Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can has sympathy?

Default Can has sympathy?

Ok ... I'm getting tired of coming in here and asking questions and everyone always telling me to use the search function. I swear, if I hear the word search one more time I'm going to go postal and catapult everyone in my 801x801. No, I don't have catapults yet, but when I get them you all better watch out!

Ok, so I started a bit late on the super speed server and I got placed at (0|0) ... I thought, hey, this is cool! I got awesome placement. Well I was wrong, all these giant players around me started hitting me with these huge armies before I even knew my protection thing had worn off. How was I supposed to know I only had a few days to get as big as everyone around me?? I mean, there isn't anywhere that it shows you when you run out of protection time. They should have a countdown timer or something in big red letters saying "Attacks coming in X hours". I tried to send a message to some of them, and one guy just replied "You're in my 7x7" ... what does that even mean?!? like it's my fault I got spawned here, what an <expletive>. Do people seriously think they can claim territory in a game like this? I was just trying to build up my city peacefully!

There needs to be some kind of rule for how often people can attack you. I get attacked like every hour! how am I supposed to do anything when I can't build up any resources? The rules for this game suck. I don't even know what kind of buildings I should be building because when I click on things it doesn't show me what I need, it only tells me what I can build. This is so annoying. Where is the little paperclip guy that tells you how to do everything? There isn't even a tutorial to show you the basics.

On that note ... WTF is a sticky?? I saw some people telling me to read the stickies, and I can't find them. I mean, I have post-it notes, but if someone else stuck them on their computer monitor for tips, how am I supposed to read those? I can't read minds ... I wish I could, but I can't.

Besides, what is the point of having a manual for the game if it doesn't actually teach you how to play the game? I shouldn't have to come to these forums at all, and when I do come and ask questsions all you people do is laugh at me and tell me what a n00b I am ... WTF does n00b stand for anyway? Who uses acronyms anymore to get a point across ... seriously, WTF?

... for all the good the manual really does it should be written in German or something.

I can't even figure out how to delete this and start over, not that I want to start over, but I can't do anything where I am now, so what is the point of playing anymore? They let me into this server, that means I should have a chance to win right? I shouldn't have to sit here everyday like a mindless zombie just to be good at some free browser game. This crazy limit on how many things I can build at a time is what does it, I should be able to just tell the computer what I want built when the resources are avaliable and it should do it! What are computers for anyway? they make life easier on me so I don't have to do every single little thing. These Travian computers are backwards! They make things harder instead.

In short - all you people need to be nicer to new players like me or this game will fail! Stop attacking us right away, and destroying our cities! This game needs more players like me. I know this thread is just going to get flamed anyway because I'm telling the truth and all you older players don't want to hear it, but get over yourselves and quit picking on new players. That is all.

T.

Wow. Thats one of the most awsome posts I have ever read here. Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by exudimord View Post
    Wow. Thats one of the most awsome posts I have ever read here. Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.
    Yeah, I write awesome posts all the time and never get any kudos for it. I figure for every post I write, I should get 1 cavalry soldier. Then it might be worthwhile in the game and I can fight back against all these idiots that think they can just 'farm' me ... who came up with that term anyway? I'm a farmer in r/l and I resent people thinking that you should be able to just take whatever you want from a farm that doesn't belong to you.

T.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinasilna View Post
    Yeah, I write awesome posts all the time and never get any kudos for it. I figure for every post I write, I should get 1 cavalry soldier. Then it might be worthwhile in the game and I can fight back against all these idiots that think they can just 'farm' me ... who came up with that term anyway? I'm a farmer in r/l and I resent people thinking that you should be able to just take whatever you want from a farm that doesn't belong to you.

T.
    Unfortunately people who compose awesome intelligent prose like yourself often get overlooked for all the idiots, trolls and belligerent n00bs.

You can has some sympathy for that. Sympathy, sympathy.
    Got a question? The answer is here - http://help.travian.us

Originally Posted by Theo: The point is, if someone uses the search and learns to use it, then they will likely answer a lot of future questions, not just the one they were looking for. So I am of the opinion that spoon-feeding people the answers to everything actually harms them, not helps them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaulicious View Post
    Unfortunately people who compose awesome intelligent prose like yourself often get overlooked for all the idiots, trolls and belligerent n00bs.

You can has some sympathy for that. Sympathy, sympathy.
    You're the best Gaul.

T.

Noob posts are fine, l2p.

Sorry, I've always wanted to do one of those And on AFD, what better time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoran View Post
    Noob posts are fine, l2p.

Sorry, I've always wanted to do one of those And on AFD, what better time?
    You're so mean Kin ... I want your twin helpful brother Nar back

T.

You're so mean Kin ... I want your twin helpful brother Nar back

T.
    I'm the evil one with the goatee

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoran View Post
    I'm the evil one with the goatee
    ... I have a goatee ...

T.

... I have a goatee ...

T.
    Oh, I knew you were the evil twin.

In short - all you people need to be nicer to new players like me or this game will fail! Stop attacking us right away, and destroying our cities! This game needs more players like me. I know this thread is just going to get flamed anyway because I'm telling the truth and all you older players don't want to hear it, but get over yourselves and quit picking on new players. That is all.

T.[/QUOTE]

What is new to you 15 pop 100 pop 300 pop? I always farm thoses who break 400 pop only becasue they have soo many resorces just sitting there.

I need my name to be cyan = (
    Things have changed after a year off of Travian.

Quote Originally Posted by Teuton ruler View Post
    What is new to you 15 pop 100 pop 300 pop? I always farm thoses who break 400 pop only becasue they have soo many resorces just sitting there.

I need my name to be cyan = (
    Anyone with under 3k pop is obviously new, lay off.

T.

Anyone with under 3k pop is obviously new, lay off.

T.
    T i'm glad to see someone sticking up for the defensless noobs; I thought I'd go on forever being attacked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Autofill View Post
    T i'm glad to see someone sticking up for the defensless noobs; I thought I'd go on forever being attacked for it.
    I'm just of the opinion that we should remove the whole war part of the game and make it easier on everyone ... no more worry about catapults ... no more becoming a farm ... no more having to wake up every 2 hours to make sure your pixels are still functioning correctly. Instead of sending armies, why don't we send pansies to everyone?

Thats it! train pansies at your flower grower station that you can send as gifts to other villages ... I'm so writing this up as an idea ...

T.

Tina - No worries, I'm right here with you. I joined CT then watched as VN villages 7x my size sent wave after wave after wave destroying everything I had in, well a few hours...

Now I'm restarting and I'll get my revenge.....Of yes, even if it means I only take out 1 single VN! I will get my revenge...

Oh and KUDOS on the post!
    "Life is like being a one-legged man in an butt kicking contest, you just can't win"

FTW *Natardddds* USX
    Heartfailure *PMS*
    Quote Originally Posted by milcom View Post
    yes that was funny post.
    first of all. farms dont read the forum. second of all, farms can not read words bigger than PWN U.

Farmhand

You think the game itself is bad? That's nothing!

I've been trying to delete it from my computer but I can't find the program. Nothing was showing up in "Add/remove programs" and even after going through a full listing of all 350,000 files on the dang computer I found nothing that seemed to even vaguely indicate it was Travian.

I spoke to an IT guy about it and he said it sounds like it has virus similarities in hiding itself, so I've had to send the computer in for a complete formatting.

I miss having a computer <sniff> Even doing things like posting here become difficult. I mean do you have any idea how hard it is to do this stuff telepathically and not have every second word come out as "beer".
    Last edited by Arcadia; 04-01-2008 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post

I've been trying to delete it from my computer but I can't find the program. Nothing was showing up in "Add/remove programs" and even after going through a full listing of all 350,000 files on the dang computer I found nothing that seemed to even vaguely indicate it was Travian.

I spoke to an IT guy about it and he said it sounds like it has virus similarities in hiding itself, so I've had to send the computer in for a complete formatting.

I miss having a computer <sniff> Even doing things like posting here become difficult. I mean do you have any idea how hard it is to do this stuff telepathically and not have every second word come out as "beer".
    I hear you ... I'm convinced that the only thing to do is format c: but then you lose everything! I'd rather deal with having to stare at a Travian screen on bootup and whenever I sit down at the computer than lose all my important data ...

... does that mean I'm talking into your head right now?? This is so cool!!

T.

Farmhand

... does that mean I'm talking into your head right now?? This is so cool!!

T.
    Yep. That makes you officially one of the voices in my head.

Please try not to disturb too many of the cats lying all over the place in there. They shed when disturbed and then I get hairballs in the brain. Could end up hacking all sorts of stuff out onto forums if that happens.

Good post Tina.

Oh hey were all mods yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hero17 View Post
    Good post Tina.

Oh hey were all mods yay!
    Thanks Hero glad to entertain you.

T.

Banned.

u should use the search

oh & the point is to pay for travian gold so travian makes $$$

they could care less if u keep playing after that

everyone in this forum is a volunteer. travian doesnt pay any real money to anyone. and really their whole company is 5 people in a two office condo in germany somewhere
    Last edited by Woden; 04-05-2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Double-post

u should use the search
    @#$@#$%~~~!! I warned you, the catapults are coming!!! 801x801 you're all dead!

oh & the point is to pay for travian gold so travian makes $$$

they could care less if u keep playing after that

everyone in this forum is a volunteer. travian doesnt pay any real money to anyone. and really their whole company is 5 people in a two office condo in germany somewhere
    No! the point is to entertain ME, and only ME. I don't care about their little company somewhere in germany ... and why would I want to turn my real money into gold, you can't spend gold at the drugstore ... pointless.

T.

noob means newb, which means ur new. only its kind of an insult.

a sticky is a thread that stays at the top, and don't get moved down like this one will and eventually die.

if you build a cranny then some of your resources get protected.

to delete click on profile then delete.

kind of shocking that this person needs so much help and all the senior members do is come here to mock

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Who??? View Post
    kind of shocking that this person needs so much help and all the senior members do is come here to mock
    Oh yes, it's shocking that some people do understand the purpose of this thread.
    Legend has it that Hippasus of Metapontum, a disciple of Pythagoras, was at sea when he discovered that the square root of 2 is irrational. His fellow Pythagoreans, outraged by the finding, threw him overboard.

Because we know it is satire

noob means newb, which means ur new. only its kind of an insult.

a sticky is a thread that stays at the top, and don't get moved down like this one will and eventually die.

if you build a cranny then some of your resources get protected.

to delete click on profile then delete.

You mean I'm being insulted!! Thats the last straw, once I can research catapults and stuff I'm going to demolish everyone that has called me a b00n!

... this thread will also never die, I will make sure of it, someone has to speak out against all the injustice!

Cranny? like ... Granny? Does she hide my stuff under her rocking chair? I want like a military fortified bunker that has triple security locks or something.

... yeah, all these senior members, they all make fun of me! It's awful isn't it ... the bunch of meanies

Quote Originally Posted by Narodnik View Post
    Because we know it is satire
    You know me too well ... shhh

T.

Villager

My question is.... what set you off to post that? I love sarcastic humor

Quote Originally Posted by Tergen View Post
    My question is.... what set you off to post that? I love sarcastic humor
    April first ... reading the grump forum for 10 minutes + reading the idea forum for 5 minutes + reading the question forum for 20 seconds.

Thats about all it takes.

T.

Villager

Then you do have my sympathy there... granted I rather be in New York right now than around here in the forums. Really scary the attitudes I see.

Hilarious...just plain hilarious

thank you as always for the laughs.

...tonight is your answer...

Itís the answer that led those who have been told for so long by so many to be cynical, and fearful, and doubtful of what we can achieve to put their hands on the arc of history and bend it once more toward the hope of a better day.
    Barack Obama, Victory Speech November 4, 2008
    http://my.barackobama.com/page/commu...updates/gGx3Kc

Ok ... I'm getting tired of coming in here and asking questions and everyone always telling me to use the search function. I swear... [etc., etc.]... get over yourselves and quit picking on new players. That is all.

T.
    There, there.

You'll feel better after a nice poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Really!

BTW, it's impossible to spawn in @ 0/0. You must have reversed your numbers or somethin'. N00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Siren View Post
    Hilarious...just plain hilarious

thank you as always for the laughs.
    My pleasure Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Koob View Post
    There, there. You'll feel better after a nice poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Really!
    BTW, it's impossible to spawn in @ 0/0. You must have reversed your numbers or somethin'. N00b.
    Can Has -real- sympathy tyvm ... not that bs sympathy you're offering

I don't bother the mods enough to get a poke in the eye, somehow I don't think it'll help in this case ...

Shows what you know! If you don't know how to spawn at 0|0 ... Travian Ur Doin it Wrong.

psh ... and call me a n00b ...

T.

Most players' first server round is spent learning from experience all the stuff that they should do next time. It sucks to get attacked and farmed, but you'll learn from it. If you make it to the end of the round, you'll be much happier next time as you will know more of what to do and how to survive.

The war and conquering element of the game is what makes it fun for most players who aren't in their first round. It's the whole point. Why take all the time to build troops and defenses and resources if you can't use them for anything? Unless you're a dragon, why build a treasury if not to be able to spend it? Your first round, you'll want to watch your villages grow and all you want is to produce more more more. After that, you'll find the fun of playing with your treasure.
    Executive Handholder of the Travians

Quote Originally Posted by thelayfasian View Post
    Duvessa is better.
    [3:43:15 AM] Duvessa says: Dang, Jono... someone put a reindeer up your butt?
    [3:43:26 AM] Jono says: no just a *****

Can I say this whole thread has given me a maddening case of the giggles? T. you sly dog, you're rocking the sarcasm so hard that a quarter of the thread is taking you seriously.

... Well, either that or typical helpimnew posts are so bad that it's actually difficult to make it awful enough to obviously be fake. But that's a harrowing thought.

Arte.
    Well, well. We've come a long way from the prime minister's exploding cake. Or have we? -- Batman(1964)

Quote Originally Posted by Artephius View Post
    Can I say this whole thread has given me a maddening case of the giggles? T. you sly dog, you're rocking the sarcasm so hard that a quarter of the thread is taking you seriously.

... Well, either that or typical helpimnew posts are so bad that it's actually difficult to make it awful enough to obviously be fake. But that's a harrowing thought.

Arte.
    I tried to be as authentic as possible ... its sad when you can do that sarcastically and people just click through and notice another 'helpme' post and try to help out ... at least I think mine is full of the correct grammar

Good to see you around again Arte you been hiding from the n00bs?

T.

Can Has -real- sympathy tyvm ... not that bs sympathy you're offering

I don't bother the mods enough to get a poke in the eye, somehow I don't think it'll help in this case ...

Shows what you know! If you don't know how to spawn at 0|0 ... Travian Ur Doin it Wrong.

psh ... and call me a n00b ...

T.

Ohhhhhhh... SYM pathy. Eye thought you said SIM pathy. Soryy. Cant has any of that today, is fresh out.

Oh, and your right. i had the 0's upside down when i sPWNed in. Dam n00bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post

D00d, that suxorz! My IT guy sayed to fix it you need to format the internet. I tryed to do it for you, but cant find the root.
    Last edited by Koob; 04-04-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Saying you want to play this game and not be attacked is like playing tag, but not wanting to be tagged...then you're just running around in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvessa View Post
    Most players' first server round is spent learning from experience all the stuff that they should do next time. It sucks to get attacked and farmed, but you'll learn from it. If you make it to the end of the round, you'll be much happier next time as you will know more of what to do and how to survive.

The war and conquering element of the game is what makes it fun for most players who aren't in their first round. It's the whole point. Why take all the time to build troops and defenses and resources if you can't use them for anything? Unless you're a dragon, why build a treasury if not to be able to spend it? Your first round, you'll want to watch your villages grow and all you want is to produce more more more. After that, you'll find the fun of playing with your treasure.
    He knows all this - I'm sure in his time he's destroyed a fair few people

To just type 'lol' is simply not adequate for Tinasilna.

I actually LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!!!

Funniest thing I have read ever in this forum

I had tears in my eyes reading how everyone in your 801x801 gets catted. I'm giggling now just writing it.

Thank you so much

Default Welcome to Life

Congratulations and welcome to life in Travian, where the rules are simple. Grow and grow quickly, don't screw your alliance over, getting farmed is a part of life until you learn how to play, don't trespass on somebody elses territory, and crying only gets you attacked more. Nobody ever said life was going to be nice, and remember, it's just a game. My first account got farmed, now I'm farming people. You live and you learn. Good luck.
    Only the dead have the seen the end of war.