Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kingmaker

That was a hard round for town. Good game everyone

My pre-coffee comments:

1) although I harped on 'equality' of choices, block voting made it a lot easier to hide as a mafia.

2) that fricking second last day from hell...argh. I told Blaze and Gibs that morning, RIGHT after she posted that first comment of the day, that I was going to vote for her. Then work happened, and sucked my life away till almost bedtime.

3) Excel played well for a rookie. Had he latched on to one of the three of us instead of Echo that could have been very damaging.

4) Thanks, SC. I think that was a great game to cap off the forum
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Also, Burn..It was fun essentially repeating last game, but with our roles flipped. Methinks you and I have a hard time believing the other could be a bad guy, even though deep down we KNOW
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

I had a blast playing this round. I like the kingmaker setup - we had to think a bit differently for it, and the debates on how to vote were great. Thank you so much for hosting, SC!

3 assassins was wayyyyy too much. We could have had a clean sweep yesterday with no real suspects if I hadn't purposefully gotten myself lynched. I felt that it would have been a hollow victory if I hadn't. This setup was too hard for town, especially with blazin and Kerzi's excellent scheming and acting. I would love to play another round of kingmaker, but with fewer assassins (or more heros, if that would help). For a first run, it was great. I absolutely enjoyed every minute of it.

Shoutout to blazin and Kerzi for being an awesome and very active team and for putting up with me. Shoutout to Burn for leading some excellent discussions (I still think block voting is wrong ;P) and for doing a stellar job as kingmaker. Excel's roleclaim was well-timed. I think everyone did great.

Thanks, everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and call this Cranny Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    Also, Burn..It was fun essentially repeating last game, but with our roles flipped. Methinks you and I have a hard time believing the other could be a bad guy, even though deep down we KNOW
    You have me on the edge every time.

I didn't even want to believe Gibby was a bad guy. And, well, she wasn't. She was a bad gal .

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Also, yeah I'm a good playa. You remember that.
    I would like to take a moment to thank this rounds MVP. Thanks TB, I knew when you stuck up for me at the very beginning I earned another n1 lynch vote against me. Everytime someone argued with you, we killed them. It was a blatant set up, and whereas we didn't want to kill you until last for the win, we were hoping someone else would blame you.
    Ech0, good job sticking with carni last night, I tried so hard to get you to vote walker so you would self lynch, I honestly believed I had outed myself. I even told Keri she might need to vote against me lol. Good round, and good job all around.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

We really did not have enough clues to do anything but guess this round. And it was not until after Kerzi posted yesterday that I had enough clues to be sure of any Mafia members. In this case, her. Alas, too late. From my newb perspective, I think I see a way for the town to have gotten the advantage. But it would have had to be implemented at the very beginning. If every player had claimed a role, and then all voted for different players, we would have developed quite a few clues as to who was who. Particularly if the Kingmaker expounded each turn on what he'd done. As it was, the only clues we had were in interpreting the posts each day and trying to determine the Mafia based on the personalities involved. Which is how I figured out Kerzi was Mafia the last day. That post was totally unlike her and did not address things she normally would never have left unaddressed. Obviously, I too was mislead by assuming Echo was Mafia based on his posts.

Some general observations based on playing this single round with you folks:
    In my opinion, you rely far too much on trying to read each others personalities through the posts. And far too little on trying to develop logical clues. Old friendships and old feuds are not the best basis to make decisions on in this game.

I did enjoy it, and I will likely play again. But don't expect me to just run with the pack again. Not unless you have a logical basis to develop actual clues based on game play.

Excel

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I would like to take a moment to thank this rounds MVP. Thanks TB, I knew when you stuck up for me at the very beginning I earned another n1 lynch vote against me. Everytime someone argued with you, we killed them. It was a blatant set up, and whereas we didn't want to kill you until last for the win, we were hoping someone else would blame you.
    Ech0, good job sticking with carni last night, I tried so hard to get you to vote walker so you would self lynch, I honestly believed I had outed myself. I even told Keri she might need to vote against me lol. Good round, and good job all around.
    Wait, have y'alls not figured out Echo wasn't king last night yet, then XD

I had that feeling, which is why I last minute switched my vote, then I panicked thinking you were misleading me and voted back. That's when I gave myself up. Had I been town and seen thay, I would have jumped on it.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

So, no, who was last night's king?

Good game everyone. I agree that it would have been better to have two mafia.

I definitely did have suspicions of blazin towards the end but wasn't sure if it was just blazin being blazin. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

I knew Blaze was scum when he didnt continue the argument and just replied lol OK. I just didn't have proof. Well played Assassins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

So, no, who was last night's king?
    None other than Carni himself!

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by ECH0 View Post
    Good game everyone. I agree that it would have been better to have two mafia.

I definitely did have suspicions of blazin towards the end but wasn't sure if it was just blazin being blazin. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.
    I'm always being me.

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    All of the round suggestions I was working with disabled 'Follow The Cop' as a tactic. This ideology of play has been prevalent for many months now. The main guides for players this round were the players' own intuition and the posts of others.
    You really wouldn't like the rounds on the UK forum then.

I wanted something different. I delivered that something different.
    I've already agreed with the "it was too hard for town comments".
    These conversations after the end indiciate to me that the round had the desired effect and that people enjoyed themselves (which is the main thing really).

I think my next round will be a play on Assassin in the Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

I enjoyed it immensely. These will absolutely work when we have enough players to handpick players who will all be active, participatory, and logical.