Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 85

Thread: How about CNN

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Not a fan of the platypus. Otters are pretty cute though.

    I do like walruses. They have excellent mustachios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    A significant portion of my bread and butter is cycling and troubleshooting machines that make Otterbox stuff....

    Otters are cute, the member Otter always used to spam otter pics and vids to my private messages.

    One of my coworkers asked me last week, "So what do you think an otter-box looks like?"

    I haven't been able to take my job seriously ever since.
    No more counseling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  2. #42
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    No more counseling?
    Haven't been doing that for quite awhile now....last employer screwed me out of several grand and since the salary/overtime threshold raise was/is on hold I couldn't do a whole lot about it. It's one of those things. Fortunately I double majored in school in two extremely different disciplines so I managed to get a job that pays hourly yet income is above the "new" cap so it's all good. Plus I'll admit that a mistake was made on my end since I decided to give inpatient teen psych a try and it caused a lot of latent depression to well up. To get my "full" raise over the promotion that I got last winter I'll have to finish some schooling in electromechanical tech, but honestly the OTJ training I've received just in the last few months makes the classes a joke.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  3. #43
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Hey slowpokes, time to evolve to slowbros.

    Wait, nvm, both are useless!

    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Haven't been doing that for quite awhile now....last employer screwed me out of several grand and since the salary/overtime threshold raise was/is on hold I couldn't do a whole lot about it. It's one of those things. Fortunately I double majored in school in two extremely different disciplines so I managed to get a job that pays hourly yet income is above the "new" cap so it's all good. Plus I'll admit that a mistake was made on my end since I decided to give inpatient teen psych a try and it caused a lot of latent depression to well up. To get my "full" raise over the promotion that I got last winter I'll have to finish some schooling in electromechanical tech, but honestly the OTJ training I've received just in the last few months makes the classes a joke.
    Yeah, my mom did teen inpatient psych during her clinical hours, she said it's the most depressing thing she's ever experienced. And she was usually helpless on stepping in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  5. #45
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    You hired an impatient teen Psychic? I don't even care why you did it, you are the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    You hired an impatient teen Psychic? I don't even care why you did it, you are the man.
    Dude, like this stuff is horrible. A 12 year old teen trying to kill herself, and cutting herself, because her dad was raping her, but she was too scared to report it to anyone other than the doctors, so they couldn't really do anything legally. And the dad was the one picking her up and seeing her off.

    I think finally she agreed to report it, so they took her from him, but there was no evidence, so he didn't get charged, and she was placed in foster care, and no home would take her, since she was too abused. So she was essentially placed in one of those giant care facilities, where she never got the help she needed.

    Hypothetically speaking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  7. #47
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    but there was no evidence,
    How can he be doing that, and still keeps no evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    How can he be doing that, and still keeps no evidence.
    You asking for a friend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  9. #49
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    You asking for a friend?
    I just sounds impossible to leave no evidence, when he does that regularly!

    Otherwise I guess the evidence was not sufficient enough to charge him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    I just sounds impossible to leave no evidence, when he does that regularly!

    Otherwise I guess the evidence was not sufficient enough to charge him?
    When you report someone, they don't let you go back home to do it again. And most people wash afterwards to make themselves feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  11. #51
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    When you report someone, they don't let you go back home to do it again. And most people wash afterwards to make themselves feel better.
    I thought hymen was some sort of small evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

  12. #52
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    I thought hymen was some sort of small evidence.
    Then you thought wrong
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  13. #53

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Then you thought wrong
    ^that
    Hymen, or lack thereof, is not an indicator of carnal knowledge let alone evidence of prior intercourse.
    There are many ways the hymen may be perforated prior to adolescence through normal activity and may even not be present at all in some instances.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  14. #54
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    ^that
    Hymen, or lack thereof, is not an indicator of carnal knowledge let alone evidence of prior intercourse.
    There are many ways the hymen may be perforated prior to adolescence through normal activity and may even not be present at all in some instances.
    "normal" and mutations?

    No.

  15. #55

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,274

    Default

    I refer you to Perlman, Sally E.; Nakajyma, Steven T.; Hertweck, S. Paige (2004).*Clinical protocols in pediatric and adolescent gynecology. Parthenon.*ISBN*1-84214-199-6.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  16. #56
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Dude, like this stuff is horrible. A 12 year old teen trying to kill herself, and cutting herself, because her dad was raping her, but she was too scared to report it to anyone other than the doctors, so they couldn't really do anything legally. And the dad was the one picking her up and seeing her off.
    That's a fairly common story in such facilities...what also happens (I'm speaking very generally here) is that their parents were aloof and didn't really have a bonding relationship with the kid, so the kid didn't attach themselves to the parents during the most vulnerable age of their lives so radical attachment disorder wells up. It's very very difficult to treat people with that disorder since, first, the root causes and problems are so deeply seated and began during a time of their lives they don't really remember. But in terms working with them, they constantly vacillate between making friendships and relationships and then suddenly breaking them for no apparent/logical reason since they don't have previous relationships to give them reliable indicators of who can be trusted with vulnerability. It's extremely sad and dealing with it on a daily basis is too much for most people, myself included.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  17. #57
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I refer you to Perlman, Sally E.; Nakajyma, Steven T.; Hertweck, S. Paige (2004).*Clinical protocols in pediatric and adolescent gynecology. Parthenon.*ISBN*1-84214-199-6.
    Link or bs? No link is admission of bs. Also, not putting the text means you are most likely typing bs.

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    That's a fairly common story in such facilities...what also happens (I'm speaking very generally here) is that their parents were aloof and didn't really have a bonding relationship with the kid, so the kid didn't attach themselves to the parents during the most vulnerable age of their lives so radical attachment disorder wells up. It's very very difficult to treat people with that disorder since, first, the root causes and problems are so deeply seated and began during a time of their lives they don't really remember. But in terms working with them, they constantly vacillate between making friendships and relationships and then suddenly breaking them for no apparent/logical reason since they don't have previous relationships to give them reliable indicators of who can be trusted with vulnerability. It's extremely sad and dealing with it on a daily basis is too much for most people, myself included.
    That's horrible. Hypothetically, if there was a 12 year old who was raped by her father, her father is privy to the content of the meetings, so they ask the doctor, all smiling and pretending to be normal and you have to act like you don't know they're a rapist piece of ****, but you can't say anything, because it'll further harm the victim and open you up to potential legal recourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  19. #59
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Yeah that was definitely a crappy part of the job, when the "parents" came to visit. Some of the kids were there for totally other issues and it was great seeing the ones that cared. The ones that had a file on them as thick as my bicep were the ones I wouldn't have minded subjecting to a Dawkins-on-cocaine type of eugenics.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  20. #60
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    You guys are hijacking my thread. It's not one of Saps crappy threads, so why don't you two get a room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  21. #61
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    Link or bs? No link is admission of bs. Also, not putting the text means you are most likely typing bs.
    Aaaannnnddd the troll emerges. Either that, or he's OK with showing complete ignorance on a subject he's posting on.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  22. #62
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    I cannot provide evidence of my claim.
    True.

  23. #63
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    You guys are hijacking my thread. It's not one of Saps crappy threads, so why don't you two get a room.
    Why would you want to go back to that? It's a non story. What is your take away from it? That proper news organisations take responsibility and admit it when they get something wrong? Or was it that random guy who works for CNN having a different opinion to the network managers? I don't really see your point.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  24. #64
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    was it that random guy who works for CNN
    That random guy is now several CNN employees that are on-air, in print, and editors as well. And then that "17 intel agencies" has been retracted by all the "news" places now as it was completely fabricated.

  25. #65
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Oh, you mean there is more than one or two in an organisation of 4,000 who have differing views? How astonishing!!

    Edit: And show me the links, because I don't buy it. CNN might not publish what you agree with, but THEY are not the source of the fake news.
    Last edited by Rokchick; 07-01-2017 at 04:54 AM.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  26. #66
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    Link or bs? No link is admission of bs. Also, not putting the text means you are most likely typing bs.
    This is hard to understand, please take your time

    This is hard to use, but you can do it

    If nothing works, then try this

    For further establishmentizationesting try this
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

  27. #67
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    You guys are hijacking my thread. It's not one of Saps crappy threads, so why don't you two get a room.
    Do you really expect an apology for talking about something serious for once? We didn't really need yet another thread about "hurr durr, the media is meen to trump again" while Rok just gives one-liners while your buddy Achmed over there posts random bull**** in a semi-foreign language. At least Sap is providing a break from the usual crap-flinging for once. And if Sap is providing a break from that, you know your personal pity-party on behalf of the president (who apparently can't defend himself) has gotten pretty old.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  28. #68
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Achmed
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

  29. #69
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Oh, you mean there is more than one or two in an organisation of 4,000 who have differing views? How astonishing!!
    The views are all the same.... Russia is a fabrication, and CNN is going for, and missing pathetically, better ratings. The failing New York Times actually said a few months ago they are doing the best ever, but in reality they are having to rent our floors of their building and they are laying off employees.

    Thank you for running from the fake news of the "17 intel agencies." You always do what I say.

  30. #70
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    Lurk: I want at least partial credit for turning this thread into something better!

  31. #71
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Lurk: I want at least partial credit
    Credit only goes to the party in your communist fascist utopia.

  32. #72
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    fascist
    Is what western "democrats" are trying to impose on the whole world.

    Just because they think all what Descartes and Kant philosophy is 100% correct, and the other world is completely stone age!

    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

  33. #73
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Why would you want to go back to that? It's a non story. What is your take away from it? That proper news organisations take responsibility and admit it when they get something wrong? Or was it that random guy who works for CNN having a different opinion to the network managers? I don't really see your point.
    A non story? That's delightful, only a dishonest person would be okay with media outlets pushing false stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  34. #74
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    A non story? That's delightful, only a dishonest person would be okay with media outlets pushing false stories.
    I still don't know which story you wanted to beat up. Clarify.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  35. #75
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Of course not, it would mean you had to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  36. #76
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Of course not, it would mean you had to be honest.
    Blaze, again, that tactic doesn't work for donnie (except with idiots) it sure won't work for you. Except with idiots. If you want a discussion, just tell me what you mean. Which CNN beat-up did you mean?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  37. #77
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,858

    Default

    Obviously the topic I started, the one that proves the media is just trying to beat up on President Trump to keep idiots like you watching and outraged. Although the media, and you, always end up looking stupid because President Trump wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  38. #78
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    What does he win? The most popular prez evah? Well, not that. The race to push the US to the very bottom of the pile? Closer.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  39. #79
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    The race to push the US to the very bottom of the pile?
    Obama won that one.

  40. #80
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    8,564

    Default

    Do you guys really not understand how the rest of the world sees him (and by extension the US)?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •