Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: T's Guide for Romans

Default How to Build a Raiding Schedule

I love this guide! Something to add for other new Romans after my first two days of Travian (ever):

My first instincts on start were to level up fields and buildings as much as possible. Then I noticed and started working the quests. Then I had to wait (!) because I blew all my resources on things ugly didn't ask for. So, hungry for more Travian activities, I searched the forums and found this uber excellent guide (thanks T!).

As soon as I had my first lego I started searching for raiding targets. I realized I can plan an attack diary by clicking villages and sending troops. After clicking on "Send Troops", I commit my one lego, and click "Okay". All the first ones I tried immediately showed me the exact end of their BP, though none of them showed the white dove in their profile. (Of course that didn't surprise me, because as soon as I realized how that dove would beckon to raiders I collected my reward and took it off again in the next second!) Hooray for military intelligence! I took note of each one's name and end of BP and put them in my notepad in order - chronological, of course. Finally I discovered one that simply showed me an arrival time and said "Okay". My first target! the brilliant part is that you can always check the BP exit this way as long as you have 1 attack troop at home, even if there's no way you would actually send the troop(s), because you can click away to cancel the send at this point.

Then my second lego finished and I raided and raided . . .

T does it again!
    PS3- Givens43

Quote Originally Posted by LeonSeie View Post
    Honestly, ive never thought of playing like that, like a teoton. however that probally takes a lot of log ins, not once a day, wich on other games, I've seen people do and they've failed.
    Many teuton guides don't involve upgrading fields as much even though when I play as a teut I don't waste resources on getting a townhall. I instead wait and upgrade my fields.

All I can say about this guide........ G R E A T ! ! Thank you T.

now can you write a roman guide adjusted slightly for travian3.5

Quote Originally Posted by jeffman View Post
    now can you write a roman guide adjusted slightly for travian3.5
    He would need to play a 3.5 server first...
    My speed, smells like french toast.
    -Ladainian Tomlinson

US4r3 - Quick-Xrta

The problem with this guide is that i dont raid and i do very well

Cool

I just started a few days ago when I played this game a year or so ago I started with gold to increase your production for 7 days. For some reason, I didn't start with any gold this time. Did they change the way the game starts. That would help out a lot and get things moving a little more quickly. I appreciate all the tips you guys gave me to get things started. I hope to make some more allies in the near future. Thanks again!

Yes they did. You need to work for it now. Just talk to the annoying guy that keeps on popping up.
    White text for the win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride_the_wave_renton View Post
    All I know is that today I tripped and my face hit this hot girl's boobs!

Now you need to follow quests. Here is the link on what they are and the rewards.
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=32350

I kinda have a question.You sad that when our 2nd village reaches near the same lvl fields with 1st one we should push 1st from 2nd.So if we didn't wait and we builded new village while our fields were lvl5 so we push 2nd to lvl5 so do we then push 1st to lvl 10 or to lvl7?If we push it till lvl7 that means we would then return and push second till lvl7 when 1st is finished and then push 1st till it has lvl10 fields?
    Sorry for grammar mistakes...I kinda used spell check but a free one so not sure how accurate is it...

I'm wondering what kind of units of should try to develop in my first and 2nd village, in terms of offensive and defensive besides the ones you mentioned. when should i stop making legs, or should i always make them, if so then how would i use them.
    Edit: well i could make them for defensive purpose to tackle calvary but any other reasons to keep making them?

China Town Tom What sever are you on?
    Dragons rule the sky, so shall we fight fire with fire, or die like this guy.

Hold Alt and press enter.

Quote Originally Posted by China Town Tom View Post
    I'm wondering what kind of units of should try to develop in my first and 2nd village, in terms of offensive and defensive besides the ones you mentioned. when should i stop making legs, or should i always make them, if so then how would i use them.
    Edit: well i could make them for defensive purpose to tackle calvary but any other reasons to keep making them?
    No real reason to make legos after you have a decent number of Praets for def and Imps for off with the exception of, like you said, cavalry attacks. Gauls are pretty mean once they start throwing their TT's around. So you should have a good balance. Another suggestion is to find a friendly Teuton and trade him/her Praets for Spears. That way you can just focus on Praet production and will have a better cavalry defense than what legos would provide.

Farmhand

nice guide!

very informative and helpful. I seemed to be almost on your schedule with a few mild adjustments, however it has been an excellent source as a balancing tool to this game.

Default defensing chiefs

Thank you for the guide, its quite good. One quick question. i started my server late; I'm growing quickly, but I'm afraid the dude next to me will try to chief my biggest village (I just settled a 15c, and have 4 villages). Whats the best way to defend against chiefing? Do parties keep morale up? I have a lvl 20 wall and lots of prats, but if they get taken out, what keeps a village from being taken over?

Quote Originally Posted by navydoc View Post
    Thank you for the guide, its quite good. One quick question. i started my server late; I'm growing quickly, but I'm afraid the dude next to me will try to chief my biggest village (I just settled a 15c, and have 4 villages). Whats the best way to defend against chiefing? Do parties keep morale up? I have a lvl 20 wall and lots of prats, but if they get taken out, what keeps a village from being taken over?
    Parties do help against chiefing. One way to defend against a chiefing is keep your residence queued, so when it gets catapulted it might be built back up when the chiefs hit. Also, if you have a smaller army, dodge their clearing wave and then snipe the chiefs. Easy way to do this is to send your troops out and then pull them right back to hit the second after his clear wave. (You only have 90 seconds to retrieve your troops.)
    Last edited by JD70; 04-11-2009 at 03:44 PM.

OP, thanks for this guide. It's helped me enjoy this game so much more. I stumbled around for the first few days until I found this guide, and since I've been able to do just fine for myself.

Great job with this and hail the Roman Empire

Great Guide! I'm doing the Romans for the third time now. Still haven't gotten past the first few weeks. I started off as a Tueton, and just made naps with all the guys in the area my first time. I'm a top 500 player and going up, so I thought I was pretty good, but then I tried Romans I think I'm just going to dedicate a week in the summer to starting off the Romans.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by brate View Post
    I don't usually play Romans, but very good guide.
    very good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by imperious View Post
    thanks for the guide, extremely helpful...

question, how do you best deal with traps early on?
    Its best to start with raiding only 5-10 pop gauls that don't have a trapper. When you get about 15 legos you can raid the 15 pop gauls and teutons.
    Also note that it is impossible to have troops or traps at anything below 9 pop.

MB 1= 2 wheat
    MB 2= 1 wheat
    MB 3= 1 wheat
    Rally point= 1 wheat
    Barracks or trapper= 4 wheat

=9 wheat per hour.

So yea.

Raid people with -9 pop and you can be certain that they don't have troops.
    Last edited by mitchell5345; 05-17-2009 at 05:46 PM.
    Legend goes that you fail.

Even my very worst is better than your best.

Mitchell5345

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell5345;
    It is so nooby to quote yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell5345;
    Got crannys? We have catapults, do your poor villagers a favor, don't have crannys.

If you are reading this you are a stalker.

very good guide helped me understand them much better.
    US2: Ritter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost In Confusion 3 View Post
    Don't get me started on the smell of your bodily functions.
    http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nbnfntxs-1.png

Despite romans' status as the beginner's race and farms, it is the hardest tribe to use right.

If you think about it, it's quite a good game mechanic, as the romans are the travian mascot (of sorts) so both levels of the skill bar will use em: The newbs and the super pros.

The reason i'm saying this is while romans have a huge disadvantage early game (its supposed to be historical i suppose) they can easly be a late game power house. Provided you survive.

I started out in server 4 as a roman and was pretty much abused for the better part of 2.5 months before leveling all my enemies in my 14x14, taking revenge on the teuts and crunching through and gauls that gave me grief. This only happened however, with good alliance support.
    Doggy ses bow wow.

Kitty ses meow meow.

Suprized farm ses ****** *** *** ******** *****!

Smile

Great Guide!

Thumbs up

Can this thread be moved to the FAQ's, Guides, and General Information section because it was not easy to find it.

great guide and extremely helpful

Farmhand

Ya. I just checked it and 2 legos kill the rat on a raid. I sent 5 just to be sure.

Farmhand

What do you do with your legs when you have E.I's? Won't the E.I's be raiding everyone dry before your legs get there?

Quote Originally Posted by ezr611 View Post
    What do you do with your legs when you have E.I's? Won't the E.I's be raiding everyone dry before your legs get there?
    I usually use the legg's to farm in my 7x7 or 13x13 and use the EI's for farms further out.
    http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/s...ithpeanuts.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Bear
    I locked NS's thread.

Legs are also good to use against cavalry defense when clearing out farms for EIs. By the time you're using EIs you'll probably be encountering Teuts with spears, and sending those 50 Legos you're not using along with your EIs will easily break their handful of spears. And, if nothing else, seventy Legos sitting at home are an adequate defense, too.

See? Generalizing can be good too. Sometimes.
    I am Forsaken. But you can call me Jack.

s1: **** that ****
    s8: **removed by the Witness Protection Agency**

Farmhand

I have 24 farms in my 1-hour barrier. Should I have 96-120 legs before I go for level 3 fields?

EDIT: That means 4-5 legs per farm.
    Last edited by ezr611; 07-02-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Needed to add extra info.

Farmhand

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    Legs are also good to use against cavalry defense when clearing out farms for EIs. By the time you're using EIs you'll probably be encountering Teuts with spears, and sending those 50 Legos you're not using along with your EIs will easily break their handful of spears. And, if nothing else, seventy Legos sitting at home are an adequate defense, too.

See? Generalizing can be good too. Sometimes.
    I farm with all of my troops, and never leave them stand and eat crop. You shouldn't use your units to defend in this stage of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ezr611 View Post
    I have 24 farms in my 1-hour barrier. Should I have 96-120 legs before I go for level 3 fields?

EDIT: That means 4-5 legs per farm.
    I have 0.5 legs per farm. If you have 90 legs you can go for those EI, then you can farm even more. ^^ Or you could go for your recs fields, which I wouldn't do, but that's your decision.
    US5 - PorkLoin

You've obviously never had the satisfaction of utterly destroying an incoming group of TTs, thus crippling the poor Gaul.

Farmhand

So I should get to 96 legs then quickly rush for E.I.'s?

96 is a very precise number...get to 90-ish Legs, then rush for EIs.

Obviously, adjust your number to fit your farms, but I wouldn't go over 100, just in case they all dry up. It's been known to happen quite suddenly.

That happened to me as I was playing teuton and all of the farms deleted except for 2 in my 7 by 7 and I had only gotten 40 maces....

I would have to say I live by this guide for me playing romans on .com4. I am doing amazing and find that they are really good. I stopped once I had 40 legos and it is day 7 now and I am up there with the tuetons! I dominate my 14x14 as well it is awesome. I am almost at EI's but my daul says I shouldn't get them yet . It is contreversal But I will. I again will say that this guide is amazingly awesome. I was just going to try out romans even though countless times I have heard that they fail and suck and I normally only see a couple of top romans.

I started s5 3 months after the server started as a teuton and I have surpassed alot of romans in population that have started begening game. But as I said this guide is awesome!
    us5-Ani
    .com4-Sir gorgeous

i have weak roman account, and this is the second time ive deleted it, should i start over?

Quote Originally Posted by frostalchemist View Post
    i have weak roman account, and this is the second time ive deleted it, should i start over?
    At the start, Romans are the hardest tribe to get moving. Once you get about mid game, you should have about 5-6 villages and things will move at a pretty good speed and all the resources that come in will be enough to build a large army.
    US3 R3 - Black Paladin