Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major changes to the T:L Forums Discussion thread

Regarding Post counts and activity points (the replacement for rep)

Just a clarification, everything that is moved is counted in the user profile. If they have one thread created by them in the current forum and that thread is moved, they will have post count: 1 and activity point: 10 (for example). So everything moved counts for their personal statistics!

If your post/thread is not moved due to the migration cut off limits then you wont receive a postcount or activity point for it of course.
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

First, thanks for your patience, Hudson. As others have said, this isn't a fun place to be sheriff in. I wouldn't do it for the bunch of ungrateful children most of us can be.
    Second, banning politics/religion discussions is the best thing that can be done here. Too many people are using those topics as a rock, club and knife on anyone who mistakenly makes a post and the abuse has gone too far. Clicking ignore doesn't work; it creates weird discussion threads that you cannot follow because of the empty spots and I just stay away from them for the most part now.
    There are soooooo many places to get into political and religious mud throwing on the interwebz. Lol, Travian's forums are about to become a 'safe place.'
    If there are those here who are interested in discussing politics or religion with others, perhaps they can set a meet-up and take it there.

I do foresee a few unruly trolls moving on from here, though. They will starve here.

I will miss the new stuff I just got access to, though. Like being able to tell who has read the threads I'm on.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Dan I have proposed an ambassador role, hopefully enough other CM's see the benefit and encourage HQ to consider implementing that after the migration.

Failing that I would look to use some option of user title and if possible limited mod rights (open/close thread) to ambassadors in some areas such as new users forum or guides/Q&A/Creativity/RPG IE the area each ambassador is suited to.
    But they are all bridges to cross after migration. Lets get the move done first
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

I am clearly NOT an ambassador. As such, I have no self serving interest to make the following points about user titles:

1) I do believe that identified senior members of the forum carry more weight with their posts. Because of this, they can set or alter the tone of threads at times where said threads may be struggling.

2) New users have a clearly identified base of people who are clearly 'experts' at this game. Questions answered by those wearing a badge provide a kind of official say on the topic. This is also important because:

3) Some DO aspire to this rank. Seeing the conduct of teals provides an unspoken code of conduct, on top of the regular forum rules.

4) A system where simple post counts/thread counts/likes is in play does not truly identify those who are most respected on the forum. The ranks do.

5) There SHOULD be a reward to those identified as being exemplary members. The perks that teals get is a form of positive reinforcement. You acknowledge their contribution, give them rewards, and they are more likely to continue being forum leaders over time.

Just my two cents
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

I will admit that I first started to read the forums because of those trolls all those years ago....we were able to have civil discussions about some fairly hot topics. I will not miss the vapid trollery found in GC now.

This change will be difficult, we are all creatures of habit, but we are also adaptable creatures. The change will come, lets embrace it and when the change over comes, put our stamp on our section. Our tone and how we react to the change will help set the stage. We also can help CMHudson by being engaged users in the new forum and give constructive feedback.

The tone of this discussion now is a good example of what we should bring forward to the new forum.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

I assume passwords will remain the same? How does that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Because its a migration the current backend database (after pruning) will be migrated. Nothing has been committed on passwords so its assumed they will remain the same.

That said hopefully someone from HQ will clarify, I don't want another mass password reset issue like we had in September last year.
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

Some of your questions have been included in the official FAQ for the forum merge.

Announcement

Keep the questions and discussion coming as Hq are clarifying issues and answering questions each week.
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by CM M.Hudson View Post
    What is the multilingualism feature?
    This is a Burning Board feature that assigns user-generated content to a specific language, allowing different languages to be used in a single community. The forum will be unique and you won’t see any country forums. This means if you have selected more than one language in your profile, you will see every thread for all the languages you have selected, with the addition of a country flag, when you enter the General section. If you have selected only one language, you will only see the threads for that language.

Examples:
    If you select English UK as the interface languageand English UK and French as languages
    in your profile:
    You will see the interface of the forum as well as the section titles and descriptions in English
    When you enter a specific section you will see the threads for the UK community with a UK flag and the threads for the FR community with a FR flag

If you select English UK as the interface language and English UK as the language:

You will see the interface of the forum as well as the section titles and descriptions in English and only the threads of the English UK community without any flags.

The default language for your profile is retained.

How many languages can I see at the same time?
    If you want, you can select all languages, but be careful to select the right language in the drop-down menu when you post a new thread.

Will the interface be available in my language?
    The interface (buttons, profile interface, etc...) will be available only in the following languages at the beginning: AE, AU, CL, COM, DE, ES, FR, IT, NL, PL, RU and TR; if you are willing to help us translate the interface please contact the Community Manager of your community.
    So, to clarify, US won't come across by the end of July?
    With the way I read it, AU will be ported yet the other English speaking domains are relegated to the former COM domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

The flaming, trollbait and such will have to stop. I have been quite lenient on the general chat area as explained in September last year to lessen the impact of the rules changes. Now that leniency will have to stop as we migrate to the merged forum with a single set of rules and multiple CM’s over seeing it. Swearing, trolling, and inappropriate discussions (including politics) will have to end as they are against HQs policy’s.
    Thank God. I stepped out of modding for several reasons, but modding GC was a big part of it. I don't even go there anymore. When you have a handful of posters spouting off their rhetoric and opinions as fact, and anyone that doesn't agree is labled "stupid" it's time to shut it down. Especially when every thread is turned into a hate filled pile of ****. Same things being rehashed over and over. One can only hope those certain players will have to actually "talk" about something else rather than their agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    So, to clarify, US won't come across by the end of July?
    With the way I read it, AU will be ported yet the other English speaking domains are relegated to the former COM domain.
    The official HQ explaination is talking languages not domains, the confusing information was highlighted to them but they have not corrected it in their official FAQ.

It should read as:
    AE, CL, DE, EN, ES, FR, IT, NL, PL, RU and TR

For the Interface language English there are the following multilingual options (IE Domain Forums)

EN-UK
    EN-US
    EN-COM
    EN-AU

When you first login you will need to set your interface language (general forum language for buttons, and titles) to English
    Then select your multilingual (or sub domain language) to EN-US this will show you the forum as a whole in English and then just the US threads.
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

That makes sense now.
    Honestly, I wouldn't have paid it any attention except that both COM and AU were listed and they are both English speaking domains.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.