Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 217

Thread: T's Guide for Romans

  1. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brate View Post
    I don't usually play Romans, but very good guide.
    I concur

  2. #122
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington USA
    Posts
    204

    Default

    2 weeks after starting I finally read this guide


    grrrrr,

    live and learn

    I'll certainly be using this advice on my next server, if I pick romans next time

  3. #123

    Default

    wonderful!!!

    thanx author

  4. #124

  5. #125

    Default

    This makes me want to try romans lol nice job
    Ron Paul, 2012.

  6. #126

    Default

    Hey T I have been following your guild on us server 3 and it has really really hepled me get a jump start to travian. Its a really good guide and I soon passed everyone else in my 7x7 who started before me. I have one question though, im about to move to my second village and you have stated that after I get fields to 5 in the second village that I get my academy to level 10. I have kept looking in to why you have me do this and I cant find any other reason acept for a senator but wouldnt it be easier to just train 3 more settlers instead? Just was wondering what the reason behind this was. Any way thanks for this really great guild. Long live the Romans!

    Stanton

  7. #127
    Artisan omik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton View Post
    Hey T I have been following your guild on us server 3 and it has really really hepled me get a jump start to travian. Its a really good guide and I soon passed everyone else in my 7x7 who started before me. I have one question though, im about to move to my second village and you have stated that after I get fields to 5 in the second village that I get my academy to level 10. I have kept looking in to why you have me do this and I cant find any other reason acept for a senator but wouldnt it be easier to just train 3 more settlers instead? Just was wondering what the reason behind this was. Any way thanks for this really great guild. Long live the Romans!

    Stanton
    It's because you need an acadamy level 10 build a town hall. When you have a town hall you can throw parties which give you culture points. With more culture points you can build villages faster and grow faster.
    I dont need your stupid signature...

    but ill take it anyway.

  8. #128

    Default

    im back
    if you want your brain eaten click here http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?brsingircowboy troy +miranda lambert =


    Quote Originally Posted by Jacket35 View Post
    Grammar and punctuation goes a long way in this community. I understand it, and like it.
    help help please

  9. #129

    Default

    Thank you T, this guide is truly incredible.

  10. #130
    Villager Komrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    179

    Default

    I thought your guide was a good Roman guide for new players, but there were a few things I thought weren't ideal.

    I'm a Roman on us7, like you, and I started day 1. If you work it correctly you can carve out a nice little area for yourself near the core. Romans are excellent defenders and early on if you build up some defenses and legos the teutons that come roaming won't take casaulties in their blind assaults, and you immediately begin couterattacking. I started midnight first day, pre-registering, and have carved out a large chunk of land around me where there are only alliance mates and protectorates near me. Later on Romans have the advantage of better walls and prats, meaning if you're larger you'll be overlooked for attacks and can grow unhindered.

    I also disagree with your EI focus. For the cost, AP and carrying per upkeep Imp's make a much better option for Romans until later on when Imps are combined with smaller numbers of EC.

    Just some creative differences from one veteran s7 Roman to another. Great newblood guide either way, many kudos.
    Brought to you by the Good Folks At Socialism,

    Komrade

  11. #131

    Default

    The first time I ever played travian, I was a simmer roman. I was farmed for some time, but when I started being really active and dodging attacks, I came out very well. I still simmed for a long while, but it was my first time. Now I like to play Gauls, and I like to seek out romans as my famrs, but if they read this guide I'm skrewed. I vote we delete this amazing roman guide, so the other tribes get to keep their farms.
    Many kudos to you, T.

  12. #132

    Default

    u might hear this for like, er.. thousands times? but I still have to say, great guide ^_^
    I'm just a newb start playing Roman and it helped me a lot .
    I have a question, according to this guide, how many EI should I have before moving to 2nd village?
    Cuz i'm playing in a normal server, not speed, and those settlers, research, building upgrade etc... cost a lot. So, the troops I have will only are 20 legs, and ... xxx EI?
    really appreciate any1 who helps me

  13. #133
    Tradesperson
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In A dreamland called reality...
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ffp3fdhgu View Post
    u might hear this for like, er.. thousands times? but I still have to say, great guide ^_^
    I'm just a newb start playing Roman and it helped me a lot .
    I have a question, according to this guide, how many EI should I have before moving to 2nd village?
    Cuz i'm playing in a normal server, not speed, and those settlers, research, building upgrade etc... cost a lot. So, the troops I have will only are 20 legs, and ... xxx EI?
    really appreciate any1 who helps me
    Make as many as you can and constantly raid with them. But don't waste resources only on them. You'd go into neg wheat if you did that. I would say about 30 EI.

  14. #134
    Villager dash-n-death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In Your Cranny
    Posts
    228

    Default

    I think Romans are for good players because of the following:

    1. If your new, you will think the game sucks because Romans get eaten alive early game.
    2. If you good, you will know that you need to wait 1-2 months until you can really use the power of Romans.
    3. If you played all the way through a game and understand the craziness of the end game you respect the ability of Romans.
    Read this it will answer most of your questions
    If the first link did not help you read this one
    If you have a question about upgrades or troops stats

    Currently Playing S4

    “These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world. Then we F*ck*d up the endgame.”
    Charlie Wilson

  15. #135
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Something very important of Romans is to use resources wisely in the Palace/Residence, I their Settlers are cheap.

  16. #136

    Default

    The only reason i use merchants is to send supplies to my new home. I never really trade. So i don't think the merchant's are so bad. just have a level 15 trade office at least, that's 1500 resources per merchant.

  17. #137

    Default

    great guide thanks T!

  18. #138

    Default

    Thanks for the guidelines as well as the informative ideas you' ve shared to us..It will help a lot to everyone and i really learn from it.

  19. #139
    Guest User Awaiting E-mail Confirmation User Awaiting E-mail Confirmation User Awaiting E-mail Confirmation User Awaiting E-mail Confirmation User Awaiting E-mail Confirmation User Awaiting E-mail Confirmation
    Unconfirmed E-mail

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    16

    Thumbs up

    Great guild Thanks T!
    Last edited by Kevin 57397; 06-06-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: I made a mistake and it makes no sense!

  20. #140

  21. #141

    Default

    thank you for the guide

  22. #142

    Default Thank You

    Nice one did it to the letter 3 villages in 6 weeks Awesome

  23. #143

    Default

    i like romans and i just build up my buildings first

  24. #144

    Default

    There's a lot more to this than I though, eh? Ah well, I'm willing to learn. Great guide, btw!

  25. #145
    Philosopher Tinasilna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Frozen North
    Posts
    2,441

    Default

    Thank you for all your support (everyone). Sorry I haven't been around to answer your pms. No, none of them were stupid questions - i just wish I'd had time to write back with stupid answers.

    Anyway, don't feel like I was just snubbing you, I haven't actually been around for months, so you just missed me. But a little birdie told me I won something and had to come check it out, so I'm back ... for now ...

    T.

  26. #146
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinasilna View Post
    Thank you for all your support (everyone). Sorry I haven't been around to answer your pms. No, none of them were stupid questions - i just wish I'd had time to write back with stupid answers.

    Anyway, don't feel like I was just snubbing you, I haven't actually been around for months, so you just missed me. But a little birdie told me I won something and had to come check it out, so I'm back ... for now ...

    T.
    T's back!!

  27. #147
    Frankenfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    QLD- Australia
    Posts
    3

    Post

    Wow, now i realise where I went so wrong on my first server.

  28. #148
    Villager benny13x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    where ever you think I do
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Very good guide, thank you. I was following the economic roman guide, building a very nice farm, im glad I found this guide before it was too late. . Thank you again.

  29. #149

    Default My bad

    um... am a roman and i started with trade and i don't know what else to do, so help? do i still get to raid and conquer villages?

  30. #150
    Philosopher ruby.red.roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    in your head, stealing your smarties.
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Yes, you can, but it will take a little bit longer for you to reach that stage. Also, your now newly-leveled fields will make you a better farming target, so watch out.

  31. #151
    Philosopher Tinasilna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Frozen North
    Posts
    2,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    T's back!!
    Let the Sarcasm begin!

    Quote Originally Posted by benny13x View Post
    Very good guide, thank you. I was following the economic roman guide, building a very nice farm, im glad I found this guide before it was too late. . Thank you again.
    Glad you found it useful.

    Quote Originally Posted by deabo View Post
    um... am a roman and i started with trade and i don't know what else to do, so help? do i still get to raid and conquer villages?
    Yes.

    T.

  32. #152

    Default Mistake

    i am new to this game and i started with the economy instead of military and now i realize that i made a mistake, and i want to know if i could still build brackets and other military stuff. can i still raid villages and take their resources instead of trading?

  33. #153
    Philosopher Tinasilna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Frozen North
    Posts
    2,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deabo View Post
    i am new to this game and i started with the economy instead of military and now i realize that i made a mistake, and i want to know if i could still build brackets and other military stuff. can i still raid villages and take their resources instead of trading?
    Yes, and you should.

    T.

  34. #154

    Default

    Honestly, ive never thought of playing like that, like a teoton. however that probally takes a lot of log ins, not once a day, wich on other games, I've seen people do and they've failed.
    there's an old saying, if you give a man a fire he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

    By reading that, I've gained partial control of your mind!

  35. #155
    Farmhand ToastMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ToastLand
    Posts
    5

    Smile

    Awesome guide! made me switch to Roman from Teuton, least if i like it I'm Trying the guide out on UKX and so far like it! course i have only played for an hour lol

    anyhow props man!
    Under construction...What can I say? Toast labor Sucks!

  36. #156

    Default Attacked

    i lost a rat to an enemy, when he attacked when i came out of bp. Is there a way to get it back

  37. #157
    Philosopher Sleeping Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    doing rami thingz
    Posts
    4,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deabo View Post
    i lost a rat to an enemy, when he attacked when i came out of bp. Is there a way to get it back
    No. And you shouldn't want it back, as it only takes up wheat. Gives you space for another lego.

  38. #158
    Tradesperson Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Oh, you know...
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Bear View Post
    No. And you shouldn't want it back, as it only takes up wheat. Gives you space for another lego.
    The rat is just one of those 'Idon't care' things. If you keep it, just an extra defensive unit. If it dies, one extra wheat per hour you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargate View Post
    shooter101, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone who has read this is now dumber for having done so. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

  39. #159

    Default

    ya, and i want to get back at him i lost of my soldiers cause of him.

  40. #160

    Default

    great guide

    im playing on a speed server and also playing the game for the first time and this guide really helped. i have my scouts going around and my legos following them while pushing for EI right now.

    im guessing after that its just more EI and more raiding?

    ive also thought about going for the hero to wipe out the other armies around my area.


    thank you for the guide. very helpful to a new player to the game!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •