Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: T's Guide for Romans

Quote Originally Posted by Sucaliaric View Post
    Imps and ECs are ideal for killing... EIs are for raiding.

When you are doing more killing than raiding, it's time to stop making EIs.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by nibru View Post
    Your first paragraph make sence, but when you stack reasorses for EIs I think it's a waste. I'm just too self-consious of EVERY reasorse in my villages.
    Thats why this game is played by human beings and not computers. We all have our own quirks and what works for us.

T.

Great guide. Extremely well written. Sticky anyone?
    "To be a farm or not to be a farm, that is the question."

-Hamlet, if Travian had existed in his time

Quote Originally Posted by Wizrunner View Post
    Great guide. Extremely well written. Sticky anyone?
    Thank you - Its good to see that so many people are finding it helpful. Romans need to step it up and quit being the 'delete and restart' tribe.

T.

@ T i think theres a minimum population for haveing the rat

* brb and il figure that rat minimum population for you, so your poor little romans dont loose their first few legos

*edit* anything under 9 population can be safeley attacked, anything AT or above 9 pop you risk of troops or rats
    Last edited by Phycohb; 08-28-2008 at 04:27 AM.
    The Mad Paste stabber strikes again!

Quote Originally Posted by Phycohb View Post
    @ T i think theres a minimum population for haveing the rat

* brb and il figure that rat minimum population for you, so your poor little romans dont loose their first few legos

*edit* anything under 9 population can be safeley attacked, anything AT or above 9 pop you risk of troops or rats
    I think I covered that ... lemme see

Quote Originally Posted by Tinasilna View Post
    Go raid someone. Go raid someone close to you who is below 9 pop. If they're all still in BP, look further. There will be at least one, likely many more than one. The reason you raid below 9 pop is because your troops are FKN EXPENSIVE. If you lose one to a rat, you are screwed. Don't let it happen. Your troops are your lifeline, they will either make or break you.
    Yep, there it is. Thanks Phy - thats something I didn't want to miss.

T.

I think I covered that ... lemme see

Yep, there it is. Thanks Phy - thats something I didn't want to miss.

T.
    Stickied. This covers enough eventualities and it's not as if you can't edit it later.

As nibru has, I found Imps effective early but I was able to play near on 24/7 and adapted to fit my circumstances. (Lousy easy farming, but if you killed what was defending huge profit)

Quote Originally Posted by Thronodor View Post
    Stickied. This covers enough eventualities and it's not as if you can't edit it later.

As nibru has, I found Imps effective early but I was able to play near on 24/7 and adapted to fit my circumstances. (Lousy easy farming, but if you killed what was defending huge profit)
    Awesome Thron - thanks

I've never played heavy into Imps, I just didn't have the time for it - but I can see the benefit. I'm actually going to start building them shortly to take out some of the defenses that have gathered up in my local area - but my new village needs to grow first, and they aren't any threat to me just yet.

I've seen people go heavy into imps and do just fine, both in my alliances and out of them - its just not the way I know to play ... and they say, write what you know. I may edit it later to put that option in.

T.

i've only played roman once... but i have to say that i went for imps first and i think it was a huge mistake. my real raiding started once i got E.I.s

great guide T.
    Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by wowza View Post
    i've only played roman once... but i have to say that i went for imps first and i think it was a huge mistake. my real raiding started once i got E.I.s

great guide T.
    Ditto. And Thanks wowza

T.

nicely done!! this is by far the best roman guide ive seen

very good.

if you dont mind ill post it on my allainces forums?

Quote Originally Posted by I Phail View Post
    very good.

if you dont mind ill post it on my allainces forums?
    Help yourself, just give credit where credit is due.

T.

i will

It's the best Roman guide by far, but I have one question: Why do you say that they are so good at team play? They have the worst merchants by far, and absolutely abysmal defense when it comes to helping out alliance members because all of their cavalry cost too much for them to be used as mobile defense. What exactly makes them stand out when it comes to team play in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Zooguy View Post
    It's the best Roman guide by far, but I have one question: Why do you say that they are so good at team play? They have the worst merchants by far, and absolutely abysmal defense when it comes to helping out alliance members because all of their cavalry cost too much for them to be used as mobile defense. What exactly makes them stand out when it comes to team play in your opinion?
    the prats for one.

teutons can use a god inf. defender.

I was following the encomy guide.

Thank you - Its good to see that so many people are finding it helpful. Romans need to step it up and quit being the 'delete and restart' tribe.

T.
    Well when it takes a roman more than a day to practically get to raiding and it only takes a teuton a couple of hours your resources are going down because the teuton is obviously going to raid you - thus why people say delete and restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy8315 View Post
    ok hey ipwn can you stop attacking me
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    No, I like your resources too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by conquerer7 View Post
    ...I'm a terrible player though.
    I am Tamorand in US6/USX

Quote Originally Posted by Zooguy View Post
    Their growth potential. They may not have the fastest defenders, but they do have some of the best. As long as you're not a long way off from the rest of your 'group' you won't have trouble sending them reinforcements when catapult waves start rolling.

Its easy a Roman to drop villages quickly, and grow them quickly as the game progresses. Your infrastructure while seemingly booring to consolidate will allow you to help finiancially any of your allies that require it, while easily allowing you to replace lost troops out in the field - faster than other people that require raiding supplements even though they are more expensive.

Your hammer, if you build one, will be one of the strongest and most secure. Don't let everyone telling you that build time and cost is prohibitive. It isn't. Your troops are solid and when they get thrown around they'll do damage that people aren't expecting because they all think Romans suck so badly Rebuilding a lost hammer while is sucks up your 5the resource *time* won't be as detrimental to the rest of your game as it will for others.

Romans also have the strongest defensive wall, even if it gets knocked down by a strong fart. Your villages easily save troop losses from your teammates if you actually end up being the one under attack.

I say Romans are a team player, because there is nothing they do that will show up on a top 10 list (in general). But good alliances know that they will need at least some to win - ask yourself why.

Quote Originally Posted by Shima zhao View Post
    I was following the encomy guide.
    Its a great farm guide.

Quote Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
    Well when it takes a roman more than a day to practically get to raiding and it only takes a teuton a couple of hours your resources are going down because the teuton is obviously going to raid you - thus why people say delete and restart.
    ... if a Teuton raids you while you're in BP report the hacker.

T.

Their growth potential. They may not have the fastest defenders, but they do have some of the best. As long as you're not a long way off from the rest of your 'group' you won't have trouble sending them reinforcements when catapult waves start rolling.

Its easy a Roman to drop villages quickly, and grow them quickly as the game progresses. Your infrastructure while seemingly booring to consolidate will allow you to help finiancially any of your allies that require it, while easily allowing you to replace lost troops out in the field - faster than other people that require raiding supplements even though they are more expensive.

Your hammer, if you build one, will be one of the strongest and most secure. Don't let everyone telling you that build time and cost is prohibitive. It isn't. Your troops are solid and when they get thrown around they'll do damage that people aren't expecting because they all think Romans suck so badly Rebuilding a lost hammer while is sucks up your 5the resource *time* won't be as detrimental to the rest of your game as it will for others.

Romans also have the strongest defensive wall, even if it gets knocked down by a strong fart. Your villages easily save troop losses from your teammates if you actually end up being the one under attack.

I say Romans are a team player, because there is nothing they do that will show up on a top 10 list (in general). But good alliances know that they will need at least some to win - ask yourself why.

Its a great farm guide.

... if a Teuton raids you while you're in BP report the hacker.

T.
    What do you mean its a great farm guide.?

What do you mean its a great farm guide.?
    The Economic Roman guide - it makes awesome farms.

T.

Did ya even read it? Iwas following and how please?

in a pretty little townhouse covered in snow

Did ya even read it? Iwas following and how please?
    Well, I for one like to farm people around me who are following that guide Here little romans, come to mama...

Seriously, it leaves you vulnerable to attack. It makes you a nice, rich farm for someone to find.

Quote Originally Posted by dicentra View Post
    Well, I for one like to farm people around me who are following that guide Here little romans, come to mama...

Seriously, it leaves you vulnerable to attack. It makes you a nice, rich farm for someone to find.
    What trible. Also, it leaves the person fallowing to guid to be farmed.

What trible. Also, it leaves the person fallowing to guid to be farmed.
    Sorry, I really don't understand what you're trying to say here (not snarking, being honest).

I saying what tribe do you play.

Does it makes you a good farm or someone else agood farm?

I saying what tribe do you play.

Does it makes you a good farm or someone else agood farm?
    Ah I see. I play a Gaul. I like to farm Romans. As of yet *knock wood* I've never been farmed.

Lucky, I got farmed my Teutons. BEfore you ask, yes i do play romans.

The Economic Roman guide - it makes awesome farms.

T.
    That's true, roughly 50% of farms (when i can be bothered farming) are romans that most likely followed that guide. Also sets them up with a great resources production for farmers

Lucky, I got farmed my Teutons. BEfore you ask, yes i do play romans.
    And that's why everyone farms romans, commonly known as n00bs... (except the few great players that come back and kill teut's later on).
    Last edited by omik; 08-30-2008 at 01:39 PM.
    I dont need your stupid signature...

but ill take it anyway.

It's easy to train an army however.

I would just like to say that this is the benchmark guide for success for Romans, and should be circulated throughout all the Travain forums.

I would like to ask a question though. As an aggressive Teuton, I've tried my luck with Romans and haven't found success for only one reason. By day 3 or 4 I usually have around 10 legos, and by 5 or 6 I've topped around 20. Then I always get wiped by some noob Teuton when I wasn't logged on who got 0 resources but killed my precious troops.

So my question is, how do you effectively recover from losing your lego's T? Especially when you just pumped all your resources into troop production and have neglected your fields.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zingoleb
    Nargle nargle FLOOOOOF gurpoppa de doodle de DOOFLE MARK GET YOUR REAR IN HERE I rarfum, I rarf 'em good! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Angel
    "The police came and took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever. I don't really care but my parents aren't very happy."

Keep raiding so if you are doing an 2 hour raid come baCK IN 4 HOURS. And when you sleep find a spot 5-6 hours so 10-12 hours total. You should be fine unless when some attack you in the couple secondw while your home.

Great guide, T. If there were a hall of fame for amazing guides it'd be yours. Also. Most of the Roman guides I've read weren't that good.. But great work! It probably took you a long time!

-Bosten
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...-Signature.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by awesometjk View Post
    How lazy are people getting to where it matters if you move your finger 2 times or 3?

Amazing guide. I'm going to make a new account just to play T's way.
    OMG LOL. Read from top to bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maginot View Post
    Someone wrote:
    just sent the recources, they were a little late today because i got into a fist fight with a couple of guys at school. lol

Quote Originally Posted by belwasp View Post
    I would just like to say that this is the benchmark guide for success for Romans, and should be circulated throughout all the Travain forums.

I would like to ask a question though. As an aggressive Teuton, I've tried my luck with Romans and haven't found success for only one reason. By day 3 or 4 I usually have around 10 legos, and by 5 or 6 I've topped around 20. Then I always get wiped by some noob Teuton when I wasn't logged on who got 0 resources but killed my precious troops.

So my question is, how do you effectively recover from losing your lego's T? Especially when you just pumped all your resources into troop production and have neglected your fields.
    If you've got no resources fields (and have lost all your troops) then you should use the 'delete and restart' tactic everyone loves to use with romans

Or you can try sim citying your way up to fields about level 6 and then can make an army.
    I dont need your stupid signature...

but ill take it anyway.

Okay, thank you to the people who tried to answer this question. But I want T to answer it.

I'm not asking how do I avoid a wipe. I'm asking after a wipe that comes early on how or whats the strategy to effectively recover? You just lost 10-20 lego's in your first week, and you have used your gold for +25% bonus and raid bounty to train more troops, therefor neglecting your fields. So now you have only level 2 fields, and no more troops.

What happens next? What is the next move?
    Nargle nargle FLOOOOOF gurpoppa de doodle de DOOFLE MARK GET YOUR REAR IN HERE I rarfum, I rarf 'em good! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
    "The police came and took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever. I don't really care but my parents aren't very happy."

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTENRULES View Post
    Great guide, T. If there were a hall of fame for amazing guides it'd be yours. Also. Most of the Roman guides I've read weren't that good.. But great work! It probably took you a long time!

-Bosten
    Thanks Bosten. I think it took me about 6 hours all together just to write it, but I've been compiling info for a few weeks thanks to some other helpful players.

Okay, thank you to the people who tried to answer this question. But I want T to answer it.

I'm not asking how do I avoid a wipe. I'm asking after a wipe that comes early on how or whats the strategy to effectively recover? You just lost 10-20 lego's in your first week, and you have used your gold for +25% bonus and raid bounty to train more troops, therefor neglecting your fields. So now you have only level 2 fields, and no more troops.

What happens next? What is the next move?
    To be honest, I've never been wiped, so I've never had to recover. I've had Teutons in my area look at my growth and just walk away deciding it isn't worth losing their army attacking mine.

I can tell you what I would attempt. Of course it depends on how aggressive and willing that Teuton is to keep losing troops to kill yours off.

First, I'd have send some kind of amusing message about our two armies getting in a brawl at my Town hall, and unfortunately causing quite a mess. I'd appologise that fewer soldiers made it home than came over to visit - I dunno, something like that to open communication. The more he talks to you, the less likely he is to attack you. Don't ask him to stop, just chat him up. If you can't do it, leave it alone.

Move cranny to level 8.

Stockpile resources ... sit there staring at the counter. You'll need to go what ... 8 hours probably to stock up enough for 2 more legos. If the guy sends an attack, watch the countdown, your legos take 1/2 hour each to build. Wait till he's just inside 1/2 hour and build 1 (if you have enough) - if not, just take it - repeat amusing message.

When you've got 2 again, you start over, raid up, build up and keep moving. If the guy is still attacking you make sure your resources are spent down and your legos aren't there when you're not online to dodge. If that means joining an alliance just to find someone who isn't being attacked that you can reinforce for the night, do it.

-- After that just keep it up. Watch what he's sending for raiding parties. They'll be small if hes been getting zippo from you and sees no troops. If you get back to a place you can afford some loss. Don't dodge, wipe his raiding party. Make sure you dodge the next one though it'll be big.

-- Repeat above proceedure, likely he'll lose taste for you, and if he doesn't you'll be using this guide to rush for EI's and will wipe him soon enough.

-----

Thats about all the advice I've got for such a generic problem. Its situational so I can't be more specific. I hope that helps.

T.
    Last edited by Tinasilna; 08-31-2008 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks Bosten. I think it took me about 6 hours all together just to write it, but I've been compiling info for a few weeks thanks to some other helpful players.

To be honest, I've never been wiped, so I've never had to recover. I've had Teutons in my area look at my growth and just walk away deciding it isn't worth losing their army attacking mine.

I can tell you what I would attempt. Of course it depends on how aggressive and willing that Teuton is to keep losing troops to kill yours off.

First, I'd have send some kind of amusing message about our two armies getting in a brawl at my Town hall, and unfortunately causing quite a mess. I'd appologise that fewer soldiers made it home than came over to visit - I dunno, something like that to open communication. The more he talks to you, the less likely he is to attack you. Don't ask him to stop, just chat him up. If you can't do it, leave it alone.

Move cranny to level 8.

Stockpile resources ... sit there staring at the counter. You'll need to go what ... 8 hours probably to stock up enough for 2 more legos. If the guy sends an attack, watch the countdown, your legos take 1/2 hour each to build. Wait till he's just inside 1/2 hour and build 1 (if you have enough) - if not, just take it - repeat amusing message.

When you've got 2 again, you start over, raid up, build up and keep moving. If the guy is still attacking you make sure your resources are spent down and your legos aren't there when you're not online to dodge. If that means joining an alliance just to find someone who isn't being attacked that you can reinforce for the night, do it.

-- After that just keep it up. Watch what he's sending for raiding parties. They'll be small if hes been getting zippo from you and sees no troops. If you get back to a place you can afford some loss. Don't dodge, wipe his raiding party. Make sure you dodge the next one though it'll be big.

-- Repeat above proceedure, likely he'll lose taste for you, and if he doesn't you'll be using this guide to rush for EI's and will wipe him soon enough.

-----

Thats about all the advice I've got for such a generic problem. Its situational so I can't be more specific. I hope that helps.

T.
    I also wonder it is a good idea to build up your fields or keep raiding.

I also wonder it is a good idea to build up your fields or keep raiding.
    If wiped, rebuild troops and keep raiding. Though it's never happened to me it happened to my partner in the 1 hour slot between her troops returning and getting up slightly late. She just consolidated, rebuilt by raiding (Lost 2-3 days of troops basically) but eventually got past me on the rankings when we were both playing Romans. Shift to fields when you aren't getting any more raid booty by building more troops... Raiding is just better by far no matter the circumstances.

Much thanks. For the guide and the response.

I wasn't sure whether to give up on fields and go troop building or what. Ive lost 32 lego's from me not being around, so I've been recovering and getting wiped over and over for about 2 weeks now. Guess that's the risk you run when you can't put in the time.

Thanks again!

Farmhand

Excellent guide T