Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Kingmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    /haunt
    SC can we see who all the king kills were at the end?
    /end haunt
    I will be making a post game synopsis of the round from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Oops. I got a bit blindered with the 'only Ech0's vote counts'. Still should vote, cause god knows SC is known for weird twists sometimes

Vote: Carni
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

I'm going to sacrifice for the town. After reading today's posts, I'd have to vote Carni, but I'm not. Instead, I will give the kingmaker the chance to kill me. Along with the mafia. I am going to make myself a Mafia target also by roleclaiming. Role: Hero VOTE NO VOTE

p.s. Echo: it is your persistent assertation that block voting helps when it obviously is no help at all that made me suspect you.
    Last edited by m.walker.m; 07-12-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m.walker.m View Post
    I'm going to sacrifice for the town. After reading today's posts, I'd have to vote Carni, but I'm not. Instead, I will give the kingmaker the chance to kill me. Along with the mafia. I am going to make myself a Mafia target also by roleclaiming. Role: Hero VOTE NO VOTE

p.s. Echo: it is your persistent assertation that block voting helps when it obviously is no help at all that made me suspect you.
    If it is obviously no help at all then perhaps you should explain why. I have explained before why I think it is helpful. I have yet to see a rebuttal from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

I have yet to see one iota of info developed by block voting. I do see that two of us have roleclaimed, and I think that should help the town figure out who Mafia is.

How, if you are who you are claiming to be, consider that helping? If you are indeed a hero, and you get lymched, echo dies. Do you think echo is mafia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Heck, even if echo is mafia, he is already king. So you role claiming did the opposite of help from what I see. Had you kept quiet if you are indeed the hero, there was at least a chance he would have thrown the vote elsewhere, had he chosen you he would have been killed instead of you, which would have helped us. Poor timing IMO, so I'm keeping my vote on Carni.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

The hero is already dead. Rok was the hero. False roleclaim is false.

It's Carni and m.walker.m.

I have yet to see one iota of info developed by block voting. I do see that two of us have roleclaimed, and I think that should help the town figure out who Mafia is.
    Really? You do know that everyone suspects you of being mafia because you didn't block vote?

@blazin, the only good time it is to claim hero is if you're mafia and people want to lynch you

Should I switch my vote to mullion? Based upon the link the SC provided, there can only be one hero if I'm reading it right.

1) I still claim to be a hero. (note: I did not say "the" hero)
    2) This is my third round of Mafia ever.
    3) I've never been one to follow the crowd when I think they are wrong. Most of you here know me well enough to know that. If not, check with them.
    4) If I were Mafia, I would be confusing everyone by pushing block voting.
    5) Role claiming seems to me to be the key to getting clues here in this format.
    Since, no matter what the argument is, no one, and I mean no one has developed one shred of evidence based on block voting.

Excel

Not true. We know Echo and Blaze are town despite their block vote.

The strategy was for m.walker to avoid lynch by trying to scare us from lynching him.

Even perhaps to allow Carni to come on and say "aha but you're mafia" and try to look town.

Despite your pleas of inexperience, that wasn't a half bad plan. (It was at least 3/4 good.)

I'm more convinced than ever that m.walker and Carni must be the ones -- Echo, you could switch.

I suppose I should edit this in, but double posting seems to be ok here.

I went and read the Wikapaedia entry dealing with this format. It specifically states that there will be only two Mafia. I don't know if Scarecrow followed that, though.

I'm still willing to agree that Carni should get killed by the king this turn, but mostly because you all seem to have a lot more Mafia experience than I do.
    But when he turns out to be yet another vanilla townie, I advise the next kingmaker and King to look closely at Echo. He's been doing his best all round to target the newbs and to push for block voting. I expect the Mafia to kill me this turn instead of the kingmaker. Just to shut me up.

If you agree carni should be lynched, why are not voting carni? You said you dont follow the crowd when you think they are wrong. That's two votes in a row you have thrown, the first being gibby. TB led against gibby so I'm inclined to stick with him.

I'm also roleclaimed without a counterclaim.

"Why am I not voting Carni?"

Because, to my eyes, block voting is a red herring and does nothing to help figure out who is Mafia or town. By officially not voting (bold and all ) I give the town one more actual data point to use. Is this a good move for me, personally? Not at all. The kingmaker can kill me now. That's a fact. I've made myself a target for the Mafia, leavened only by the kingmaker role claiming and possibly being a higher priority target. In point
    of fact, I expect to get killed one way or the other at the end of this turn. And I've done what I can to actually help figure out who the Mafia are. Fair trade? For me it is.

Excel

I suppose I should edit this in, but double posting seems to be ok here.

I went and read the Wikapaedia entry dealing with this format. It specifically states that there will be only two Mafia. I don't know if Scarecrow followed that, though.

I'm still willing to agree that Carni should get killed by the king this turn, but mostly because you all seem to have a lot more Mafia experience than I do.
    But when he turns out to be yet another vanilla townie, I advise the next kingmaker and King to look closely at Echo. He's been doing his best all round to target the newbs and to push for block voting. I expect the Mafia to kill me this turn instead of the kingmaker. Just to shut me up.
    The wiki states that there is one hero.

I've hardly been pushing to kill the newbs. Block voting? Yes, but I've explained why and you haven't refuted my points.

As a note, editing posts is frowned upon (and illegal in some games) because if you slip up in a post you could try to edit it out.

That being said, who would you guys prefer for me to vote for? That is, who is most likely to be mafia?

"Why am I not voting Carni?"

Because, to my eyes, block voting is a red herring and does nothing to help figure out who is Mafia or town. By officially not voting (bold and all ) I give the town one more actual data point to use. Is this a good move for me, personally? Not at all. The kingmaker can kill me now. That's a fact. I've made myself a target for the Mafia, leavened only by the kingmaker role claiming and possibly being a higher priority target. In point
    of fact, I expect to get killed one way or the other at the end of this turn. And I've done what I can to actually help figure out who the Mafia are. Fair trade? For me it is.

Excel
    What.

Echo, it's like 10/10 that m.walker and Carni are the last 2 maff so it seriously doesn't matter.

Excel:

1) This was not a good move for a town to make.
    2) You said 'when Carni proves to be town'. Only a maf would say that.
    3) You're fixated on Ech0 and block voting yet you've ignored Burn, who is THE proponent of block voting this round.
    4) There absolutely are advantages to block voting. Disadvantages, too....but those same advantages and disadvantages exist for the alternative. It's not absolute, it's not black or white.
    5) That write up DOES say THE hero. It gives a write up to explain how there will always be one Kingmaker. Nothing about the hero, or more than one hero, other than the fact that an exposed hero cannot be named Kingmaker.
    6) There absolutely WAS a clue left by block voting: You, and your sore thumb vote.
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    6) There absolutely WAS a clue left by block voting: You, and your sore thumb vote.
    ROFL.

After this round, I'm +10'ing this post because I actually laughed aloud.

Kill the imposter!!!!

I am now crying with laughter.

@Echo: I think you missed my point. Which was that if block voting actually helped, then why have there been zero results other than suspicion pointed at me?

I now have a strong suspicion who the Mafia actually is/are. But any further posts by me will be irrelevant as I will be ignored by the town.

p.s. Sorry about editing. I did tell you I'm new to this.

Excel

@Echo: I think you missed my point. Which was that if block voting actually helped, then why have there been zero results other than suspicion pointed at me?

I now have a strong suspicion who the Mafia actually is/are. But any further posts by me will be irrelevant as I will be ignored by the town.

Excel
    Nice that you're just going to miss the points that Kerzi made.

I think the results that we got from block voting are enough. I pointed out why just voting everywhere helps mafia.

Very nice of you to prove your town credentials by continuing to suss out the mafia even though people think you're mafia. Really helps prove your innocence.

Excel
    Zero results other than suspicion on you??? How do you explain Carni facing the gallows if you are the only one suspected. In the future, when your teammate is going to be lynched, join that vote. You knew the odds were Gibbs being strung up, and you threw your vote on the one chance you were king last night. You were not, and your teammate got lynched. Now a false role claim, I would lynch you just because of that tonight, but we will hang you tomorrow.

Carni isn't posting so we need someone to keep us entertained tomorrow.

True story with the exception of there not being anything to discuss.

Maybe if we beg SC for the KP now

If we can get SC to give an early KP, lynch walker as a lesson lol.

I always liked those games that had the day end as soon as all the votes and roles were in.

We are waiting on an inactive. Let's lynch walker.
    unvote
    vote walker

What if TB isn't being honest? unvote
    vote Carni

Huh?

I'm just saying "what if".. I do feel that TB is town.. but, TB is a good player, and what if I'm wrong. It is lylo correct?

If there are 2 mafia, then it's LYLO. If there are 2 mafia, it's carni and m.walker.

If there is 1 mafia, it isn't LYLO, and idk if it's m.walker or Carni, but who cares cause it isn't lylo.

And everyone except carni has posted and no one counterclaimed kingmaker, so... that's basically confirmation.

Also, yeah I'm a good playa. You remember that.

KP5
    Carni was lynched and was a Vanilla Town
    TB was killed by the Assassins and was the Kingmaker.

Assassins have won.

Congratulations to Blazin, Kerzi and Gibby.

I'll post my thoughts on the round shortly.

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Host's Thoughts:

All of the round suggestions I was working with disabled 'Follow The Cop' as a tactic. This ideology of play has been prevalent for many months now. The main guides for players this round were the players' own intuition and the posts of others.

This set up is overly difficult for town. I do not think I would ever expect a positive win ratio for town in this type of set up. In future, I would contemplate adding more heroes to the round. Although they introduce some heavy swing, I think this would be vital to town's odds.

The hardest role this round would have had to been that of the Kingmaker (a role that was able to be inherited had Burn been killed). The Kingmaker has to both judge the players around them and forecast potential outcomes for the following day. For this, Burn deserves a honorable mention. He played well but was ultimately played himself and I'm unsure if there was anyone who could have potentially performed better had they been in his shoes.

The mafia missed their first kill submission hence the late kp day 1. After that hiccup, they played almost without error (Gibby outing herself being the lone error). There were some minor ques that could have been picked up on but without my privileged seat as host, I'm not sure whether I would have found them either. They are each deserving of MVP status this round.

I have to give an honorable mention to m.walker.m. Even with his limited experience he stuck to his guns in the end. I wonder what would have happened if he had been louder earlier given his role as a hero (which both protected him from lynches and killed whomever the king was that voted for him). This had the potential to be a significant factor at the end.

The first few nights watching people establish a meta for the round was overly interesting.
    If I had of been playing the round, I don't think I would have voted in a bloc for the sole reason of bloc voting. Rather I'd have only done so if my own suspicions lined up. Everyone had an equal opportunity to be the deciding vote for a night. Everyone had the power to potentially confirm their own suspicions if only they were 'the king'.
    Having said that, there is definitely pros and cons to each of the methods as has been hashed multiple times and there is no right or wrong in this instance.

This round also emphasized the importance of communication and the need for town players to post. When people do not post, there is literally no information to go off of. Being able to read into people and their posts is an exceptionally powerful ability to wield in mafia in general. The main sub-groups of players I see are those who rely solely on specials for progress, those who perform analysis based on their interpretation of posts and intuition and those who focus on math. Good players will integrate 2 of these into their play-style; Great players all 3.
    This round evidently removed the ability of the first subgroup and as such, they will have suffered the most whilst simultaneously handicapping all others.

If nothing else, I think this round has proved to an exceptional round for learning providing a hefty dose of experience. I don't think anyone can claim that they came out of this round a worse player than they were before. This round was hard.

Finally, a thank you to all for playing. I hoped that a) you enjoyed it (and if you didn't then,) b) learned a great deal.
    If anyone has any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer where I'm able.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Well then. Blazin, by playing almost like a usual rat, you slipped past! Well done. I was tempted to vote for you when I was king, but didn't because I wanted it to be totally random. Shot us in the foot there. Kerzi wasn't my top pick either. Still m.walker.... Ah well, live and learn.
    Thanks SC.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Nooooooo.

Wtf were the townies DOING?

Kerzi would have fallen if Carni had been playing and m.walker was playing a game of mafia. I even got Carni killed really really clever-like.

Upset / 10.

Anyway that's the real nail in the coffin of anything but follow the cop strategies on these forums SC -- it's hard to ferret out the mafia when you have busy people who sometimes go inactive and townies who just behave hilariously unlike townies. When we used to do rounds without cops, we had a ton of players and could hand pick which ones would be in those rounds.

Well played though Kerzi and Blaze. And Gibby but I caught you, so tongueface.jpeg.