Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: January 23rd, Monday morning and she GONE..

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    However, IMO, I do not believe any of this makes this a great WW team.
    Hence why we have seen months of nonsensical trolling. To distract us from this fundamental truth.

We have almost 100 WW feeder villages, the hemon scrolls 5x wall artifact, a WW with all of the infrastructure it needs to build our WW to 100, and we did this all over a month before plans drop.

Please, I'd love to know how we're supposed to do much more than what we're doing to prepare for endgame.

You want to speak some truth, LB? Lay it on me, after all, you wrote the guide we've been following (with some adjustments for T4 of course).
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

Luisss... what's not in the guide you're following?

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    We have almost 100 WW feeder villages, the hemon scrolls 5x wall artifact, a WW with all of the infrastructure it needs to build our WW to 100, and we did this all over a month before plans drop.

Please, I'd love to know how we're supposed to do much more than what we're doing to prepare for endgame..
    ^^ This reminds me of the "Mushmouth" scene from Boondock Saints, with Luisss playing Rocko, pleading his case..
    Connor and Murphy MacManus of course, are the rest of us who have built/held winning wonders already..

s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Luisss... what's not in the guide you're following?
    Are either you or Greg going to address my request to explain how we could be doing more?

With T4 WW villages do not drop, they exist from beginning of the server. So, feeder villages began being setup before the end of 2016, there is also no 1/2 wheat before plans drop so we planned appropriately. A few other odds and ends that make 3.6 WWs different than T4 WWs.

Luisss not everything has to be adversarial. Calm down. I'm not going to hand you a blue print to success. You'll insist that you knew it all any way. Sometimes the most effective way to teach is allow the student to discover the answer on their own. With that in mind grasshopper... what's not in the guide?

I just described several things that are different in T4 from T3.6. If I was interested in a lesson, I would ask.

Right now, I'm interested in your accusation that we are somehow not preparing ourselves for endgame in some way, as that directly challenges my work to get GONE ready for WW time. I'll wait for your response on this, and then we can move on to the next topic - differences between T4 WWs and T3.6 WWs.

I'm interested in your accusation that we are somehow not preparing ourselves for endgame in some way
    If I was interested in a lesson, I would ask.

You say you're interested in substantive discussions and then ignore two requests of mine to have one.

Please, I'd love to know how we're supposed to do much more than what we're doing to prepare for endgame.
    Well, a lot of different conversations happening here. But I will respond to this. Everything posted above, that is what should be done by any team looking for a WW win. Every single one of those teams have a bunch of feeders and the infrastructure prebuilt well before plans. For the artifacts, most of the teams I have played with looking for a WW win have had the unique strength, but if we did not, that just means our enemy was looking for a WW win, and they had the unique strength.

Can you share anything that makes your team the "best" WW prep? Because my argument was not that you have done nothing, but DA said it was the "best". Why? How? What have you done that has never been done before, or done better than any team in the history of travian?

Well, a lot of different conversations happening here. But I will respond to this. Everything posted above, that is what should be done by any team looking for a WW win. Every single one of those teams have a bunch of feeders and the infrastructure prebuilt well before plans. For the artifacts, most of the teams I have played with looking for a WW win have had the unique strength, but if we did not, that just means our enemy was looking for a WW win, and they had the unique strength.

Can you share anything that makes your team the "best" WW prep? Because my argument was not that you have done nothing, but DA said it was the "best". Why? How? What have you done that has never been done before, or done better than any team in the history of travian?
    I do not think with less than 60 players GONE could be the "best" at anything except in amount of fun, interesting, sacrificing players, given historically large server populations.

I do think we are the best prepared alliance to hold a WW on us1

You say you're interested in substantive discussions and then ignore two requests of mine to have one.
    And you ignored my question. You could have answered almost anything as soooo much is not in the guide. But you don't know the answer and you're afraid to admit it.

You have always had a rather limited view of the world.

And you ignored my question. You could have answered almost anything as soooo much is not in the guide. But you don't know the answer and you're afraid to admit it.

You have always had a rather limited view of the world.
    What I do not know is the answer you are looking for , nor do I feel particularly inclined to start a new discussion when I've responded to your accusation and you have yet to defend it.

PS: I did answer the question. I specifically mentioned WW spawns, 1/2 wheat, feeder preparation, etc.

I'm not making accusations Luisss. Your persecution complex is flaring up. Calm down. It's ok.

Another non-response sidestepped into a personal attack. I'll wait for the substance.

If this is why you think GONE is "great", then clearly you have to admit that BTDT is even better. However, IMO, I do not believe any of this makes this a great WW team. It just makes them any random team.
    I gave an EXAMPLE of one reason why I enjoy playing in GONE. I didn't say that was the ONLY reason, nor did I say that makes us better than anyone else.

Reading comprehension fail.

Another non-response sidestepped into a personal attack. I'll wait for the substance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Back to trolling we go...

Back to trolling we go...
    Once again, when I see people looking for serious conversation and discontinue throwing out hyperbolic nonsense and deflecting away from pertinent questions, I will discontinue the trolling.

I haven't seen that yet, so on we go. I can keep this up for a long time. I really don't have much else to do, or I wouldn't be playing this game in the first place.

I have three times asked you, Lord Bane... after posting myself about what we"ve done to prepare for our WW... what do you think we are missing? You say we are unprepared. I'm askijg you to provide substance to that accusation, given me providing uou some details.

LOL Luisssss, you're typing like me when I'm either drunk or have taken my meds. U ok bro?

I do not think with less than 60 players GONE could be the "best" at anything except in amount of fun
    Wait, what makes the "fun" you're having any better than the "fun" we're having..?

Is it because your fun is based on leveling a WW up to 100?? Because I can tell you we are having a metric poo ton of fun over in BTDT, and it is less stressful fun at that since we are giving zero eff's about a sandcastle..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    LOL Luisssss, you're typing like me when I'm either drunk or have taken my meds. U ok bro?
    You're better when you HAVE taken your meds?

Once again, when I see people looking for serious conversation
    You shouldn't judge the intentions of others. You can step out and press for change or you can coware and complain.

I was thinking the same thing. Might explain his posting tonight. He politely lurked all day but get a drink in him and he's a mean drunk.

You're better when you HAVE taken your meds?
    No worse. I have insomnia and when I can't sleep, take the meds and it's like I'm drunk. I don't type so well then. Kinda like Luisssss' typing. He doesn't usually type like that.

Typing on my phone due to moving today! When I'm drunk I type way worse, LB can reference my skype logs in general chat lol.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Wait, what makes the "fun" you're having any better than the "fun" we're having..?

Is it because your fun is based on leveling a WW up to 100?? Because I can tell you we are having a metric poo ton of fun over in BTDT, and it is less stressful fun at that since we are giving zero eff's about a sandcastle..
    I was using amount of fun to describe the people after the next comma. Perhaps that was my english fail. I dont doubt we are both having the most fun we can .

I'm having the most fun I can.

You shouldn't judge the intentions of others. You can step out and press for change or you can coware and complain.
    Fortune cookie philosophy, eh?

I'm not cowering at all, nor am I complaining. I was in fact responding to your complaining.

Meme philosophy

No worse. I have insomnia and when I can't sleep, take the meds and it's like I'm drunk. I don't type so well then. Kinda like Luisssss' typing. He doesn't usually type like that.
    I have trouble sleeping a lot myself. I just have a lot of trouble shutting my brain down. I sit and start over-analyzing things, even insignificant things that don't matter at all but they are enough at the time to keep me up all hours of the night.

Never been diagnosed with anything but that's probably because I've never talked to a doctor about anything other than asking if I'm healthy enough for sex.

I do not think with less than 60 players GONE could be the "best" at anything except in amount of fun, interesting, sacrificing players, given historically large server populations.
    Thank you for actually answering my question. I do not consider your team the best at WW prep either. I would hope you guys are having at least some fun, or you are doing online gaming wrong. I do agree with Greg though, we are having way more fun though

Moving on to the next topic, I have noticed you have not replied to my comments a few times that the only group remaining with blatant personal insults and trolling is still your team. The above discussion started as follows:

This is exactly what DA said (I put the full post so no confusion about context):

What I will take into future servers:

1. Be involved in leadership.

2. WW preparation. Best I've ever seen on any server I've ever played.

3. Assign small groups of BGs to make it easier to out spies so I can wipe them off of the server.
    So I ask, why is it the best, he says sacrifice, I say that makes no sense - everyone does that, then this is his final comment:

I gave an EXAMPLE of one reason why I enjoy playing in GONE. I didn't say that was the ONLY reason, nor did I say that makes us better than anyone else.

So while you and I had what I would hope was a mutually respectful conversation, the only trolls was from your side, with personal insults, yet again.

I have trouble sleeping a lot myself. I just have a lot of trouble shutting my brain down. I sit and start over-analyzing things, even insignificant things that don't matter at all but they are enough at the time to keep me up all hours of the night.

Never been diagnosed with anything but that's probably because I've never talked to a doctor about anything other than asking if I'm healthy enough for sex.
    ROTFLMAO. At least you have your priorities straight. Try Melatonin. It helped me at first. All natural. Won't affect your performance.

Won't affect your performance.
    ..... I get it

So while you and I had what I would hope was a mutually respectful conversation, the only trolls was from your side, with personal insults, yet again.
    Are you serious?

Look, I've tried to be courteous, but you've seriously left me no choice here.

I'll try to type slow, so you can follow along:

The statement "reading comprehension fail" was in reference to you suggesting that I said that our alliance was better than BTDT. I never suggested such a thing. I said things that I have learned from our alliance and will take going forward, and one of those things was WW prep. Considering that you guys aren't building one and therefore haven't done any prep, is it really any sort of insult to you personally to suggest that it's the best I've seen?

Maybe you've seen better. Great. Good for you. It's the best I've seen.

And regarding sacrifice, you're arguing once again over nothing. I didn't say "we sacrifice and other alliances don't." I simply made the statement that I saw one player rein other players while his cap got wrecked because he was more worried about others.

Seriously, I've tried to be patient with you, but your posts make absolutely no sense, and stop the whining to Luisss that I'm being mean to you. Stop making ridiculous posts and I'll stop calling you out on it.

Seriously, I've tried to be patient with you, but your posts make absolutely no sense, and stop the whining to Luisss that I'm being mean to you. Stop making ridiculous posts and I'll stop calling you out on it.
    My reply/post was directed at Luis. He came on and requested that we "be nice to you". We never requested nothing. I am simply pointing out to him that you like to throw personal insults. Even LB called you out on it two pages ago. Others have mentioned the same.

I mean, I do not care what you do. You are the same guy who offended his own teammates. I would not expect you to avoid trolling the enemy. Try your best. Just don't have your leaders come here asking us to be nice to you. (Yes, once again, GONE members start a topic, I reply to it, and DA complains about why am I talking about it, brutal )

My reply/post was directed at Luis. He came on and requested that we "be nice to you". We never requested nothing. I am simply pointing out to him that you like to throw personal insults. Even LB called you out on it two pages ago. Others have mentioned the same.

I mean, I do not care what you do. You are the same guy who offended his own teammates. I would not expect you to avoid trolling the enemy. Try your best. Just don't have your leaders come here asking us to be nice to you. (Yes, once again, GONE members start a topic, I reply to it, and DA complains about why am I talking about it, brutal )
    Actually, I just asked you all to not troll them and give them a fair shot. I do not expect anyone to be nice on this forum anymore.

I didn't ask Luisss to intervene and don't really care if you're mean or nice to me. I treat people how they treat me. If you expect me to sit around while you guys rip everything my alliance does to shreds, insult our leaders, insult our players, insult our integrity, insult our strategy and then not call you out for your ridiculous posts, you're dealing with the wrong guy here.

I notice your reply didn't address any of my points, which started because of your lack of reading comprehension to begin with.

Once again, our WW prep is the best I've seen and I'm proud to be an alliance with a bunch of selfless players.

Glad that we've gotten that straightened out.

Actually, I just asked you all to not troll them and give them a fair shot. I do not expect anyone to be nice on this forum anymore.
    But surely the trolling requirement is lifted now? Have you not seen enough since your return? I would expect that and "not nice" to almost go hand in hand at this stage.

I treat people how they treat me.
    You should be nice to everyone. Be more like Bane.

insult our leaders, insult our players, insult our integrity, insult our strategy
    • I don't think we've insulted leaders and #FreeLack is a compliment as was my compliment to Zapp.
    • I don't think I've ever insulted your players nor do I remember anyone else doing so.
    • Integrity was and is a valid concern.
    • Strategy... fine... it's the best. It's amazing. It's really going to win this folks. You'll build a WW and make BTDT pay for it.

Once again, our WW prep is the best I've seen
    This is disappointing. If we finish this server off cordial and you can be less Lulu I will put you on a real team and shown you how it's done. Legitimate offer.

I have three times asked you, Lord Bane... after posting myself about what we"ve done to prepare for our WW... what do you think we are missing? You say we are unprepared. I'm asking you to provide substance to that accusation, given me providing you some details.
    Still waiting for the substance, LB.

One player just got hammered recently because he was more worried about reining other players in the alliance.

That's the sort of stuff that makes me proud to be in this alliance regardless of the spin and nonsense on this forum.
    Interesting you should mention that. Luisss mocked our account when we chose to do exactly that - leave our cap open in order to defend a villa we felt was more valuable to the alliance as a whole. Maybe it's only praiseworthy when your own people do it?