Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Should I get into an Alliance

  1. #1
    Farmhand erikrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mount Pleasant Michigan
    Posts
    41

    Question Should I get into an Alliance

    Please give me some advice.
    I am a somewhat active player (usually on 1-2 times a day), but I am still not in a postiion to add much to my alliance except resources. I am usually only on first thing in the morning and for about 30 min in the evening (so I normally cant respond to any short notice crisis).

    Should I get into an Alliance, or am I just going to piss off my fellow alliance members, since I would only be around rarely. I am still working on getting myself out of farm status with the locals, the last thing I need now is my alliance to decide that I would be more useful to them as a farm.


    Currently I am in the NE and my population is 364.


    And as a side note, why are there so many kids on here that don't use the spell check? I mean the forum has spell check built in right? (not really expecting an answer to that one).

  2. #2

    Default

    most alliances will not let you in if your an farm anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by world_warrior View Post
    You know what I do with my right hand?

    -w_w
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blitz View Post
    World Wonder Villages:
    (17|-70) 4-4-4-6
    Current owner: NoHarm
    The only TBD WW, although TBD doesnt plan on winning will they go through with it to make SB feel stupid?

  3. #3

    Default

    Why don't you check out UD? We are a small alliance, but we'll take you.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land amoung the stars. Les Brown

  4. #4
    Farmhand erikrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mount Pleasant Michigan
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ondaedge View Post
    most alliances will not let you in if your an farm anyway.
    Thats why I had been trying to make it profitless to raid me... Now I am planning on moving to the point of making it costly.

    I am working on being a reformed farm

  5. #5
    Philosopher rome's emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    2,147

    Default

    lol, your name is maybe. We're a small aliance, but we'll take you, by maybe. lol. I think you should stay out of an alliance at that pop and level of activity. I would suggest going on 4-6 times a day if you want to be in an alliance at that population.

  6. #6
    Philosopher rome's emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    2,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erikrick View Post
    Thats why I had been trying to make it profitless to raid me... Now I am planning on moving to the point of making it costly.

    I am working on being a reformed farm
    lol new title When the farm strikes back!

  7. #7
    Farmhand erikrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mount Pleasant Michigan
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maybe View Post
    Why don't you check out UD? We are a small alliance, but we'll take you.
    I noticed you were in the SE... Are you guys expanding north?

  8. #8

    Default

    i would say that you should take care of the farm problem first, then get on a bit more than you do now and you will be good. build an big army, and attack the weak who attacked you. show them that your not to be fooled around with. But then again, at that pop, your attackers may have cats by now..
    Quote Originally Posted by world_warrior View Post
    You know what I do with my right hand?

    -w_w
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blitz View Post
    World Wonder Villages:
    (17|-70) 4-4-4-6
    Current owner: NoHarm
    The only TBD WW, although TBD doesnt plan on winning will they go through with it to make SB feel stupid?

  9. #9
    Farmhand erikrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mount Pleasant Michigan
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ondaedge View Post
    i would say that you should take care of the farm problem first, then get on a bit more than you do now and you will be good. build an big army, and attack the weak who attacked you. show them that your not to be fooled around with. But then again, at that pop, your attackers may have cats by now..
    I like that link on your signature... Funny stuff.

    As for getting on more often... Maybe I'll start logging on at work, but even so I am not at the computer much... We shall see, and I will do my best to take the advice to heart. Thanks
    Last edited by erikrick; 04-15-2008 at 05:03 AM.

  10. #10
    Farmhand rah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    42

    Cool

    get yourself a sitter if you join an alliance, they can watch your account while you're away

  11. #11
    Farmhand erikrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mount Pleasant Michigan
    Posts
    41

    Default Ouch

    Well, I survived a larger attack than I used to... but as someone else noted they had cats which was not fun, and I had to revive a crapier hero because my better one requires more iron than my stores can even hold at this point...

    So I have moved from farm, to experience farm, to speed bump... HOORAY! Next will either be officer in a useless alliance or member of a usefull alliance who pisses off the wrong person and gets 0 pop'd and then the world!

  12. #12
    Farmhand erikrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mount Pleasant Michigan
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Well, I survived to endgame and ended up going from farm, to DOA, to A-O, to F-U, to Pack-!


  13. #13

    Default

    Hah. Grats mate.
    Your heaven's trying everything
    To keep me out

  14. #14
    Farmhand erikrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mount Pleasant Michigan
    Posts
    41

    Default

    So my population is like... 12-ish and I have no embassy. Can I join an alliance?

  15. #15
    Philosopher Sleeping Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    doing rami thingz
    Posts
    4,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erikrick View Post
    So my population is like... 12-ish and I have no embassy. Can I join an alliance?
    Physically? You need to build an embassy to get into an alliance. I suggest you wait for a bit before joining an alliance.

  16. #16
    Philosopher Comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Commune
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erikrick View Post
    So my population is like... 12-ish and I have no embassy. Can I join an alliance?
    Alliances in the first 14 days are farm lists. I do not recommend joining.
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

    http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

  17. #17
    Farmhand erikrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mount Pleasant Michigan
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    Alliances in the first 14 days are farm lists. I do not recommend joining.
    What about in the 3rd week? week... weak... RATAN IS WEAK AND LACKS LEADERSHIP!

    I am just playing... It is pretty interesting the way things start out on a server... Last time I did this I didnt even have a clue what was going on... I swore up and down that I was gonna take a break from Travian and it sucked me back in within a few days...

    I am a hopeless slave of this game

  18. #18
    Philosopher Comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Commune
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erikrick View Post
    What about in the 3rd week? week... weak... RATAN IS WEAK AND LACKS LEADERSHIP!

    I am just playing... It is pretty interesting the way things start out on a server... Last time I did this I didnt even have a clue what was going on... I swore up and down that I was gonna take a break from Travian and it sucked me back in within a few days...

    I am a hopeless slave of this game
    3rd week you can begin to have enough resources to put into a embassy.

    Also, you and me both man.
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

    http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

  19. #19
    Philosopher fgw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪ ♥ Φ
    Posts
    4,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    3rd week you can begin to have enough resources to put into a embassy.

    Also, you and me both man.
    Yeah this is seriously worse then WoW. Its kinda scary.

  20. #20
    Philosopher Comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Commune
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fgw View Post
    Yeah this is seriously worse then WoW. Its kinda scary.
    At least with WoW you don't need to log in every 15 minutes to check if there is an attack incoming.
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

    http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

  21. #21
    Philosopher fgw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪ ♥ Φ
    Posts
    4,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    At least with WoW you don't need to log in every 15 minutes to check if there is an attack incoming.
    But you do log in every 15 minutes to get another level, so really it balances out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •