Thread: Industry Growth, Disruptors, and the Future

Default Industry Growth, Disruptors, and the Future

So which industries will play a role in future markets?

We're in an age of innovative technology and startups may disrupt entire traditional sectors of transportation, energy, banking, and communications.

What are some thoughts on this?

The Marijuana industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    The Marijuana industry.
    That's true actually.

I went with a friend recently to a dispensary and thought that the vendors and retailers must be making bank. The products are pricy and users by product often. The only thing is it's also illegal at federal standards and municipalities could enact legislation to ban dispensaries. But yeah, it'll likely see growth.

"Buy" product. And of course it's true, I said it.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Digital currency/banking. Not just blockchain, but the tx methods. Bye, bye big banks.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Digital currency/banking. Not just blockchain, but the tx methods. Bye, bye big banks.
    You are wrong again.

You are wrong again.
    Thank you so much for your, obviously extremely informed, opinion. I will now be able to rest in peace.

I understand that you don't agree with me, that does not negate the fact that you are wrong.

I understand that you don't agree with me, that does not negate the fact that you are wrong.
    So, it was just a tricky discussion tactic then? Not an idiotic reply, but an actual effort to put your informed opinion forward?

"Buy" product. And of course it's true, I said it.
    Buy, yeah thanks.

I agree.

Cryptocurrencies have applications beyond just being another way to pay for things. This is especially true for developing nations where their currencies fluctuate in value often, making their purchasing power of imported goods fluctuate. With a higher value than local currencies, cryptocurrencies can be treated like commodities. Another application is through global transfer, banks and credit cards often charge a foreign transaction fee, to bypass this travellors can purchase a cryptocurrency then travel and pay with for goods with the cyptocurrency, thus avoiding fees and tariffs.

Blockchain technology is based on a peer-to-peer system, decentralization of stored information. What this can do to disrupt banking is fullfilling traditional banking roles, such as peer-to-peer lending. Peer-to-peer lending allows lenders or rather swarms of them to lend money to borrowers, borrowers pay back their peers who lent to them, which has already taken a portion of the banking industry away from major banks.

Nope, won't happen. Put a little deeper thought into that.

I expect space tourism will become a burgeoning market. There are already businesses looking to capitalise by creating and taking majority share of the potential gains to be made.

As space travel becomes less expensive and humankind expands among the stars, current markets will be revolutionized to cater to the changing demands.

Prominent scientists, Stephen Hawking for example, are currently expounding on this requirement of space colonisation as an intergalactic insurance policy for our species.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Nope, won't happen. Put a little deeper thought into that.
    It's already happening.

Not sure I'll see space tourism for any except the 0.01%. My kids might though.

The future, but the new market crash would happen soon! because it have been a while since last one, and no one, hopefully, really misses it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Prominent scientists, Stephen Hawking for example, are currently expounding on this requirement of space colonisation as an intergalactic insurance policy for our species.
    Our species will still fight within themselves, unless they find a common enemy to fight, and we would hope aliens are not as advanced as us, if they do exist.
    Last edited by н-υ-п-т-ε-я; 07-08-2017 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    Our species will still fight within themselves, unless they find a common enemy to fight, and we would hope aliens are not as advanced as us, if they do exist.
    That is a given.
    If only it was postulated that we came from the south of the Congo and not the north.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Buy, yeah thanks.

I agree.

Cryptocurrencies have applications beyond just being another way to pay for things. This is especially true for developing nations where their currencies fluctuate in value often, making their purchasing power of imported goods fluctuate. With a higher value than local currencies, cryptocurrencies can be treated like commodities. Another application is through global transfer, banks and credit cards often charge a foreign transaction fee, to bypass this travellors can purchase a cryptocurrency then travel and pay with for goods with the cyptocurrency, thus avoiding fees and tariffs.

Blockchain technology is based on a peer-to-peer system, decentralization of stored information. What this can do to disrupt banking is fullfilling traditional banking roles, such as peer-to-peer lending. Peer-to-peer lending allows lenders or rather swarms of them to lend money to borrowers, borrowers pay back their peers who lent to them, which has already taken a portion of the banking industry away from major banks.
    Not having a central bank and being able to control your own monetary policy is a BAD thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

I expect space tourism will become a burgeoning market. There are already businesses looking to capitalise by creating and taking majority share of the potential gains to be made.

As space travel becomes less expensive and humankind expands among the stars, current markets will be revolutionized to cater to the changing demands.

NDAA 2017 is creating the US Space Corps to protect tourists from evil Russians. But it might further space travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    I'm not very bright.

Space mining will become huge if we can get an asteroid to it orbit the Earth. The average asteroid has over an trillion dollars in resources to mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    I'm not very bright.

It's already happening.

Not sure I'll see space tourism for any except the 0.01%. My kids might though.
    Not what I was referring to.

Probably not as far fetched as one may think, space tourism could essentially fund further exploration and discoveries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    Not having a central bank and being able to control your own monetary policy is a BAD thing.
    I agree.

and cryptocurrencies can be used as safeguards against inflation, much like gold or diamonds.
    Last edited by Summer; 07-09-2017 at 01:53 AM.