Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingmaker

I don't care if I seem suspicious. All I did was ask a question to better understand the game. You just like to find fault with me whenever you can because I always vote for you on N1.

I'm asking whether it is compulsory for the person to choose a king or is the decision at his or her discretion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Lol.. ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

wut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

KP2:
    Mullion was lynched and was a Vanilla Town.
    MK was killed by the assassins and was a Vanilla Town.
    A new King was nominated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

OK, so now what info does the kingmaker have that we don't? Only that they voted for Mullion like everyone else and could be town or assassin, like us all. The same will happen tonight, unless we luck out on a scum first pick. I think we at least need to split the vote.

Arguments please...

In the meantime:
    Vote: Carni
    I really wanted to vote for you Blaze, because you make all your replies so aggressive it's really off-putting to discussion. Between you and Eric, you make picking on players very difficult in a fun way! But you'd get all "it's not fair" again. I'll kick myself if you turn out scum, and vote you every time in the future.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Aggressive?
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Meanwhile, how/why did you come up with carni? Seems like a pretty random vote?

Reason: already a vote on Carni -- piles are strong. Will change if the idea is to pile someone else.

Comments: that assassin kill could have been an attempted frame on me, given MK's last post, which makes Deadpool and Gibby likely town (since they were throwing shade at me -- if the mafias plan was to frame me they should not have been throwing shade at me themselves, but trying to get others to).

@Eric, SC's rules say that if the kingmaker fails to select a king, then the kingmaker himself/herself is lynched that night. So no, the kingmaker has to select a king.

EBWOP: I either misread or mis-remembered the rule -- if the king doesn't vote they die, which says nothing about the kingmaker. Is suspect SC will either go with kingmaker lynched or KP postponed as he did with KP1, either because assassins or kingmaker didn't sent role. (This is unresolved since apparently whoever didn't send their role did actually post.)

[haunt] Headless Meg floats through the town crying [haunt]

Meanwhile, how/why did you come up with carni? Seems like a pretty random vote?
    Yep, random vote.

Burn - SC said that a new king was nominated. I think that means that the kingmaker did fulfill his/her role by nominating a king.
    I'm going to go ahead and call this Cranny Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Burn - SC said that a new king was nominated. I think that means that the kingmaker did fulfill his/her role by nominating a king.
    Yes -- Eric's question was what happens if the kingmaker doesn't nominate anyone.

I thought his question was the king maker choose the kings

Vote: Rokchick
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

I'd prefer to pile on someone else, maybe Eric? A lot of what he said is kind of weird...

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

I am only voting this way because everyone else is, but I really think if Carni is town, we kill either Rok or TB. They seem to be working together without any friction, which is odd.

*Vote* Eric

Why? Two different players that have played Mafia with him before said that his "logic" was just not the same as normal for him.

Also, the kingmaker has the option of skewing the vote somewhat by choosing players he thinks will pick a Mafia member. So the more the kingmaker knows, the better it is for the town.
    Last edited by Mod Deadpool; 07-10-2017 at 10:44 PM. Reason: I'll help you out with the voting ;)

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

Use [ B ] [ / B ] without the spaces to bold votes.

I know some of you want to train on one person. I can't vote for Carni tonight, though, especially because the reason given is 'random'.

Eric, yesterday you were adamant DP was scum. Today, you vote for Rok with NO reason listed. None. If you're not mafia, you really need to start 'caring' that you seem suspicious. Because NOT caring hurts town.

VOTE: Eric
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

I understand why you guys are voting for me and the fact that it's purely random but blocking is good for town. Partly to try and save myself if I'm the king and partly to help with the vote splitting:

Vote: Eric
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Reason: Think we can do better than random voting...

Quote Originally Posted by ECH0 View Post
    Reason: Think we can do better than random voting...
    I agree with not random voting, but I think there needs to be at least 2 blocks. Ideally more. It will conftown whoever is on it if it's a mafia kill. Long odds but I can't see a better option. Although it's actually pretty tricky to work out the best strategy, almost the only driver for mafia will be to not vote for each other this round I think. Not sure what we do if we assume we have only 1 left at some stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    I agree with not random voting, but I think there needs to be at least 2 blocks. Ideally more. It will conftown whoever is on it if it's a mafia kill. Long odds but I can't see a better option. Although it's actually pretty tricky to work out the best strategy, almost the only driver for mafia will be to not vote for each other this round I think. Not sure what we do if we assume we have only 1 left at some stage.
    There is truth to this.
    votecarni

Is there a better choice than Carni?

That actually makes sense and I prefer that to one large block voting.

I don't know who is the best choice, we have nothing to go on. Right now I'm just trying to make the voting block closer to even and it's probably too late to change up on carni or eric.

Unvote: Carni

I should point out that the train switched very easily, and that if Eric is mafia, he's playing it exceptionally poorly. When you're mafia you stick with the crowd, not rail against it.

Also, I recognize that I ought to be lynched due to how I played last round as mafia, but I am not mafia this round. You'll also note that I am not even playing the same way. It's weird to throw shade like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Deadpool View Post
    but I really think if Carni is town, we kill either Rok or TB. They seem to be working together without any friction, which is odd.
    How are these statements related? How does Carni being town relate to how I followed Rok's vote? Why is it odd that I am not at odds with someone who largely agreed with an argument I presented earlier? Should I be expected to create friction with someone who agreed with me? And if so, why on Earth would I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    I know some of you want to train on one person. I can't vote for Carni tonight, though, especially because the reason given is 'random'.

Eric, yesterday you were adamant DP was scum. Today, you vote for Rok with NO reason listed. None. If you're not mafia, you really need to start 'caring' that you seem suspicious. Because NOT caring hurts town.

VOTE: Eric
    Adamant? Lol... I told you it was a gut feeling. Do read.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Unvote: Carni

I should point out that the train switched very easily, and that if Eric is mafia, he's playing it exceptionally poorly. When you're mafia you stick with the crowd, not rail against it.

Also, I recognize that I ought to be lynched due to how I played last round as mafia, but I am not mafia this round. You'll also note that I am not even playing the same way. It's weird to throw shade like this:

How are these statements related? How does Carni being town relate to how I followed Rok's vote? Why is it odd that I am not at odds with someone who largely agreed with an argument I presented earlier? Should I be expected to create friction with someone who agreed with me? And if so, why on Earth would I do that?
    Exceptionally poorly? Exactly. Do you really think that I would play this way if I was Mafia. We have played as Mafia together before haven't we. I'm just trying to do something different from everybody. I don't believe in block voting as it is pointless. All that does is that it assures you someone is going to get lynched . Now Rok wants to make 2 blocks to make sure she looks like she is contributing to town. In that aspect, you sound scummy to, Burn. I'm suspicious of Rokchick because she is the one who proposed it.
    The king maker should choose me as king as I have a higher chance to hitting Mafia that most people because I analyze behavior and past roles that the person has gotten.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    The king maker should choose me as king as I have a higher chance to hitting Mafia that most people because I analyze behavior and past roles that the person has gotten.

I don't know who is the best choice, we have nothing to go on. Right now I'm just trying to make the voting block closer to even and it's probably too late to change up on carni or eric.
    It doesn't really need to be even. Only one vote counts. Mafia don't know if they are the king. They will probably want the blocks as big as possible. I started one randomly, because I'm not an assassin, and I don't want them driving all the blocks. Which they can if there are 2 of them, and we get 2 blocks. So tomorrow lets go for 3....

KP3:
    Eric was lynched and was a Vanilla Town.
    Mod Deadpool was killed by the Assassins and was a Vanilla Town.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 07-11-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    It doesn't really need to be even. Only one vote counts. Mafia don't know if they are the king. They will probably want the blocks as big as possible. I started one randomly, because I'm not an assassin, and I don't want them driving all the blocks. Which they can if there are 2 of them, and we get 2 blocks. So tomorrow lets go for 3....
    vote: Burn
    Again.
    Reason:. He has started almost every lynch train. At the same time, he advocates for block voting - which almost guarantees a mafia win. He has refused to explain his logic at all, and would rather pick "random" (town) people rather than give us any analysis as to why he would pick them. So he picks the victim, then expects us to follow.

Please don't follow my lynch train. For pride's sake, vote for whomever you find suspicious. This is the only way we will find them. There are eight of us left, and 2-3 are mafia. We've lynched zero so far. We will lose if we continue this path.

Vote to lynch me, if you wish. But please, just lynch your own choice, not what someone else tells you to.

Gibby, mafia has killed MK after his post here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Given Burn's aggression and sometimes faulty logic, if Mullion is innocent I'm voting for Burn tomorrow.
    And Deadpool after his post here:
    I am only voting this way because everyone else is, but I really think if Carni is town, we kill either Rok or TB. They seem to be working together without any friction, which is odd.
    Add one more post to TB's weird suggestions. FoS: Burn
    If I were mafia, I'd be hilariously stupid to have killed those players after those posts. Like, laughably dumb.

I'm not Einstein, but I'm somewhat insulted that you think me stupid enough to play that way.

Also, since you've also been throwing shade at me all round, you're either (1) going to be their next target as they continue their (obvious) frame-up job, or (2) safe because you're in on the frame-up job (ie. you're an assassin).

Which is it?

And now for the third time, you won't answer my simple question.

How does block voting give us any advantage?

As for being hillariously stupid, that's exactly what you would do if you were mafia again... And it's the precisely the reason I'm voting for you. I'm only more encouraged by your overly desperate attempts at defending yourself. <3

that's exactly what you would do if you were mafia again...
    If I were mafia, I'd be playing like m.walker.m.
    And now for the third time, you won't answer my simple question.
    Not my fault you didn't read the thread.
    Think.

The kingmaker has to pick a king (whose vote will count) but does not know him/herself who is an assassin and who is town. If votes are everywhere, the kingmaker always runs the risk of picking an assassin as king, thus helping the assassins.

Furthermore, the assassins can narrow down options for who the kingmaker is in the following way -- say Blaze is the only vote for Rok and Rok is lynched -> assassins infer Blaze is not the kingmaker. Process of elimination will yield them the kingmaker.

But if we all agree on who to lynch, then (a) the assassins cannot narrow down who the kingmaker is, forcing a town strategy switch each time they kill whoever it is, and (2) we are sure that the king isn't killing someone expressly chosen by the assassins (since we all discussed it).

The only way it could be better is if we agree all to put one vote on everyone, that way the kingmaker can always choose to have anyone killed -- EXCEPT that the assassins can always save at least one of them by offing the person voting for them.
    I'm only more encouraged by your overly desperate attempts at defending yourself. <3
    Read my past rounds -- I always defend myself, town or mafia.

You haven't seen desperate yet.

SC - what time are you posting the KP tonight?

vote carni

If I were mafia, I'd be playing like m.walker.m.

Not my fault you didn't read the thread.

Read my past rounds -- I always defend myself, town or mafia.

You haven't seen desperate yet.

SC - what time are you posting the KP tonight?
    SC always posts the KP at 3 am EST - he's never been more than 20 minutes beyond that. This was in his OP... But you tend to think that playing dumb is good mafia strategy. I will provide quotes to that if you make me dig for them.
    As for explaining yourself - you never addressed MY questions. I know they weren't revolutionary ,but since this is a unique round and you've been taking the lead on it,
    you could at least try to address these:

1) block voting does not help us discern who voted for anyone. Does that not hinder us?
    2) block voting does not help us discern who the kingmaker is. Does that not hinder us?
    3) block voting is VERY easily manipulated by the mafia. Does that not hinder us?

4) *optional* please explain how, if in any way, block voting would actually help us.

I would appreciate this, thank you.

Otherwise.., for me, you're incredibly scummy,.. and I'll vote with my own brain, not the crowd.

SC always posts the KP at 3 am EST - he's never been more than 20 minutes beyond that. This was in his OP... But you tend to think that playing dumb is good mafia strategy.
    I know what time SC posted the KP in the past -- my question to him was what time he will be posting it tonight. It's not "playing dumb" to not have foreknowledge of what he will do in the future. I am asking him for confirmation that the KP will be posted at the same time for my own reasons.
    you've been taking the lead on it,
    Point: no, I haven't. I was a complete follower last KP. 100% follower. I led KP2 for good reason. It was a good reason that turned out to be wrong, but it was still a good reason.
    1) block voting does not help us discern who voted for anyone. Does that not hinder us?
    I didn't answer this because I don't understand the question. I can easily tell who voted for whom by reading their bolded votes in thread.
    2) block voting does not help us discern who the kingmaker is. Does that not hinder us?
    Vote: Gibby.
    Reason:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    It comes down to this: If I was mafia, the Kingmaker is THE player I would want to find and kill.
    This is basically an admission that you're in my scenario (2), Gibby. You're literally playing out of my playbook last mafia round. You have been throwing shade at me since N1 for no reason whatsoever back then, and mafia has been killing people suspicious of me since then to go after the mislynch. Hopefully the kingmaker doesn't believe that I'm dumb enough to have acted in the way I have to be acting for your story to be true. (For your story to be true I have to be an assassin simply killing anyone who suspects me of being the assassin, which is, as noted, hilariously stupid.)

And I apologize for prosecuting my case, but if the kingmaker selected you, it doesn't matter how many votes there are on someone else -- we'll see another mislynch.
    3) block voting is VERY easily manipulated by the mafia. Does that not hinder us?
    I fail to see how block voting is "very easily manipulated by the mafia," so I cannot answer this question. If everyone blindly follows the first vote, then I guess it's "easily manipulated." But if we all have a discussion and 6 people were suspicious of player X, then all 6 of them can't have been mafia (since there couldn't have been 6 starting mafia). TL;DR, we could, as a group, quite easily decide to block vote a mafia member. And we'd still get information out of that discussion.
    4) *optional* please explain how, if in any way, block voting would actually help us.
    Think.

The kingmaker has to pick a king (whose vote will count) but does not know him/herself who is an assassin and who is town. If votes are everywhere, the kingmaker always runs the risk of picking an assassin as king, thus helping the assassins.

Furthermore, the assassins can narrow down options for who the kingmaker is in the following way -- say Blaze is the only vote for Rok and Rok is lynched -> assassins infer Blaze is not the kingmaker. Process of elimination will yield them the kingmaker.

But if we all agree on who to lynch, then (a) the assassins cannot narrow down who the kingmaker is, forcing a town strategy switch each time they kill whoever it is, and (2) we are sure that the king isn't killing someone expressly chosen by the assassins (since we all discussed it).

The only way it could be better is if we agree all to put one vote on everyone, that way the kingmaker can always choose to have anyone killed -- EXCEPT that the assassins can always save at least one of them by offing the person voting for them.
    Town voting as a block increases our odds at having the king vote with us when scum hunting.
    In any case, as Kerzi has said as well -- there are pros and cons of following a block vote. The fact that you disagree with me about its prudence doesn't bear any relation whatsoever with your since-N1 random, unexplained suspicion that I am mafia (see your N1 vote). In other words, let's just say for the sake of argument that I'm wrong about block voting being beneficial; how on Earth is that supposed to imply that therefore I'm mafia???????
    That's a scummy thing to say.
    vote: Burn

Why did you quote me?