Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Clockwork (backward) Orange: The Paris Accord

Nevermind those people on the bus. If they knew anything, they wouldn't be riding the bus.

-- Jorge Carlinito

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I disagree.

Electric cars would not make a small difference, electric cars would make a major difference to better air quality.

Electric cars need roads and electricity - two things that are already in abundance. Public transit would need a major investment to connect every community, and then there is the cost to maintain public transit.

The reason why the vast majority of the population chooses cars over trains and buses is because they like the privacy of a car and the ability to go wherever they like whenever they like. And if the major concern about cars is how much they pollute, then the option to make cars that don't pollute is the most practical alternative.

and electric car sales are surging.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...3Fsource%3Ddam

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...-in-five-years
    We really need to be pursuing some sort of alternative to oil. Electric is as good as any we have right now, especially with more solar and wind farms. The more the tech is used, the more advances will be made on it. It's what happened with combustion engines.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Using public transport is as much a mindset as anything. If you grow up using cars, buses seem yucky. If you grow up using buses, cars seem an over reach. In cities with public transport. So until it is built, people don't like it.
    When shopping for stuff, especially when you want to buy many stuff a car is way better for time (if you buy frozen food and worry about it melting), and carry capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    When shopping for stuff, especially when you want to buy many stuff a car is way better for time (if you buy frozen food and worry about it melting), and carry capacity.
    Irrelevant. There are millions of people who don't have, and don't want a car. Not all because they cant afford one. Very few people who live in the middle of big cities use cars.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Very few poor people who live in the middle of big cities use cars.
    Fixed.

Irrelevant. There are millions of people who don't have, and don't want a car. Not all because they cant afford one. Very few people who live in the middle of big cities use cars.
    Depends on country conditions and rules and other stuff, try to live in without car in middle east in the summer.

I live in the US for 5 years and I didn't drive. I used public transport or went with some friends.

When I visited rome, I used my legs no cars or public transport.

The train in Italy among cities is good and cheap (even for business and first class). I planed my destination to be not more than 3 to 4 hours, and it was very comfortable.

In some cities there is stuff zipcar so if you might need some private vehicle for some other stuff than regular public transportation it is good option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.