yours to annex? Wow The US will be huge soon! Not only will you have most of the pacific, you'll have most of the middle east, a lot of asia and chunks of europe as well.

You are mixing issues here. Mind you, I'm not convinced that russian rulers are any worse than he was. At least the russians are openly oligarchical.

Trying to understand the comparison.

Do Mexicans get legal status once they are on US soil?

Not sure how the repealing of this policy is bad.
    He is having trouble with the idea that obama has done something he actually approves of. His confirmational bias is over riding his sense.

I did.

They do in sanctuary cities, that Cubans can't get here as easy because they use driftwood to float over the THE ****IN OCEAN to get here. That being said, why are you so quiet about Obama sealing a border. ALL illegal immigration must be stopped.

I did.

They do in sanctuary cities, that Cubans can't get here as easy because they use driftwood to float over the THE ****IN OCEAN to get here. That being said, why are you so quiet about Obama sealing a border. ALL illegal immigration must be stopped.
    Don't be so dim poppet. He's not sealing a border anymore than any other country can. He is just changing the status of cubans that are uninvited to be the same as any other nationality. Your problem is that you have a land border with mexico and not cuba. Take it up with your particular god.

Besides, I'm not sure your understanding is the same as mine for sanctuary cities. Unless of course you actually have cities where only mexicans are instantly made citizens as soon as they arrive? I thought it was just places that don't put any resources into establishing immigration status if there is no other crime involved. But please enlighten me. There must be a lot of mexicans missing out and would love to know.

Pretty sure I made a point of how easily Mexicans get here, anyone through our souther border. Not the northern border, not the western, the eastern has holes the Obama just plugged. Lol, none of you see the irony, really?

Make America great/white again.
    I'm not very bright.

Pretty sure I made a point of how easily Mexicans get here, anyone through our souther border. Not the northern border, not the western, the eastern has holes the Obama just plugged. Lol, none of you see the irony, really?
    So what? It's just evening the playing field. Or do you think it's actually appropriate to have immigration status determined by how Blazin feels about your homeland?

I did.

#stoptheboats

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

I did.

Its alot cheaper to deny Cubans on a piece of driftwood compared to building an expensive wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Does this mean that every country you have been asked to send troops to is yours to annex?
    if you make a referendum and the people voted, why no?

the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol declared independence then they voted to go back to russia, since the soviets loaned it to ukraine at the USSR era

Thats Trump's idea for no one to miss with the US by having a big army.

Russia would not attack baltics with no reasons. the increase in NATO nations across the Russian border is a plan for WW III, but who will strike first?

Make America great/white again.
    that is impossible. unless you are looking for genocides.

Its alot cheaper to deny Cubans on a piece of driftwood compared to building an expensive wall.
    so you believe it should be harder for one nationality to immigrate than another. Gotcha.

Also, Great Whites are scary, but they provide a service by eating Australians. #GREATWHITESHARKLIVESMATTER

Also, Great Whites are scary, but they provide a service by eating Australians. #GREATWHITESHARKLIVESMATTER
    It makes sense in a twisted kind of way if you adopt either PETA or Rok/PP logic. Save the whales; save the snails; the frog/butterfly/wolf populations are of enormous concern to us. Black babies? ABORT THE **** OUTTA THEM. Just like Trump wants to do with Syrians.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Are you denying that there is a difference between being invited in and annexation? You seem to be holding that because the Ukrainian president asked for help, that the ensuing annexation of the country was legitimate. By this logic, the US can simply annex Europe, legitimately.
    So by your own comparison, the military is seen just like nuclear weapons. Their image of strength is the deterrent, not their use. Yet you're completely against the use of one, but conditionally for the use of another.
    I'm generally against the use of the military in that I am against them being ordered to kill people. Not against them being ordered to go where their guns might frighten off attackers. That's "use" of the military as far as I'm OK with it.

But yes, that's about where I stand.
    And if the hand on the tiller were Hillary, we would be invading Afghanistan and Syria within the next few months. I abhor her belligerence.
    That seems unlikely. But you probably know this. *Shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    It makes sense in a twisted kind of way if you adopt either PETA or Rok/PP logic. Save the whales; save the snails; the frog/butterfly/wolf populations are of enormous concern to us. Black babies? ABORT THE **** OUTTA THEM. Just like Trump wants to do with Syrians.
    Well I'd have to think deeply, but I would probably elect to kill the great white that was attached to your leg if you asked me to.

That seems unlikely. But you probably know this. *Shrug*
    He's obsessed. It's a self protection thing. He can't bear to think he was wrong.
    Sap, get over it. It's over.
    Last edited by Rokchick; 01-14-2017 at 04:52 AM.

so you believe it should be harder for one nationality to immigrate than another. Gotcha.
    Mexicans can still attempt to cross the border and Cubans can swim to Florida still. Both actions are illegal now, Cubans are no longer given an exemption.

Shouldn;t that make you happy?

They both have equal opportunity to immigrate to the US.

Are you denying that there is a difference between being invited in and annexation? You seem to be holding that because the Ukrainian president asked for help, that the ensuing annexation of the country was legitimate. By this logic, the US can simply annex Europe, legitimately.
    so couple points:

Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev transferred Crimea from Russia to Ukraine.

The Ukrainian elected president asked Russia to help after the coup.

On 11 March 2014 Crimea and Sevastopol declared independence.

On 3 April 2014 Crimea and Sevastopol become part of Russia after the people voted to be part of russia.

Well today's Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world, the EU and the US supported coup is failing the country apart.

Be part of Russia or the totally failing Ukraine government, not hard to choose, I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    so couple points:

Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev transferred Crimea from Russia to Ukraine.

The Ukrainian elected president asked Russia to help after the coup.

On 11 March 2014 Crimea and Sevastopol declared independence.

On 3 April 2014 Crimea and Sevastopol become part of Russia after the people voted to be part of russia.

Well today's Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world, the EU and the US supported coup is failing the country apart.

Be part of Russia or the totally failing Ukraine government, not hard to choose, I guess!
    Because Russia soooooo democratic and safe and civilized of course! The problem with any election where the kremlin has a hand is it is not going to show the actual will of the people. They may have voted for Russia if there was no soldiers there but who knows? It was a long way from a clean democratic election.

Well I'd have to think deeply, but I would probably elect to kill the great white that was attached to your leg if you asked me to.
    I highly doubt that most sharks are in the habit of begging me to **** them, then proceeding to beg me to blast my bodily fluids inside them because "I just like the way it feels," and the whole time the shark was off the pill/falsified her charts so that way she'd get pregnant to trap me, and then 6 months later change its mind and decide to kill my son because killing people is how it gets its rocks off.

Yeah. Sharks are that much smarter/better people/less manipulative/less murderous than women. I just went there. Or your analogy blows that hard.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Because Russia soooooo democratic and safe and civilized of course! The problem with any election where the kremlin has a hand is it is not going to show the actual will of the people. They may have voted for Russia if there was no soldiers there but who knows? It was a long way from a clean democratic election.
    polls before referendum were common.

Quarter Yes No Undecided
    2009 Q3 [36] 70% 14% 16%
    2009 Q4 [36] 67% 15% 18%
    2010 Q1 [37] 66% 14% 20%
    2010 Q2 [37] 65% 12% 23%
    2010 Q3 [37] 67% 11% 22%
    2010 Q4 [37] 66% 9% 25%
    2011 Q4 [38] 65.6% 14.2% 20.2%

if you make a referendum and the people voted, why no?

the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol declared independence then they voted to go back to russia, since the soviets loaned it to ukraine at the USSR era

Thats Trump's idea for no one to miss with the US by having a big army.

Russia would not attack baltics with no reasons. the increase in NATO nations across the Russian border is a plan for WW III, but who will strike first?

that is impossible. unless you are looking for genocides.
    Directed eugenics.
    I'm not very bright.

Directed eugenics.
    So you want the Australian -British- method.

So you want the Australian -British- method.
    Yes. Except the Australians aren't very good at doing anything.
    I'm not very bright.