Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 321 to 360 of 416

Thread: Substantive Discussions

  1. #321
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I think based on your nonstop insult-filled tirades, it's probably best if we just ignore each other from here on out.

    I pretty much think that you're a complete and total toolbox, and the last thing that I'm going to do is converse with someone who doesn't add anything more to the conversation than juvenile nonsense.

    Have a good night.
    Right, so you don't have anything of substance to say, so instead of responding to any of the points that I've made (and to be fair, there's no possible response favorable to you) you choose to resort to the very same personal attacks that you condemn in the previous sentence.

    Welp, nice to know some things never change.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  2. #322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Right, so you don't have anything of substance to say, so instead of responding to any of the points that I've made (and to be fair, there's no possible response favorable to you) you choose to resort to the very same personal attacks that you condemn in the previous sentence.

    Welp, nice to know some things never change.
    What's the point? You claim that I'm some public relations problem and then refer to me as a "dumb ************" and you expect some sort of serious response?

    Pretty much every post that you've ever addressed towards me has been nothing more than a hate-filled tirade of juvenile stupidity, and you expect me to respond to that with kindness and substance?

    Mmmkay.

  3. #323
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    What's the point? You claim that I'm some public relations problem and then refer to me as a "dumb ************" and you expect some sort of serious response?
    That's because you are. Compared to every other GONE person on here, including Luis, you're basically their Rottweiler. You verbally attack everyone that disagrees with you and then get unbelievably, disproportionately pissy when anyone responds to you in kind.

    Context. If you were in on the IP "joking around" then yes, I absolutely called you a dumb ************. Everyone else that was in on it too. If you weren't then no, don't get unnecessarily def defensive (read: PR problem)

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Pretty much every post that you've ever addressed towards me has been nothing more than a hate-filled tirade of juvenile stupidity,
    And what do you call your posts?

    Let's start with the segment right ^ there.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  4. #324
    Senator Cisalpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sunshine state
    Posts
    3,483

    Default

    On the prison thing...y'all should watch 60 days in. ****. That's such a cushy place, I almost want to commit a crime. 60 days of drama and relaxation in exchange for 60 days of drama, housework, laundry, being a taxi, cooking and everything else I have to do. I could chill in my cell and catch up on all my reading. It's ridiculous how very little "punishment" they receive.

  5. #325

    Meherrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a universe of my own design
    Posts
    4,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    On the prison thing...y'all should watch 60 days in. ****. That's such a cushy place, I almost want to commit a crime. 60 days of drama and relaxation in exchange for 60 days of drama, housework, laundry, being a taxi, cooking and everything else I have to do. I could chill in my cell and catch up on all my reading. It's ridiculous how very little "punishment" they receive.
    The longterm problem is that for a large proportion of the prison population, punishment does nothing to keep the inmate out of prison once their sentence is complete. Some inmates cannot be rehabilitated, but the experience of other countries and of experiments in things like alternative sentencing suggests that most can. Rehabilitation means that in the long run, you save money because the person is no longer being housed at public expense, but is in fact working, contributing to society, paying taxes, being productive.

    But fir that to work, society has to make a commitment to the idea of rehabilitation - from paying more in the short run to create conditions in prison that enable the inmate to become a person who wants to be productive, and has the skills to do so, to making it possible for a person who has served their sentence to find housing, get work, and integrate into the community. You have to give up the attachment to punishment, and adopt a philosophy of healing.

    Some people may never be able to re-enter society safely - largely people whose crimes arise out of untreatable psychopathy - but most can. The key is actually wanting to see them rehabilitated, and creating a society where they can be re-integrated.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

  6. #326
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Indeed that last part is important. Privacy laws in the US are also to blame. Here you are not allowed to ask about criminal records when employing people (unless the person needs security clearance) which means that once they have "paid their debt" they are properly free. Not condemned for life like they are in the US.

  7. #327
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    But fir that to work, society has to make a commitment to the idea of rehabilitation - from paying more in the short run to create conditions in prison that enable the inmate to become a person who wants to be productive, and has the skills to do so, to making it possible for a person who has served their sentence to find housing, get work, and integrate into the community. You have to give up the attachment to punishment, and adopt a philosophy of healing.
    We have this, admittedly only to an extent. I work for a facility that deals with clients that come directly from jail to here, where they are given psychotherapy, treatment, an offsite job if they need and can handle it where the money they earn from that is truly theirs (minus any restitution, if applicable), a room to themselves, 3 squares, and support staff whose job it is to teach them life skills (housework/budgeting + anything else they're interested in). It's been almost universally a good experience.

    But you are entirely correct in your critique of the prison system in the U.S. I think that what we offer them after jail should be what is offered them in jail. It isn't. The vast majority of our clients consider our place heaven. And what we offer them should be offered to other clients as well (we take on almost exclusively drug-related cases).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Indeed that last part is important. Privacy laws in the US are also to blame. Here you are not allowed to ask about criminal records when employing people (unless the person needs security clearance) which means that once they have "paid their debt" they are properly free. Not condemned for life like they are in the US.
    There are programs out there that enable them to get a job after treatment. Basically what happens is, we vouch for them, they get a job that they work at for a couple years while they pick up the pieces of their lives, and then if they're able to hack it on the outside they end up with a good employment record for a couple years. It generally works quite well. One guy I've worked with is now an engineer. So it can work out. What it really depends on is what they're willing to invest into it.

    But you are right in that we need to do a better job as a country.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  8. #328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I didn't.......
    I asked........
    which cannot possibly be......
    Your sentence structures never change..



    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Or do you count when a hammer splats? Because both Al Bundy and 15npreggo splatted as did Ironhide of KCCO when you chiefed Dire Doggo's hammer
    Umm, no.. I splatted my mini on Snett.. You must be mis-remembering things again..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  9. #329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    That's because you are. Compared to every other GONE person on here, including Luis, you're basically their Rottweiler. You verbally attack everyone that disagrees with you and then get unbelievably, disproportionately pissy when anyone responds to you in kind.

    Context. If you were in on the IP "joking around" then yes, I absolutely called you a dumb ************. Everyone else that was in on it too. If you weren't then no, don't get unnecessarily def defensive (read: PR problem)
    Nonsense. I have some pretty good friendships with several players with BTDT who don't view me in the same manner as you do at all.

    Second, I don't filter what I say in real-life and won't do it here either, and I certainly won't do it in a Skype alliance chat that is intended to be private. If you (or other players in BTDT) don't like what I say on there, my suggestion would be instead of going into passive-aggressive meltdown mode on the forums, just simply stop reading it.

    I intentionally troll you guys in our Skype chat because I know that you're reading it, and I don't believe that you should be.

    If that makes me a PR problem, whatever. I've yet to hear a member from leadership tell me that I'm any sort of problem, and in fact you're the only person that's ever laid that accusation at me. Until anyone from my leadership group tells me that I shouldn't troll you guys in our Skype chat, I have absolutely no reason to take your accusation seriously and just brush it off as one guy that doesn't like me.

    How will I ever make it through the day?

  10. #330
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    But you are right in that we need to do a better job as a country.
    It all seems so... wishy washy. Like there's someone that's gotten a good idea and then it has been killed off by committees.

    But that's also the way that I experience American companies whilst working with them, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

  11. #331
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Second, I don't filter what I say in real-life and won't do it here either, and I certainly won't do it in a Skype alliance chat that is intended to be private. If you (or other players in BTDT) don't like what I say on there, my suggestion would be instead of going into passive-aggressive meltdown mode on the forums, just simply stop reading it.

    I intentionally troll you guys in our Skype chat because I know that you're reading it, and I don't believe that you should be.
    Um...Did you intend to respond to me, there? I don't read your Skype. I don't even have Skype (or any other IM program) installed on this computer, which is the only one I own. I have stated this multiple times and the fact that you guys don't seem to comprehend that makes a lot of your statements ironic.

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    If that makes me a PR problem, whatever. I've yet to hear a member from leadership tell me that I'm any sort of problem, and in fact you're the only person that's ever laid that accusation at me.
    No, I consider you a PR problem because you constantly condemn others on here for being "juvenile" or "idiots" while engaging in that behavior, often in the very same post. You are easily the most sarcastic person currently on these boards and that is the lowest form of wit.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  12. #332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I intentionally troll you guys in our Skype chat because I know that you're reading it, and I don't believe that you should be.
    In seriousness, why not?

    I have provided you real evidence that Enyalois (who I believe is Zapp) tried to use spies on this very server. The only counter argument I got was, "but leadership didn't tell him". I also have recently stated that you have a member who tried to bully a tiny player into spying for him.

    Not our fault your team's attempts at putting in spies has failed (and those are just the two I saw, who knows what else you guys have tried)

  13. #333
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    It all seems so... wishy washy. Like there's someone that's gotten a good idea and then it has been killed off by committees.
    I think that that is part of it, yes...But I think the major problem in respect to prisons is that it is not at all a standardized system. Each county jail more or less runs itself, state prisons even more so. There have been some moves in the right direction (PREA, stopping prison noncon sex) but for the most part wardens are lords in their own little fiefdom. That's why you get some prisons that are absolute hell to live in for anyone that's not affiliated with whatever gang is in charge while there are other prisons that are exactly as Cis described the one in that show.

    Consider for example the jail that Joe Arpaio was running down in Arizona versus Otisville, where Bernie Madoff got sent. It's ridiculous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    But that's also the way that I experience American companies whilst working with them, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
    Absolutely. I cannot possibly agree with you more here, man. Part of my job is dealing with large companies (especially manufacturing) and advocating for our clients, trying to get people jobs etc especially when a lot of these companies are constantly hiring. Communicating and working with them is a pain in the *** and you just nailed the reason why.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  14. #334

    Default

    As for crime/justice system talk, I personally believe that politicians/judges/prosecutors worry way too much about public perception and padding their resumes than they should, and by public perception I mean the notion that they are tough on crime.

    Violent crime has actually been on a steady and rapid decline for around two decades in the US. IMO the largest reason why we have the number of people in prisons is because of the nonsensical war on drugs inflating the numbers. Unfortunately as with anything else you have to follow the money trail to see why the war on drugs is still going on despite being a complete and total failure. Sure they might make some arrests and have a big sting operation that looks great for the sheeple watching on TV that they're doing so much, but at the end of the day until governments can figure out a way to make more money off of drugs being legal instead of illegal it won't happen.

    Counties beg for money from the states and states beg for it from the feds. The feds tell the states and counties to make more drug arrests to "clean up the streets" and the counties do what they have to do to get paid. Plus there are scores of police officers, prosecutors, public defenders, prison guards, probation and parole officers, judges, defense attorneys, and other members of local governments that have their livelihoods at stake and the last thing they want to see is for the war on drugs to end.

  15. #335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    In seriousness, why not?

    I have provided you real evidence that Enyalois (who I believe is Zapp) tried to use spies on this very server. The only counter argument I got was, "but leadership didn't tell him". I also have recently stated that you have a member who tried to bully a tiny player into spying for him.

    Not our fault your team's attempts at putting in spies has failed (and those are just the two I saw, who knows what else you guys have tried)
    ^^ This..

    We have never asked anyone to share intel with us, we simply don't refuse it when it is freely given.. Their justification of "but leadership didn't tell him" is the same thing, no ??

    Either way, instead of blasting us for receiving the info, they should be looking inward as to why "teammates" would want to share it..

    Typically the neighbor who complains about someone else's house is the one who needs to clean his own yard up, the most..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  16. #336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Um...Did you intend to respond to me, there? I don't read your Skype. I don't even have Skype (or any other IM program) installed on this computer, which is the only one I own. I have stated this multiple times and the fact that you guys don't seem to comprehend that makes a lot of your statements ironic.
    Try to follow along. The entire issue of IP tracking came about because members of BTDT have access to our Skype chat where a couple of others were discussing it. Then after it was brought up here by a few members of BTDT, I began to troll the issue in our Skype chat as a joke. No, I don't feel bad about doing it, because it was a joke.

    In short, you having Skype or not as nothing to do with the IP tracking issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    No, I consider you a PR problem because you constantly condemn others on here for being "juvenile" or "idiots" while engaging in that behavior, often in the very same post. You are easily the most sarcastic person currently on these boards and that is the lowest form of wit.
    Sort of like you saying that I'm a "dumb ************" or that my sarcasm is the lowest form of wit? I'll take hypocrisy for $100, Alex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    Not our fault your team's attempts at putting in spies has failed (and those are just the two I saw, who knows what else you guys have tried)
    I haven't tried anything. I think I've been very vocal and consistent here with my disdain for cheating and spies, and there isn't a person around anywhere that could provide any proof whatsoever that I have ever attempted to because it just simply does not exist nor will it ever.

    That said, I've also been told repeatedly that spies are just a part of the game, so if other players in my alliance wish to go down that road, that's on them. They will be doing it without my approval, not that my approval really means anything or is required, of course.

  17. #337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Either way, instead of blasting us for receiving the info, they should be looking inward as to why "teammates" would want to share it..
    I'm not blasting anybody for receiving the info. All that I'm saying here is that highlighting a member of my alliance that attempted to turn somebody into a spy or tried to get into another alliance as a spy account is not a "gotcha" on me.

    I didn't do it nor endorse it.

  18. #338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I didn't do it nor endorse it.
    Where did I ever say "DA is using spies". I said your alliance (GONE) is trying to use spies.

    But to add to that, IMHO, you may claim to be against it, but if you just turn your back to it when it is being done, you are not "against it." You are not doing it nor endorsing it, but to claim to be against it is a huge stretch.

    For example, if everybody on your team uses a bot, but you alone did not, would it be wrong to say "GONE is botting", because DA alone does not do it. I do not feel that would be accurate. You may feel otherwise obviously, but clearly your team is involved in all these tactics that they claim to frown upon on the forums

    Just want to add at the bottom, not saying GONE is botting, it was just an example. Don't freak out Luis.

  19. #339
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Try to follow along. The entire issue of IP tracking came about because members of BTDT have access to our Skype chat where a couple of others were discussing it. Then after it was brought up here by a few members of BTDT, I began to troll the issue in our Skype chat as a joke. No, I don't feel bad about doing it, because it was a joke.
    First of all. You responded to my post with a big ol rant about Skype and how I and others are jerks for having access to your chatrooms. In context your reply seemed out of sync with mine because it had almost nothing to do with the central point I was making.

    In any case, here's my days-old reply to that sentiment:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    As for the "criminal" actions. You guys discussed doing that in your Skype and LB found out about it. At that point it doesn't really matter much if it was a "joke" or not. In a world filled with Adblock, Tor, NoScript, net neutrality debates, hacking, ransomware, Edward Snowden etc etc etc, that's definitely not one of those things that's ok to joke about. Hopefully you guys have learned from that experience, but that's not really anyone's fault or responsibility but yours. Take ownership for your screwups and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Sort of like you saying that I'm a "dumb ************" or that my sarcasm is the lowest form of wit? I'll take hypocrisy for $100, Alex.
    I'm not the one pretending to take the high road, being more intelligent than the majority of other people or more mature.

    I'm a forum brawler. I don't pretend to be better than anyone else here. You do. I write posts that slam other people when they deserve it; I kick people in the ego and don't expect or demand anything better in return. You do. You expect yourself and others to be treated with kid gloves when they act like they're straight out of a hee-haw factory, deliberately "trolling" others about stalking them in real life via their IP. It's not cute, funny, or even legal to anyone but you and the children you associate yourself with.

    For what it's worth, you're part of a select group of 4 people that I've derped for immaturity in 8 years.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  20. #340
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    while there are other prisons that are exactly as Cis described the one in that show.
    Pretty much all of our jails are like that. And treating people like humans rather than animals really does seem to work.

  21. #341
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Sort of like you saying that I'm a "dumb ************" or that my sarcasm is the lowest form of wit? I'll take hypocrisy for $100, Alex.
    You're missing the point where you're the one that is whining about it and Lurk is the one that is calling you out for that hypocrisy. He doesn't really care (from what I can tell) but you really are very abrasive and most certainly a PR problem for your team.

  22. #342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    I'm a forum brawler. I don't pretend to be better than anyone else here.
    And you're terrible at it. Here's to hoping that someday you'll find something you're good at.

  23. #343
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    And you're terrible at it. Here's to hoping that someday you'll find something you're good at.
    He's gotten you all pissy again today....

  24. #344
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    And you're terrible at it. Here's to hoping that someday you'll find something you're good at.
    Oh, what a gem. Turns out we've been down that road too:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    You're deliberately missing the point. When you can respond to the point like an adult, I'll answer the question.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  25. #345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    You're missing the point where you're the one that is whining about it and Lurk is the one that is calling you out for that hypocrisy. He doesn't really care (from what I can tell) but you really are very abrasive and most certainly a PR problem for your team.
    I'm not whining about anything. The guy just admitted that he's a forum brawler that's basically here to kick my ego and put me in my place or whatever other keyboard warrior stuff he posted.

    As for the PR stuff, I fail to understand this at all. This is a game. People have trashed our alliance the entire server up to and including leadership, and then these same people claim that I'm a PR nightmare because I dared showed up here and stuck up for my teammates and myself? Get real and get over yourselves.

    People talk about how they want substantive conversations but all I see is nonstop whining and crying about botting, IP tracking, spying, and latest seems to be throwing a hissy fit over me calling out the nonsense.

  26. #346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    He's gotten you all pissy again today....
    I'm too busy shaking in my boots from the big bad Lurk and the ego-kicking he's going to give me.

  27. #347

    Arrow tl;dr: Chill out boys and girls, play nice ;)

    Dear Lurk, Jason...Everyone actually...

    Is this any way to behave? So many opportunities to move on, so many chances to stop being ******** towards one another...

    This thread started so nicely. Look at where we are at now. If anything this last month showed us is that we are all capable of participating in a reasonable discussion. A discussion without backlash, insults and general jerk behavior. I've been catching up on the recent trends on this embassy, and honestly while I did see some substantive discussion as well as some good humor , what generally stands out is the old ways of backlash, accusations, insults and unending hatred.

    Now I guess there is a wall of text forming in my post so I believe it's time to make some sort of point to all of this. I'm gonna parse a quote that I said to one of BTDT members. Slightly edited and expanded, as I've made some mistakes and skipped something when editing the igm:

    "Just because we are playing on the opposite sides, doesn't mean we have to hate each other, we're all just regular people standing behind our electronic devices, and sometimes we forget that."

    Now I'm sure some will be eager to bring up the history, point out how examples how GONE wasn't "playing nicely" on the forums, and believe it or not - I get that. To be absolutely honest I haven't been a saint myself. Point is - what has happened, has already happened.

    Is GONE guilty of fueling the fire? YES
    Is BTDT guilty of the same thing? YES
    Can we change what was said or done? NO
    Have we gone so far that there is no redemption for any of us (NO PUNS INTENDED) ? Probably not, but we are getting there and I really wish it doesn't come to that.

    I hope you can see what I'm trying to say, I know it's a lot of things I posted here of which not all are directly related to each other, it's hard to put it all together, maybe I should have gone a slower path. Oh well. Feel free to comment, I'm always up for a civil discussion.

    Last but not least, I will leave those questions for everyone else to answer, not necessarily here, rhetorical should be okay as well:
    Can we move on, cease the fire and break; the unending cycle of hatred?
    Can we respect our opposition?
    Can we finally understand that behind every persona here is a real person with his/her own opinions, values and perspective?

  28. #348
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    As for the PR stuff, I fail to understand this at all. This is a game. People have trashed our alliance the entire server up to and including leadership, and then these same people claim that I'm a PR nightmare because I dared showed up here and stuck up for my teammates and myself? Get real and get over yourselves. .
    There is a difference between "sticking up" for your teammates and engaging in the exact behavior that you pretend to despise.

    When you're able to understand that, let me know and we can talk about how to be more positive. But unless you're able to grasp the difference between your behavior and what you claim your behavior is, I don't see how you can be helped.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  29. #349
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SupremeAdmiral View Post
    Obviously I don't think people should be convicted of crimes without proof... all I said was that your reply was typical of somebody in your line of work when they themselves don't have sufficient evidence to immediately refute the claim.



    No, I don't count those. If you'll recall, I had said:



    I did not dispatch those hammers.
    Ok, so you don't believe that accusers should be able to convict people without proof, but then you say I, for some reason should be the one to provide evidence to dispel other people's accusations instead of the other way around? You do realize that is how it works for "people in my line of work"?

    As for the hammer thing, ok. So you're saying you only lost one hammer that you dispatched, meanwhile BTDT has lost several others that you did not dispatch. Why did you bring it up? And who are you, if you do not mind sharing?

    Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Your sentence structures never change..

    Umm, no.. I splatted my mini on Snett.. You must be mis-remembering things again..
    Is it supposed to change?

    As for your mini, it came from your capital. As did every other hammer we've seen you use. This is the first time you've ever mentioned it not being a hammer. Duly noted.
    Last edited by Luisss; 02-19-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  30. #350
    Consul Kurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow
    Posts
    24,821

    Default

    DA.... there is a difference between what you are doing and what others are doing. Temperament mainly. And to a certain extent lack of humour.

    --

    Also, no one that has played Travian for more than a round or 3 whines about spying. This is a war game. Spying is par for the course and an amazing tactic if you know how to do it properly, especially when mixed with a little diplomacy. I've pulled several alliances to bits without ever having sent a troop. And have started wars between opposing alliances just on the back of what has been said in their Skype chats and MM's. Although usually when I have played, the rest of leadership have to smack my fingers daily to keep me from pressing the war button against the whole server. It is fun!!!

    But actual cheating? You know... the type that actually breaks the rules? Yeah. People don't like that at all.

  31. #351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    As for the PR stuff, I fail to understand this at all.
    Let's explain it then...

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    The entire issue of IP tracking came about because members of BTDT have access to our Skype chat where a couple of others were discussing it.
    • The entire issue of IP tracking came about because your teammates said they were doing it.
    • Rather than disavow it you have repeatedly attempted to shift blame to BTDT for having access.
    • Some of your teammates felt scared yet...

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I began to troll the issue in our Skype chat as a joke. No, I don't feel bad about doing it, because it was a joke.
    • Your teammates feel scared and you disregard their emotions and their feelings.
    • Rather than deescalate you chose to escalate.
    • Rather than allowing the issue to die your teammates escalated from Google AdWords tracking, to Skype IP tracking, to commenting on the weather in my location.

    Now...

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    people claim that I'm a PR nightmare because I dared showed up here and stuck up for my teammates and myself?
    It appears to some people that you're sticking up for your team mates is enabling the bad behavior of your teammates.

    You likely disagree with this but when presented with anything that runs counter to your world view...

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse
    Get real and get over yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Try to follow along.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    If that makes me a PR problem, whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse
    I'll take hypocrisy for $100, Alex.
    Your tone says it all.

    Quote Originally Posted by banzai130 View Post
    Dear Lurk, Jason...Everyone actually... Is this any way to behave?
    It was a good a try...they all blew past it. You talk DA down, I'll talk to the others, Luisss takes a break and we can all move on...
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 02-19-2017 at 02:37 PM.

  32. #352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    There is a difference between "sticking up" for your teammates and engaging in the exact behavior that you pretend to despise.

    When you're able to understand that, let me know and we can talk about how to be more positive. But unless you're able to grasp the difference between your behavior and what you claim your behavior is, I don't see how you can be helped.
    ^^ This.

    Edit - And everything LB said.

  33. #353
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post

    You likely disagree with this but when presented with anything that runs counter to your world view...

    Your tone says it all.
    Oh, it's not even just today. There are patterns here with the arrogance, sarcasm, and a forced apathy towards anyone else. Let's walk through just this last week.

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    It's garbage far beyond that of a few players joking around about IP tracking that never took place.

    Sorry pal, but you and the others can save the holier than thou hypocrisy for somebody else. Doesn't fly with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I quoted the word "evidence" because I've found that many people fail to even understand the concept of the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Because I know everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Kurtz is obviously jealous because I had a bigger hammer, which probably isn't the only time in his life that he's been on the short end.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Why do you think I care what you believe?
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Thanks for the psychological lesson, doc...but no, I really don't care what you believe.

    Sorry if the internet lied to you and told you that if someone posts something that means that they care.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I care as much about repping people on this forum as I do about the juvenile insults that get hurled at me in rep comments....which is to say not at all.
    (seems to be a pattern here with the "I don't care" stuff. Reminds me of my kid when he was 12)

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Sorry that I don't archive MMs just in case I have to display them as proof to another alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I was referring to me. I'm incorruptible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    No, we're going to have our propaganda minister Baghdad Bob explain why it wasn't a loss at all and that it was a waste of resources on your part to go after it.
    Then he takes a try at being an amateur psychologist when he's not busy attacking the one person that's spent multiple years defended HIS leadership from armchair psychology:

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    It's part of a strong-arm tactic that control-freaks and manipulators use when they don't get their way. He obviously realizes at this point that he's not going to convince you of anything and it's too much of a risk to go after you in-game.
    Despite getting pissy pants when someone tries to do the same to him in a much milder way:

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Nice to see that the mind-reading and self-proclaimed geniuses of the forums are able to tell me what my intent is when I write a post. .
    Now to be fair, it's entirely possible that the "I don't care" attitude was just a phase. Maybe just having an off week.

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I don't care
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    nor do I care if I offended somebody in my alliance chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, I see. I obviously don't care
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I didn't ask Luisss to intervene and don't really care if you're mean or nice to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I asked the question because it's a legitimate one. Don't care if you answer it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I don't really care
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    And you believe I care if you answer my question why?
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I don't care what you think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Hope this clears that up.

    Actually, don't really care if it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I honestly couldn't care less what you think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I don't really care about the backstory. Nor do I really care who you are in-game.
    Well, that was too much to hope for.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  34. #354

  35. #355
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,949

    Default

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  36. #356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by banzai130 View Post
    Have we gone so far that there is no redemption for any of us (NO PUNS INTENDED) ?
    Some of us do not ask for nor want "Redemption", both figuratively and as referenced in the pun..


    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Ok, so you don't believe that accusers should be able to convict people without proof, but then you say I, for some reason should be the one to provide evidence to dispel other people's accusations instead of the other way around?
    No, he is saying if you refute a claim, then you should back it up with evidence as to why it's false.. Duh..




    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Is it supposed to change?
    Well, you have repeatedly said things like..
    "As I've said many times, I do not believe most of the things I said when I was a teenager."
    Soo, unless you are BS'ing us all that you have changed from the person you were at 17yrs old, then yes it's supposed to change.. Or else you are lying..



    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    As for your mini, it came from your capital. As did every other hammer we've seen you use. This is the first time you've ever mentioned it not being a hammer. Duly noted.
    I have said it before, but that was not a real "hammer" by my definition nor by what was relative to the server at the time.. The troop counts would better be described as a "mini" that was used for fun.. You keep scouting me for offense, but fail to realize I don't have much to speak of and never did lol.. I would have thought you would have "duly noted" it long ago..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  37. #357
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    The level of irony is too damn high
    I know, right? He spends more keystrokes, time, and energy trying to convince us he doesn't care than Nich and PoP spend showing that they care about their teammates.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  38. #358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Some of us do not ask for nor want "Redemption", both figuratively and as referenced in the pun..
    I get that. Perhaps a different choice of words would have sufficed. Doesn't change the main idea of the post though.

  39. #359

    Default

    Love your new signature

  40. #360

    Default

    Bahahha, I just saw that.. Epic lol..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •