Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 228

Thread: January 23rd, Monday morning and she GONE..

  1. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    However, IMO, I do not believe any of this makes this a great WW team.
    Hence why we have seen months of nonsensical trolling. To distract us from this fundamental truth.

  2. #82
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    We have almost 100 WW feeder villages, the hemon scrolls 5x wall artifact, a WW with all of the infrastructure it needs to build our WW to 100, and we did this all over a month before plans drop.

    Please, I'd love to know how we're supposed to do much more than what we're doing to prepare for endgame.

    You want to speak some truth, LB? Lay it on me, after all, you wrote the guide we've been following (with some adjustments for T4 of course).
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  3. #83

    Default

    Luisss... what's not in the guide you're following?

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    We have almost 100 WW feeder villages, the hemon scrolls 5x wall artifact, a WW with all of the infrastructure it needs to build our WW to 100, and we did this all over a month before plans drop.

    Please, I'd love to know how we're supposed to do much more than what we're doing to prepare for endgame..
    ^^ This reminds me of the "Mushmouth" scene from Boondock Saints, with Luisss playing Rocko, pleading his case..
    Connor and Murphy MacManus of course, are the rest of us who have built/held winning wonders already..

    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  5. #85
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Luisss... what's not in the guide you're following?
    Are either you or Greg going to address my request to explain how we could be doing more?

    With T4 WW villages do not drop, they exist from beginning of the server. So, feeder villages began being setup before the end of 2016, there is also no 1/2 wheat before plans drop so we planned appropriately. A few other odds and ends that make 3.6 WWs different than T4 WWs.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  6. #86

    Default

    Luisss not everything has to be adversarial. Calm down. I'm not going to hand you a blue print to success. You'll insist that you knew it all any way. Sometimes the most effective way to teach is allow the student to discover the answer on their own. With that in mind grasshopper... what's not in the guide?

  7. #87
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    I just described several things that are different in T4 from T3.6. If I was interested in a lesson, I would ask.

    Right now, I'm interested in your accusation that we are somehow not preparing ourselves for endgame in some way, as that directly challenges my work to get GONE ready for WW time. I'll wait for your response on this, and then we can move on to the next topic - differences between T4 WWs and T3.6 WWs.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  8. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I'm interested in your accusation that we are somehow not preparing ourselves for endgame in some way
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    If I was interested in a lesson, I would ask.

  9. #89
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    You say you're interested in substantive discussions and then ignore two requests of mine to have one.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  10. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    We have almost 100 WW feeder villages, the hemon scrolls 5x wall artifact, a WW with all of the infrastructure it needs to build our WW to 100, and we did this all over a month before plans drop.

    Please, I'd love to know how we're supposed to do much more than what we're doing to prepare for endgame.
    Well, a lot of different conversations happening here. But I will respond to this. Everything posted above, that is what should be done by any team looking for a WW win. Every single one of those teams have a bunch of feeders and the infrastructure prebuilt well before plans. For the artifacts, most of the teams I have played with looking for a WW win have had the unique strength, but if we did not, that just means our enemy was looking for a WW win, and they had the unique strength.

    Can you share anything that makes your team the "best" WW prep? Because my argument was not that you have done nothing, but DA said it was the "best". Why? How? What have you done that has never been done before, or done better than any team in the history of travian?

  11. #91
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    Well, a lot of different conversations happening here. But I will respond to this. Everything posted above, that is what should be done by any team looking for a WW win. Every single one of those teams have a bunch of feeders and the infrastructure prebuilt well before plans. For the artifacts, most of the teams I have played with looking for a WW win have had the unique strength, but if we did not, that just means our enemy was looking for a WW win, and they had the unique strength.

    Can you share anything that makes your team the "best" WW prep? Because my argument was not that you have done nothing, but DA said it was the "best". Why? How? What have you done that has never been done before, or done better than any team in the history of travian?
    I do not think with less than 60 players GONE could be the "best" at anything except in amount of fun, interesting, sacrificing players, given historically large server populations.

    I do think we are the best prepared alliance to hold a WW on us1
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  12. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    You say you're interested in substantive discussions and then ignore two requests of mine to have one.
    And you ignored my question. You could have answered almost anything as soooo much is not in the guide. But you don't know the answer and you're afraid to admit it.

    You have always had a rather limited view of the world.

  13. #93
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    And you ignored my question. You could have answered almost anything as soooo much is not in the guide. But you don't know the answer and you're afraid to admit it.

    You have always had a rather limited view of the world.
    What I do not know is the answer you are looking for , nor do I feel particularly inclined to start a new discussion when I've responded to your accusation and you have yet to defend it.

    PS: I did answer the question. I specifically mentioned WW spawns, 1/2 wheat, feeder preparation, etc.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  14. #94

    Default

    I'm not making accusations Luisss. Your persecution complex is flaring up. Calm down. It's ok.

  15. #95
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Another non-response sidestepped into a personal attack. I'll wait for the substance.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  16. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    If this is why you think GONE is "great", then clearly you have to admit that BTDT is even better. However, IMO, I do not believe any of this makes this a great WW team. It just makes them any random team.
    I gave an EXAMPLE of one reason why I enjoy playing in GONE. I didn't say that was the ONLY reason, nor did I say that makes us better than anyone else.

    Reading comprehension fail.

  17. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Another non-response sidestepped into a personal attack. I'll wait for the substance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Reading comprehension fail.
    Back to trolling we go...

  18. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Back to trolling we go...
    Once again, when I see people looking for serious conversation and discontinue throwing out hyperbolic nonsense and deflecting away from pertinent questions, I will discontinue the trolling.

    I haven't seen that yet, so on we go. I can keep this up for a long time. I really don't have much else to do, or I wouldn't be playing this game in the first place.

  19. #99
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    I have three times asked you, Lord Bane... after posting myself about what we"ve done to prepare for our WW... what do you think we are missing? You say we are unprepared. I'm askijg you to provide substance to that accusation, given me providing uou some details.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  20. #100
    Senator Cisalpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sunshine state
    Posts
    3,483

    Default

    LOL Luisssss, you're typing like me when I'm either drunk or have taken my meds. U ok bro?

  21. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I do not think with less than 60 players GONE could be the "best" at anything except in amount of fun
    Wait, what makes the "fun" you're having any better than the "fun" we're having..?

    Is it because your fun is based on leveling a WW up to 100?? Because I can tell you we are having a metric poo ton of fun over in BTDT, and it is less stressful fun at that since we are giving zero eff's about a sandcastle..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  22. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    LOL Luisssss, you're typing like me when I'm either drunk or have taken my meds. U ok bro?
    You're better when you HAVE taken your meds?

  23. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Once again, when I see people looking for serious conversation
    You shouldn't judge the intentions of others. You can step out and press for change or you can coware and complain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    LOL Luisssss, you're typing like me when I'm either drunk or have taken my meds. U ok bro?
    I was thinking the same thing. Might explain his posting tonight. He politely lurked all day but get a drink in him and he's a mean drunk.

  24. #104
    Senator Cisalpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sunshine state
    Posts
    3,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    You're better when you HAVE taken your meds?
    No worse. I have insomnia and when I can't sleep, take the meds and it's like I'm drunk. I don't type so well then. Kinda like Luisssss' typing. He doesn't usually type like that.

  25. #105
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    LOL Luisssss, you're typing like me when I'm either drunk or have taken my meds. U ok bro?
    Typing on my phone due to moving today! When I'm drunk I type way worse, LB can reference my skype logs in general chat lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Wait, what makes the "fun" you're having any better than the "fun" we're having..?

    Is it because your fun is based on leveling a WW up to 100?? Because I can tell you we are having a metric poo ton of fun over in BTDT, and it is less stressful fun at that since we are giving zero eff's about a sandcastle..
    I was using amount of fun to describe the people after the next comma. Perhaps that was my english fail. I dont doubt we are both having the most fun we can .
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  26. #106

    Default

    I'm having the most fun I can.

  27. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    You shouldn't judge the intentions of others. You can step out and press for change or you can coware and complain.
    Fortune cookie philosophy, eh?

    I'm not cowering at all, nor am I complaining. I was in fact responding to your complaining.

  28. #108

    Default

    Meme philosophy

  29. #109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    No worse. I have insomnia and when I can't sleep, take the meds and it's like I'm drunk. I don't type so well then. Kinda like Luisssss' typing. He doesn't usually type like that.
    I have trouble sleeping a lot myself. I just have a lot of trouble shutting my brain down. I sit and start over-analyzing things, even insignificant things that don't matter at all but they are enough at the time to keep me up all hours of the night.

    Never been diagnosed with anything but that's probably because I've never talked to a doctor about anything other than asking if I'm healthy enough for sex.

  30. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I do not think with less than 60 players GONE could be the "best" at anything except in amount of fun, interesting, sacrificing players, given historically large server populations.
    Thank you for actually answering my question. I do not consider your team the best at WW prep either. I would hope you guys are having at least some fun, or you are doing online gaming wrong. I do agree with Greg though, we are having way more fun though

    Moving on to the next topic, I have noticed you have not replied to my comments a few times that the only group remaining with blatant personal insults and trolling is still your team. The above discussion started as follows:

    This is exactly what DA said (I put the full post so no confusion about context):

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    What I will take into future servers:

    1. Be involved in leadership.

    2. WW preparation. Best I've ever seen on any server I've ever played.

    3. Assign small groups of BGs to make it easier to out spies so I can wipe them off of the server.
    So I ask, why is it the best, he says sacrifice, I say that makes no sense - everyone does that, then this is his final comment:

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I gave an EXAMPLE of one reason why I enjoy playing in GONE. I didn't say that was the ONLY reason, nor did I say that makes us better than anyone else.

    Reading comprehension fail.
    So while you and I had what I would hope was a mutually respectful conversation, the only trolls was from your side, with personal insults, yet again.

  31. #111
    Senator Cisalpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sunshine state
    Posts
    3,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I have trouble sleeping a lot myself. I just have a lot of trouble shutting my brain down. I sit and start over-analyzing things, even insignificant things that don't matter at all but they are enough at the time to keep me up all hours of the night.

    Never been diagnosed with anything but that's probably because I've never talked to a doctor about anything other than asking if I'm healthy enough for sex.
    ROTFLMAO. At least you have your priorities straight. Try Melatonin. It helped me at first. All natural. Won't affect your performance.

  32. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Won't affect your performance.
    ..... I get it

  33. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    So while you and I had what I would hope was a mutually respectful conversation, the only trolls was from your side, with personal insults, yet again.
    Are you serious?

    Look, I've tried to be courteous, but you've seriously left me no choice here.

    I'll try to type slow, so you can follow along:

    The statement "reading comprehension fail" was in reference to you suggesting that I said that our alliance was better than BTDT. I never suggested such a thing. I said things that I have learned from our alliance and will take going forward, and one of those things was WW prep. Considering that you guys aren't building one and therefore haven't done any prep, is it really any sort of insult to you personally to suggest that it's the best I've seen?

    Maybe you've seen better. Great. Good for you. It's the best I've seen.

    And regarding sacrifice, you're arguing once again over nothing. I didn't say "we sacrifice and other alliances don't." I simply made the statement that I saw one player rein other players while his cap got wrecked because he was more worried about others.

    Seriously, I've tried to be patient with you, but your posts make absolutely no sense, and stop the whining to Luisss that I'm being mean to you. Stop making ridiculous posts and I'll stop calling you out on it.

  34. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Seriously, I've tried to be patient with you, but your posts make absolutely no sense, and stop the whining to Luisss that I'm being mean to you. Stop making ridiculous posts and I'll stop calling you out on it.
    My reply/post was directed at Luis. He came on and requested that we "be nice to you". We never requested nothing. I am simply pointing out to him that you like to throw personal insults. Even LB called you out on it two pages ago. Others have mentioned the same.

    I mean, I do not care what you do. You are the same guy who offended his own teammates. I would not expect you to avoid trolling the enemy. Try your best. Just don't have your leaders come here asking us to be nice to you. (Yes, once again, GONE members start a topic, I reply to it, and DA complains about why am I talking about it, brutal )

  35. #115
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    My reply/post was directed at Luis. He came on and requested that we "be nice to you". We never requested nothing. I am simply pointing out to him that you like to throw personal insults. Even LB called you out on it two pages ago. Others have mentioned the same.

    I mean, I do not care what you do. You are the same guy who offended his own teammates. I would not expect you to avoid trolling the enemy. Try your best. Just don't have your leaders come here asking us to be nice to you. (Yes, once again, GONE members start a topic, I reply to it, and DA complains about why am I talking about it, brutal )
    Actually, I just asked you all to not troll them and give them a fair shot. I do not expect anyone to be nice on this forum anymore.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  36. #116

    Default

    I didn't ask Luisss to intervene and don't really care if you're mean or nice to me. I treat people how they treat me. If you expect me to sit around while you guys rip everything my alliance does to shreds, insult our leaders, insult our players, insult our integrity, insult our strategy and then not call you out for your ridiculous posts, you're dealing with the wrong guy here.

    I notice your reply didn't address any of my points, which started because of your lack of reading comprehension to begin with.

    Once again, our WW prep is the best I've seen and I'm proud to be an alliance with a bunch of selfless players.

    Glad that we've gotten that straightened out.

  37. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Actually, I just asked you all to not troll them and give them a fair shot. I do not expect anyone to be nice on this forum anymore.
    But surely the trolling requirement is lifted now? Have you not seen enough since your return? I would expect that and "not nice" to almost go hand in hand at this stage.

  38. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I treat people how they treat me.
    You should be nice to everyone. Be more like Bane.

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    insult our leaders, insult our players, insult our integrity, insult our strategy
    • I don't think we've insulted leaders and #FreeLack is a compliment as was my compliment to Zapp.
    • I don't think I've ever insulted your players nor do I remember anyone else doing so.
    • Integrity was and is a valid concern.
    • Strategy... fine... it's the best. It's amazing. It's really going to win this folks. You'll build a WW and make BTDT pay for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Once again, our WW prep is the best I've seen
    This is disappointing. If we finish this server off cordial and you can be less Lulu I will put you on a real team and shown you how it's done. Legitimate offer.

  39. #119
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I have three times asked you, Lord Bane... after posting myself about what we"ve done to prepare for our WW... what do you think we are missing? You say we are unprepared. I'm asking you to provide substance to that accusation, given me providing you some details.
    Still waiting for the substance, LB.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  40. #120

    Meherrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a universe of my own design
    Posts
    4,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post

    One player just got hammered recently because he was more worried about reining other players in the alliance.

    That's the sort of stuff that makes me proud to be in this alliance regardless of the spin and nonsense on this forum.
    Interesting you should mention that. Luisss mocked our account when we chose to do exactly that - leave our cap open in order to defend a villa we felt was more valuable to the alliance as a whole. Maybe it's only praiseworthy when your own people do it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •