Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 200 of 579

Thread: Nailzz’s Guide of All Guides: Teuton

  1. #161

    Default

    Everyones on begginers protection!

    Gilli

  2. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danaseilhan View Post
    Where would you settle? Should I stay in my own 7x7 and completely dominate it, putting two more villages here in addition to my spawned village, and razing everything else to the ground before going farther? Or should I shift production over to siege instead of settler, and get rid of these two potential threats (one worse than the other, obviously)? My neighbors are lovely folks for the most part, and most of them seem to not be aware of what a cranny's for. Raising resources really is not an issue. I raided almost constantly in the beginning and I'm ramping it up again even now. I'm just having trouble deciding how best to proceed with what I get. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
    If you can put in the time I'd stay there and subdue the 13x13. Don't raze anyone. Just farm the ones that are getting out of hand relentlessly.

    I wouldn't settle a second village unless you're sure that there are not major threats. I'd just build LOTS and LOTS of macemen and spam my enemies with staggered attacks. Get that Gaul under control especially.
    __________________________________________________
    Khitan General: We have won again. This is good! But what is best in life?
    Khitan Warrior: The open steppe, a fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
    Khitan General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

    NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

  3. #163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffith View Post
    Nailzz are you going to update the guild since the new server quests have been instituted on all the servers? IE: you no longer recieve materials from the homeland or free gold right away. Now you need to do a series of quests to get them.
    I guess I'll have to
    __________________________________________________
    Khitan General: We have won again. This is good! But what is best in life?
    Khitan Warrior: The open steppe, a fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
    Khitan General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

    NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

  4. #164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gtonimusha View Post
    Nailzz, with your playing style, would you raid all teutons in your 15X15 area regardless of their troops size? Or would you let those who could possibly have the same troops size as you to live since attacking on them would cause a loss (might be a big loss too) to you?
    Players afraid to lose troops should not be playing as Teutons. As long as you're killing more than you're losing then you're okay. My troop turnover rate is staggering. Familiarity breeds contempt. As a Teuton my favorite targets are Teutons. Taking 600 macemen and attacking 800 macemen will more oftentimes yield a positive result for the attacker. If you see Teutons on the rise near you, it's important to neutralize their offensive before they can take advantage of your mutual defensive weaknesses.
    __________________________________________________
    Khitan General: We have won again. This is good! But what is best in life?
    Khitan Warrior: The open steppe, a fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
    Khitan General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

    NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

  5. #165

    Default

    I am not interested in putting money into gold but if I were playing as an offensive Teuton, would it be better to use my 35 on resource production or the NPC merchant?

  6. #166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSniper7 View Post
    I am not interested in putting money into gold but if I were playing as an offensive Teuton, would it be better to use my 35 on resource production or the NPC merchant?
    the NPC merchant.

  7. #167

    Default

    Hi.
    Could u please explain me a little bit more about the hammer than u said in ur guide?
    U said in ur previous posts that u hardly ever have a negative crop production , so how do u manage to have :
    40k Axemen
    15k TK’s
    600-1k rams
    Are all of these troops settled in one or in more villages?
    This is like 55k crop production , so how do u manage to have ur crop positive?
    tnx for the time

  8. #168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSniper7 View Post
    I am not interested in putting money into gold but if I were playing as an offensive Teuton, would it be better to use my 35 on resource production or the NPC merchant?
    npc merch
    __________________________________________________
    Khitan General: We have won again. This is good! But what is best in life?
    Khitan Warrior: The open steppe, a fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
    Khitan General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

    NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

  9. #169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meck24 View Post
    Hi.
    Could u please explain me a little bit more about the hammer than u said in ur guide?
    U said in ur previous posts that u hardly ever have a negative crop production , so how do u manage to have :
    40k Axemen
    15k TK’s
    600-1k rams
    Are all of these troops settled in one or in more villages?
    This is like 55k crop production , so how do u manage to have ur crop positive?
    tnx for the time
    hope I answered this in the PM you sent me.
    __________________________________________________
    Khitan General: We have won again. This is good! But what is best in life?
    Khitan Warrior: The open steppe, a fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
    Khitan General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

    NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

  10. #170

    Default

    lol can you pm me that answer too?
    s7-hoboman of gemini
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertySkies View Post
    when the teutons go to sleep, and stupidly leave their cute little macemen at home, with no crannies cause they are too good for those, my thunder ponies will come and let you know just how wrong you are. k bud?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Oh, so the ones that are all stiff and hidden at the bottom of your sock drawer weren't abused?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert
    Our our Railroads safe or should we be spending mre on anti-hobo technology?

  11. #171

    Default Start time for teutons

    I really do think that starting the day and hour of server beginning is important.

    Even if you cant raid for those first days, you are still producing resources which can be used later to help you jumpstart your raiding. If you are active enough, no one will be able to do any damage to you at all because they will find your resources empty.

    Raiding the same day you start the server has no value over starting three days earlier and raiding the hour everyone starts getting off beginners protection.

  12. #172
    Philosopher ruby.red.roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    in your head, stealing your smarties.
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Well, the thing is, YOU will be raided by those who did wait those few days. Potential growth is severely stunted by the lack of resource income that raiding gives you anyhow, so it's not like those few extra days will do any good.

  13. #173
    Tradesperson
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruby.red.roses View Post
    Well, the thing is, YOU will be raided by those who did wait those few days. Potential growth is severely stunted by the lack of resource income that raiding gives you anyhow, so it's not like those few extra days will do any good.
    Actually, those days would do you harm, you would be out of BP, without having had the opportunity to raid behind the protection. Which would limit your resource income as you said, and force you to either spend it on things other than the essentials, or watch it be raided away by those still enjoying protection. Starting off the bat would actually put you farther behind.

    Unless you intended to build up the task master objectives, and then pursue a military after a certain point.

    I'm not sure how viable just going for food production and a barracks would be. I did not crunch the cost or time to build it up, with no extra resource income, but if someone was interested enough to do that and post it somewhere that would be awesome.

    Tested trying to build some fields and complete quest objectives, but just the 12 hour wait for reinforcements makes that hard for a fast start too.

    If your going for straight troops, no extra buildings not waiting will just make you a target for those that did, for the above reasons.

  14. #174
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pokemon Emerald
    Posts
    554

    Default

    I hope Nailzz updates the guide with the quests section. Im having a hard time getting started nowadays because of quests. Before, I can raid almost immediately, by spending the trial gold and being able to raid in minutes. Now, I have to wait a day or so.

    I wish there is a choice to choose between quests and merchants.

  15. #175

    Default

    Having a 15 cropper as your capitol with all level 20 fields. Add the 25% bonus from oasis's and maybe even some from gold and getting 55,000 wheat per hour is a cinch.

  16. #176

    Post Challenge

    Once I first heard of the new quest system I was optimistic because we all had gotten used to the homeland bonus system. And I had put together so much stuff to try and get the best jump using Nailzz guide and some modifications to suite my playing style.

    I also recently asked whether Nailzz would look into modifying his guide for the Teuton race. A week later I've decided that wouldn't it be better for everyone if they were to take the time to experiment with the new system on their own and develop their own guide instead of always asking someone else to do it for you.

    Think of it as a challenge so to say, one for all of us to learn to think out of the box; everyone has been at a stage once when they look for advice. Those who follow advice to exact specifications may end up being good. Yet they should never be called "great" for following the mold set by someone before them. Yes it does help to get you going, but there's a time when you need to break-off from the design of others and find your own way.

    By following others you lack the mind-set to know when to improvise from what is being done to solve a situation. That there is called thinking on a higher plane. Sure anyone can read and copy others, but only 1/4 of that can create on their own.

    And to Nailzz, your guide has helped thousands if not more, including myself, but there comes a time when everyone needs to find their own way. Learning through trial and error is the only true way to ever learn. Not by reading out of a book or off of someone's web site.

    For all that read this post, remember take it as a challenge. Even if it means restarting 50 times on one round until you find a way that works out in the best possible way for you. Instead of posting it for others to learn, instead encourage them to work. And find their own way through trial and error.

    -Jeremy Beattie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    We need to ask not only "Is it mathematically possible" but "is it mathematically sustainable"
    -Jono
    Campaign add funded by the Jono for 45th US President foundation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelldroth View Post
    Global warming is causing all our farms to delete!
    Campaign add funded by the Kelldroth for Vice President foundation

    US4 - Eastwatch

  17. #177
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pokemon Emerald
    Posts
    554

    Default

    I followed the guide, then improvised it around to add my touch and go at my pace.
    Its just, I hate the quest system, and I try to find a solution, but that means waiting a day or 2 to raid. Unless you play on speed. But I dont give up.

  18. #178

    Default

    mudkip,

    It still can be done within 1 day. If you know when to break off the quest system & make troops. I've spent 7 servers getting it right. Only playing 1 day & then deleting. (all on normal servers) So far I've only worked it out for the Teutons.

    It's a like it or hate it type of way I worked it out. There isn't much of a middle ground. The biggest problem has been getting players nearby to raid. But that comes with when you start the server & how long they are into the round. Personally my way works better on speed servers. I can almost start as fast as those with the Homeland Bonus just without the 35 gold.

    But the entire idea is to find your own idea that works for you. It's to learn to improvise like when you have 15 attacks on each of your 7 villages. You've got to make judgments of who sent them, the transit times to determine troops, whether or not alliances may be at war. If you jump the gun & stack your defenses in one place your either miss the location or you'll lose all your troops and your hammer army at worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    We need to ask not only "Is it mathematically possible" but "is it mathematically sustainable"
    -Jono
    Campaign add funded by the Jono for 45th US President foundation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelldroth View Post
    Global warming is causing all our farms to delete!
    Campaign add funded by the Kelldroth for Vice President foundation

    US4 - Eastwatch

  19. #179
    Artisan danaseilhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    579

    Default

    I resent the heck out of not being given a choice between quests and merchants. Furthermore, I see no point in re-inventing the wheel. It's not like Nailzz gives us every little nuance of playing as a Teuton. It's not lazy or dishonorable for an experienced person to pass on the benefit of his experience to those who come after, nor for newbies to take advantage of that collected wisdom. I believe this is why we have things like schools and libraries, is it not? Or would you rather just keep testing different shapes to see which one rolls best beneath your car?
    "The object of life is not be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

    Under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, Chuck Norris can't leave the United States.

    I derep everyone near me in the thread when derepped anonymously. Use it wisely or be dragged down with me.

  20. #180
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pokemon Emerald
    Posts
    554

    Default

    I know it can be done in one day. Im still trying to find a good solution. I already found 1.
    But I still want to know if there is any better ones out there.

  21. #181

    Default

    So what are we supposed to live out our entire lives following someone else's example? I wonder why he did not give every little nuisance into playing as the Teuton's . . . maybe he would like you to improvise for your situation and not always look to someone else for the answer. I never mentioned it being dishonorable or lazy to pass on the knowledge. I am merely saying that eventually you need to find out things on your own. Now Nailzz gave the ground work and that there is what schools do. They lay the ground work to knowledge, collective wisdom cannot solve every situation as there are to many variables that require you to adapt for a specific situation. Now Nailzz laid the ground work to the Teuton tribe. Now I simply feel we need to adapt that on our own. Nobody will hand you everything all of the time.

    Oh and believe me if I could choose the Homeland Bonus, I would as nothing beats that many resources so early on. But they modified that in an attempt to create a more equal game. Now you need to adapt to that, as that option for the Homeland Bonus will not be an option.
    Last edited by CornHuskersFan; 07-28-2008 at 08:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    We need to ask not only "Is it mathematically possible" but "is it mathematically sustainable"
    -Jono
    Campaign add funded by the Jono for 45th US President foundation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelldroth View Post
    Global warming is causing all our farms to delete!
    Campaign add funded by the Kelldroth for Vice President foundation

    US4 - Eastwatch

  22. #182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egarcia8 View Post
    I really do think that starting the day and hour of server beginning is important.
    You should really be more modest. Put into practice, your post makes little sense. You're responding to "pre-quest" strategies that have been proven and your experience is insufficient. Don't rock the boat just to well... rock the boat.
    __________________________________________________
    Khitan General: We have won again. This is good! But what is best in life?
    Khitan Warrior: The open steppe, a fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
    Khitan General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

    NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

  23. #183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CornHuskersFan View Post
    And to Nailzz, your guide has helped thousands if not more, including myself, but there comes a time when everyone needs to find their own way. Learning through trial and error is the only true way to ever learn. Not by reading out of a book or off of someone's web site.
    This statement is true to a point. Eventually everyone will develop their own playing style and their own likes and dislikes. That beside the point, if you bought a product (appliance, TV, DVR, computer game) with all kinds of gadgets and doohickies you'd be pretty bent if it didn't come with at least a standard instruction manual. As a matter of fact when we start any time consuming endeavor we look to the manual for assistance if not just to get a "Quick Start". Those of us that can play Travian now without the use of guides were once avid guide readers. Now we're just experienced.

    Don't slam guides and the efforts that people go through to create them. Where would most of us be without help.travian.com or Travian wiki, let alone the many guides and posts on this board. If you don't want to use guides then more power to you... but you overstep when you discourage others - especially since you don't practice it throughout the rest of your life.
    __________________________________________________
    Khitan General: We have won again. This is good! But what is best in life?
    Khitan Warrior: The open steppe, a fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
    Khitan General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

    NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

  24. #184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CornHuskersFan View Post
    Now I simply feel we need to adapt that on our own.
    I don't think the problem is that people don't agree that there is more satisfaction in being "self made"... but even the best strategists like to put their ideas against those they respect.

    You wouldn't be suggesting that people just find a solution on their own and never compare it to popular opinion would you?
    __________________________________________________
    Khitan General: We have won again. This is good! But what is best in life?
    Khitan Warrior: The open steppe, a fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
    Khitan General: Wrong! Conan, what is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

    NAILZZ
    ▫▪₪ Here I come ₪▪▫

  25. #185

    Default

    I'm saying more as since they modified the game. There is no need to pamper everyone by updating the guide. It's still the same exact game, and not all manuals you receive will explain every little detail. When you buy a new computer it has instructions on how to connect the different components and what not. But they don't explain exactly everything that will happen like contracting a virus or trojan horse. Now your guide is the best I've seen and there is no questioning on that; but let that be used to help those get the simple ground work like what would be learned in school. While letting them solve their own problems by trial and error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    We need to ask not only "Is it mathematically possible" but "is it mathematically sustainable"
    -Jono
    Campaign add funded by the Jono for 45th US President foundation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelldroth View Post
    Global warming is causing all our farms to delete!
    Campaign add funded by the Kelldroth for Vice President foundation

    US4 - Eastwatch

  26. #186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nailzz View Post
    You should really be more modest. Put into practice, your post makes little sense. You're responding to "pre-quest" strategies that have been proven and your experience is insufficient. Don't rock the boat just to well... rock the boat.
    Wrong. Experience does not matter. This is about pure facts.

    The facts show that you will have more resources if you start earlier. Period.

    The only thing to pay attention to is being online as soon as everyone goes off of beginners protection.

    I will not accept your experience as authority. You must present strong conclusive evidence. Your explanation about why not to start earlier is not any kind of evidence.

    Furthermore, Even if you are not under beginners protection and you can get attacked, it is irrelevant. Even if other people can attack you, as long as you keep your resources spent no one will be able to take any. Period. If we are talking about people who stay on 24/7, those three days will be helpful.
    Last edited by Egarcia8; 07-29-2008 at 12:52 AM.

  27. #187

    Default

    starting a few days after really is best. who cares if you get a few hours worth of production. you'll most likely need to build a cranny because you get farmed by people who start later.

  28. #188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egarcia8 View Post
    Wrong. Experience does not matter. This is about pure facts.

    The facts show that you will have more resources if you start earlier. Period.

    The only thing to pay attention to is being online as soon as everyone goes off of beginners protection.

    I will not accept your experience as authority. You must present strong conclusive evidence. Your explanation about why not to start earlier is not any kind of evidence.

    Furthermore, Even if you are not under beginners protection and you can get attacked, it is irrelevant. Even if other people can attack you, as long as you keep your resources spent no one will be able to take any. Period. If we are talking about people who stay on 24/7, those three days will be helpful.
    you're so wrong
    Hi.

  29. #189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppppaaaauuuullll View Post
    starting a few days after really is best. who cares if you get a few hours worth of production. you'll most likely need to build a cranny because you get farmed by people who start later.
    As I said, if you are active enough (as in always online) no one can raid your resources anyways because they will be empty so that wont matter.

    For starting three days earlier, you get
    8x72 = 576 extra wood
    8x72 = 576 extra clay
    8x72 = 576 extra iron
    12x72 =864 extra wheat

    even if you start your account and just let it sit there for three whole days!! If you are active, you can make sure no one will raid those resources from you!

    I am certain that those extra resources will be a huge help early on. You could even use the resources to construct a cranny, which is useful to a certain extent if you are worried about people raiding you.
    Last edited by Egarcia8; 07-29-2008 at 01:03 AM.

  30. #190
    Philosopher Neran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Posts
    2,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egarcia8 View Post
    Wrong. Experience does not matter. This is about pure facts.

    The facts show that you will have more resources if you start earlier. Period.

    The only thing to pay attention to is being online as soon as everyone goes off of beginners protection.

    I will not accept your experience as authority. You must present strong conclusive evidence. Your explanation about why not to start earlier is not any kind of evidence.

    Furthermore, Even if you are not under beginners protection and you can get attacked, it is irrelevant. Even if other people can attack you, as long as you keep your resources spent no one will be able to take any. Period. If we are talking about people who stay on 24/7, those three days will be helpful.

  31. #191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egarcia8 View Post
    As I said, if you are active enough (as in always online) no one can raid your resources anyways so that wont matter.
    a cranny level 1 costs 130 resources. that equals 5.416 hours worth of production. at level 2 it costs 180 resources. that's 7.5 hours of production. for a level 3 cranny its 9.583 hours of production. even then, you get just over 100 resources of protection from teutons. and this is assuming that you can NPC merch the resources around. any production gain you get, is negated by the cost of crannies, and the ones that get taken from you.

  32. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppppaaaauuuullll View Post
    a cranny level 1 costs 130 resources. that equals 5.416 hours worth of production. at level 2 it costs 180 resources. that's 7.5 hours of production. for a level 3 cranny its 9.583 hours of production. even then, you get just over 100 resources of protection from teutons. and this is assuming that you can NPC merch the resources around. any production gain you get, is negated by the cost of crannies, and the ones that get taken from you.
    I will start the day of. I wont construct a cranny. And when anyone raids me (because I will always know) they will get no resources because I will spend them all. Period. So I will receive all those extra resources at no detriment.

  33. #193
    Tradesperson
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egarcia8 View Post
    As I said, if you are active enough (as in always online) no one can raid your resources anyways because they will be empty so that wont matter.
    Right, because you won't be waiting to tick up to 200 of X, or for your last 20 iron, or anything like that ever?

    Unless you build a cranny, you are going to be raided and lose resources because if I have no else to raid, I will hit you for your 10, 5, 1, 15 since it's more of a profit than 0,0,0,0.

    Just because you won't open your eyes to the facts doesn't mean they aren't there.

    -------------------------
    Anyways back to starting strategies...
    Now, I'm just guessing, but I think getting off the quest line after the build 1 of each level 1 field might be the best disembark point. But I haven't tested that yet, and I probably won't until in game on server 7. I have tested following the quest line (more or less, accidentally built a level 2 clay mine early, but meh).

    I would highly recommend that an Iron mine be the third structure you build, provided you are going to wait until last to build the rest of them for the upgrade all fields to level 1 quest. You will spend between a little to a lot less time waiting on iron that way. For enough crop income to support 1 level 2 of each resource type along with a rally point and a barracks you will need 3 level 2 wheat fields. It is probably best to build those only as you need them. But then this is basically from the follow the quest line approach to starting out. I also did not use any of the gold that you get, since from my experience it is considerably more valuable later on for 1:1 market trades than for the slight boost you will get from it for your resource production at the start.

    You should be able to have troops to raid with before the end of BP, if you just stick to the quest. And choose the military route. Of course, upgrading all of your fields to level 2 instead of building troops would be foolish, so once you have a barracks, focus on raiders.

    Anyways there is my beginners take, thank you for taking the time to read it.

  34. #194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barch View Post
    Right, because you won't be waiting to tick up to 200 of X, or for your last 20 iron, or anything like that ever?

    Unless you build a cranny, you are going to be raided and lose resources because if I have no else to raid, I will hit you for your 10, 5, 1, 15 since it's more of a profit than 0,0,0,0.

    Just because you won't open your eyes to the facts doesn't mean they aren't there.
    Of course! If you want to be in contention for the top 100, you have to be online almost all the time for the first few weeks. Thats a given!

    The advantage is there for anyone who is able to be online 24/7.

    If you spend your resources properly, You can have Macemen ready the MINUTE people get off of BP with you and start raiding 4 hours sooner than people who start three days late. This means you will get more resources.

    Now, if you let people raid away 2592 resources (three days worth at 0 level fields) THEN it will be harmful. In all other cases it will be helpful!
    Last edited by Egarcia8; 07-29-2008 at 01:28 AM.

  35. #195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egarcia8 View Post
    I will start the day of. I wont construct a cranny. And when anyone raids me (because I will always know) they will get no resources because I will spend them all. Period. So I will receive all those extra resources at no detriment.
    holy triple-post batman!

    how much of those resources are you spending on your cranny?

  36. #196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppppaaaauuuullll View Post
    holy triple-post batman!

    how much of those resources are you spending on your cranny?
    My friend. I am here to discuss with you facts. Not trade insults. The facts show that starting the day of will be advantageous as I stated earlier. Now if you can give good evidence otherwise in terms of numbers and facts, I will happily respond and give you my own counter arguments.

  37. #197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egarcia8 View Post
    My friend. I am here to discuss with you facts. Not trade insults. The facts show that starting the day of will be advantageous as I stated earlier. Now if you can give good evidence otherwise in terms of numbers and facts, I will happily respond.
    i already did. building a cranny costs many hours worth of resources, remember? how many resources do you spend on your cranny?

  38. #198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppppaaaauuuullll View Post
    i already did. building a cranny costs many hours worth of resources, remember? how many resources do you spend on your cranny?
    A cranny wont be necessary if you make sure you spend your resources before people can attack you. So I will not be constructing one.

    However if you would want to construct a cranny:
    With those 2592 extra resources produced during those three days above and beyond the initial 3000 (750 of each) you can construct a cranny. The first 6 levels will cost 1575 resources, so that raiders can not take any as long as you keep your resources below 360 or 240 for Teutons which is fairly easy to do (log in every three hours).

    That leaves 1017 EXTRA resources for building maces, a market place, a warehouse, a granary and a barracks. Would that not be advantageous?

    Furthermore, this is assuming that people WILL raid you after beginners protection. Who's to say you will be attacked by anyone? Most people do not play Teutons, so chances are you wont be raided at all unless you are grouped along with a lot of aggressive highly active players. Those chances are slim considering how many inexperienced/ inactive people play.
    Last edited by Egarcia8; 07-29-2008 at 01:53 AM.

  39. #199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egarcia8 View Post
    A cranny wont be necessary if you make sure you spend your resources before people can attack you. So I will not be constructing one.

    However if you would want to construct a cranny:
    With those 2592 extra resources produced during those three days above and beyond the initial 3000 (750 of each) you can construct a cranny. The first 6 levels will cost 1575 resources, so that raiders can not take any as long as you keep your resources below 360 or 240 for Teutons which is fairly easy to do (log in every three hours).

    That leaves 1017 EXTRA resources for building maces, a market place, a warehouse, a granary and a barracks. Would that not be advantageous?
    1)how are they not taking anything from raids if you have no cranny? are you NPC merching your resources down to 0? in which case, how are your troops not starving?

    2) your math seems to be a bit off. with 8 production of clay/wood/iron you only get 1728 resources. im not counting wheat because troops should make that negative.

  40. #200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppppaaaauuuullll View Post
    1)how are they not taking anything from raids if you have no cranny? are you NPC merching your resources down to 0? in which case, how are your troops not starving?

    2) your math seems to be a bit off. with 8 production of clay/wood/iron you only get 1728 resources. im not counting wheat because troops should make that negative.
    You start making troops a few hours before beginners protection ends. Thats why wheat gets counted. Besides, as long as you do not lose 2592 resources after beginners protection, then it will be profitable.

    I will make a comprehensive first three day Teuton strategy. Then you can critique.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •