Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Kingmaker

Ebwodp: FOS ROK**
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    FOR Rok, what you said is not true.
    Which bit?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

I believe that it was that if everyone votes for Gibby she can't be mafia because her fellow mafia wouldn't want to vote for her. Which I disagree with btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

I'm not mafia, tho =(
    I'm going to go ahead and call this Cranny Envy

Vote: Gibby

I'm just following the block honestly. Also this round has me so confused and work has my brain at a point where I just can't process everything.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I'm not mafia, tho =(
    Why? If you don't know if you are king, you have to vote against your team. I think that's pretty much the underlying driver here. What would be the point of EVERYONE voting for Gibby, her being lynched and being mafia? They would be one down and no further ahead. No one would have any extra info, and they would be one short. You could say that they might want to "take a chance", but what's the point? We have less than 3 nights left at best.

OOPS meant to reply to Echo

KP4:
    Gibby was lynched and was an Assassin.
    Rok was killed by the Assassins and was a Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

What the hell is a hero? Walker is the only one who didn't vote gibby, but would mafia take a chance at being the only one who didn't? An experienced player I do not see taking that chance, but I don't know walker.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

vote carnival
    Waited until last minute, I have started to vote carni several times and does have a scummy vibe.

What the hell is a hero?
    I answered this when everyone asked what roles were in play at the beginning of the round.
    All role information can be found at the link I provided in the sign up thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

I want to protest that I was not out banging hot princesses.

I, too, would like to complain thusly.

And before I start with what we should do tonight, I want to compliment Gibby -- you did an excellent job making me look hella suspicious. You shouldn't have pulled the trigger yourself, though. You should have waited for a townie to pull the trigger on it, and left me alive for now. You got unlucky with who you tried to frame, which you'll learn about after the thread .

Now, there are 6 players left and (probably) 2 mafia. That means it's still LYLO. (If there's only 1 mafia, that's another story, and we're in safer waters.)

I should be considered almost certain town.
    Echo should be considered almost certain town due to his early comments that he was believing ME not GIBBY.
    Blaze should be considered almost certain town due to his early comments that he agreed it looked like an obvious frame, indicating he was going to vote with ME, not GIBBY.
    Kerzi waited too long -- she had a reason, but due to her position in the vote train, she should NOT be considered almost certain town.
    Carni went along with the block vote because he had to, and should NOT be considered almost certain town.
    m.walker.m voted wrong, so could be mafia.

So we're in a position where, from my perspective (and my perspective is important), and from the perspectives of everyone outside the following list of 3 people, 1-2 of the following 3 people are mafia:
    m.walker.m
    Carni
    Kerzi

Now it just so happens that I ordered those players in the order I believe them to be most likely mafia to least likely mafia. I recommend a block vote on m.walker.m.

To that end:
    Vote: m.walker.m

Up for discussion, though.

I'm good with either honestly, although carni is my first choice, both seem dirtier than anyone else. Not voting for the first maf kill does stand out, but almost too much.

Walker, was there a reason you voted where you did?

/haunt
    SC can we see who all the king kills were at the end?
    /end haunt

I'm good with either honestly, although carni is my first choice, both seem dirtier than anyone else. Not voting for the first maf kill does stand out, but almost too much.
    This is true, but (a) echo is confirmed for town, meaning that the vote was inaccurate, and (b) as I said earlier, there was always a chance she was the king, meaning that maff could have won the game just with that vote, so there's some compensation for taking the risk. In other words, it's not as stupid to do that as mafia as it would be in other mafia games.

Echo and Kerzi -- would you two mind posting your thoughts ASAP?

(About who you think is mafia, and about whether the person who is kingmaker should roleclaim just so there is 1 more conftown, assuming it is one of the 3 on the suspicious list. THat is, Kerzi, if you're kingmaker, it might make sense to roleclaim. Thoughts?)

Yeah, I recognize that my vote order was not good, but there wasn't anything I could do to prevent it. Just glad yesterday is over, cause hell day.

To your one question, Burn: I do not think the Kingmaker should role claim. If we choose correctly and there are 2 mafia left as of right now, there is another day. If that is the case, if they come out of the shadows today without a counter claim they are absolutely dead tonight.

Here are my other thoughts:

1) If there are 2 mafia, at least one voted for Gibby. If there is 1, it's either Excel (walker) with his lone vote off of her, or it's another. Odds are that Excel is mafia. But, there is the possibility that he's not. If he's not, that means ALL mafia voted for Gibby (1 or 2). The only reason I can think of for them to do that, if that's the case, is if at least one of them feels 'safe' from the vote.

2) I keep going back to the first night, when the day was prolonged because a role was not sent. There are two possibilities that I can see: 1) it was someone who posted early, then could not/forgot to come back or 2) someone who posted very late, with SC delaying a little bit more afterwards to not make them SO obvious. For (1), Excel came back after his first post, so it probably was not him. Carni has only posted twice this thread. I believe he also missed that first deadline, along with mullion...and I think we all missed that point initially.

3) I don't have a 'conf town' list. I agree that Burn and Blaze seem town, as does Ech0. I won't discount the small possibility that Gibby and company pre-planned to play against each other for the exact purpose of making the other(s) unquestionable. The odds favour it being Carni and/or Excel, because of my first two points...but this third point is killing my head, just because of how unlikely it probably, tug-a-war with the tiny chance that we're simply being well played.
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Why? If you don't know if you are king, you have to vote against your team. I think that's pretty much the underlying driver here. What would be the point of EVERYONE voting for Gibby, her being lynched and being mafia? They would be one down and no further ahead. No one would have any extra info, and they would be one short. You could say that they might want to "take a chance", but what's the point? We have less than 3 nights left at best.
    I know you're dead but my thought is that mafia wouldn't take a chance voting for Gibby. I mean we have never once voted as a block vote...

You take the princesses and I'll take the hero?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Echo and Kerzi -- would you two mind posting your thoughts ASAP?
    I don't think you or Blazin are scum (if you one or both of you guys are, well done).

Leaning towards mullion because of his really weird post yesterday...

Would love to hear from him how I was disingenuous...

Will think on Kingmaker roleclaiming, leaning against it at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    To your one question, Burn: I do not think the Kingmaker should role claim. If we choose correctly and there are 2 mafia left as of right now, there is another day. If that is the case, if they come out of the shadows today without a counter claim they are absolutely dead tonight.
    Right, my point was this - only mafia would counterclaim, so if you, m.walker.m, or Carni are kingmaker, then at most, 2 of you can claim it. If there are 2 mafia left, then the third player is 100% chance of being mafia. That'd be who we vote for. (Of course, then the third mafia could also claim it, making it back to 33/33/33. But it's not actually like that because my feeling is that you're town and the other 2 are mafia.)

And anyway, your point about the inactivity is also well taken. I was also trying to figure out whether it was more likely that the GF is carni or m.walker.m -- but it also could have been intentional. The GF could have intentionally not sent it in to focus us on inactives. (I.e., you could be GF and have done that on purpose.)

If Carni is mafia the best chance would be for Carni to vote for m.walker with us and then try to convince me that Kerzi, not Carni, is the last mafia.
    If Kerzi is mafia, she's already mostly sold me on being a town, and can probably just follow us voting for m.walker.
    If Echo or Blaze are mafia, it's gg town. (As in, we lost.)

Here's what I want from everyone:
    Is Carni or m.walker more likely to be mafia. I say m.walker. What do others think?

Blaze has already said Carni, Kerzi, which is more for you -- and Echo, which is more mafia?

I really can't tell from their post histories.

If it's them, though, it doesn't matter. For reasons.

(That is, if it's them, we know who they both are, so...)

A head's up on today: I am now at work; part of my portfolio is supervising summer camps. My ability to keep up with this thread during the day is now entirely dependant on how many 'fires' come up.

As for Excel/Carni:

Excel's vote sticks out like a sore thumb. I just can't get over HOW much it sticks out, though. Why would mafia put themselves on a platter like that? I'm leaning to Carni because of that.

It's very possible that I am overthinking things, too.
    NI!

Alright, on balance, I think I'm convinced by this. It doesn't matter.

I'm going to tip my hand -- I've made a decision to do so against your advices.

King during KP2: Rok
    King during KP3: Kerzi
    King during KP4: Blazin
    Current king: Echo

So I'd suggest voting for Carni. Carni's possibly got to try to convince that m.walker is more likely. (Maybe by doing so he can then try to throw shade on Kerzi?) Or just say nothing and m.walker has to convince that someone else is more likely? Not sure where they can go.

But yeah, I'm kingmaker, and y'alls should probably go with Carni. If not, m.walker. Your pick, Echo.

Unvote: m.walker
    Vote: Carni

My understanding of the rules is that this roleclaim is allowed (even though it probably gets me killed), and that everyone is eligible to be king next round. Pretty sure y'alls are safe next round based on my picks for king and secondary there, too. You might have to do without me for the next round -- if something happens to change your minds about who mafia is (ie. it could still theoretically be anyone, we're just guessing with high chances that Echo and Blaze are safe, and admitting that if they're not, it's already gg.)

Anyway, peace out pallies . I got work to do, too. (I'm jealous of Kerzi working at a camp though -- I miss working at a summer camp.)

I agree with Kerzi about mullion.

I believe he (she?) is new so it may have been a rookie mistake...

Oh sure no pressure ech0

I am pretty sure both of them are mafia and it doesn't matter, but Kerzi and Blaze both think Carni is more likely and they have convinced me.

You should have insisted on the Kingmaker roleclaiming, would have been much more useful if someone tried to claim it first.

That being said, I'll follow the vote of the non-scummy seeing people.

Vote: Carni

I actually have pretty much no idea why we think Carni or Kerzi could be scummy but everyone seems to agree so I'm just going along with it...

I considered insisting but decided eventually that this is better. Carni is scummy because of activity N1 (remember, mullion we lynched for being inactive but came up town), and because of being the very last person to hop on the train for Gibby. And for being so not-posty.

Kerzi could still be it because unlike you and Blaze, who were saying how you were going to vote with me, not Gibby, during the night we got Gibby, she only came in on it later when it was already decided that we were going to vote for Gibby not for me. (Mafia members would want to make sure Gibby was going to lose the vote before coming along and saying she was mafia not me.)

If you or Blaze is mafia I guess it's already gg because all logic is assuming you're town -- because yesterday when we lynched Gibby I goaded both of you to come out and express how you thought Gibby was mafia not me. (If you went the other way, the vote would have gone the other way. You would have done that if you were mafia.)

I assume I die tonight because I'm conftown, but just be careful tomorrow night. I do have to go now, though .

Makes sense. I mean it's possible that you and Blazin are mafia

Lol, echo don't throw the round.

changes vote to blazin

Don't be jealous, Burn. Supervising 7 camps simply means I deal mostly with the not so fun stuff that pops up. I do, however, make it a point to try to lead a game for old times sake at least once a week, cause sanity.

For what it's worth, Ech0, now that only your vote counts: Burns summed it up nicely regarding Carni (I really like the term 'non-posty', btw). Excel (walker) is obvious, but could have been a rookie mistake, as you said (I'm assuming you meant Excel when you said Mullion).

And I DON'T like that you claimed, Burns. For the record, again
    NI!

Quote Originally Posted by ECH0 View Post
    changes vote to blazin
    Plot twist, I'm actually the king maker.

Double plot twist, echo is mafia and burns just gave him the game.

Double plot twist, echo is mafia and burns just gave him the game.

GG everyone