Thread: Who would be willing to play an Empire RPG?

The country with the world's longest official name

Default Who would be willing to play an Empire RPG?

And if so what would you want it to be like? Tech levels? Magic? Starting with recently founded or well established nations?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    And if so what would you want it to be like? Tech levels? Magic? Starting with recently founded or well established nations?
    What is Empire? Could you explain more about the kind if RPG you're thinking about?
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    What is Empire? Could you explain more about the kind if RPG you're thinking about?
    Players run a country, generally aiming to expand their empire's power and influence.

As masterblaster put it:

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    You are the leaders of your nations, seeking dominance in these times of war and eceonomic strife. you must make allies, break enemies, and seat yourself upon the throne of glory!

Players run a country, generally aiming to expand their empire's power and influence.

As masterblaster put it:
    Ah, thank you.

Unfortunately, that's not a style that would interest me, but good luck in getting participants. This space needs more action.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Ah, thank you.

Unfortunately, that's not a style that would interest me, but good luck in getting participants. This space needs more action.
    I thought it might not. I've never had much interest in dialogue or characterisation.

I thought it might not. I've never had much interest in dialogue or characterisation.
    Lol. We have very different approaches, to be sure, but this is a good thing. The more variety there is, the more easily peoole will fibd an RPG that is fun fir them.

But I was enjoying the last RPG you started. If you start up another game for individual characters some time, I'll certainly consider playing again.

MK, I used to do this with another browsergame more suited to this kind of RP, but the community there has imploded. (And I say that knowing that this place is a virtual ghost town.) But -- how are you envisioning this, exactly? These tend to work better with rules, and at least, in my old browsergame there was something you could point to since you created a nation and managed it and the game produced relevant statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    MK, I used to do this with another browsergame more suited to this kind of RP, but the community there has imploded. (And I say that knowing that this place is a virtual ghost town.) But -- how are you envisioning this, exactly? These tend to work better with rules, and at least, in my old browsergame there was something you could point to since you created a nation and managed it and the game produced relevant statistics.
    What sort of rules? were you thinking of tings like splitting the map into tiles? I was planning on putting a limit on area*population*GDP.

What sort of rules? were you thinking of tings like splitting the map into tiles? I was planning on putting a limit on area*population*GDP.
    Well when I RP'd this way under the auspices of another game, that game produced statistics like GDP, GDP per capita, population, military spending, level of civil rights, level of political rights, level of technological advancement, etc, and there was a limit to how much you were allowed to deny these factors. For example, if my nation had 10 million people, no defense spending, and a tiny economy, it was expected that someone playing a nation of 50 million with massive defense spending and a huge economy would not lose a war to me. There were sense-making rules of that nature .

Of course, most of the RP action involved me making up situations that were of the nature "massive disaster people should come save me from," since no one disliked each other enough to go to war