Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Detailed IW/Spite Plan for Server Startup

Default More Detailed IW/Spite Plan for Server Startup

IW will be having two wings. WE WILL BE IN THE SW. Stop asking people pls. SW. SW. SW.

IW will be SW core (-100/-100 and down) oriented and extremely offensive oriented. Defensive players or even support/cata types will be more than welcome in the core but on average i expect about 30 of the 60 at least to be largish, hammer supporting accounts.

Those of you familiar with my leading style will know that there will be HIGH troop requirements but you will also be surprised that i will have pop. growth requirements as well. Last round i re-iterated over and over and over that population meant nothing and this is true to a certain extent. In a semi-noobish clan you have to rant about this. We dont want people building level 20 embassies in all their villages before they build their troops up. This alliance is EXPECTED nay demanded to be different. I want only players that know that they shouldnt be wasting resources early on building TC's cause they are cool looking or give good pop. I want Hardcore Ni^%az that understand without me having to rant into their ear that you need a huge resource base to buildup huge troop counts. A troop to pop ratio of 10:1 is great but if you have 1k pop its not as impressive as a 5:1 troop to pop ratio from an account that has 15k pop.

The Second Wing which will be called IW2 or something like it will be in the more outer regions of the SW. IW2 members will be expected to wait at least 12 hours on startup and be slightly more defensive oriented in the more outer regions of the SW. Of course they will also need offensive players to dominate their area. These players will be expected to build defence to help support IW and each other. Not all players will have these requirements but the majority will. I will be leading this alliance personally through a 2nd in command who i will sit for throughout the round. This will not be considered in any fashion a lesser wing or different in any way from IW except that it will be slightly more defense oriented (or at least that is the plan). Obviously end game they will be expected to not only assist with taking WW's and plans but also providing a good solid chunk of the Defence for our WW push.

YES WE WILL BE DOING WW. I know a lot of elite players do not like to do teh WW. It is an utterly frustrating and boring exercise BUT this is my last round of Travian. I intend to be the #1 alliance and #1 player from tape to tape. And i expect to rub peoples noses in it and destroy anyone that even so much as raises their hand to suggest that we are not #1. The only way to conclusively prove our dominance will be the WW. I think that the majority of elite players secretly want to do the WW but just dont want to be the ones running and upgrading it. Well I WILL BE DOING THIS. Whether it will be on my account or more appropriately on a Roman account of someone who later in game I and my duals will quit too and assist run is another question.

Additional startup conditions.

-I want IW members to be spaced out across the inner core area upon activation. In order to attempt to achienve this i want somewhat spaced out activations.

I know that i intend to allow no other raiders into my 21 x21. That WILL INCLUDE allies or friends. This latest comx startup i had 4 IW members in my immediate vicinity and it completely destroyed my ability to get a fast start. It took me 5 days i think to get my 2nd village up. I will not be so kind in this round.

-I want everyone to be in my ventrilo server if possible during startup to keep things light and fun while we hammer out our early advantage. If not Vent then IRC.

IRC is absolutely the minimal external requirement of this alliance. If you cannot get into IRC or Vent then you are not welcome to play with IW. IW2 members will have only a very STRONG recommendation that they be in IRC. IW members will be expected to be in IRC unless they are playing from work, iphone, etc. and CANNOT do it. When they return home etc. and that restriction is no longer there they will be expected to be in Vent and/or IRC. I currently have a 25 person Vent. I will expand this if the numbers rise to what i hope and expect they will.

-OTHER STARTUP PLANS ETC
    -i dont want to share everything publicly. Lets just say i have now done about 3-4 wildly successful startups and a few fialures. I have spoken to the absolute best in the game at startups. So have many of my people. I have a few secrets to share. I have a few plans to share. If you are part of the team come to IRC now. Starting today lets get this sorted out. There have been changes to the game that effect startup to those that are coming back after a server or two hiatus.

For the moment our IRC is the same as last server. I will likely be switching this to a server that requires registration and gives more power to restrict things. I will be looking into that later today.

Anyways that is enough on this for public consumption. I have a list of those people that have shown interest so far. Again you can email me at MVSpite@hotmail.com or PM me here on the boards if you have questions and or are interested in joining us. We will again only be accepting to the best so include your credentials and/or references with your posts.

NOW FLAME ON SB and other assorted trolls.

PS I wont be playing the Spite name since someone had already stolen it by 5 minutes after the server registration restarted. I have yet to conclusively decide on a new name for in game.
    Last edited by Spite-NW; 09-25-2008 at 10:38 AM.
    -Mordkessel
    aka Spite

"The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare."

~My Better is Better than your Better~

Umm...has even 10 people agreed to join this alliance of yours?

All these stringent requirements and stuff just so that you can satisfy your ego? This thread is all about you and what you want in return for...?

It's called an alliance not a "Gather together and unite for the cause of satisfying Spite's ego just one last time"...
    a.k.a. Manther

S4: S4r3- Jazzy Jeff *deleted* DED (S4r2 -Teezy WP)
    S2: (S2r2 - Irishhawk) S3r3 - d0b
    usX:
    History of us4
    Glip be pimpin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I think PEWBA gets the bronze medal, RC gets the silver and Ded got the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    Umm...has even 10 people agreed to join this alliance of yours?

All these stringent requirements and stuff just so that you can satisfy your ego? This thread is all about you and what you want in return for...?

It's called an alliance not a "Gather together and unite for the cause of satisfying Spite's ego just one last time"...
    and yet they will still flock to him like birds. Unlike you who is just a random player lost on the map. He has built a reputation in the game not flaming on the fourms

Quote Originally Posted by funny View Post
    and yet they will still flock to him like birds. Unlike you who is just a random player lost on the map. He has built a reputation in the game not flaming on the fourms
    Oh yeah sure...he has built a reputation in game of fail whilst I prefer to be those oh-so-expendable contributing alliance member who refuses to do the boring leadership stuff.

Start a war he didn't finish and abandon his dissolving alliance.

Birds of a feather flock together, I never knew elite was a synonym of failure.
    a.k.a. Manther

usX:
    History of us4
    Glip be pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    Oh yeah sure...he has built a reputation in game of fail whilst I prefer to be those oh-so-expendable contributing alliance member who refuses to do the boring leadership stuff.

Start a war he didn't finish and abandon his dissolving alliance.

Birds of a feather flock together, I never knew elite was a synonym of failure.
    agreed he did drop out on them boys but **** happens. maybe he will have learned from his mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Spite-NW View Post
    I think that the majority of elite players secretly want to do the WW but just dont want to be the ones running and upgrading it. Well I WILL BE DOING THIS. Whether it will be on my account or more appropriately on a Roman account of someone who later in game I and my duals will quit too and assist run is another question.
    So you'll just stroll in and take over the account of another player 'in your alliance' who will so freely give their account over to you? And you'll be apparently quitting your account to do this?

My name is Mojo. I'm from season 9 of the Simpsons.

Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey View Post
    So you'll just stroll in and take over the account of another player 'in your alliance' who will so freely give their account over to you? And you'll be apparently quitting your account to do this?

To actually be a WW holder you just need a plan holder village, capital and a chief.

I wonder who'd be willing to make such a great sacrifice for their alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by funny View Post
    agreed he did drop out on them boys but **** happens. maybe he will have learned from his mistake
    Are you one of his duals? lol

Meh I doubt it, his arrogance and self-confidence seems even stronger.
    a.k.a. Manther

usX:
    History of us4
    Glip be pimpin'

Default Really?

I dont recall Glip being one of his duals (though maybe under a different name), I certainly was not. Yes Spite left. No one other than Spite knows the real reasons, but life happens. I lost many players to life that I wished could have stayed: the original Zombies, Shorts, and in the last days, Spite to name a few.

But Spite's duals lived on. And even though we didnt win we did fight and survive through end-game. We'll be there again. If I dont meet Spite's stringent requirements then so be it. I dont wish for one moment he would relax them, I wish I could meet them!

In addition to Spite's elite will be, as before, many smaller alliances and smaller players who will again provide support. I'll be there for certain.

Do you think that flaming on a forum you'll discredit our efforts? We know what we did, we know the end game results, and we know what we want to achieve. We need and want a leader with the vision and the stomach to do what needs to be done.

Sound a little over the top? Maybe it is. Then again, maybe I understand what it takes to pull together an elite force. Obviously you dont.

To all my brother jarheads: Hoo Rah!

Well I WILL BE DOING THIS. Whether it will be on my account or more appropriately on a Roman account of someone who is winning after my villages are torn to shreds or I get bored and quit like last round and than I can say I was running the winning WW the whole time. But now, I have a built in excuse for my future failure.
    Fixed it for you.
    Last edited by JD70; 09-25-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Oh i have about 20 new applicants that i have cleared btw. This is in addition to returning IW members who want to play again with me.

Virtually everyone of these accounts are dualed. Majority of those will be 24/7.

Keep insulting. I am taking names. We will be seeing your little piddly accounts real soon.
    -Mordkessel
    aka Spite

"The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare."

Quote Originally Posted by Stonepaw View Post
    I lost many players to life that I wished could have stayed: the original Zombies, Shorts, and in the last days, Spite to name a few.
    The original Zombies does rock! It sucked sharing a 21x21 with him. RS were always coming up missing from my farms... wonder who could have taken them???
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Eb0l is the alpha and the omega
    The eternal pumpkin queen, and mother of gerbils
    So it was written and so it must forever be

Tell you what. I had many reasons i left. Boredom being one of the top. Why was this? Cause i had no enemies to challenge me.

Or does someone out there have the eggs to suggest they beat me?

Imagine me surrounded by enemies. Fully engaged. ROCK OUT WITH YOUR C&*K OUT TIME BABY.

This is what i live for. Plus i have a secret weapon you dont know about. Little thing called Hypo-Mania. Look it up.

My enemies are in such trouble. Once more into the breach Marines. HOOOOO RAHHHH
    -Mordkessel
    aka Spite

How do i change my forum name. I want to be known as Spite-SW this round.
    -Mordkessel
    aka Spite

Plus i have a secret weapon you dont know about. Little thing called Hypo-Mania. Look it up.
    They make medication for that you know. It will also help to control your gold spending.

Manic states of mind are very self destructive. Really, they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Eb0l is the alpha and the omega
    The eternal pumpkin queen, and mother of gerbils
    So it was written and so it must forever be

Crap that spews from my mouth that nobody really cares about and....

NOW FLAME ON SB and other assorted trolls.

PS I wont be playing the Spite name since someone had already stolen it by 5 minutes after the server registration restarted. I have yet to conclusively decide on a new name for in game.
    I have little doubt you will share this name with us as you haven't already. Additionally, providing us with said name would mean your account would be watched and you would not have the "Run away to another account like a ninny girl and pretend it was always my account wonder twins activate" option.

Default name change

How do i change my forum name. I want to be known as Spite-SW this round.
    I doubt you really need me to tell you this, but I found out by accident.

Since we havent activated yet, just registered, just re-regiser with the correct name and never activate the wrong one. This should not register as multiaccounting - but a note to multihunter wouldnt be a bad idea.

You may also be able to delete the account for the incorrect name, I did, but that was before typing in the activation code. Might be too late for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    They make medication for that you know. It will also help to control your gold spending.

Manic states of mind are very self destructive. Really, they are.
    You have no idea how destructive.
    [4:50 PM] <Jamie> Also I'm NDA
    [8:49 AM] <Josh> Angry saffy is always angry
    [8:49 AM] <Saffy> ^ that too

I have an idea... Everyone move to a different quad so he'll be bored again and quit. Haha.
    -Insert Sig Here-

Remember how boring last server was. Now picture it without me.

There are like 4 personalities on the entire USX server and i am 2 of them.
    -Mordkessel
    aka Spite

Remember how boring last server was. Now picture it without me.

There are like 4 personalities on the entire USX server and i am 2 of them.
    Yeah you made such a big impact on the last server
    -Insert Sig Here-

Hmm lol. You are right. IW and TBD becomign friends and thereby getting so ****ing bored we both went away had nothing to do with the also rans being able to win the server.

LOL.

Does anyone actually believe that if IW or TBD had really wanted the WW we wouldnt have won.

NATO are a good group of kids. I like them personally from those i have met. But they were a nobody alliance that didnt attack anyone or have to defend vs anyone all server. They simmed an entire round to "win" it.

I love how the SW thinks they were the shiznit last round. Where i play if you fight an enemy in your quadrant for an entire round and they are still there at the end of the round it means you failed hard.
    -Mordkessel
    aka Spite

Where i play if you fight an enemy in your quadrant for an entire round and they are still there at the end of the round it means you failed hard.

Translation: Last round my war with SB, and the fact that they were still there at the end means i have failed hard. Watch i am about to do it again, this time in the SW.
    Alliance Leader of OWNED (usx round 4, not usx round 5)
    Duvessas' baby's daddy. (Be jealous)
    [1/25/2009 12:22:11 PM] T says: F** you dead in your A**
    [1/25/2009 12:22:15 PM] Wal says: we have no time!
    http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9814/...r717143eg0.gif
    Had a bad day? Click Here

Hmm lol. You are right. IW and TBD becomign friends and thereby getting so ****ing bored we both went away had nothing to do with the also rans being able to win the server.

LOL.

Does anyone actually believe that if IW or TBD had really wanted the WW we wouldnt have won.

NATO are a good group of kids. I like them personally from those i have met. But they were a nobody alliance that didnt attack anyone or have to defend vs anyone all server. They simmed an entire round to "win" it.

I love how the SW thinks they were the shiznit last round. Where i play if you fight an enemy in your quadrant for an entire round and they are still there at the end of the round it means you failed hard.
    And I say if you sim all round and the ONLY major alliance you fight and can't defeat you fail even harder haha.
    -Insert Sig Here-

Quote Originally Posted by Alphafox View Post
    And I say if you sim all round and the ONLY major alliance you fight and can't defeat you fail even harder haha.
    To add to Alphafox quote.

And even in that defeat you end up quiting on your alliance and did not actually fight until the end.
    While that other Major Alliance you did NOT defeat continued playing.
    That is Fail Hard Part III

Geez, I'm agreeing with Alphafox, this can't be good.

What exactly did IW prove last round that makes you think Spite that you are so superior? You guys did jack crap to SB and than left, big whoop, want a cookie?

I hope your alliance fails harder than TURAN, that will be the perfect way to end the Spite "legacy" on .usx
    Anonymous Trash Talker for .Usx
    Now working as full-time forum troll
    VN Forever!
    Halz - US5X

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Anything to make Hale smile

Quote Originally Posted by Halelel View Post
    Geez, I'm agreeing with Alphafox, this can't be good.

What exactly did IW prove last round that makes you think Spite that you are so superior? You guys did jack crap to SB and than left, big whoop, want a cookie?

I hope your alliance fails harder than TURAN, that will be the perfect way to CEMENT the Spite "legacy" on .usx
    Fixed it for ya.

Wow spite, didn't we have this argument on IRC a month ago? (Referring to population still being important). I realize that it is common knowledge, but you are almost directly copying my words and adding a touch of ego. Be original for once.

Copying Jono is not the popular thing to do.

~Jono
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

Also, what is this **** about IW winning the endgame if you had wanted to? OR TBD?

NATO had more hammers than both TBD and IW combined. If you sum up the total WW damage TBD cause, you would come up with 5 levels to SB WW. Sum up total SWC damage (75% of which was NATO) and you'll get a couple WW levels and half of 4 great warehouses. AND they dealt 66% of the damage on other WWs (SB dealt the other 33%).

Total IW WW damage was 5 levels, before we had our defense stacked.

SB had more hammers than you even! (Combined).

It is possible that SB would have done even better had IW participated, as the hatred for you was far more than it was for SB and I.

Get over your massive fail. We will see how you do this round-but you will not be respected as long as you continue to think that you are the God of this game, you will not be respected.

When two alliances gang up on an alliance they proclaim will be gone in two weeks, kill a bunch of villas, and lose a bunch of hammers, then run away, they deserve nothing better than the title of "epic fail".

Man up and admit that SWC earned their win.

~Jono
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

To add to Jono's point. First, NATO had several members in the top attackers list before endgame. We didn't sit on our behinds the whole round just simming. It's called a PLAN. We opted not to get involved in the major infighting during the buildup to the endgame so we could have a chance to win. How is that a bad thing? Just because we played to win the round, and didn't play it like you think a top alliance should, doesn't make us weak. Leadership came up with this plan before the round even started and we stuck to it. We executed just like we had hoped, and had a direct effect on the outcome of the round. Mission accomplished.

We were unknown, yes. But you'll notice we actually tried to stay that way. We purposefully stayed off these forums to avoid notice, and to avoid getting in to a e-peen contest with other alliances. Why trash talk the whole round, exposing ourselves to grudge attacks, when we could watch everyone else bash on each other? That's why we had hammers left at endgame. But like I said, not everyone in NATO simply focused on troop building. We had our pitbulls. They did plenty of damage.

Get over yourself Spite. You had a good round. Congrats. But not everyone plays like you, nor should they.

But the thing is jono IW would most likely have more "hammers" if they planned to go for the wws, since they wouldn't have had to waste said hammers on clearing plan/ww locations with just minor planning involved. That could have been done with playtime armies. Also the 2 IW hammers hitting the drumbokas WW aimed for the WW itself beacuse we thought it would be more fun than just a regular old GW hit, had we really wanted to delay your build we would have hit GWs since that would cause longer buildtime. Plus maybe tried a bit harder to get that ram army we were supposed to have somewhere online to hit before the cata hits

Let's face it, IW was never planning to play in a WW race so the alliance was not prepared for that. I.e. simmed up offense armies, possible ram armies, ww/plan site clearers, and in general the activity to keep playing throughout the endgame. Had IW wanted to do a WW race with experienced and active members in the lead then I'm sure they could have done decently. Not saying they would have won, but their chances would have been as good as NATOs with some preparation and focus. Then again, preparation and focus was the one thing IW lacked all round so maybe IW would have failed epochly even if they were planning for a WW win since day 1.

The only thing I don't like with the way nato did things though was that from the looks of it, some of their WW hammers had 0 def of their own. It may be strategically clever, but I have always been annoyed with people who expect others to defend them and not have any defence to offer in return. Then again I rarely like to play in large metas or just sim my offense for 2.5 months just to hit a ww a tad harder.
    I am a Bully

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Translation: Last round my war with SB, and the fact that they were still there at the end means i have failed hard. Watch i am about to do it again, this time in the SW.
    QFT.

By the way, I heard you were baking. Apron pics or it didn't happen.
    Executive Handholder of the Travians

Quote Originally Posted by thelayfasian View Post
    Duvessa is better.
    [3:43:15 AM] Duvessa says: Dang, Jono... someone put a reindeer up your butt?
    [3:43:26 AM] Jono says: no just a *****

Quote Originally Posted by luler View Post
    The only thing I don't like with the way nato did things though was that from the looks of it, some of their WW hammers had 0 def of their own. It may be strategically clever, but I have always been annoyed with people who expect others to defend them and not have any defence to offer in return. Then again I rarely like to play in large metas or just sim my offense for 2.5 months just to hit a ww a tad harder.
    Or, it may be that our defense was at the WW site? Why waste defensive troops in a hammer just to get a few more attack points when they could be put to much better use protecting ours?

No, for instance that gaul off army guy who posted his troop overview had like 11k phals in starter or something and no other villages had troops listed. That pretty much means no defence making, since even if they were sent to a WW or somwhere else chances are most villages would have a few leftover phals.
    I am a Bully

But the thing is jono IW would most likely have more "hammers" if they planned to go for the wws, since they wouldn't have had to waste said hammers on clearing plan/ww locations with just minor planning involved. That could have been done with playtime armies. Also the 2 IW hammers hitting the drumbokas WW aimed for the WW itself beacuse we thought it would be more fun than just a regular old GW hit, had we really wanted to delay your build we would have hit GWs since that would cause longer buildtime. Plus maybe tried a bit harder to get that ram army we were supposed to have somewhere online to hit before the cata hits

Let's face it, IW was never planning to play in a WW race so the alliance was not prepared for that. I.e. simmed up offense armies, possible ram armies, ww/plan site clearers, and in general the activity to keep playing throughout the endgame. Had IW wanted to do a WW race with experienced and active members in the lead then I'm sure they could have done decently. Not saying they would have won, but their chances would have been as good as NATOs with some preparation and focus. Then again, preparation and focus was the one thing IW lacked all round so maybe IW would have failed epochly even if they were planning for a WW win since day 1.

You make good points. However, Spite said that IW and TBD, as is, would have easily taken the server. Not maybe, he implied that it wouldn't have been a problem. And you had very few players in IW good enough to create hammers..

We saw your "Hammer pushing" list, and only two of those players ended up with an army. So I doubt you would have had much .

No, for instance that gaul off army guy who posted his troop overview had like 11k phals in starter or something and no other villages had troops listed. That pretty much means no defence making, since even if they were sent to a WW or somwhere else chances are most villages would have a few leftover phals.
    NATO simmed most of the server so they didnt need defensive troops *shrug* I bet most IW players didnt have many defensive troops either.
    -Insert Sig Here-

NATO simmed most of the server so they didnt need defensive troops *shrug* I bet most IW players didnt have many defensive troops either.
    NATO loves you too Alpha, we are getting shirts made up in your name!!

That's cool Spite!!! Did you put make that all by yourself?

I am going to put this up on my refrigerator next to all those other pretty things you have tried to make! Like your macaroni owl that looks like a you put glue on paper and threw handfuls of macaroni at it, or the pretty finger painting with the poorly done house and you with your little doggy that got run over and your parents told you it went to go live on a farm. Gosh, so many memories of fail...
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucas View Post
    NATO loves you too Alpha, we are getting shirts made up in your name!!
    yay!
    -Insert Sig Here-

Quote Originally Posted by Duvessa View Post
    QFT.

By the way, I heard you were baking. Apron pics or it didn't happen.

Check e-mail.

But not the spam folder, that is where spites omelet pics are..
    Alliance Leader of OWNED (usx round 4, not usx round 5)
    Duvessas' baby's daddy. (Be jealous)
    [1/25/2009 12:22:11 PM] T says: F** you dead in your A**
    [1/25/2009 12:22:15 PM] Wal says: we have no time!
    http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9814/...r717143eg0.gif
    Had a bad day? Click Here