Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingmaker

Default Kingmaker

Kingmaker Mafia

Assassins have won.

Rules:
    1. Only the mafia are allowed outside communication.
    2. The mafia team have a nightly kill.
    3. The Kingmaker selects 2 people each night to become the 'King'; A primary and a secondary. The secondary will not take precedence unless the primary is killed.
    4. The Kingmaker must choose a new, different king each night. Repeat kings are disallowed until there are 5 or less players left.
    5. The only vote that counts for the lynch is the King's.
    6. If the Kingmaker is executed, a new Kingmaker arises out of the town (appointed via random.org) and chooses a King for the next day. If the Kingmaker is killed at night, a new Kingmaker similarly arises but the old Kingmaker's final choice is used for the next day.
    7. If a deadline has passed and the King has not voted, the King will be executed as the town will grow tired of his incompetence! No Lynch is not an option.
    8. The first night will not have a lynch as a king will not have been appointed.
    9. KP will be posted at 5:00pm GMT+10.
    10. Please post all votes in Bold.
    11. Ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse.

Players:
    • Mousekeyboard - Vanilla
    • Kerzi - Goon
    • The Burninator - Kingmaker
    • m.walker.m - Hero
    • mullion - Vanilla
    • Carni - Vanilla
    • The Blazin1 - Godfather
    • Flossie - Vanilla
    • Eric - Vanilla
    • Ech0 - Vanilla
    • Deadpool - Vanilla
    • Rokchick - Hero
    • Gibby - Assassin

KP:
    KP1
    KP2
    KP3
    KP4
    KP5

Roles have now been distributed. If there is anyone I have missed, please let me know.
    The game has now begun.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 07-13-2017 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Let me make sure I understand, no matter how many votes a player gets, only one vote (kings) count? Also, is there a list of roles? Or is it just mafia, VT, and an alternating king?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Is No lynch only not an option for the king?
    Not that it matters
    Vote; Blazin
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

SC would you mind explaining:

1) How the assassins would win? Do they have to outnumber the village, like in a usual mafia game, or...?

2) And I assume that village wins if the assassins are eliminated, presumably by kingly execution?

3) Is the King informed that he/she is the king, or is it just the case that his/her vote is the only one that counts?

4) Can the King kill the Kingmaker, either on purpose or by accident? (Is the King told who made them King?)

5) Are there other roles in play, such as doctors, detectives, etc? (I just want to know if there's a doc and/or detective and/or whatever-else-the-hell.)

And before y'alls go ahead and try to infer my role, I haven't even opened the PM yet; I wanted to ask about the rules beforehand so I didn't have to play the "does-this-question-make-me-look-fat" game.

"8. The first night will not have a lynch as a king will not have been appointed."

So no votes period until tomorrow?
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Here comes the Rok and Eric train. Every time, it's like you two intentionally get me arguing just to confuse the game, it isn't helpful
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

What happens if the king nominates scum?

Ebwop, what I mean is, say the kingmaker selects Rok to be king tomorrow night and Rok is scum. Will she be act as king and have the only lynch vote that counts?

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    And before y'alls go ahead and try to infer my role, I haven't even opened the PM yet;
    That's a scummy thing to say.
    vote: Burn
    I'm going to go ahead and call this Cranny Envy

Assassins win as a normal mafia do; outnumber the town.

Assasins must be eliminated in order for town to win.

King will not be informed but their vote will be the sole vote that counts.

Kill may kill the kingmaker. Upon the kingmaker's death, a new one will be determined via random.org.

Only roles in play are Kingmaker, Mafia, VT and Hero roles.

Votes won't count until tomorrow as there is currently no king.

Mafia may be nominated king. In that instance, they control the lynch for that night.

If you vote no lynch and end up the king, you kill yourself. Otherwise it won't matter. I advise always voting someone so you don't kill yourself.

More information can be found in the link I posted in the sign up thread including role pm's.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 07-07-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

This should be interesting.

I'm almost a total n00b at this game. But I see that
    1) if I don't vote and get chosen King, I die. and
    2) No one will get killed by my vote this first round.
    So I choose Kerzi.

Guys I'm totes an assassin. Other assassins should PM me and stuff. We'll have a nice chat about how we're all assassins.

Vote: Gibby
    Reason: She voted for me first! (RVS / votes are of questionable import anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Here comes the Rok and Eric train. Every time, it's like you two intentionally get me arguing just to confuse the game, it isn't helpful
    Oh good lord, snowflake, its the one time I cant do any damage to you.
    Feel free to vote for me sweetie.

How do you know that? All I see is everyone voting randomly and only one vote counts, town still needs to vote as a block or it will just be chaos.

The country with the world's longest official name

Vote: Blazin
    Reason:
    He already thinks everyone is out to get him, it may as well be true.

Vote:Blazin
    Reason: Tradition.

I can say with full confidence that Blazin and I will never be selected as kings if the person is sane lol

SC,Will we know if we have been selected as kings? Will I know the identity of the secondary king or primary king?
    Should the lynch be sent via PM or I just need to vote ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Well, at least you guys are voting together.

voteMK, train hopping.

Excel: you have to bold the word 'vote' for it to count. Like this:

Vote: m.walker.m (who I will henceforth only ever refer to as Excel :d )
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

unvote: vote: blazin
    reason: his reactions are super entertaining.

You guys finally take my advice and use it against me... oh the humanity.

You guys finally take my advice and use it against me... oh the humanity.
    Democracy's only desirable when it works out in your favor? I'm predicting that you'll be grateful when the only votes that count are those of the electoral college king.

Need a safe space and a comfort dog?

Nah, I just need my 1st and 4 amendments tbh.

As much as I hate to do this:

Blaze is correct about voting in a block for several reasons, but mostly they only really apply after N1. Since it's never fun to be that guy that everyone hops on N1, I'd like to lodge my official protest of that treatment here. It's poor game to game mafia strategy, tending to make the game less, not more fun.

Blaze is correct about voting in a block for several reasons, but mostly they only really apply after N1. Since it's never fun to be that guy that everyone hops on N1, I'd like to lodge my official protest of that treatment here. It's poor game to game mafia strategy, tending to make the game less, not more fun.
    Who are you and what did you with TB? Thanks man, really that's the best way we have at winning IMO, I dont think rogue kings will help.

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

How does voting in blocks help? Do we eliminate the entire 'block' as kings for the next day/foreseeable future given that there cannot be 'repeat' kings ? This could be a good enough strategy.

Vote: blazin
    Doesn't matter anyways

Town voting as a block increases our odds at having the king vote with us when scum hunting.

Vote: blazin
    Sorry but it appears to be the way it's going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    I can say with full confidence that Blazin and I will never be selected as kings if the person is sane lol

SC,Will we know if we have been selected as kings? Will I know the identity of the secondary king or primary king?
    Should the lynch be sent via PM or I just need to vote ?
    Kings are not able to be repeated unless there are 5 people or less left.

The nominated King will not know if they are selected. The only people who will know the primary and secondary are the Kingmaker and myself.

Vote in thread please.

How does voting in a block help?
    It can ONLY be useful if the block is determined by the king. In which case, he's outed quickly (does that even matter?). Mafia will probably vote for each other anyway (does that even matter?). We need at least 2, preferably more blocks for it to be any use to the king.

Burn: N1 pile-on Blazing is just fine in this game. I always want to vote for him, but as my history shows, if anyone else does, I reverse my vote. He knows that. He and Eric have a lovers thing going on, sure, but as long as they treat it like the littler affair it is and don't get riled, it's all good. Has Blaze been lynched N1 because of it? Or more than his fair share anyway?

Think.

The kingmaker has to pick a king (whose vote will count) but does not know him/herself who is an assassin and who is town. If votes are everywhere, the kingmaker always runs the risk of picking an assassin as king, thus helping the assassins.

Furthermore, the assassins can narrow down options for who the kingmaker is in the following way -- say Blaze is the only vote for Rok and Rok is lynched -> assassins infer Blaze is not the kingmaker. Process of elimination will yield them the kingmaker.

But if we all agree on who to lynch, then (a) the assassins cannot narrow down who the kingmaker is, forcing a town strategy switch each time they kill whoever it is, and (2) we are sure that the king isn't killing someone expressly chosen by the assassins (since we all discussed it).

The only way it could be better is if we agree all to put one vote on everyone, that way the kingmaker can always choose to have anyone killed -- EXCEPT that the assassins can always save at least one of them by offing the person voting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Deadpool View Post
    How does voting in blocks help? Do we eliminate the entire 'block' as kings for the next day/foreseeable future given that there cannot be 'repeat' kings ? This could be a good enough strategy.
    Unvote
    Vote: Deadpool
    Reason: the above word salad.

Think.
    Town is screwed.

You were asking rok to think correct?

Think.

The kingmaker has to pick a king (whose vote will count) but does not know him/herself who is an assassin and who is town. If votes are everywhere, the kingmaker always runs the risk of picking an assassin as king, thus helping the assassins.

Furthermore, the assassins can narrow down options for who the kingmaker is in the following way -- say Blaze is the only vote for Rok and Rok is lynched -> assassins infer Blaze is not the kingmaker. Process of elimination will yield them the kingmaker.

But if we all agree on who to lynch, then (a) the assassins cannot narrow down who the kingmaker is, forcing a town strategy switch each time they kill whoever it is, and (2) we are sure that the king isn't killing someone expressly chosen by the assassins (since we all discussed it).

The only way it could be better is if we agree all to put one vote on everyone, that way the kingmaker can always choose to have anyone killed -- EXCEPT that the assassins can always save at least one of them by offing the person voting for them.
    I still don't follow. It's only valid if mafia don't play together. How do we all agree, if mafia are THE ONLY ONES who can talk to each other. Say "someone" puts a vote in. Then everyone follows (I presume this is your plan). The kingmaker has no idea who is an assassin now. None of us (except them) do. Say he picks one as king. Three votes later, even if we do work it out, were are screwed, by both the lynches and the kills. Say he doesn't, who starts the "random" vote? If the king doesn't vote first (and how do we know, or even want that?) how is it not going to be easy for the assassins to swing the vote?

Surely we are better off with at least couple of options? That is more likely to obscure the king and stop the assassins vote power. Note: I am NOT saying everyone vote for someone different, that's clearly not going to go well. But a single block?

Wait.. there's a new king every night, I just read that again. But still... hang on, let me think.

Bleh, getting king and kingmaker mixed up in my head. Does the kingmaker ever get to be the king?

The only leads we will get are who got lynched, which means the kingmaker is the only one who needs to know anything at all. They need to carefully watch the lynch leads, because if we block vote, and the king votes with the block and kills town, the lynch leaders are the most likely assassins? So who wants to lynch lead?
    The rest of us are better off saying nothing much and doing nothing except following the single lynch lead under your scenario Burn?
    Under the alternative lynch lead, the kingmaker gets to see 2 options a night (while there are enough of us left).

Look who is catching on, I didn't see you mention it, so I am going to point out that the "king" for the night, will not know he/she is king.