Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Next round Sturm und Drang

My experience goes back to s6r4 or 5.. She has not changed much since then and as such I still hold the same opinion of her as I always have..

I will say in the beginning she was very pleasant to talk with, but when true colors eventually came out, it was beyond distasteful.. She has a way of covering up or sugar coating her true interior, just to eventually let that inner reality shine at the least inopportune time over and over again..

I recently (current round of s1) tried to give the opportunity to bury the hatchet with her, and not only did she refuse to talk, she reacted in game as usual, not only there but on the tourney server as well..

As for the trolling of her in ways because she is a female......well she was the first to throw sexual innuendo's and then decry and even report people for following that vein of topic against her.. Before anyone comes to her defense in this topic, please look back at alliance names she picked as a simple, glaring example.. Bottom line for trolling anyway is trolls will use whatever material is presented, regardless of the sex of the target.. If you don't want to get trolled, then don't provide the material..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

I can speak to being a female leader in this game. Sexism in this game? Sure, but no more or less than the regular isolated crap women deal with in real life. That begs the question: Why her, and not me? I think part of that is answered in Odinloki's post.

Scarecrow is correct: she has personal struggles that are made worse by certain aspects of this game. ALL of us play this game for a reason. Some for fun, some to give what is lacking in RL, some to make new friends from around the world. For her, the reason she plays has, historically, backfired and given her exactly opposite that what she actually needs.

She is nice, thoughtful, better at organizational tasks than most people I have ever worked with, deeply caring about those she holds dear, tireless and a workhorse. She is flawed, like the rest of us. I know it's a longstanding joke, these 'kimmay-isms'. I know that she is a source of scorn and dislike. Her history on this forum represents the absolute worst this game has to offer, in terms of how people treat each other. Hers is the shining example of the difference between trolling and personal attacks. The difference between playing a game, and attempts to rip characters apart. She's not innocent in all of it, as a lot of you know. It has to stop somewhere, however.

Can we all move on and just play? The horse is dead.
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    I can speak to being a female leader in this game. Sexism in this game? Sure, but no more or less than the regular isolated crap women deal with in real life. That begs the question: Why her, and not me? I think part of that is answered in Odinloki's post.

Scarecrow is correct: she has personal struggles that are made worse by certain aspects of this game. ALL of us play this game for a reason. Some for fun, some to give what is lacking in RL, some to make new friends from around the world. For her, the reason she plays has, historically, backfired and given her exactly opposite that what she actually needs.

She is nice, thoughtful, better at organizational tasks than most people I have ever worked with, deeply caring about those she holds dear, tireless and a workhorse. She is flawed, like the rest of us. I know it's a longstanding joke, these 'kimmay-isms'. I know that she is a source of scorn and dislike. Her history on this forum represents the absolute worst this game has to offer, in terms of how people treat each other. Hers is the shining example of the difference between trolling and personal attacks. The difference between playing a game, and attempts to rip characters apart. She's not innocent in all of it, as a lot of you know. It has to stop somewhere, however.

Can we all move on and just play? The horse is dead.
    I agree with you there also. My point still stands in my own opinion. I do not believe she was deserving of the ridicule. Her own reactions would cement the rumors and then the lemmings jumped on her too. But I personally would like to see her bring a strong team. It would keep it every interesting and if she won. There is not one group here that would not have their jaws on the keyboard.
    US1:
    R4 Poopydiapers Rebels and Grassy
    R6 Lethal Jimmy: Ethos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2303146e4a1
    R7 Julius Pleaser
    US2: R6 Churchill Downs: Bacon (dual) http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354796f9e4 The rebuild http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354849ce46
    US3: R8 Evolution http://travian-reports.net/us/report/223457ba7b3
    US6: R4 Snowflake - GAH EGR (wish I had saved the report)
    US7: R3 Lethaljimmy - ACME (EGH should have saved these ones too)

It was a difficult line to draw for me in dealing with Kimmie. I definitely called her out on the overly sexualised aspects of her forum and in-game behaviour even while opposing the sexism of the trolling against her. In this instance, it was a case of feeling that two wrongs didn't make a right.

It was all rather distasteful, all things considered.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    But I personally would like to see her bring a strong team. It would keep it every interesting.
    She tried that already, with some extremely good talent on her team, on s1r7 and got an epic beatdown.. The only beatdown I have ever seen that was worse is the one GONE just received on the current s1..

She may organize well, but she can not lead for crap, and worse still, she refuses to let her "leaders" do their job unhindered..

If she could bring the people together, and let people do what they do without her obstruction, then maybe..
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

There are about three people I will never play with again in Travian. I am one who lets bygones be bygones every time a new round starts. Kimmie is at the top of my list of people I'll never, ever play Travian with again.

I never got into the forum banter with her. It's not because she is female. She is toxic. I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    There are about three people I will never play with again in Travian. I am one who lets bygones be bygones every time a new round starts. Kimmie is at the top of my list of people I'll never, ever play Travian with again.

I never got into the forum banter with her. It's not because she is female. She is toxic. I'll leave it at that.
    My point exactly, from another perspective. There were more than enough reasons to criticise or troll, without ever making her gender the focus. Even if she did it herself at times.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

Who's Kimmie?
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Many achievements. 10+ year player.

Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR

She is toxic. I'll leave it at that.
    DING DING!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

I was going to let the past be the past but after some serious thoughts I just have to put my comments in this thread. I will make a list of her faults then walk away.

1. What she did to her "team mates" this past tournament server was unacceptable. It is one of the reasons a couple of us stepped down. Ego's aside because I can have a bit of one myself and I freely admit it, you don't take it upon yourself to alienate your team let alone other leaders that you are supose to be working in unison with.

2.Several rounds ago she sent out a mass message to spike known farms. It didnt effect me personally because I hate farming, but it did mess with our team so in a way it did effect me.

3. Building troops without upgrading them... Can anyone say NOOB move from a vet player?

4. The sexual references / innuendos / suggestions both in game and skype and here on the forums. Im sorry but nsfw post needs to be kept out of the younger players reach. PERIOD

5. The way she came at Witchy one night is prob the straw that broke it for me even though I let the past be the past when she was on our tourney team... until she tried to take things over..

I could prob keep going since I have several rounds of "kimmies" under my belt but I really hope she tries to make an appearance next s1.. rule 18 will be in full effect and there will be no gloves to cushion the blows!
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Who's Kimmie?
    You fortunate soul.

@Murdok....rule 18 will not be needed, she would not be on our team and therefore fair game.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post

@Murdok....rule 18 will not be needed, she would not be on our team and therefore fair game.

That. I will not debase someone who is not here to defend themselves. I chose to focus on her good qualities, because 1) they exist, despite everything and 2) the only way to keep the past where it belongs is to let go of the ****.

Having said all of that: she will never be welcome on any of my teams again, Maddy. I won't let her do what she did to you and the others ever again, even AFTER I begged you to give her a chance. I will not lose any more friends because of my insistence that 'EVERYONE' deserves a chance. Plus, I don't have a crown large enough to fit her head.
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

The only personal interactions I've had with her were this server and they were extremely negative. The whole argument over "my" (I use quotes because it's Jeff's fault we had a poo cropper) cap oasis this round was extremely childish and should've never happened but on top of that she refused to have a civilized discussion about how to go about dealing with the issue that she created. The worst part of the whole situation is the main dual and Jeff had pretty much settled on something that worked for both of us but she somehow felt slighted and tried to escalate it with threats and insults.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Kimmie is at the top of my list of people I'll never, ever play Travian with again.
    She is toxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdok View Post
    I could prob keep going since I have several rounds of "kimmies" under my belt but I really hope she tries to make an appearance next s1.. rule 18 will be in full effect and there will be no gloves to cushion the blows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    she will never be welcome on any of my teams again, Maddy. I won't let her do what she did to you and the others ever again, even AFTER I begged you to give her a chance. I will not lose any more friends because of my insistence that 'EVERYONE' deserves a chance. Plus, I don't have a crown large enough to fit her head.
    she refused to have a civilized discussion about how to go about dealing with the issue that she created.
    Gee.. If only there was someone who had warned all of you prior to having to deal with all this crap yourselves.. You know, someone who had dealt with the toxicity previously and knew how she was..

Ohh wait, there was.. And he tried to warn you all.. Maybe next time people will listen and trust..

You did indeed warn us.

I did not see any of the stuff you guys are referring to, but what Murdock said would be ground from being booted from any team I have been on. I do not care for anyone being a pathetic sex trolling turd. Thus why I never would let Kurtz on a team along with a few small batch of do not play with. My list of people I will not play with is also short but it is based on treatment of others, and those that think their accounts are more important that the over all team goal. I have one player that I would not allow on my own team because he sold out his own team on s1.

With kimmie, I have never been on her team so my opinion is based on direct conversation and watching her team while sitting a spy account from r6 or 7.
    US1:
    R4 Poopydiapers Rebels and Grassy
    R6 Lethal Jimmy: Ethos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2303146e4a1
    R7 Julius Pleaser
    US2: R6 Churchill Downs: Bacon (dual) http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354796f9e4 The rebuild http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354849ce46
    US3: R8 Evolution http://travian-reports.net/us/report/223457ba7b3
    US6: R4 Snowflake - GAH EGR (wish I had saved the report)
    US7: R3 Lethaljimmy - ACME (EGH should have saved these ones too)

Enough about Kimmie,....we have much better and brighter things to talk about....like the next round's donnybrook.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Enough about Kimmie,....we have much better and brighter things to talk about....like the next round's donnybrook.
    Lets figure out who is going to get those +150 15c!!!
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

"my" (I use quotes because it's Jeff's fault we had a poo cropper) cap oasis this round
    Next time I play I will not be taking a 50%, let me just say

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Next time I play I will not be taking a 50%, let me just say
    Our cropper location caused us not to be able to be top pop.... 13 grey zone villages cost us the static cp to pull off top simmer! But I honestly dont think we would change it if we could

Our cropper location caused us not to be able to be top pop.... 13 grey zone villages cost us the static cp to pull off top simmer! But I honestly dont think we would change it if we could
    ^ Reasons I hate the grey zone and almost categorically refuse to settle there. I think I took 2 villas in there just cause they were croppers.

But hey, I'm bad and would have been total trash if Stokem hadn't shown me how to play

MINE!!!!!

Anvils neeed croppers too.

Flower, you may have all the 150 croppers that are SW of -100/-100.

Anything else, is MINE.
    S1 R8 SIO - Win
    S4 R8 SIO - Win
    S3 R9 FWB - Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Quelaana View Post
    Flower, you may have all the 150 croppers that are SW of -100/-100.

Anything else, is MINE.
    You must be jet lagged or something......didn't I just claim all the 150 croppers. period? I wants them....my precious.

Blah...blah....blah....

My "jet lag" is going to show you up. I now have desserts and treats to offer MY team you've never dreamed of. The Morrocan Henna party produced things such as M'hannah, Ghriba, Kabb el Ghzal, Chebakia, and even a new twist on cheesecake, Honey and cinnamon.

And I haven't even made it to Italy yet!

There is method to this...my group will be so well fed, they will all have a sugar high and be up all night attacking you!!
    S1 R8 SIO - Win
    S4 R8 SIO - Win
    S3 R9 FWB - Win.

Blah...blah....blah....

My "jet lag" is going to show you up. I now have desserts and treats to offer MY team you've never dreamed of. The Morrocan Henna party produced things such as M'hannah, Ghriba, Kabb el Ghzal, Chebakia, and even a new twist on cheesecake, Honey and cinnamon.

And I haven't even made it to Italy yet!

There is method to this...my group will be so well fed, they will all have a sugar high and be up all night attacking you!!
    Or in a sugar coma!

I have tres leches cake and special sugar slugs a Brazilian treat.

*has to figure out a way how steal some of those new sweets to try on her own.

No sugar comas here. Maybe a few extra pounds, but that will just ensure they all stay parked in front of their computers...playing kick Flowers teams...donkeys behind!
    S1 R8 SIO - Win
    S4 R8 SIO - Win
    S3 R9 FWB - Win.

No sugar comas here. Maybe a few extra pounds, but that will just ensure they all stay parked in front of their computers...playing kick Flowers teams...donkeys behind!

Just like the funtard that tried to attack us tonight....

results were not good for him!
    The village has been completely destroyed... figure 150k wheat worth of hammer went poof before he could land!

NEXT!

My group isn't stupid enough to liine up singly, or with gigantic gaps, like Funtards. Or those calling themselves funtards. I seem to remember Silence retiring that name, so these must be pretend funtards? Cause they don't seem to be but a shadow of the ones on s3.

In any event, quit stalling, get that damn pile of sand done, so we can get on with a REAL server!!
    S1 R8 SIO - Win
    S4 R8 SIO - Win
    S3 R9 FWB - Win.

My group isn't stupid enough to liine up singly, or with gigantic gaps, like Funtards. Or those calling themselves funtards. I seem to remember Silence retiring that name, so these must be pretend funtards? Cause they don't seem to be but a shadow of the ones on s3.

In any event, quit stalling, get that damn pile of sand done, so we can get on with a REAL server!!
    Its slowly getting there!

*Note to self........Que doesn't know the difference between a sugar coma and computer screen trance.....

*Note to self........Que doesn't know the difference between a sugar coma and computer screen trance.....
    Coma's are bad... I know that for a fact! 10 days lost due to one!

Hugs to Murdok..take them now, you won't get any when the server starts..

..Seriously??? There is no (hug) emo in the forum??? OMG with all the huggling comments? GEEZ Travian, get with the program!!

And Flower? MY skype chat rooms are NEVER so dull that someone goes into a coma. Of any sort.
    S1 R8 SIO - Win
    S4 R8 SIO - Win
    S3 R9 FWB - Win.

Which team uses Discord?

I want in on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

BURN IT!
    Burn it with fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ECH0 View Post
    Which team uses Discord?

I want in on that.
    Me too. Discord is superior.

Not for aging eyes, it isn't.

Is there's no org using Discord want to make our own? I think one quad has yet to be claimed...

My only qualifications though are being able to not become a farm and building what is arguably considered too large quantities of TTs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

Quote Originally Posted by ECH0 View Post
    Is there's no org using Discord want to make our own? I think one quad has yet to be claimed...

My only qualifications though are being able to not become a farm and building what is arguably considered too large quantities of TTs.
    My qualifications include being bad at Travian and being exceptionally good looking. Sounds like a good team.

Also I think I promised that if I had time to play, I'd play with Meherrin.

So there's only one solution -- I must figure out how to make Discord more legible!

My qualifications include being bad at Travian and being exceptionally good looking. Sounds like a good team.

Also I think I promised that if I had time to play, I'd play with Meherrin.

So there's only one solution -- I must figure out how to make Discord more legible!
    You are so sweet, Burn.

Nuh uh, I am a fierce dragon and I can breathe fire and burninate things. It's quite a spectacle.