Thread: Foreign armies approach for the next annual special! DISCUSSION THREAD

Default Foreign armies approach for the next annual special! DISCUSSION THREAD

Foreignarmies approach for the next annual special!

Announcement Thread

egyptians.jpghuns.jpg

Discuss,,,,
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Default Exciting

When will be the general timetable for the release? This update sounds awesome!

Will this be a regular server or something similar to ROA?
    s4r2 - ABT
    s4r3 - AXE
    s4r4 - ROAR
    s5r3 - Pack

As detailed din the announcement this is for the annual special released every September to celebrate Travian birthday. I would not expect this to become a normal server feature.
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

When will this come out? this summer or later?

Will we know what kind of troops and bonuses they get before the server that has them starts or do we find out while playing?

I understand its a special server. I just enjoyed ROA, and would have liked to play something similar to that again. I assume a server with these new tribes will be a regular type server where we will have to build a WW, rather than try to get VP.
    s4r2 - ABT
    s4r3 - AXE
    s4r4 - ROAR
    s5r3 - Pack

Quote Originally Posted by CM M.Hudson View Post
    As detailed din the announcement this is for the annual special released every September to celebrate Travian birthday. I would not expect this to become a normal server feature.
    That's Unfortunate,

I have been playing Travian for 11-12 years. Many people over the years have voiced, and thought it would be interesting to add new tribes to the game. Im happy that they will be introducing these after so many years of asking, but then again im disappointed that this is only for a special server. New tribes would bring back old players back to try out these new selections.

-Doc

This is all the details they will give or are they going to slowly trickle more?

Quote Originally Posted by kichel View Post
    I understand its a special server. I just enjoyed ROA, and would have liked to play something similar to that again. I assume a server with these new tribes will be a regular type server where we will have to build a WW, rather than try to get VP.
    Not necessarily. I wasn't around for the earlier Birthday servers, but conceptually they appear to be generally the same i.e without the WW race. I was looking back and the changes from Ancient Europe (2014) ---> Scattered Empires (2015) ---> Rise of Allainces (2016) have not been huge overall when compared to each other. Perhaps some large individual changes but generally they appear similar.

Quote Originally Posted by AtsaL View Post
    That's Unfortunate,

I have been playing Travian for 11-12 years. Many people over the years have voiced, and thought it would be interesting to add new tribes to the game. Im happy that they will be introducing these after so many years of asking, but then again im disappointed that this is only for a special server. New tribes would bring back old players back to try out these new selections.

-Doc
    I think we have to keep in mind that the Birthday Servers are essentially Beta servers. The most recent example of a birthday feature moving to regular servers are the alliance bonuses and defense distribution change. They were implemented on regular servers less than a year after being introduced on ROA. Given that I expect the same will happen here, so this time next year we will likely have the two new tribes on regular servers. Part of the benefit of not rolling them out across the board is to give HQ an opportunity to test the balancing in a limited way. If the tribes are unbalanced or uninteresting it won't do much for the game but by being in a beta setting first they can fine tune them before releasing them wide.
    The Wicked Defense General

Quote Originally Posted by Banter View Post
    When will this come out? this summer or later?

Will we know what kind of troops and bonuses they get before the server that has them starts or do we find out while playing?
    Special Server release is always started in September. There is no specific date/time for US19 special server start yet but expect it within 6 weeks of Travian birthday

Quote Originally Posted by kichel View Post
    Special Servers so far have followed the RoA format IE no WW. I don't expect this year will be any different in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    This is all the details they will give or are they going to slowly trickle more?
    Expect more details as the summer progresses (but unlikely before the forum migration for obvious reasons)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlade View Post
    I think we have to keep in mind that the Birthday Servers are essentially Beta servers. The most recent example of a birthday feature moving to regular servers are the alliance bonuses and defense distribution change. They were implemented on regular servers less than a year after being introduced on ROA. Given that I expect the same will happen here, so this time next year we will likely have the two new tribes on regular servers. Part of the benefit of not rolling them out across the board is to give HQ an opportunity to test the balancing in a limited way. If the tribes are unbalanced or uninteresting it won't do much for the game but by being in a beta setting first they can fine tune them before releasing them wide.
    At this time HQ have stated that this is only for/will only be for, the special/birthday server. That is not to say it will never appear in a future standard version of the game but at this time HQ wish's to make it clear it will be limited to special server only.
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

As usual TG never fails to disappoint. The game has grown boring. It's been over a decade and you still have 3 tribes. Good game but you guys have the worse development team I've ever seen for a game company. If I was a programmer I would of already took this style of game and employed what the players have asked for.

This game has become about as basic as playing pacman

*cough* add the the new tribes to the s1.us restart *cough*
    'Our antagonists are our helper.'

I swear girls can be so ungrateful sometimes. I made her breakfast in bed, and instead of saying "Thank you", she's like, "How did you get in my house?"

Finally some news about the tribes, took a little while.
    I am a big fan of adding new tribes to the game. The Huns remind me of the AoE Huns, one of my favorite civilizations there.
    I'm very excited for this birthday special but I am really disappointed that it seems like it will be a one time thing. I definitely believe that new tribes should be implemented in the game eventually, the game has the same tribes for years. A game that was made in 1999 still makes new tribes (AoE2HD) but Travian, a game released in 2004 has had the same tribes ever since. AoE2HD, which has similar theme to Travian, is still VERY successful, with thousands and thousands of active players on steam to this date.
    The game is very repetitive at this point and I feel like even one tribe would revive the game for several years. Not only new units and buildings will be released, but a lot of strategies, and that's what make the players fall in love with a game. Every tribe added would add hundreds of strategies. There should be always additions to this game, all we get is 'fixes', which is nice, but we need something NEW.
    In my opinion, these tribes (if they are balanced in their own way, but not similar to other tribes) should be in every future server after the birthday special. The developers of Travian should definitely make the special servers a beta-like servers.

-ACN

Anyone want to dual with me and have the only Teuton account on the server? We'll own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and call this Cranny Envy

I think that new tribes may help in bringing in new and back in old players. But lets be honest every update and every new server is about making more money for Travian. In legends a typical gold user that works used around 600 in gold per server. Then we added auctions and things that make the hero stronger. Yet many of the Elite players did not like this part of the game so they went elsewhere. I really like the premise of Kingdoms but this server everything costs more than ever. Plus you do not seem to want to make speed servers there. You would attract more players to Kingdoms by reducing the cost for everything and adding more speed servers as well. The addition of 2 new tribes would also add to that game world.

Quote Originally Posted by dglsrussell View Post
    I think that new tribes may help in bringing in new and back in old players. But lets be honest every update and every new server is about making more money for Travian. In legends a typical gold user that works used around 600 in gold per server. Then we added auctions and things that make the hero stronger. Yet many of the Elite players did not like this part of the game so they went elsewhere. I really like the premise of Kingdoms but this server everything costs more than ever. Plus you do not seem to want to make speed servers there. You would attract more players to Kingdoms by reducing the cost for everything and adding more speed servers as well. The addition of 2 new tribes would also add to that game world.
    600 gold per server? I think that is very low. Even among those who use gold conservatively. I use gold liberally and blow that in under a month of gameplay. I do think in some respects that gold has become more necessary as the game has evolved and that is something that needs to be addressed. I've found some commentary from places that review online games that have referred to Travian as "Pay to win". In some regards that is true but I think a skilled player can get by with little to no gold, it just requires something else that is even more important - time. Travian is "Time to win" more than anything but that is a discussion for another time and place.

As for your comments on Kingdoms, that is an interesting point but I think the majority here don't really care what happens with Kingdoms. I for one would cheer its demise as it would hopefully mean more resources for "Legends". Of course some may like it and for those that do additional tribes would probably be appreciated. I suspect that should the inclusion in the birthday servers go well, the tribes will eventually be in both Legends and Kingdoms. It is just a matter of being patient.
    The Wicked Defense General