Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suicide by gun

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    Because scientists said that climate change is real, you group them into a religion? They are the only ones qualified to tell it.
    No, they way the force (ideologically pressure) people to believe it is their fault, is like a religion.

The thing is whether we believe it or not, not much would change, the products we buy will change. Because the higher-ups decide policies and regulations.

We argue about it, while Al Gore and co. are making millions out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    The climate has been changing even before human intervention. But humans made it worse is what I'm saying. The ozone hole is a good example.
    That's not yet a fact since some scientists disagree, either because of the lack of evidence, or the complexity of determining the real cause, or even both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Abortion isn't easy. You don't get access to it without consultation. And it isn't suicide. A hormonal teenager, wracked with angst often decides life is not worth living. If they attempt suicide with a gun, they rarely get a chance to reconsider. I agree with the right to suicide, just not an unfettered access to immediate means. I also think assisted suicide should be legal in some circumstances. Drinking bleach is horrific and painful. That choice should never be the only option.
    I do support having a consultation with a medical euthanologist, just as one consults with a gynecologist for an abortion. That way, you don't get (as many) people trying to kill themselves with guns or bleach or by jumping in from of a subway car or off a bridge. I know from my own experience that knowing there is the option to make that decision (euthanasia is now legal in Canada) has actually made it easier for me to say "i'll hang on a little longer."

But not someone who can say "no, I don't think you should end your life and have that be the end of the conversation. Someone who can discuss the situation with you non-judgementally, suggest alternatives you may not have thought of, and if you remain firm, help you die with dignity.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I do support having a consultation with a medical euthanologist, just as one consults with a gynecologist for an abortion. That way, you don't get (as many) people trying to kill themselves with guns or bleach or by jumping in from of a subway car or off a bridge. I know from my own experience that knowing there is the option to make that decision (euthanasia is now legal in Canada) has actually made it easier for me to say "i'll hang on a little longer."

But not someone who can say "no, I don't think you should end your life and have that be the end of the conversation. Someone who can discuss the situation with you non-judgementally, suggest alternatives you may not have thought of, and if you remain firm, help you die with dignity.
    I'd definitely support something like that.

That was definitely a murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    That's not yet a fact since some scientists disagree, either because of the lack of evidence, or the complexity of determining the real cause, or even both.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    That would be the most depressing job besides child in patient psych.
    I'm not very bright.

I think this would satisfy my concerns about process requirements, so I'd also be in support of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    You funny, science worshiper!

When people like Al Gore twisted information to make it really real, but not all scientist in that 97% were agreeing to the theory that mankind is the major cause!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    That was definitely a murder.
    I'm not sure which incident you're referring to, but suicide-by-train (or subway) is hardly a rarity.

http://nypost.com/2013/06/02/suicide...aths-mta-data/

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    but not all scientist in that 97% were agreeing to the theory that mankind is the major cause!
    Yes. Yes, they are. The 97% figure is support among the scientific community for anthropogenic climate change (that is, climate change with the leading cause being human activities). And it's a pretty reliable figure, too; out of seven surveys on the subject (all of which specified human-caused climate change or greenhouse gas emissions as the driving factor of climate change), four had 97% support, one had 100% support, one had 93% support, and one had 91% support; if you average those, that's still 96% support on average.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survey...climate_change

Yes. Yes, they are. The 97% figure is support among the scientific community for anthropogenic climate change (that is, climate change with the leading cause being human activities).

wiki link
    Not sure if you simply worded this poorly, or have no idea what you are saying, but 97 percent of anti-anthropogenic scientists believe that global cooling/warming is not caused by humans.

Well, you linked to Wiki so probably both.

Yes. Yes, they are. The 97% figure is support among the scientific community for anthropogenic climate change (that is, climate change with the leading cause being human activities). And it's a pretty reliable figure, too; out of seven surveys on the subject (all of which specified human-caused climate change or greenhouse gas emissions as the driving factor of climate change), four had 97% support, one had 100% support, one had 93% support, and one had 91% support; if you average those, that's still 96% support on average.
    Evidence is still lacking to make global warming an indisputable fact.

Climate is chaotic and can not be predicted with ultimate certainty!

Human activities do affect the climate, yet the magnitude is precisely not known.

Correlation of CO2 and temperature in few years against the age of earth is by no mean an evidence.

However, due to byproducts that affects human health, I support the new systems to be "greener", the efficiency of current systems to be more optimised, and have some balance among couple different sources to have back-ups and alternative solutions in cases of emergencies.

I'm not sure which incident you're referring to, but suicide-by-train (or subway) is hardly a rarity.

http://nypost.com/2013/06/02/suicide...aths-mta-data/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survey...climate_change
    House of cards.
    I'm not very bright.

Its very common for people to commit suicide by train in NY.

Almost daily someone kills themself by jumping in front of the subway or LIRR. I would rather them have other means to kill themselves than that. Thousands of people are delayed daily due to suicide by train.

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post

Almost daily someone kills themself by jumping in front of the subway or LIRR. I would rather them have other means to kill themselves than that. Thousands of people are delayed daily due to suicide by train.
    They like painful deaths, why don't they get some H2S and sniff it, instant kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post

It happens in Toronto to.

I think they have a counselling program for the subway drivers.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez