Thread: Meet the Huns Discussion thread

Default Meet the Huns Discussion thread

Meet the Huns Discussion thread.

Discuss our daily announcements and the tribe features in general

A huge army of fearless nomads is about to invade the Travian World. Each day around Mid-Day 12:00 EDT / 09:00 PDT our scouts find out more and more information about them. Wonder what news they brought today?
    Look here for our daily announcements!
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Jesus do we really need to drag this out also?

Apparently so
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

Unhappy Permission

I am new to the forums but whenever you guys give links or pictures it says I don't have the privileges to see them. Is this for everyone, because I'm new or shouldn't it be like this?

If I can do anything to fix it let me know. (I did indeed verify my E-mail)

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Always a pleasure, Foley.

A Hun is nothing without his loyal warhorse, so treat it well!

^^Given the above and the pictures, Can we assume that the Huns have both light and medium cavalry and that there is something about taking care of their horses to keep them from turning into really poor infantry?

Excel

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    The Wicked Defense General

My thoughts are the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

My prediction:
    Huns will be 'offensive gauls' further relegating the gallic tribe to defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Dear Folks from Travian,

Thank you so much for asking for our feedback. I look forward to seeing the upcoming changes.

I assume that the slow reveal process is designed to allow you time to make some changes. I think I speak for myself as well as the women of Travian that it is high time there was a race of Female Warriors. Before you commit yourself to more men on horseback, please review this attached link to Female warriors in history. There are plenty of historically factual options to choose from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_ancient_warfare

It took nearly 5 years from the time that 4.0 came out until the female hero was introduced. If two new races are to be added, get some women in there. One all female race and one that is half and half would just about balance things out and make Travian more accurately reflect the demographics of your volunteer army.

Yeah fairy!!

If they are revealing this slowly, these tribes will be around for the 2020 travian birthday server.
    S1 R8 SIO - Win
    S4 R8 SIO - Win
    S3 R9 FWB - Win.

Just in time for trumps second term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Your feedback has been sent to HQ
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

Fluff
    Ya tha Best of The Best. Keep Punching Gurl
    Billy will walk with ya any day
    All The Best to Fluff
    Raster

Default Maybe they'll have villages with a movement rate

I mean, they are nomadic right? Why should they have permanent villages?

Not only is this being dragged out (ugh), but so far they've told us nothing. I want stats, costs, special buildings, etc. This game has never been about the graphics, wasn't in t3.6 and still isn't in t4 no matter how much they want to make it look like a kids game.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

To be fair, they do still have two months of time to fill with announcements. As long as I have plenty of time to compare the options before I have to choose a tribe at spawn, I'll be happy. I'm just glad we're finally getting something other than silence after the three month gap from the initial announcement.
    Last edited by Tineren; 07-05-2017 at 02:00 PM.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by fairyfluffernut View Post
    Dear Folks from Travian,

Thank you so much for asking for our feedback. I look forward to seeing the upcoming changes.

I assume that the slow reveal process is designed to allow you time to make some changes. I think I speak for myself as well as the women of Travian that it is high time there was a race of Female Warriors. Before you commit yourself to more men on horseback, please review this attached link to Female warriors in history. There are plenty of historically factual options to choose from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_ancient_warfare

It took nearly 5 years from the time that 4.0 came out until the female hero was introduced. If two new races are to be added, get some women in there. One all female race and one that is half and half would just about balance things out and make Travian more accurately reflect the demographics of your volunteer army.
    Great thoughts Fairyfluffernut. I in particular would stand up for the Celts led by Boudica. They are similar time related to the current 3 tribes. Boudica, a Celtic queen of the Iceni in Britannia, led a massive uprising against the occupying Roman forces.[150] Suetonius stated that her army contained more women than men.

She and her armies were highly feared during her reign for seemingly coming out of nowhere to strike and defeat so called superior armies.

Thanks for Listening. "Auggie"
    Last edited by dglsrussell; 07-05-2017 at 10:57 PM.

So I'm guessing that Egyptians will have construction plans? And will be able to build greats? Possibly get a resource boost? Looking at the link for today, I'm going to guess that is the extent of the "world wonder" brainstorming. I can't make out much of the hun notes, aside from speed boosts.
    s4r2 - ABT
    s4r3 - AXE
    s4r4 - ROAR
    s5r3 - Pack

now we push for an all woman trible lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Not only is this being dragged out (ugh), but so far they've told us nothing. I want stats, costs, special buildings, etc. This game has never been about the graphics, wasn't in t3.6 and still isn't in t4 no matter how much they want to make it look like a kids game.
    It never was a kids game is true. But to grow the servers back up they will need to attract the kids to the game. They are the ones who will spend their parents money. If we embrace these kids and teach them the game well they will stay around a long time. Those of you who truly want Travian to continue in the US had better embrace this concept or we will no longer have our own servers. How many of you playing today remember servers of almost 20,000 players and 15,000 on line when you signed in? Now look at us. IN Europe there still are servers like that. They did not whine and quit when the competition got tough.

So we got this message:
    "A huge army of fearless nomads is about to invade the Travian World. Each day around Mid-Day 12:00 EDT / 09:00 PDT our scouts find out more and more information about them. Wonder what news they brought today?"

Didn't get any news today. Nor yesterday. Nor the day before.

It's like they promised themselves to keep the Bailey's out of their cereal -- but only managed it for five days.

They have been posting the stats of the Huns cavalry, infantry and siege on Facebook

Edit for todays post

https://m.facebook.com/traviannews/p...909621/?type=3

Huns get a special building for an extra expansion slot. Huns are looking like a stronger combination of Teutons and Gauls.