Thread: Travian Answers - Troop Training Time Reduction Error

Default Travian Answers - Troop Training Time Reduction Error

As part of a project I'm working on I've been researching various aspects of Travian. This evening I was looking for the reduction in troop training that occurs at each level increase of a barracks/stables etc.

Travian Answers lists the reduction on a lvl 20 barracks as 14% of the original value. For Phalanx this would be a reduction to 145.6 seconds per phalanx. (Base value is 1040 seconds). However in Travian the real value is 140 seconds and this translates to 13.462%.

I haven't moved on to other troops yet and I'm only able to personally verifiy Gual numbers but I would hazard a guess that this might be the case in more instances. I'm not sure if this is an error in how the numbers were added to Travian Answers originally, not having been updated in Travian answers or if the game itself is the source of the problem.

Depending on where the problem is located would effect what needs changing but the % training time listed in Answers should reflect the actual troop training time in game.

As I do more research I will see if anything comes up for the other troops/tribes but I wanted to bring the issue up so that it can be rectified sooner rather than later.

On a different matter I wasn't sure which forum to add this post in. In some regards its a bug and would fit in "Bugs and Error Messages". On the other hand it is also a commentary, suggestion and question. Which fits in "Commentary Box", "Ideas Wishes and Suggestions", "Questions and Answers" and "General".

I've got another post planned on some forum suggestions but my general idea is to shrink the number of areas. They feel like they've spun into being as specific as possible while also overlapping a lot. So just a heads up on suggestions to come.

It's actually a reduction of 10% per barracks level. Level 20 is 13.508% which the chart rounds to 14% since it doesn't show decimals. Further all training time are rounded to the nearest second, so the 140.489 seconds is rounded down to 140.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    It's actually a reduction of 10% per barracks level. Level 20 is 13.508% which the chart rounds to 14% since it doesn't show decimals. Further all training time are rounded to the nearest second, so the 140.489 seconds is rounded down to 140.
    I hadn't considered the reduction in that way since in the chart on TA it is listed as "Length of Training" time. To me that suggests the % of the original training time and not as a 10% reduction per level from the previous total. The TA doesn't mention the 10% at all. The 13.508% makes sense when accounting for the rounding down, I just computed the % based on the actual number.

I would suggest some sort of rewording of the answer to avoid confusion and also the inclusion of decimal values. Then again how many people would actually care? I generally prefer more detail to less but for some people simpler is better. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but it was something I noticed so I figured I'd say something.