Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nailzz’s Guide of All Guides: Teuton

How are you supposed to get 40-50 macemen in the first day when you spend nothing to increase your resource production? You can't raid right off the bat because everyone will be in beginner protection.

That's why you start after everyone's BP ends.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSpyder View Post
    How are you supposed to get 40-50 macemen in the first day when you spend nothing to increase your resource production? You can't raid right off the bat because everyone will be in beginner protection.
    If you play as Teuton you always start at least 3 late.

Quote Originally Posted by Nailzz View Post
    In some places that's considered ****..
    Nice job ronpimpster.

Quote Originally Posted by jopa View Post
    Nice job ronpimpster.
    Lol..

Nailzz is not ronpimpster.

I've talked to both, they both have very different styles and speech.

And Nailzz knows 100x more about how travian is played from what I've seen. lolx

~Devil Chicken
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

Man, for the sacrifice of little sleep, not much social life, and no partner with you, You absolutly deserve to be Wonder Crowned!

You should be in the Travian Book of World Records!

As for the guide, could you possibly add in a part on Sitters? (Like how to find a good one, manage one, etc.)
    Roman Smilie is back!(You know you want it)
    http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/h...danceRoman.gif
    Vote here

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Lol..

Nailzz is ronpimpster.

I've talked to both, they both have very similar styles and speech.

And Nailzz knows 1x more about how travian is played from what I've seen. lolx

~Devil Chicken

1 word: RonPimpster

Default a bit of a troll-like jab

Quote Originally Posted by lamed00d View Post
    Good guide. Could do with better spacing on the paragraphs, though.
    Sorry, I didn't know I was writing a term paper. You must still be in school. Grammar and spelling critiques always welcome but icksnay on the "paragraph spacing" jabs. Just be happy I didn't give you a single block of text. Some people just HAVE to criticize something I guess, so if it's just paragraph spacing I can live with that.
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

Default Skimmer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSpyder View Post
    That's why you wait before you spawn. Go back and read the first post under Positioning. Don't skim the document and then ask questions. Read the whole thing first, that way your questions can be intelligently formed. [no sarcasm]
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

Quote Originally Posted by ruby.red.roses View Post
    That's why you start after everyone's BP ends.
    Thank you.

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

Quote Originally Posted by jopa View Post
    Nice job ronpimpster.
    LOL. You are just going to be the bane of my existence. Following me from epic post to epic post.

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

Quote Originally Posted by RTW_General View Post
    As for the guide, could you possibly add in a part on Sitters? (Like how to find a good one, manage one, etc.)
    Thanks for the sentiment... and that's actually a GREAT idea, I'll get right on it.

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

Unhappy question

Is it just me or is there a flaw with the first around 11 steps? Ive tried this before, i build the up to the market place, re distribute the resources, build rally point and barricks then only have enough for 1 macemen...

Same here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Time gnome View Post
    Is it just me or is there a flaw with the first around 11 steps? Ive tried this before, i build the up to the market place, re distribute the resources, build rally point and barricks then only have enough for 1 macemen...

Did you build a level 3 wheat field?

~Devil Chicken
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

i'm wondering if some of these people are just insta-building everything...cause i followed this strat and everything worked out fine(as in i didn't have to wait an extra day or so before i had enough res for maces - maybe an hour or two at most).

Are you sure that no resources overflowed when you received the bonus from the homeland?

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

yes, i built up wheat feild up after i got main building to lv 3. I also didnt insta build. My remake would be after wheat feild lv 3 build rally point then barricks then 2 macemen. i found tthat way you can actually get the 2 macemen instead of having to w8 4 hours for the 2nd.

yes, none overfolwed. ive done those exact 11 steps maybe 3 times before inn the past from other guides, i always end up with 1 macemen and not enough resources.
    Last edited by Time gnome; 05-24-2008 at 09:38 PM.

Exclamation

right now i am creating a new account on server usx ill tell what happens, it might be different cuz its speed server.

the result: i had to wait about 25 min. This would have been 1 hour and 15 min on a normal server though so there is a breif wait peroid. Not as bad as before but still annoying. Time to raid
    Last edited by Time gnome; 05-25-2008 at 01:36 AM.

Smile

that was beautiful

Sincerely wish i would have read this before my first time playing teutons.

Cant imagine the effort put into this. Grats, you deserve it.
    get to da choppaaaah

yes, i built up wheat feild up after i got main building to lv 3. I also didnt insta build. My remake would be after wheat feild lv 3 build rally point then barricks then 2 macemen. i found tthat way you can actually get the 2 macemen instead of having to w8 4 hours for the 2nd.
    I don't know what your saying here. I'm not trying to be rude but I admit I'm glossing over whatever you've said here. I just tested my strat AGAIN on speed and I've made an adjustment or two. I got everything up and built two macemen in less than two hours. No insta-build, no bonus resources from Plus. I suspect from this example and passed experience that normal servers would need the bonuses activated but could accomplish this in 3 to 3.5 hours.

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaksdreams View Post
    Sincerely wish i would have read this before my first time playing teutons.
    Cant imagine the effort put into this. Grats, you deserve it.
    The time I put into this is ridiculous...I'm still adding sections. Some players have great ideas.

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

Hi Nailzz, thanks for writing this guide, I found it extremely helpful. My Teuton village (normal server) is coming along very nicely.

I just have one question:

I keep getting the Food Shortage error message. In your guide it says that you shouldn't be upgrading any more wheat fields in the first part of the game after getting that one wheat field to level 3, but I've had to bring another wheat field to level 1 to finish my Scout tech. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks, and war on!

Quote Originally Posted by Pookies View Post
    In your guide it says that you shouldn't be upgrading any more wheat fields in the first part of the game after getting that one wheat field to level 3, but I've had to bring another wheat field to level 1 to finish my Scout tech. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks, and war on!
    Thanks for the sentiment...I'm sorry if that was confusing. Of course the game is going to dictate just how much wheat it's going to require as you begin to build up your buildings. If you upgrade wheat minimally as it's required you won't waste any more resources than are necessary to keep growing.

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

OK, TYVM for the clarification!

the title is " Nailzz’s Guide of All Guides: Teuton".

does that imply that there are guides for the other tribes to come?

I'm going to try something like this with Gaul =P

Quote Originally Posted by ppppaaaauuuullll View Post
    the title is " Nailzz’s Guide of All Guides: Teuton".

does that imply that there are guides for the other tribes to come?
    Oui Oui
    Last edited by Nailzz; 05-30-2008 at 01:36 PM.

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

Great Guide!!!

I'm confused. When do you upgrade resource fields?
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:

I doubt your guide might work that well.....I started on 4 servers late (3 day protect still). And the closest person farmable was 1:55 hours away, 3:50 incl. the return. So you expect someone to make 48 clubs, and townhall preq's when you can only raid 6-7 times, unless others come out of protection. I know I haven't gotten all that done in one day on normal....the most I have probally got is around 25 clubs.

Basically what you are saying is under very exceptional circumstancs where you spawn where others hve been for 2 days or so, hoping that no one has raided all the current people out of protection, and yet still manage to get an acadamy to or around level 10. If ya want to prove me wrong, start an account and show me. (normal speed)
    Last edited by Nath1607; 06-06-2008 at 04:34 PM.

Question: Do you build a raiding party on your 2nd village or do you just let your first village do the raiding and send resources to 2nd village?

Quote Originally Posted by Nath1607 View Post
    If ya want to prove me wrong, start an account and show me. (normal speed)
    You're a dummy.

Don't come in here all wet behind the ears trying to strength with me son. I've got 3 Wonders under my belt and scores of comrades that have implemented my guide successfully (over many servers) to prove what I do - you've got nothing but dum dum posts.

Before you step to a giant - "you betta acks somebody"
    Last edited by Nailzz; 06-07-2008 at 06:24 AM.

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

Quote Originally Posted by trigunz View Post
    Question: Do you build a raiding party on your 2nd village or do you just let your first village do the raiding and send resources to 2nd village?
    Good question. I usually hold off on building troops in the second village right away. The beginning of a server is a delicate time for even the most active and aggressive Teutons. I like to keep my forces consolidated into one village. This makes it possible for me to attack en masse if someone in the general area becomes an unexpected problem. You do want to reinforce a scout there to keep an eye on things though.

So I use the first village just to supply the second village so I can quickly build my party infrastructure.

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

Quote Originally Posted by oogoog View Post
    I'm confused. When do you upgrade resource fields?
    After the second village is settled you build up the fields in village one. It's in the guide on day 5. Don't ask me questions unless you've read the whole guide.

NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

Quote Originally Posted by Nailzz View Post
    You're a dummy.

Don't come in here all wet behind the ears trying to strength with me son. I've got 3 Wonders under my belt and scores of comrades that have implemented my guide successfully (over many servers) to prove what I do - you've got nothing but dum dum posts.

Before you step to a giant - "you betta acks somebody"
    I'm behind Nailzz on this one. I've taken over my 20x20 for 2 different villages in a little under a week on speed. That, my friends, was done by following it word for word.

I <3 Nailzz
    Last edited by The Hamburglar; 06-07-2008 at 07:22 AM. Reason: made a mistake on 21x21

Default Pro

Dude this dude sounds so pro... i havn't tried Teuton yet so i have no idea how he can posibly get that many resources that fast but i plan to try it soon, sounds fun.

im so gonna quote this on my allience form page, many people need to hear it

"Joining an Alliance

Once you join an alliance (preferably with a high offensive ranking), follow the rules. Do your best to be loyal and helpful where you can. If a call goes out for reins and resources then supply them when you can. If the destination is over 100 squares away – don’t bother sending them. Some people like to build villages hundreds of miles away so they can either Sim City or escape being farmed. I don’t support them. Especially on the slower normal servers.

Don’t be intimidated by leadership. Feel free to speak your mind and offer your opinion. Don’t let anyone talk down to you or give you rude orders or nonsensical duties or chores. Be more than a cog. Make a difference. Follow all reasonable requests and make your self available. Participate in group chats and voice chats if possible. Be invaluable."
    Last edited by noname; 06-08-2008 at 08:28 AM.

Heh

I bet you 1000 gold that if you start me and nailzz on the same speed server, we'll both have parties going before the second day is over-if not the first.