Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Nailzz’s Guide of All Guides: Teuton

Banned.

I'm on US8 now and top robber by 1.5 times 2nd place. Thanks Nailzz.

Nailzz should be an architect at least for this guide!
    US1- Your Mom

"We must be wary of the serial-killers and thieves in this world who might be out to get us - and I believe [Dutch] is just that sort of person." ~sharkbait to one of [my] leaders

nice guide Im usin it on a teuton on S8

Nailzz you have help me learn the basics of the game. I thank you for this and for the guide.

For those of you that have read this entire thread you will see I have been here a little while. Anyways I'm just going to say one simple thing it may take you a few games and a few years to understand what I say is true. TAKE YOUR CROPPER 2ND...

I will not say anymore about this as those that know know and those that don't lose.
    Read this it will answer most of your questions
    If the first link did not help you read this one
    If you have a question about upgrades or troops stats

Currently Playing S4

“These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world. Then we F*ck*d up the endgame.”
    Charlie Wilson

What am I missing here ... I've now created accounts on servers 3 days after they opened three times, and all three times everyone around me was ALSO just creating their accounts. I built the 2 Macemen, and couldn't find anyone within 50 fields to attack. So now I'm stuck at 0 Crop build and nowhere to gain crop from.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    What am I missing here ... I've now created accounts on servers 3 days after they opened three times, and all three times everyone around me was ALSO just creating their accounts. I built the 2 Macemen, and couldn't find anyone within 50 fields to attack. So now I'm stuck at 0 Crop build and nowhere to gain crop from.
    You need an UNBELEIVABLY lucky spawn to follow this guide, but its possible

Yes, I've come to the conclusion that spawning luck > anything else . I came back to this game with friends who have never played before, and ended up in the 20x20 of a major player and can't progress. In the meantime, some of the folks have multiple Oases, and even tho they progressed slower they still have their Rat

Villager

this guide works best real close to server start not a month or more after server start. you have to remember that when old farms delete that new people will spawn in those spots so you may have to respawn several times to get far enough away from those big people. his guide does work really well if you start the server early3-7 days after start. i know for a fact that it does as i used it on us8 and starting on week 3 i stayed in the top robbers. unfortunately, i didn't pick my 15c capital as my 2nd village nor even my 3rd so i deleted. for all those that don't believe me watch what i do on us1. i already have a 15c with 150% bonus mapped out. too bad my real acct won't get created till the 28th so the race will begin to settle it. yes i created an acct today just to start looking for a 15c where my capital will go. as soon as i created it i set it up for deletion. cause if you do follow his guide it does work. attacking others when they can't attack you rocks!

Hi, thanks for the great guide. I have a follow-up question: what do you do if there's someone in your 7x7 who is also following the guide, or one like it? He came out of BP with at least 50 mace.

I've been paroling the 7x7 and getting to all the guys coming out of BP before him, so I have an army and development advantage, but he's really good at dodging, even when I follow his attacks back home. He keeps his troops in motion and plays smart. It's forced me to build up a cranny He also spends gold like crazy, it seems. My scouts always report almost perfectly balanced resources, and I'm getting nothing off him.

How should I deal with this?
    Last edited by Irugga; 06-03-2009 at 08:37 PM.

work hard....very hard, lol.

generally, you lose sleep when you find competition like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix 3.0 View Post
    work hard....very hard, lol.

generally, you lose sleep when you find competition like that.
    Thanks. Could you elaborate on that? Also, since I had to make some decisions I went with my best judgment and diverted from the guide to get pallies, on the theory that whoever gets calvary 1st is at a huge advantage in the raiding-army hunting business. So I know for next time, was this a bad idea?

Hey man I love your Guide, just wanted to thank you for all your hard work.
    S1: Sellion

If your in my 12x12 chances are your a farm or a member of my alliance.
    If your not a farm then we know what you are...

first of all, my idea may seem stupid so try to correct me if I'm wrong
    in .ae servers and as many knows, it's one of the hardest servers travian got and the highest in population. I decided to follow this guide and for my good luck I spawned in a place that got 5 15c in a single 9x9 with two 125% !
    I'm planing on making my hammer different than others and to be able to make the biggest in the shortest time so I'm going to make it all macemen and when calculating it i found that with 4000000 resources i can make a hammer of 16000 macemen which can be achieved in 22 days. if i decided to go in the axemen way then i will only be able to make 8000 and in about 3x days which is a big different. im not going for the WW but only going for destroying some players and enjoying the mails i recieve from them . Am i going the right way?

*sorry for bad english*

Quote Originally Posted by Irugga View Post
    Thanks. Could you elaborate on that? Also, since I had to make some decisions I went with my best judgment and diverted from the guide to get pallies, on the theory that whoever gets calvary 1st is at a huge advantage in the raiding-army hunting business. So I know for next time, was this a bad idea?
    personally, i rush towards paladins for the sole purpose of killing maces; i don't consider them essential for raiding within the first week. then again, i'm a top 10 robber(usually top 4) playing solo; which means that i can get paladins by the end of day 4(or a couple hours after that). at that point, you have free reign, most average/slight above average players won't be getting spears till day 5(and that is IF they even bother with spears). the important thing to keep in mind is how active you are. for me, one day is EASILY enough to kill competition in my 21x21(provided i've found them), however, if you're only logging in 3-5x/day, that little bit of head time might not be enough.

of course, there are MANY, MANY people that totally loath the concept of NOT spamming maces. personally, i can't be bothered to waste time and effort following home with maces. when i REALLY get frustrated, i'll leave my pallies in town to defend. however, i wouldn't recommend that for anyone; i run a very tight ship in the early server and i can justify the inefficiency.

Default It works! Sort of...

Hey Nailzz,

Me and my duals have been using your guide on nlx. Let's see, we have 4 villages and its two weeks into the server.

Summary:
    Day 1
    I have no idea. I wasn't on that day.

Day 2

• Residence: lvl 10 (fast approaching lvl 10 on normal)
    Around level 8, actually.
    • Wheat fields: Appropriate level to allow building and upgrading of structures
    Checkaroo
    • Barracks: Normal lvl 5 / Speed lvl 1-3
    Checkaroo
    • Maces: 100-125
    Chekaroo
    • Scouts: 5-10
    Chekaroo
    • Academy: lvl 10
    Chekaroo
    o Researches: Scouts only!
    Chekaroo
    • Main Building: lvl 10
    Chekaroo
    • Townhall: lvl 1 (1st party well under way on speed, probably just getting started on Normal)
    Chekaroo
    • Woodcutters: Three or four at lvl 1 on Normal
    Chekaroo
    • Clay: Three at lvl 1 on Normal
    Chekaroo
    • No walls, no embassies, no NAPs, no shenanigans
    Chekaroo

Day 3
    • Two or Three settlers (One or Two on normal servers)
    One settler.
    • 150-200 Maces (under exceptional conditions)
    Checkaroo
    • Barracks: Normal lvl 8 / Speed lvl 5
    Barracks lvl 3 or 4
    • Market: about lvl 5 only on normal servers (to prepare for transfers to second village)
    Marketplace lvl 3 or 4
    • Scouts: 20
    Maybe 10?
    • Townhall: (Perhaps 2nd party on speed, possible 1st ending on normal)
    Nope.
    • No walls, no embassies, researches, no NAPs, no shenanigans
    Checkaroo

Day 4
    Settling a village:
    We found a nice 15 cropper, just 7 squares away with 125% bonus. We grabbed it. We had around 200 gold, and we quickly got the barracks and macemen up. 20 in the village by the time I signed off. Troop count now includes 30 paladins.

Day 5
    • Rally Point lvl 1
    Checkaroo
    • Market lvl 1
    Checkaroo
    • Main Building lvl 10
    Checkaroo
    • Academy lvl 10
    Checkaroo
    • Whse lvl 10
    Nope, lvl 8 or 9
    • Granary lvl 10
    Nope, lvl 7 or 8
    • Residence lvl 10
    Nope, lvl 7
    • Townhall lvl 10
    Nope, lvl 1
    • Party – small (continuous)
    In first village, yes.
    • Settlers 3
    (Hell) Nope.

We began to lose the guide there... we had a couple bad run-ins including another aggressive teuton we fought a war with (we demilitarized him, but it was costly) and then another raider we negotiated with and eventually started an alliance with.

Thanks for the great guide! The account was active 22/7, and was probably the only one to "burst out the gate running" I've played.

TYVM
    ~J/H

Thanks for all your hard work! i know it took awhile!

I'd give you rep but can't find the button

I'm gonna give this a run on the server

I have only one question about the guild, how to you sign up in day 3 (speed server),
    and get to be near people out of beginner defence? You usually start near people who signed up on the 3rd day too.

Thank you very much. This will work wonders with me.
    Us6 - Brett - MM
    Us5 - tacobella - Ratan-2

http://forum.travian.us/picture.php?...pictureid=2473

Farmhand

On a normal server, should you start a week after the server starts? If no one is oout of BP soon, should you follow the quest line for a bit, at least until you get some free gold?

WOW!!!!!!!
    This guide is awesome ! how long did this take you , I'm just wondering ... are you playing this speed server ? you have really helped me this speed server . old me : new me :

Nailzz, you are a god
    us8r1: gorath grim - •RofT
    us6r2: Raid - STFU-9

I love good guides as yours ..
    Last edited by ActiveAtNight; 07-25-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Really good guide Nailzz. Very detailed, taught me quite a few things on how to play aggressive Teutons.
    US3 R3 - Black Paladin

Handy guide for beginning Tuetons! :P
    ~ Du Sundavar Freohr

Hail the great guide makers!
    The one in my siggy is also a great one
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinasilna View Post
    Ok ... I'm getting tired of coming in here and asking questions and everyone always telling me to use the search function. I swear, if I hear the word search one more time I'm going to go postal and catapult everyone in my 801x801. No, I don't have catapults yet, but when I get them you all better watch out!
    DONT CLICK THE NINJA!!
    ~Amaaaaazing guide made by Nichts~

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    that's ridiculous.

Default Great guide!

This has to be the best teuton guide ive ever read, exactly how I play

You are a truly amazing player, hats off to you and this guide.

Best regards,
    Jelot~

Amazing
    Travian won't force you to do crap? Tell that to my 4:00 AM incoming attacks, and the constant 24/7 coverage needed for a speed account. Throw a party. Send a raid. Build a field. Blah, blah, blah. Compared to that, my fiancee lets me off easy. All I need to do is click on links to real estate that we can never afford, or look at a dozen new duvet covers, or decide which cake topper I like the best on Ebay. And for these simple, inane tasks, I'm rewarded with sex. Travian never puts out for me. The best that Travian has ever given me is a #1 defender medal and a #1 attacker medal. No thanks. I'll take the real estate and steady nookie.

-Rhyme-

what day did u start on the server?

Normal servers I like to start 2 or 3 days after server start and speed servers I like to start about 3 days after start. Why? Because if I begin the server at noon, I want to be raiding by 2PM at the latest (4PM on a normal server). As a Gaul or Roman though I prefer to start a server on the day it begins, a good distance away from center map. Two speed servers ago I started 2.5 weeks after the server started and still won the Wonder, but I don't recommend that.
    He says right here
    Travian won't force you to do crap? Tell that to my 4:00 AM incoming attacks, and the constant 24/7 coverage needed for a speed account. Throw a party. Send a raid. Build a field. Blah, blah, blah. Compared to that, my fiancee lets me off easy. All I need to do is click on links to real estate that we can never afford, or look at a dozen new duvet covers, or decide which cake topper I like the best on Ebay. And for these simple, inane tasks, I'm rewarded with sex. Travian never puts out for me. The best that Travian has ever given me is a #1 defender medal and a #1 attacker medal. No thanks. I'll take the real estate and steady nookie.

-Rhyme-

The best guilde out there, I've read it 4 or 5 times now

All Hail Nailzz
    us8r1: gorath grim - •RofT
    us6r2: Raid - STFU-9

I love this guide and have referred to it several times now. I have one comment/gripe/complaint though: How in the heck do you find this ideal setup to start with??

It seems the pattern for placement of new villages starts people in certain areas according to their start times. In other words, even if you join 3 days after server start, you'll be surrounded by other players who also joined 3 days after server start. Every single neighbor will still be in BP the same time as you and you'll have to resort to farming in your 20x20 right from the start - that's a 2-3 hour round trip per raid.

By day 2 I'm lucky to even have the 40-50 troops I should, never mind building my Town Hall. So my biggest question is, does this guide work ONLY on speed, ONLY under these ideal conditions, or can it also be successful on normal servers under conditions that seem more likely (as the one I pointed out above)?

I know this was brought up at least once before a year ago in this post, but the asker was less than diplomatic about it so it was never actually addressed. So if anyone has more info they can shed on this, I'm all ears. Thanks.
    From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remembered-
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day."

its luck at that point.

you have to be able to take over the spot of someone who has already deleted their account by day 3.

alot of players will spam accounts just to make sure they get a spot they want.

If you randomly spawn, you'll get in with people who don't share your starting date. If you specify what quad you'll land with others that started at the same time. This wasn't in place back when the guide was made. It's not so beneficial to wait to start nowadays unless you dont' care what quad you land in.
    http://forum.travian.us/picture.php?...pictureid=3484

US1R1 - Ravin, Leader of EAST and the server winning TM Meta with Aquias
    US1R2 - Ravin, Co-leader of RBoL, a mess of a server
    US1R3 - FSM, DSP Diplomat
    US6R1 - Xinar, solo grunt in KGB
    US7R1 - Pinky&theBrain, Co-leader of Gemini with Aquias, server winning alliance

HI

Great job there and of course gratz for winning on several servers! i got just one little question! So i registred on server(normal), 10 days after restart. I picked teutones and choose random location! i got great place, but it was just one problem, everyone was still under protection that still last 69h. I reregistred several times but always i was stuck with players whom had protections . What do i do? wait for other servers or continue? i followed your guide till raiding then i started to build work fields(two fields 1lvl for each resource). Then i have in plan to do club swingers and when their protection goes bay bay i plan to attack. Do you think i can still make it in top 10? Oh i have lots and lots of neigbours and on server there is 28k players(common- server 3 classic, most welcome). Please lecture me, I need to know if it's alright to build fields, if it isn't then what should i do. I beg for your explainable anwser!

Yours sincerely

Srebec

i was able to follow your guide completely, i was on track of everyting, and last s1, i won at end game! thx a lot nailzz, your good!

Incredible guide. I wish I could use this guide properly but I am not active enough. For some reason I always get a bad starting spot as well.
    Legend goes that you fail.

Even my very worst is better than your best.

Mitchell5345

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell5345;
    It is so nooby to quote yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell5345;
    Got crannys? We have catapults, do your poor villagers a favor, don't have crannys.

Banned.

Great guide! Gonna try it out on us1 round 4, hopefully this will work nearly as good as you can do it! Thanks so much!

Hi, there, Nailzz one year later, want to thank you, i never played before, on my first server i got the first second city on the whole server, now i am in the top 20 and everybody is just freezing when they hear my nickname. I only don't get one thing, why having a riding den... why not having all offence in one city, coz this will cost u more wheat transport per day, but then u will defend one village more... the less villages u defend the better i think... i made it so... have my maces in the hummer 15 and my palis to ride with in my capital, and i have only three cities to defend scout, defence and offence. It works out for me, i still dont attack with my riding army it is just not in another city that is all

Villager

Correct me if I am wrong but i usually transfer my raiding hub to a 9 cropper which is my 3rd village and then i take 15c
    Everything is something, which is nothing, but something.

The meaning? No one knows!

Except me!

PM me to know.